Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,270 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:13 AM

The Secret Of Ovulation Women Don't Know {pics}. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Secret Of Ovulation Women Don't Know {pics}. (5227 Views)

The Reason Most Married Women Don't Visit Husband's People / Some Women Don't Have Sense / My Wife's Elder Sister Has Finally Settled In My Home & I Don't Know What To Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Secret Of Ovulation Women Don't Know {pics}. by YourPHYSICIAN: 9:07pm On Jan 01, 2017
Strange but true, 7 out of every 10 patients i attended to last year didn't have a perfect understanding of how ovulation can be tracked. Ovulation is the release of an egg(ovum) from one of your ovaries down to your fallopian tube for the purpose of fertilization and it's experienced once in a menstrual cycle. Contrary to what some people think, ovulation lasts for just a day but you could still get pregnant even from the unprotected sex you had a few days before your ovulation as a sperm cell can last between 2 to 4 days(based on different factors) before they eventually die off. That you see your menstrual period doesn't necessarily mean you ovulate, even without a menstrual period you can still ovulate, we've seen that in some women too. Ovulation is one of the things needed for fertilization to take place.

Your fertile window is approximately 5 days before and to the end of your ovulation. On this day your cervical mucus, that some of our women refer to as discharge, is meant to change, from thick to a raw egg-white consistency and it becomes stretchy too, that way it allows sperm cells to easily swim through.
Normally, a woman ovulates 14 days before her next menstrual period. Meaning if your menstrual cycle is regular and it's 28 days, you will ovulate on day 14. If your menstrual cycle is 30 days, you will ovulate on day 16. For women with a short cycle of 24 days, they will ovulate on day 10. If 23, you ovulate on day 9. Please, do take note that stress and medications can affect the regularity of your cycle. For our young girls out there who just reached puberty, it's normal for your menstrual cycle to be irregular in a way that you even miss a whole month, don't panic, it's your body learning - just like a crawling baby just learning to walk.

Best Regards,
Integrative Medicine Physician/fellow at University of Arizona Integrative Med.
'The medicine that can cure those diseases of yours'.
For Free Consultation:
09036899255.(WhatsApp only, pls!)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Secret Of Ovulation Women Don't Know {pics}. by Nobody: 9:17pm On Jan 01, 2017
Which kind thread I come be FTC

Anyways
Re: The Secret Of Ovulation Women Don't Know {pics}. by Ennyhollar(f): 9:26pm On Jan 01, 2017
Thank you for this
Re: The Secret Of Ovulation Women Don't Know {pics}. by Nixiepie(f): 9:43pm On Jan 01, 2017
Nice
Re: The Secret Of Ovulation Women Don't Know {pics}. by YourPHYSICIAN: 9:44pm On Jan 01, 2017
Ennyhollar:
Thank you for this

You're welcome.
Re: The Secret Of Ovulation Women Don't Know {pics}. by YourPHYSICIAN: 9:46pm On Jan 01, 2017
Nixiepie:
Nice
Thanks, Nixie.
Re: The Secret Of Ovulation Women Don't Know {pics}. by Janeyinspires(f): 12:42pm On Jan 04, 2017
Tnx for the enlightenment.
Some minds have been put to rest over the delay, as a result of a change in environment or stress.
Re: The Secret Of Ovulation Women Don't Know {pics}. by Nobody: 2:29pm On Jan 04, 2017
My PeriodCalender app do all the tracking and it works for me. Thanks anyway.
Re: The Secret Of Ovulation Women Don't Know {pics}. by Nobody: 4:06pm On Jan 04, 2017
Men seem to understand the female body better than the female's themselves, at least in Nigeria.
Re: The Secret Of Ovulation Women Don't Know {pics}. by mrsfavour(f): 7:16pm On Jan 17, 2017
Informative.will whatsapp u .
Re: The Secret Of Ovulation Women Don't Know {pics}. by Waladade4luv(m): 7:28pm On Jan 17, 2017
Informative thanks so much but my question is if intercouse happens within any of those five days is it certain that conception will occur
Re: The Secret Of Ovulation Women Don't Know {pics}. by PRISTINEMUSCLES: 9:19pm On Jan 17, 2017
Very informative. I discovered that women do not understand their own"physiology" compared to way we men do. Their bodies is so interesting to study.
I can tell the age of a woman by looking at her thighs.
Re: The Secret Of Ovulation Women Don't Know {pics}. by Heebah: 8:01pm On Jan 18, 2017
PRISTINEMUSCLES:
Very informative. I discovered that women do not understand their own"physiology" compared to way we men do. Their bodies is so interesting to study.
I can tell the age of a woman by looking at her thighs.
Are u serious? shocked shocked
Re: The Secret Of Ovulation Women Don't Know {pics}. by PRISTINEMUSCLES: 8:30pm On Jan 18, 2017
Heebah:
Are u serious? shocked shocked
Damn serious. I dey fear myself.

(1) (Reply)

Are Married Men More Responsible Than Single Men? / Bonanza!!! 2.4kva Inverter Plus 2 Units (FN) Of 200ah Batteries@ 99,900k Only / I Saw My Neighbors Wife Kissing Another Man Last Week. How to Unsee?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.