Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,722 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:12 PM

David Beckham insists Messi is level above Ronaldo. - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / David Beckham insists Messi is level above Ronaldo. (48586 Views)

Zidane Watched Inter Miami Cup Final Loss, Meets David Beckham And Lionel Messi / David Beckham And Daughter, Harper Share A Kiss. Fans React (Photos) / "I Regret Spending N9.6m To Look Like David Beckham" – Fan Reveals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

David Beckham insists Messi is level above Ronaldo. by Benevento(m): 5:15pm On Apr 19, 2020
Messi a level above Ronaldo in class of his own’ – Beckham ranks Barcelona star above former Man Utd No.7

Lionel Messi Cristiano Ronaldo Barcelona Juventus

The Red Devils and Real Madrid legend considers an Argentine playmaker to be a better player than a man who inherited his shirt at Old Trafford
Article continues below

Lionel Messi is a level above even Cristiano Ronaldo, says Manchester United legend David Beckham, with the Barcelona superstar considered to sit in a class of his own.

Many share that opinion of the mercurial Argentine forward, with his exploits at Camp Nou continuing to amaze and raise the bar of individual excellence.

Eternal rival Ronaldo is the only player to have got close to Messi, with the pair having split 11 Ballons d’Or between them.

Messi, though, has captivated audiences with his mazy dribbling and audacious finishing for the best part of 16 years, with a remarkable return of 627 goals recorded for the Blaugrana in that time.

For former England captain Beckham, who passed on the No.7 shirt at United to Ronaldo and also preceded him at Real Madrid, South American flair wins out over Portuguese power.

He told Telam: “He [Messi] is alone in his class as a player, it is impossible that there is another like him.

“He, like Cristiano Ronaldo, who is not at his level, are both above the rest.”

Lionel Messi David Beckham FC Barcelona PSG

Beckham briefly shared a Champions League stage with Messi towards the end of his own distinguished playing career.

The former LA Galaxy midfielder was on the books at Paris Saint-Germain by that stage, as he prepared to hang up his boots in France.

PSG were paired with Barca at the quarter-final stage of Europe’s premier club competition in 2013, with the Catalan giants eventually progressing on away goals after a 3-3 stalemate over two legs.

Beckham’s side were ahead at one stage during their visit to Camp Nou, but Messi stepped off the bench in that game and Pedro snatched what would prove to be the decisive effort in a thrilling tie.

“We were leading before Messi came in, and once he came in, Barcelona scored,” Beckham said.

“Although I enjoyed playing at that level at my age, I do not like to lose.

“Our team played well. In both matches, we did things we should be proud of.

“We didn't lose against Barcelona, and that is something that should motivate us.”

https://www.goal.com/en/amp/news/messi-level-above-ronaldo-beckham-barcelona-man-utd/w6n84g6lfse81qcgzbhb5c4hm

63 Likes 3 Shares

Re: David Beckham insists Messi is level above Ronaldo. by Benevento(m): 5:15pm On Apr 19, 2020
Meanwhile, Wayne Rooney has this to say.

139 Likes 12 Shares

Re: David Beckham insists Messi is level above Ronaldo. by TCRC: 5:27pm On Apr 19, 2020
hm
Re: David Beckham insists Messi is level above Ronaldo. by Benevento(m): 5:44pm On Apr 19, 2020
C.Ronaldo's boys right now.

298 Likes 24 Shares

Re: David Beckham insists Messi is level above Ronaldo. by ThierryJay: 6:19pm On Apr 19, 2020
Lol, Jokerman go don dey vex nau o. grin

Remember these are ex-Manutd players with closer ties to CR7 o. Their opinion can be said to be more objective.

As a player, there is no way you'd play with or against both Messi and Ronaldo, and go for CR7 as the better player.

272 Likes 20 Shares

Re: David Beckham insists Messi is level above Ronaldo. by Jokerman(m): 6:45pm On Apr 19, 2020
Lolssss grin

I have said this time without number...

We all know the conspiracy against Ronaldo, shebi that's why he was denied the 6th ballondor

However since Pele( �) goes with Cr7, his opinion carries more weight than any player on earth grin

134 Likes 13 Shares

Re: David Beckham insists Messi is level above Ronaldo. by chiboy1116: 7:07pm On Apr 19, 2020
Jokerman:
Lolssss grin

I have said this time without number...

We all know the conspiracy against Ronaldo, shebi that's why he was denied the 6th ballondor

However since Pele( �) goes with Cr7, his opinion carries more weight than any player on earth grin
the same Pele that said Messi is the only player as talented as him? The same Pele that said Messi is the best player of his generation? Dude that man's opinion doesn't count , he doesn't even know what he says most times . Watch him label Messi as the best player next year lmao.

169 Likes 11 Shares

Re: David Beckham insists Messi is level above Ronaldo. by Nobody: 8:02pm On Apr 19, 2020
grin According to penaldo fans he's jealous because Ronaldo is more handsome and popular.

Lmao I'm not surprised Sha, some people are even the devil fans and support him to destroy the world

When Messi former teammates chose Messi they say he's biased.

When penaldo former teammates choose Messi, they say he's jealous.

Penaldo fans are the stupidest

174 Likes 7 Shares

Re: David Beckham insists Messi is level above Ronaldo. by ignis: 8:51pm On Apr 19, 2020
That is his personal opinion.

Let Messi leave Spanish League and come and perform in Premier League let me see.

68 Likes 4 Shares

Re: David Beckham insists Messi is level above Ronaldo. by wilemer: 8:51pm On Apr 19, 2020
I agree

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: David Beckham insists Messi is level above Ronaldo. by arejibadz(m): 8:51pm On Apr 19, 2020
This is no argument any body that says otherwise prolly watch live scores

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: David Beckham insists Messi is level above Ronaldo. by Nobody: 8:51pm On Apr 19, 2020
Everyone knows this

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: David Beckham insists Messi is level above Ronaldo. by Osnami: 8:51pm On Apr 19, 2020
Okay. Let's settle this issue tonight.
Like for Messi
Share for Ronaldo

475 Likes 147 Shares

Re: David Beckham insists Messi is level above Ronaldo. by DuBLINGreenb(m): 8:51pm On Apr 19, 2020
E no concern me
Re: David Beckham insists Messi is level above Ronaldo. by MisterGrace: 8:51pm On Apr 19, 2020
Whatever you need to tell yourself. Your opinion doesn't count.

7 Likes

Re: David Beckham insists Messi is level above Ronaldo. by EmmaOgbu(m): 8:52pm On Apr 19, 2020
David, what do have to say about covid 19?
Re: David Beckham insists Messi is level above Ronaldo. by chiefolododo(m): 8:52pm On Apr 19, 2020
Nay.Becham is talking of something that happened in 2013, where was Messi when Liverpool thrashed Barcelona 4-0? Rooney is just jealous, Rooney doesn't know that he is better than Messi? If he has a team like Barcelona that plays for only him. It is impossible for you to score more than Messi in any match. He will sell you

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: David Beckham insists Messi is level above Ronaldo. by McBrooklyn(m): 8:52pm On Apr 19, 2020
Any sane person should know that already.. smiley

70 Likes

Re: David Beckham insists Messi is level above Ronaldo. by directonpc(m): 8:52pm On Apr 19, 2020
Na wa oo

First Rooney, now him? English people hating on another EU player.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: David Beckham insists Messi is level above Ronaldo. by jerryunit48: 8:52pm On Apr 19, 2020
These guys have started talking football shifting gears a bit from Coronavirus... a lot of us can’t wait for sports to start

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: David Beckham insists Messi is level above Ronaldo. by kalvoken(m): 8:52pm On Apr 19, 2020
It's not hard to detect jealous when you see one. Most of these so called old team players just aren't happy to see small boy of Ronaldo work hard to surpass their records. So they prefer to have a particular artifact who never lives the shrine have all the accolades.

Well we have their types scattered all over. A similar case is that of Buhari and Gej, the zombies chose him but are all on regrets now.

47 Likes 9 Shares

Re: David Beckham insists Messi is level above Ronaldo. by 6lam(m): 8:52pm On Apr 19, 2020
Like nairaland like goal.com ... Anti-Cristiono Ronaldo.

7 Likes

Re: David Beckham insists Messi is level above Ronaldo. by Afam4eva(m): 8:52pm On Apr 19, 2020
Rooney just said the same thing. It's only hungry penaldo fans that won't let us hear world. People who have a say in World Football have picked Messi time and time again.

49 Likes

Re: David Beckham insists Messi is level above Ronaldo. by Frankyboy1(m): 8:52pm On Apr 19, 2020
I am not a fan of Spanish football! But if I want to test the level of sentiment of an individual, I ask him messi and Ronaldo who is a better footballer? I don't care about their successes or achievements cause it is relative and dependent on a lot of factors, if you choose Rinaldo, then I judge you as a biased and sentimental individual. It is not about theory or opinion, or who fine pass or give charity pass! Brother, if na football for leg, no footballer in the world can boldly choose Rinaldo, Messi is a class ahead of Ronaldo, though Ronaldo is more motivated and has more drive, but .messi is a magician,an enigma, master of the game, as the curtains draws on both of the world most combative footballers, I have got nothing for respect for both of them,for what they have achieved in the game

132 Likes 6 Shares

Re: David Beckham insists Messi is level above Ronaldo. by jumper524(m): 8:53pm On Apr 19, 2020
This argument would never end, ever.
Back then in secondary school, we argue this stuff from 10pm to 3am yet nobody win.
Abeg I no fit argue again.

That left footed goat seams to amaze me the most sha..

28 Likes

Re: David Beckham insists Messi is level above Ronaldo. by Teaser4(m): 8:53pm On Apr 19, 2020
penaldo fanboys dey eye Beckham like...

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: David Beckham insists Messi is level above Ronaldo. by Nobody: 8:53pm On Apr 19, 2020
If we tell them, them go dey argue....

Messi is superior to Ronaldo

Just like saying chidinma ekuke grin (Ronaldo) is on the same level with (Beyonce)

How is dt possible??

Ronaldo is a frustrated he-goat. He gat no class no levels lacks maturity

But king Messi, the chief slayer... The master of soccer, Alien of soccer, god of soccer

The Krishna of football.

All hail king Messi.
Let slaves like Ronaldo respect the king.

Oba alayeluwa Messi

I dedicate this comment to petyprincess Froshloaded and damnn nigarr slawormir Wayray omo grin

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: David Beckham insists Messi is level above Ronaldo. by Imoh555(m): 8:53pm On Apr 19, 2020
No argument here

7 Likes

Re: David Beckham insists Messi is level above Ronaldo. by popweezy(m): 8:53pm On Apr 19, 2020
This cant stop me from liking my Cr7

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: David Beckham insists Messi is level above Ronaldo. by odubayor(m): 8:53pm On Apr 19, 2020
Okay na that one go give us money this week abi embarassed
Re: David Beckham insists Messi is level above Ronaldo. by Wavvywind: 8:53pm On Apr 19, 2020
1, 2, 3...

Let the rumble begin!

2 Likes

Re: David Beckham insists Messi is level above Ronaldo. by SouthNigerian: 8:53pm On Apr 19, 2020
The Beck can kiss Meshit ass all he wants.

Cristiano Ronaldo isn't just a footballer, Cristiano is a Realist.
His name "Cristiano Ronaldo" shall keep ringing bells even after retiring from football.

The ones who are born today won't be familiar with Cristiano as a Footballer, Cristiano Ronaldo will be a generational bomb in the Entertainment Industry.

25 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

Cristiano Ronaldo Drips Hard As He Arrives In Style To Boxing Match (Pix, Video) / Onyekuru Dances 'zanku' To Celebrate His Hat-trick Goals For Galatasaray / Elizabeth Johnson Is Dead (Sunshine Queens FC Goalkeeper Dies)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.