Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,764 members, 7,809,936 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:31 PM

Where Are The Lampard Critics? Gerrard Sucked Big Time Last Night! - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Where Are The Lampard Critics? Gerrard Sucked Big Time Last Night! (3937 Views)

Chelsea Fan Dies After Lampard's city equalizer. / "Do You Know What He (messi) Was Doing This Time Last Year?...- C.ronaldo / Steven Gerrard And Frank Lampard Who Is Better At Their Respective Club? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Are The Lampard Critics? Gerrard Sucked Big Time Last Night! by Razorr(f): 8:35am On Jun 07, 2007
grin   grin   grin   grin

If Lampard played the kind of rubbish Gerrard played last night, you guys would have been screaming for his head!

Lampard was a major influence in Englands game last night. Gerrard looked like he was sleepy.  tongue

Look at the ratings from http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2002390000-2007260314,00.html

PAUL ROBINSON
COMMANDED his area with authority, looked confident throughout taking crosses. Made one good save with ease in the second half. Another comfortable evening for the Spurs man.
Mark (out of 10) 6

WES BROWN
STARTED the game looking uneasy and never really got to grips with his role. Too many times he allowed his man to go past, causing danger for his team-mates. Not the answer at right-back. 5

JOHN TERRY
ENGLAND’S best defender on the night. Kept his focus in a match where for long periods he was not needed to be at his best. When Estonia threatened it was usually the captain who snuffed it out. 7

LEDLEY KING
RELATIVELY good night for the Spurs centre-half. Made some important tackles and two good blocks when it mattered. But his distribution of the ball was not what it might have been. 6

WAYNE BRIDGE
RECALLED in place of Shorey and proved his worth. Made some excellent attacking runs, overlapping well with his Chelsea colleague Joe Cole. Tried to rival Becks on the crossing without claiming an assist. 7

DAVID BECKHAM
YOU just can’t keep the former skipper out of the limelight. Was involved in almost every positive move for England. A good night for Becks as he claimed an assist on goals for Crouch and Owen. 7

STEVEN GERRARD
STRANGELY subdued performance from the normally inspirational Liverpool midfielder. It’s been a long season and tiredness seemed to affect his play in terms of running and passing. Desperately needs a holiday. 5

FRANK LAMPARD
ANOTHER disciplined and dedicated 90 minutes for his country. Appeared to make more tackles and cover more ground than any other player on the pitch. Was also unlucky not to snatch a goal. 7

JOE COLE
ANOTHER selfless and effective game from the midfielder. Unlike the Brazil match he kept it simple and, when the opportunity arrived, he drilled in a very good opener. Becoming an influential figure. 7

MICHAEL OWEN
GOT lost in the chaos of England’s early play. Worked very hard to make himself useful to the team but rarely received the required service. Scored in the 62nd minute from Beckham’s perfect cross. 7

PETER CROUCH
STAR MAN. A mature and powering performance from the tallest player in the country. Was used constantly as the targetman and then struck with a well-taken header from Becks’ superb centre. Booked. 8

Hey, was it just me that saw Joe Cole's super goal? grin grin
Re: Where Are The Lampard Critics? Gerrard Sucked Big Time Last Night! by Razorr(f): 8:37am On Jun 07, 2007
Lampard has proven that he is here to stay. You guys can yab him all you want, he will still be in England's first 11 for a long time to come. grin
Re: Where Are The Lampard Critics? Gerrard Sucked Big Time Last Night! by Razorr(f): 8:45am On Jun 07, 2007
Lampard's criticism has proven what I have been saying all along, that it is not Lampard that you people have a problem with but Chelsea. angry

Gerrard played rubbish last night, but nobody is talking about it. But when Lampard played a subdued game, everybody was asking for him to be benched.

Bloody haters! grin grin

I hope you guys noticed that all Chelsea's players played beautifully last night. Wayne Bridge was impressive, Terry was brilliant as usual, Joe Cole was brilliant and Lampard was quite hard working. grin grin
Re: Where Are The Lampard Critics? Gerrard Sucked Big Time Last Night! by Razorr(f): 8:53am On Jun 07, 2007
The two biggest lessons we learned last night were: -

1. Dropping Beckham was a costly mistake.

2. Lampard and Gerrard can work.

Only a complete block head and big fool would disagree with those two conclusions. grin grin
Re: Where Are The Lampard Critics? Gerrard Sucked Big Time Last Night! by RuuDie(m): 9:40am On Jun 07, 2007
yeah Stevie G. sucked LAST NITE but ur Lamps sucked ALL SEASON - so don't get over-excited bcuz he played well against ESTONIA; na 4 dis kain match im mate dem dey shine make mouth where was he against BRAZIL
Re: Where Are The Lampard Critics? Gerrard Sucked Big Time Last Night! by RuuDie(m): 9:43am On Jun 07, 2007
Razorr:

The two biggest lessons we learned last night were: -

1. Dropping Beckham was a costly mistake.

2. Lampard and Gerrard can work.

Only a complete block head and big fool would disagree with those two conclusions. grin grin

#1 is manageable; #2 no way angry --- sit lampards butt on the bench so that he can watch & learn.
Re: Where Are The Lampard Critics? Gerrard Sucked Big Time Last Night! by RuuDie(m): 9:46am On Jun 07, 2007
Pls, don't go on about J. Cole & J. Terry when they come up against big guns, they just dress up & walk around on the pitch !

Wayne Bridge --- yes ! i'll hand it 2 him, he's a pretty useful player !
Re: Where Are The Lampard Critics? Gerrard Sucked Big Time Last Night! by Razorr(f): 9:49am On Jun 07, 2007
Wow Ruudie! Welcome! I've been expecting you!  grin   grin

Lampard played brilliantly in the last two matches. He played decently well against Brazil and he put up a good show last night.

Did you notice that Lampard only played badly when Beckham was dropped? But since Beckham came back he has done better?

That shows you that it wasn't Lampard's fault all along, but the coach.

Beckham should never have been dropped.

If Lampard played the kind of rubbish Gerrrd played last night, you guys would have been calling for his head o. It proves what I've been saying all along, it's not Lampard you guys hate, but Chelsea.  angry
Re: Where Are The Lampard Critics? Gerrard Sucked Big Time Last Night! by Razorr(f): 9:52am On Jun 07, 2007
Wait wait wait. . . Ruudie, did you just yab Terry and Joe cole? shocked shocked

Have you lost your f*cking mind? angry

Terry is the best defender in England and Joe Cole is the best winger in England, so if you don't have anything sensible to say, you better go self-service yourself or something! angry

What blattant nonsense! angry
Re: Where Are The Lampard Critics? Gerrard Sucked Big Time Last Night! by Razorr(f): 9:54am On Jun 07, 2007
For your infoa: -

1. Terry is the best defender in the English team at the moment.

2. Joe Cole is the best winger.

3. Crouch is the best striker at the moment.

3. Beckham is the best midfielder in the English squad.  grin

If you have a problem with any of the conclusions above, then you must be a nut case.  grin   grin
Re: Where Are The Lampard Critics? Gerrard Sucked Big Time Last Night! by RuuDie(m): 10:00am On Jun 07, 2007
Razorr:

Wow Ruudie! Welcome! I've been expecting you!  grin   grin
I'm deeply touched  ! angry

Razorr:

Lampard played brilliantly in the last two matches. He played decently well against Brazil and he put up a good show last night.
Did you notice that Lampard only played badly when Beckham was dropped? But since Beckham came back he has done better?
That shows you that it wasn't Lampard's fault all along, but the coach.
Beckham should never have been dropped.

If Lampard played the kind of rubbish Gerrrd played last night, you guys would have been calling for his head o. It proves what I've been saying all along, it's not Lampard you guys hate, but Chelsea.  angry

So if Beckie dies 2moro, Lamps dies with him abi   RIDICULOUS ! ur boy has lost it, he should just take a break & let others play --- they're way too many useful midfielders lining up 4 that space that Lamps is occupying !

Wait, its the coach's fault that Lamps don't know how 2 kick a ball again --- which 1 Jose or Steve  
Beckham was dropped cuz he wasn't playing jack; now he's gone & got his game right, suggest same should be done 2 ur Lamps !
Re: Where Are The Lampard Critics? Gerrard Sucked Big Time Last Night! by RuuDie(m): 10:06am On Jun 07, 2007
Razorr:

3. Beckham is the best midfielder.  grin
If you have a problem with any of the conclusions above, then you must be a nut case. grin grin

Oooh up till now u neva recognise say i be nut-case, then u must be a bigger 1 ! grin

As 4 ur conclusions,
#1. This dude has clearly not recovered from the knock he got against Reading, na jus gra gra im dey do
#2. He should go & take step-over lessons from Robinho & learn how 2 cross from SWP
#3. Where In the MLS
Re: Where Are The Lampard Critics? Gerrard Sucked Big Time Last Night! by Razorr(f): 10:09am On Jun 07, 2007
Ruudie, when I first came to Nairaland and saw some of your posts, I used to respect some of your analysis, I thought they were brilliant, but I must confess now that you've disappointed me with that last post.

Can't you analyse football without sentiments?  

It was not only Lampard that played badly in the last one year. It was the whole team. Even Rooney, Crouch, Terry and the rest of the team had bad spells.

The coach seemed confused about what tactics and formation he wanted to use.

You can't single out one player and blame him for a team's woes.

Gerrard played badly last night but I won't ask for his head. He is a very good player.

It's the same with Lampard.

Don't forget that this guys have played so many games for their clubs this season. they deserve to be tired.

Lampard played in almost every Chelsea game this season. He played much more games than Gerrard, so don't blame him if he showed spells of tiredness in his previous matches. He is not getting younger.

He improved last night because he had had time to rest after Chelsea's last game.

Give the guy a f*cking break!  angry
Re: Where Are The Lampard Critics? Gerrard Sucked Big Time Last Night! by loyika(m): 10:14am On Jun 07, 2007
RuuDie

Do not mind Razorr, she is on some "Everyone hates Chelsea" Crusade, i wonder when Criticising Fat Frank became a rundown of Chelsea, when folks were criticising Beckham, did Real fans scream blue murder (when people criticised Henry for France, i never saw arsenal fans stand up to say he was delivering for the national side, even if he is on the verge of being the highest goal scorer for his country ever!)

But yet Razorr seems to have the[b] "Hots"[/b] for Lampard, instead of admiting she has a massive Crush on him, she hides it behind her love for Chelsea (Notice how she never really talks about J Cole or Terry as much as she loves talking about Lamps)

She accuses folks of beefing Chelsea, Yet jumps up at every opportunity to make fun of liverpool (Razorr they beat you guys in the Semis JESUS!! GET OVER IT!!).

can you Imagine praising Lampard for his game against ESTONIA!! ESTO[b](BLOODY)[/b]NIA, the Estonia that have not won a game or even scored a Bloody goal in their group (haven't even drawn).

For a more balanced Rating (when did people start patronising the SUN  tongue tongue)

http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/0,,2097207,00.html

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/euro_2008/article1896470.ece

Will look for more rather than the one from the SUN  tongue

All the talk has been on Becks in the Media, yet as far as Razorr is concerned we should praise Lamps for doing nothing Special

cool GOONER 89

P.S. DID you say Lamps had a nice game against Brazil   and you want us to believe you don't "FANTASIZE ABOUT HIM"   grin grin
Re: Where Are The Lampard Critics? Gerrard Sucked Big Time Last Night! by Razorr(f): 10:19am On Jun 07, 2007
Loyika!  shocked  Welcome!  cheesy  I've been expecting you!  grin

Did you say I'm going on about how everybody hates Chelsea?    Sweetheart, everybody hates Chelsea!  grin   grin

Fans like me have to defend our players because we know how wicked the English press can be. They can destroy a guy's career just because he has a few bad spells.

I do not need to have a crush on him to defend him. I am just trying to protect him from the destruction that you guys are trying to inflict on him!

Bloody haters!  tongue
Re: Where Are The Lampard Critics? Gerrard Sucked Big Time Last Night! by chuckdee4(m): 10:26am On Jun 07, 2007
Razorr:

3. Crouch is the best striker at the moment.

3. Beckham is the best midfielder in the English squad. grin

If you have a problem with any of the conclusions above, then you must be a nut case. grin grin

1. True
2. True
3. At the moment yes
4. LIE, Gerrard is the best midfielder in England

Razoor don't get all excited, it was only Estonia, England still have loads to prove, Lampard should be dropped like a bad habit, he barely shinned yesterday against Estonia shocked, when Brazil, Portugal n even Trinidad n Tobago were put in font of him, he was non existent, lampard is a small time player who 's never present when the big boys come to town, see most of his premiership games and see how many he's scored against the big 4, Lampard's goals are only guaranteed against the likes of Aston Villa, Fulham etc, I'm not hating on Chelsea players just stating the obvious
Re: Where Are The Lampard Critics? Gerrard Sucked Big Time Last Night! by loyika(m): 10:26am On Jun 07, 2007
Protect him  

Don't worry Razorr he has a GirlFriend that does that  grin  grin

Well i guess the Fans booed him at Wembley because of the Media right I mean, they do not watch the matches but read it in the Newspapers.

Anyway, i hope Lamps plays against ESTONIA everyday, so he can have a "BRILLIANT" game everytime.  cheesy cheesy

cool GOONER 89
Re: Where Are The Lampard Critics? Gerrard Sucked Big Time Last Night! by Razorr(f): 10:30am On Jun 07, 2007
See what I'm talking about? You guys are always looking for the slightest opportunity to run Chelsea down. grin

We won't give you the chance. grin

We would stand by our boys. grin

Bloody haters! tongue
Re: Where Are The Lampard Critics? Gerrard Sucked Big Time Last Night! by chuckdee4(m): 10:32am On Jun 07, 2007
Razorr, between you and me who would you say is a better player Lampard or Gerrard
Re: Where Are The Lampard Critics? Gerrard Sucked Big Time Last Night! by RuuDie(m): 10:36am On Jun 07, 2007
@ Loyika, Thanx man ,  the girl no dey gree hear word  grin

Razorr:

Ruudie, when I first came to Nairaland and saw some of your posts, I used to respect some of your analysis, I thought they were brilliant,
Thanx !

Razorr:

but I must confess now that you've disappointed me with that last post.
No thanx !

Razorr:
Can't you analyse football without sentiments?  
I can & always have - it is u who's being sentimental about this maybe because of the Chelsea connection !

Nobody is blaming 1 or a set of players for the English woes, we're just saying drop asses if they ain't playing performing.
Same applies 4 some others like Joe Cole & Michael Owen, they have got no bizznizz in that team @ the moment, they've not quite hit their peak yet. John terry 2, ever since he returned from that injury he's been a shade shy of his usual bustle. There are just too many quality players out there that are not being used & it hurts 2 see that !

I[b]s the national team now a rehab center or qualifiers are now practise matches   well, with teams like ESTONIA, i guess they are !  grin[/b]
Re: Where Are The Lampard Critics? Gerrard Sucked Big Time Last Night! by Razorr(f): 10:42am On Jun 07, 2007
Ruudie, I'm going to ignore you from now on seeing that you can't detatch sentiments from your posts.

As for you Chuckdee, between you and me, I'll say Lampard is better.  wink

Re: Where Are The Lampard Critics? Gerrard Sucked Big Time Last Night! by dinozzo(m): 10:49am On Jun 07, 2007
the sun don't know a thing of what they're saying. Fat Lamps was nervous yesterday shaking all over the pitch. The fact is lamps and Gerrard aren't good together. One has to be dropped and its clearly fatsoe.
Re: Where Are The Lampard Critics? Gerrard Sucked Big Time Last Night! by Razorr(f): 10:54am On Jun 07, 2007
Dinnozzo or whatever your name is, did you say 'fat' Frank?  Listen up boy, officially, Gerrard is fatter than Lampard.  grin

I don't see any fat on his body in that picture.

Did you say he was nervous?  shocked  I'm sure you didn't watch the match I watched last night, because if you did, you would keep your mouth shut and go play with your toys, or better still, go play with yourself.

Nonsense!  angry
Re: Where Are The Lampard Critics? Gerrard Sucked Big Time Last Night! by chuckdee4(m): 10:56am On Jun 07, 2007
Razorr i'll have to agree with Ruddie that ur being very biased, i'm an Arsenal fan and whenever Liverpool or Chelsea come to the Emirates, i must admit i'm more scared of Gerrards impact than Lampard. If Lampard was a better player than Gerrard he would have dragged his better Chelsea side to Champions Leauge victory, Gerrad has done that and even made it to the finals this year with a weaker side. The fact that Gerrard can play in numerous positions says enough about the kind of player he is.

I watch England games and to be honest Lampard does not pull his weight as much as Gerrard does and he seems to be a better player for Chelsea  than he is for England (Even Gerrard but Lampard's worse). England never see the best of him thats why they keep on booing him. Don't get caught up in the hype the English pour on him, he can't play anywhere outside the English league, now thats no class player
Re: Where Are The Lampard Critics? Gerrard Sucked Big Time Last Night! by Razorr(f): 11:03am On Jun 07, 2007
Chuckdee, before I say anything, let me ask you a simple question. Between Salomaon Kalou and Adebayor, who is a better player?
Re: Where Are The Lampard Critics? Gerrard Sucked Big Time Last Night! by chuckdee4(m): 11:06am On Jun 07, 2007
Adebayor, cos he will cause more wahala to a defence even if he doesn't score, he may not be the best finisher but he'll do much more than Kalou
Re: Where Are The Lampard Critics? Gerrard Sucked Big Time Last Night! by dinozzo(m): 11:07am On Jun 07, 2007
I watched the match, i listened to post match analysis from reliable sources thats past english players and they generally concured to the fact that Lampard's contribution as a MIDFIELDER wasn't that good. Its clear for everyone to see except if you are obessed with him. Chelsea fans agree to this fact about lampard in the national team.
Re: Where Are The Lampard Critics? Gerrard Sucked Big Time Last Night! by Razorr(f): 11:11am On Jun 07, 2007
Dinozzo, Lampard's performance last night was a slap in the face of the English press, so naturally, they wouldn't want to admit that they were wrong. Every sensible person knows that the English soccer press is very shitty.

As for you Chuckyboy, that question was simply meant to test your level of objectivity in arguments and you failed woefully. So I'm not going to bother myself with engaging you in arguments as it won't lead anywhere. angry
Re: Where Are The Lampard Critics? Gerrard Sucked Big Time Last Night! by chuckdee4(m): 11:16am On Jun 07, 2007
Razorr:

As for you Chuckyboy, that question was simply meant to test your level of objectivity in arguments and you failed woefully. So I'm not going to bother myself with engaging you in arguments as it won't lead anywhere. angry

I can see u watch ur games on Chelsea TV and Lampard can do no wrong in ur eyes, Adebayor is currently a much better player than Kalou, if u feel different then u obviously don't know JACK about football. Every clown can see that Lampard does not gel well with the much better Gerrard, one half decent game against Estonia does not proove anything, explain other games where he's gone missing, where was he when Gerrard saved England's blushes with 2 goals in their last qualifier
Re: Where Are The Lampard Critics? Gerrard Sucked Big Time Last Night! by dinozzo(m): 11:18am On Jun 07, 2007
if you say he was good remember who they were playing yesterday, a team ranked below ethiopia in the fifa rankings. If you watched the game against brazil Gerrad was clearly more active than Lamps. I can't remember any noticeable contribution fat Lamps made in that game. I think Steve McClaren should reason and make the decision of dropping Lampard to give more mobility to Gerrard. Its going to happen sooner or later, trust me.
Re: Where Are The Lampard Critics? Gerrard Sucked Big Time Last Night! by Razorr(f): 11:22am On Jun 07, 2007
Chucky boy, you cannot judge a player by his performane in a few games or his current performance.

A brilliant player is a brilliant player and a few poor matches cannot take that away from him.

That's what I've been trying to drum into your skull.

Look at Kaka in the CL final. He almost seemed absent in that match, but he is still a dangerous player any day. It proves that players get tired. They have bad spells. But you shouldn't crucify them as a result of that.

As for Fifa rankings, please I no fit laugh, you are the same people that would turn around and yab fifa about those bloody rankings.

The same Estonia gave Croatia a tough time last week.

I no fit shout.
Re: Where Are The Lampard Critics? Gerrard Sucked Big Time Last Night! by RuuDie(m): 11:42am On Jun 07, 2007
But when a player is having a bad run of form & there are more than enough quality options to choose from (as in England's case), why not drop him 4 some1 else

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Bayern Munich Vs Borussia Dortmund (0 - 1) On Saturday 19th November 2011 / Chelsea Vs Fc Porto (1-0) Tuesday 15th September, 2009 / Europe Vs South America

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.