Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,756 members, 7,809,916 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:06 PM

Steven Gerrard And Frank Lampard Who Is Better At Their Respective Club? - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Steven Gerrard And Frank Lampard Who Is Better At Their Respective Club? (17293 Views)

Chelsea Fan Dies After Lampard's city equalizer. / Mikel Dusts Essien, Song, Gerrard And Scholes: / Xavi Vs Lampard Who's Better (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Steven Gerrard And Frank Lampard Who Is Better At Their Respective Club? by Efam: 2:18pm On Jan 06, 2010
Steven Gerard of Liverpool, according to a friend of mine is better than Frank Lampard of Chelsea. this raised a great arguement between both of us, so house feel free to send me your opinion,
Re: Steven Gerrard And Frank Lampard Who Is Better At Their Respective Club? by marutimon: 5:18pm On Jan 06, 2010
I believe Michael Essien would be the correct answer cheesy
Re: Steven Gerrard And Frank Lampard Who Is Better At Their Respective Club? by dominique(f): 11:14am On Jan 09, 2010
no comparison. . . Steven Gerrard is much better

1 Like

Re: Steven Gerrard And Frank Lampard Who Is Better At Their Respective Club? by ritchboy(m): 12:42pm On Jan 09, 2010
Frank Lampard is easily the most over rated player in the history of football.
Re: Steven Gerrard And Frank Lampard Who Is Better At Their Respective Club? by dyabman(m): 6:11pm On Jan 09, 2010
Haterz! cheesy
Re: Steven Gerrard And Frank Lampard Who Is Better At Their Respective Club? by dayokanu(m): 6:26pm On Jan 09, 2010
Frank Lampard is better because he broke the world record for most off target shots at the last world cup.

Took 36 shots 0 on target.
Re: Steven Gerrard And Frank Lampard Who Is Better At Their Respective Club? by nateevs(m): 6:36pm On Jan 09, 2010
Always preferred Stevie. . . Always.
Re: Steven Gerrard And Frank Lampard Who Is Better At Their Respective Club? by dyabman(m): 6:36pm On Jan 09, 2010
thats your choicy, angry

Afterall hes not a Pretender but a Contender cool
Re: Steven Gerrard And Frank Lampard Who Is Better At Their Respective Club? by dominique(f): 9:30pm On Jan 09, 2010
dayokanu:

Frank Lampard is better because he broke the world record for most off target shots at the last world cup.

Took 36 shots 0 on target.

0 shots on target. . . how does that make him better
Re: Steven Gerrard And Frank Lampard Who Is Better At Their Respective Club? by dayokanu(m): 11:10pm On Jan 09, 2010
Sarcasm
Re: Steven Gerrard And Frank Lampard Who Is Better At Their Respective Club? by tayoast(m): 11:37pm On Jan 09, 2010
Stevie Gee of course. He's d length & breadth of Liv'pool.

Chelski can always do w/out Lamps
Re: Steven Gerrard And Frank Lampard Who Is Better At Their Respective Club? by Ibime(m): 5:17pm On Jan 10, 2010
nateevs:

Always preferred Stevie. . . Always.

And you've always yarned nonsense. . . . . ALWAYS.

The only thing Gerrard has over Lampard is a burst of pace.

Is Gerrard even a midfielder?

No Xabi Alonso, no Liverpool. Gerrard cant even control his midfield. Eeediot!!!

When it comes to passing, assisting, scoring, ground covered, tackling, dictating the midfield etc. . . . Lampard >>>>>> Gerrard
Re: Steven Gerrard And Frank Lampard Who Is Better At Their Respective Club? by dayokanu(m): 5:26pm On Jan 10, 2010
Why idnt Fat Frank hit target in 34 attempts at the last Mundial.

34 shots, 0 on target.

Both are overrated but I still prefer Gerrard
Re: Steven Gerrard And Frank Lampard Who Is Better At Their Respective Club? by ritchboy(m): 6:18pm On Jan 10, 2010
Lampard cant even do anything Ibime listed except score. The most unforgivable of them being his inability to dictate play. A central/attacking midfielder who cant dictate play is a disgrace.
While Gerrard gets in the center of the action Lampard anonymously strolls round the field for 90 minutes waiting for his team-mates to win a penalty so he can score.
Re: Steven Gerrard And Frank Lampard Who Is Better At Their Respective Club? by dyabman(m): 6:22pm On Jan 10, 2010
Ibime:

No Xabi Alonso, no Liverpool. Gerrard cant even control his midfield. Eeediot!!!

When it comes to passing, assisting, scoring, ground covered, tackling, dictating the midfield etc. . . . Lampard >>>>>> Gerrard

I thought i was the only one that knowsbetter about being a Disciplined Mid-Fielder than a Joker. . .

Alonso, Xavi, Fabregas , Petrov , Sneidjer , should be compared to Lampard not Gerrard. .

Gerrard Mates are the Geovannies, Iniesta's, Cahill's and co. . . angry angry angry
Re: Steven Gerrard And Frank Lampard Who Is Better At Their Respective Club? by dyabman(m): 6:24pm On Jan 10, 2010
ritchboy:

Lampard cant even do anything Ibime listed except score. The most unforgivable of them being his inability to dictate play. A central/attacking midfielder who cant dictate play is a disgrace.
While Gerrard gets in the center of the action Lampard anonymously strolls round the field for 90 minutes waiting for his team-mates to win a penalty so he can score.

you are the biggest fool on earth.! Its confirmed by the Guinness book of world record
Re: Steven Gerrard And Frank Lampard Who Is Better At Their Respective Club? by dayokanu(m): 6:29pm On Jan 10, 2010
^^ You compared Gerrard to Iniesta and Iniesta is top 3 midfielder in the world right now.
Re: Steven Gerrard And Frank Lampard Who Is Better At Their Respective Club? by dyabman(m): 6:40pm On Jan 10, 2010
^^^^^^^^
Goodness me! its Iniesta regime , hes in good form, was saying they are both undisciplined central Mid-fielder's . . .
Re: Steven Gerrard And Frank Lampard Who Is Better At Their Respective Club? by ritchboy(m): 7:00pm On Jan 10, 2010
Dyabman
u are the perfect example of a world class mo.ron!!
Iniesta is the best midfielder on earth as we speak and you are putting him in the same class with Geovanni & Cahill?
What an id.iot!
Re: Steven Gerrard And Frank Lampard Who Is Better At Their Respective Club? by dyabman(m): 7:03pm On Jan 10, 2010
common sense . . . .you know. . . .
Re: Steven Gerrard And Frank Lampard Who Is Better At Their Respective Club? by nateevs(m): 8:34pm On Jan 10, 2010
Ibime:

Bros I am a Chelsea fan. . You cannot tell me what Lampard is not.
Dictating the midfield? Frankie? . . You have to be bleeding kidding me.

Frankie will cross the ball from a corner kick to the hands of the goalie . . time after after. Gerard understands how to curl a ball. Steve knows just how to swing the ball in or out from a corner.

Steve will skip past players . . one, two in a flash and Frank will only dream of that.

Frankie cannot head a freaking ball even if his life depended on it. . Stevie G is a perfect header of the ball from both sides.

Stevie's technique poo on frank any day. First time ball control makes Frank look like a cheap baller.

Steve's shot from range WITH BOTH FEET and perfectly most times is worthy of emulation for any young and upcoming footballer.  When Steve takes a half-volley from range, 90% of the time, he hits the target. Lamps hits the ball and 30% of the time, it's off target, 30% hits an opposing player, 30% deflects and the a tiny % scores. . . AND HE CAN ONLY DO THAT WITH HIS RIGHT FOOT.. . . Stevie takes shot with both feet . . ALWAYS!

Steve understands how to lift a team. Lamps can lift a team.

Steve's a massive free-kick taker. .Time after time he scores a free kick. and a mile off when it comes to set-piece taking. He understands just how to curl the ball. Lamps can only rely on a straight shot hoping for a deflection off the wall. . Lamps can never understand what it means to curl the ball over a wall.

Steve's understands how to play with space. His passing from range is second to none.

Gerard is super versatile - can play in midfield, on the left, on the right and as a support striker.

Lamps can only play on the left side of midfield and in a 4-3-3. Mono dimensional. . . (one of the massive problems of Chelsea) World class mid-fielders - just name it will all play in any given position in midfield. Gerard will play in a 4-3-3, 4-4-2, 4-5-1, diamond . . . just name it. because it takes skill to do that. Drop Lamps in anything apart from a 4-3-3 and everything grinds to a halt.

And you are telling me that Frank is this Frank is that. . . Abeg enough of the zobo. I am a massive massive Chelsea but I can't accept from anyone what Frankie is not. Frankie better than Stevie?. . . Bros stop smoking Moi-moi leaves.  grin grin
Re: Steven Gerrard And Frank Lampard Who Is Better At Their Respective Club? by Ibime(m): 11:27pm On Jan 10, 2010
nateevs:

Stevie's technique poo on frank any day. First time ball control makes Frank look like a cheap baller.

You chat pure rubbish. . Gerrard has first touch?. . . . which first touch?. . . . a player that cannot play in tight spaces is what you call first touch?. . . . Gerrard has ONLY EVER been effective on the counterattack due to pace. . . . he is not a midfielder.

How can you say Lamps does not control midfield. . . . I assure you that technically he is twice the player Gerrard is when it comes to playing in tight spaces and passing the ball. . . . 50% of Gerrards passes do not reach their target. . . . I hereby call on Sauron to come and explain this fact for you. . . .

Lemme let you into a little secret. . . . in the past 4 seasons, these 4 midfielders are always top of (a) no of passes and (b) accuracy of passes. . . . do not be surprised:

(1.) Denilson
(2.) Xabi Alonso
(3.) Fabregas
(4.) Lampard

Go and check the opta stats if you think I am lying. . . . Gerrard dictates midfield?. . . . no wonder Liverpool's midfield has been missing since Xabi Alonso left. . . . . MUGU!!!  tongue

nateevs:

Steve's shot from range WITH BOTH FEET and perfectly most times is worthy of emulation for any young and upcoming footballer.  When Steve takes a half-volley from range, 90% of the time, he hits the target. Lamps hits the ball and 30% of the time, it's off target, 30% hits an opposing player, 30% deflects and the a tiny % scores. . . AND HE CAN ONLY DO THAT WITH HIS RIGHT FOOT.. . . Stevie takes shot with both feet . . ALWAYS!

Yada yada yada. . . .Essien, Nenad Milijas, Zoltan Gera and Matthew Taylor can also shoot better than Lampard but they will never outscore Lampard in their life. . . . you are missing two key ingredients: (a.) Composure in the box and (b.) off the ball running. . . . .  despite Gerrards better shooting, Lamps is copping 20 goals and 20 assists per season whilst Gerrard is copping 15 goals and 10 assists. . . . with the exception of last season when Gerrard copped 23 goals playing as a striker. . . . and even then, his assists are nowhere near Lampards.

[size=14pt]Fa, Fa, Fa, Foul!!![/size]
Re: Steven Gerrard And Frank Lampard Who Is Better At Their Respective Club? by Ibime(m): 11:36pm On Jan 10, 2010
Quote from youtube:

The Observer newspaper voted Gerrard their man of the match for yesterday's England v Estonia game. I heard somebody call them blind and thought I'd rewatch the game and prove the newspaper right with Gerrard's highlights from the game.

[flash=425,344]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYHggzKlAi4&hl=en_GB&fs=1&[/flash]
Re: Steven Gerrard And Frank Lampard Who Is Better At Their Respective Club? by Ibime(m): 11:45pm On Jan 10, 2010
http://www.espnstar.com/football/premier-league/news/detail/item370371/Lampard-is-Player-of-the-Decade/

[center][size=14pt]Lampard is Player of the Decade[/size][/center]

Chelsea dynamo Frank Lampard has been revealed as the Barclays Premier League's Player of the Decade.

The England international was handed the honour by facts and figures giant Opta who studied every English top-flight game since January 1, 2000.

After crunching the stats, Opta declared that Lampard has the most games and the most wins to his name, the 31-year-old also has the second-most number of assists and the fourth-highest goalscoring record.

Lampard beat Liverpool defender Jamie Carragher to the most appearances record, finishing five games ahead of his Scouse rival thanks to the 346 matches - 210 of which were wins - he has featured in.

The former West Ham favourite finished second on 76 to Manchester United legend Ryan Giggs in the assists stakes, and fourth after Thierry Henry in the goalscoring charts. The Frenchman bagged 169 goals for Arsenal.

Current Roma boss Claudio Ranieri, who signed Lampard from the Hammers for £11million in June 2001, is far from surprised with the results.

"This news fills me with a great satisfaction and pride because Frank Lampard is totally unique," Ranieri told The Sun.

"He is a complete player and so professional. It doesn't surprise me that he is the best statistically, ahead of other players you might consider to be even bigger stars.

"I'll tell you something. In my view Frank Lampard is a genuine 'Pallone d'oro' - which means he should be a European Footballer of the Year. He really is that good.

"He is up there with Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo in terms of quality - he is just a different type of player.

"He does difficult things but he makes them look simple and that is why some people think he is less spectacular.

"But I am glad the statistics have shown what a great player Lampard is. They show just how influential he is.

"Lampard has such a strong mentality and that probably shines through too. Only the other day he had to take a penalty three times but he still scored. That tells you how cool he is under pressure, how focused.

"Frank makes a difference to any game he is in. Sometimes it is obvious, sometimes it is less obvious. But he is so often the key to a victory.

"That's why I am really glad that he has been recognised in some way as the player of the decade in England."
Re: Steven Gerrard And Frank Lampard Who Is Better At Their Respective Club? by Ibime(m): 11:51pm On Jan 10, 2010
Ibime:

"He does difficult things but he makes them look simple and that is why some people think he is less spectacular.

Sometimes it is obvious, sometimes it is less obvious. But he is so often the key to a victory.

The above is what one eyed men like Nateevs can never grasp. . . . their football intelligence quotient is in single digits. . . .

So Lampard does not control the midfield?

Here are the opta stats from last season:

Premier League Assists:

Lampard - 10
Gerrard - 9
Fabregas - 8
Barry - 7
Alonso - 6

This is only EPL. In all games, Lamps copped 20 assists, a phenomenal return, despite playing even deeper than Gerrard.

Total Passes:

Alonso - 2,578
Lampard - 2,560
Gerrard - 1,930
Barry - 1,808
Fabregas - 1,788

NB: Fabregas missed 2 months of the season otherwise he would be higher up. Ditto Denilson.

Notice the large drop-off from Lampard and Alonso to the rest of the contenders.

Some idiots thing Lamps doesnt pass the ball because he doesnt take his time to caress the ball before laying off the pass. This is a common misconception. Lamps first touch is usually a pass.

Key Passes:

Lampard - 124
Gerrard - 80
Fabregas - 63
Alonso - 62
Barry - 60

Lampard outperforms Gerrard on key passes by 50%!!!

This is a tribute to (a.) his composure in the box to pick the right pass (b.) his stamina to always get himself in position to give key passes.

God blessed Gerrard with pace, and Lamps is still outperforming him in all key areas where his pace should give him a distinct advantage? Shame on Gerrard!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1190455/Barry-bonanza-City-man-130k-week-Tevez-next.html

Yeah I agree. . . . Lampard does not control his midfield. . . . . fa, fa, fa, foul!!!

Nateevs should be stripped of his Chelsea badge. . . . one-eyed bat!  tongue
Re: Steven Gerrard And Frank Lampard Who Is Better At Their Respective Club? by nateevs(m): 12:31am On Jan 11, 2010
This is just pages and pages of bullsh+it and numbers. . You are not telling me anything except number. You are not telling me anything I don't already know about Lamps.

He scores goals and makes many passes. Why don't you fetch out out the number of appearances to pass ratio. That will probably do justice. Lamps will naturally have a greater number of passes because he hardly misses games.

That said, you have not told me anything we all don't know about Lamps. Lamps is more prominent than Steve only because Chelsea in recent years has been more glamorous than Liverpool. . nothing more. . AND BECOS HE PLAYS IN EVERY GAME.

Sometimes it is obvious, sometimes it is less obvious. But he is so often the key to a victory.

This is the hallmark of your pages of points? This is at best empty. Why don't you do us a favour by telling us what exactly it is he does. Please say it. I have given you highlights of what Steve is and what Frank is not and I am going to repost my points just so you can see. My points make more sense than your littany of bullsh.it. It's empty.
Re: Steven Gerrard And Frank Lampard Who Is Better At Their Respective Club? by nateevs(m): 12:32am On Jan 11, 2010
Points re-posted. Until you can counter this points. You are making less and less sense.

Frankie will cross the ball from a corner kick to the hands of the goalie . . time after after. Gerard understands how to curl a ball. Steve knows just how to swing the ball in or out from a corner.

Steve will skip past players . . one, two in a flash and Frank will only dream of that.

Frankie cannot head a freaking ball even if his life depended on it. . Stevie G is a perfect header of the ball from both sides.

Steve's shot from range WITH BOTH FEET and perfectly most times is worthy of emulation for any young and upcoming footballer.  When Steve takes a half-volley from range, 90% of the time, he hits the target. Lamps hits the ball and 30% of the time, it's off target, 30% hits an opposing player, 30% deflects and the a tiny % scores. . . AND HE CAN ONLY DO THAT WITH HIS RIGHT FOOT,  . . Stevie takes shot with both feet . . ALWAYS!

Steve understands how to lift a team. Lamps can't lift a team.

Steve's a massive free-kick taker. .Time after time he scores a free kick. and a mile off when it comes to set-piece taking. He understands just how to curl the ball. Lamps can only rely on a straight shot hoping for a deflection off the wall. . Lamps can never understand what it means to curl the ball over a wall.

Steve understands how to play with space. His passing from range is second to none.

Gerard is super versatile - can play in midfield, on the left, on the right and as a support striker.

Lamps can only play on the left side of midfield and in a 4-3-3. Mono dimensional. . . (one of the massive problems of Chelsea) World class mid-fielders - just name it will all play in any given position in midfield. Gerard will play in a 4-3-3, 4-4-2, 4-5-1, diamond . . . just name it. because it takes skill to do that. Drop Lamps in anything apart from a 4-3-3 and everything grinds to a halt.

And you are telling me that Frank is this Frank is that. . . Abeg enough of the zobo. I am a massive massive Chelsea but I can't accept from anyone what Frankie is not. Frankie better than Stevie?. . . You are really having a laugh.
Re: Steven Gerrard And Frank Lampard Who Is Better At Their Respective Club? by Ibime(m): 6:17am On Jan 11, 2010
nateevs:

This is just pages and pages of bullsh+it and numbers. . You are not telling me anything except number.

He scores goals and makes many passes. Lamps will naturally have a greater number of passes because he hardly misses games.

These are not baseless facts. . . . if a blind man claims that Lamps does not control his midfield, I must show that blind man that Lamps has the highest no of passes, the most key passes, and the best pass completion ratio etc.

Which part of not "dominating the midfield" is that?

JM, Ranieri, Grant and GH have said that Lamps is the best box-to-box midfielder in the world, and you are here yarning nonsense.

I know your problem. . . . the presence of Lamps ensures that you will never have your inneffective ninny playmaker at Chelsea. .  . if you dont like it, go jump off a cliff!  tongue

nateevs:

That said, you have not told me anything we all don't know about Lamps. Lamps is more prominent than Steve only because Chelsea in recent years has been more glamorous than Liverpool. . nothing more. . AND BECOS HE PLAYS IN EVERY GAME.

How many games did Stevie G miss last season?

Is it because he plays for Liverpool that Xabi Alonso also shits on Gerrard in passing statistics? That Liverpool excuse holds no water. . .

Ewu, these stats are from last season. . . . please tell me which team performed better last season. . . . Liverpool or Chelsea?

As for passes per minute, I would have you know that Lamps had the third best no of passes per minute for 07/08 behind Cesc and Alonso. . . . and the second highest pass accuracy behind Denilson. . . . I would let you fish those statistics out yourself!

Im coming back to address your points in a minute.
Re: Steven Gerrard And Frank Lampard Who Is Better At Their Respective Club? by Ibime(m): 6:59am On Jan 11, 2010
nateevs:

Does that make Stevie G a better central midfielder? How many goals have Chelsea scored from corners in recent years and how many goals have Liverpool scored from corners. . . get back to me on that!

nateevs:

Only on the counterattack. Even SWP will skip past 2 players in a flash. . . . not cos of skill, but cos of pace!

Put the ball in a tight space and Gerrard will lose it whilst Lampard will emerge with it. This is the true test of a central midfielder.

nateevs:

Point taken. Xavi can also not head a ball. I guess Gerrard > Xavi. Ewu!  tongue

nateevs:

I have totally debunked this senseless point already. Lamps first touch is ten times better than Gerrards. Check the video I posted for classic examples of Gerrard's wonderful first touch.

nateevs:

Steve's shot from range WITH BOTH FEET and perfectly most times is worthy of emulation for any young and upcoming footballer.  When Steve takes a half-volley from range, 90% of the time, he hits the target. Lamps hits the ball and 30% of the time, it's off target, 30% hits an opposing player, 30% deflects and the a tiny % scores. . . AND HE CAN ONLY DO THAT WITH HIS RIGHT FOOT,  . . Stevie takes shot with both feet . . ALWAYS!

There are many midfielders who can shoot better than Lamps. . . . Essien, Milijas, Gera, Matthew Taylor etc. . . .but no midfielders who can outscore Lamps. . . Gerrard does not have the composure of finish that Lampard has, neither does he run off the ball as well as Lamps, thats why Lamps has a better goal record.

nateevs:

Steve understands how to lift a team. Lamps can't lift a team. !

I can see that he is really lifting them right now. . . .

This is a real let down on your part. . . . please quit the Roy of the Rovers hype that the English press feed you. . . . I guess you are still living in the Gerrard-mania of 2005. . . .

Where were you when Lamps lifted Chelsea back into the CL in 08 and won the FA Cup for Chelsea last season, as well as countless other matches. . . . I guess you would come back to tell me that Gerrards contribution is spiritual. . . . mugu!

nateevs:

Point taken about Lamps straight freekicks. . . . but how many freekicks does Gerrard score every season  shocked. . . . stop speaking in hyperbole my friend.

nateevs:

Steve understands how to play with space. His passing from range is second to none. .

Stevie does not understand how to play with spaces. His passing in tight spaces is dreadful!

Lamps passing in tight spaces is good and his long-range passing is also good.

nateevs:

Lamps can only play on the left side of midfield and in a 4-3-3. Mono dimensional. . . (one of the massive problems of Chelsea) World class mid-fielders - just name it will all play in any given position in midfield. Gerard will play in a 4-3-3, 4-4-2, 4-5-1, diamond . . . just name it. because it takes skill to do that. Drop Lamps in anything apart from a 4-3-3 and everything grinds to a halt. .

Xavi can only play at CM. I guess Gerrard > Xavi.

Gerrard can play all these positions. . . but he cannot play central midfield!. . . . who was the last coach to ever trust Gerrard in a central midfield position regularly. . . . Gerrard Houllier!. . . not Benitez, not Eriksson, not McLaren and not Capello!

Gerrard cant play central midfield cos he runs like a headless chicken and cannot press the opposition as part of a team. He does his own thing ALL THE TIME, thats why coaches always seek to give him positions with less tactcal responsibility.

For England, Rooney shares the left wing with Gerrard. Whenever Gerrard burst forward, Rooney is detailed to plug the left wing. This is another way to ease Gerrards tactical responsibility.

For Liverpool, he has no tactical responsibility at all!

His deployment to the wings or a free role is simply cos he can NEVER be trusted to stick to his position.

And BTW, he plays on the wings not cos he is skillful like Krancjar, Modric, Iniesta etc. . . . but cos he has pace!

Soon as Gerrard's pace goes, he is finished. Even you cannot deny this. On the other hand, Lampard will play at a high level until he is 35.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After all is said and done, I would like you to be objective and admit that by any statistics that define a central midfielder, Lampard is head and shoulders above Gerrard.

In all these questions, you have never asked about the primary role of a midfielder. . . who is the better passer, creator, scorer, and who is better tactically (defensively)?. . . who has more blocks and wins more tackles, and who covers more ground?. . . . the statistics should tell you all you need to know.

Dont worry. . . . keep coming with your subjective opinions about first touch, shooting etc. . . .subjective opinions that dont translate into results. . . . I will keep hitting you with hard facts and figures. . . . next time, I will give you both Lampard and Gerrard's defensive stats from last season. . . . that one is not even a contest.
Re: Steven Gerrard And Frank Lampard Who Is Better At Their Respective Club? by Sauron1: 1:43pm On Jan 11, 2010
nateevs:

This is the hallmark of your pages of points? This is at best empty. Why don't you do us a favour by telling us what exactly it is he does. Please say it. I have given you highlights of what Steve is and what Frank is not and I am going to repost my points just so you can see. My points make more sense than your littany of bullsh.it. It's empty.

Gerrard is not even a midfielder. . . . . .He is now a 2nd striker.
Comparing Gerrard to Lampard is like comparing Rooney to Lampard. . . . . .

Gerrard's positional discipline is atrocious.
In a 2-man midfield, Carrick and Fletcher are better than Gerrard. He is the main reason Liverpool have not won the Premiership.

Lampard shytes on Gerrard everyday of the week.

Ibime:

Lemme let you into a little secret. . . . in the past 4 seasons, these 4 midfielders are always top of (a) no of passes and (b) accuracy of passes. . . . do not be surprised:

(1.) Denilson
(2.) Xabi Alonso
(3.) Fabregas
(4.) Lampard

This actually proves Ibime is not only a blind observer but a charlatan when it comes to analysing English football.
Paul Scholes defecates on the names above in the no of passes/accuracy of passes PER minute played in the Premiership.
Who is Cesc, Denilson or Lampard compared to the Ginger-man?
Re: Steven Gerrard And Frank Lampard Who Is Better At Their Respective Club? by ritchboy(m): 7:29pm On Jan 11, 2010
Sauron
Lampard in a flat 4-4-2 is 10 times worse than Gerrard. Lampard needs AT LEAST two other CM's by his side to mask his inadequacies.
Gerrard is a far better passer of the ball than Lampard. He attempts more killer balls than Lampard, who only picks out passes Stevie Wonder could make, which is why Lampard has better passing stats.
As a matter of fact, the only thing Lampard has on his side is stats, which are EXTREMELY DECEPTIVE!
The same kind of stats that rank Denilson among the 5 best players in the EPL. . . The same kind of stats that rank Henry the best player in the world. This isnt basketball, in soccer, stats go out the window.

P.S. i have watched Lampard play 499 games and he's FAILED to dictate play in 500 of them.
Re: Steven Gerrard And Frank Lampard Who Is Better At Their Respective Club? by edoyad(m): 7:56pm On Jan 11, 2010
The day lampard rescues his team twice in a FA cup final, wake me from my beauty sleep.
The day Lampard doubles as a right back and mid fielder to rescue his team from 3-0 deficit to AC Milan in a UCL final, wake me up from my Gerardic slumber.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Arsenal Vs Swansea (3 - 2) On 15th October 2016 / Arsenal Vs Standard Liege : Europa League (4 - 0) On 3rd October 2019 / Chelsea Vs Stoke (5. - 0) On 30th December 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.