Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,192 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:17 AM

Nollywood Stars Who Can Make It In Hollywood - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Nollywood Stars Who Can Make It In Hollywood (28827 Views)

Top 15 Nollywood Stars Who Have Passed Away In Recent Years / Gay Content In Hollywood Movies And Its Effect On Nigeria / Movie Stars Who Died During Production (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nollywood Stars Who Can Make It In Hollywood by candylips(m): 8:53pm On Jun 03, 2007
why do we always wanna be like americans
Re: Nollywood Stars Who Can Make It In Hollywood by Echidime(m): 9:51am On Jun 09, 2007
Where is Kanayo O.Kanayo,Clem Ohameze,Tony Umeh,Charles Okafor,Or abi una no like BLOOD MONEY? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin Or doesn't Hollywood produce Ritual firlms too
Re: Nollywood Stars Who Can Make It In Hollywood by denex: 9:13pm On Jun 09, 2007
The only 2 actors that can make it from the Nigerian homevideo industry to Hollywood are aki & pawpaw. That is if they can go there and play roles only as children and also declare football age of 9 years.
Re: Nollywood Stars Who Can Make It In Hollywood by candylips(m): 10:53am On Jun 10, 2007
denex:

The only 2 actors that can make it from the Nigerian homevideo industry to Hollywood are aki & pawpaw. That is if they can go there and play roles only as children and also declare football age of 9 years.

what a joke
Re: Nollywood Stars Who Can Make It In Hollywood by queen2(f): 7:50pm On Jun 11, 2007
Lol denex, for real? shocked
Re: Nollywood Stars Who Can Make It In Hollywood by denex: 10:08pm On Jun 11, 2007
@queen2 & candylips

I kid you gals not!
Re: Nollywood Stars Who Can Make It In Hollywood by Lexyhearts(f): 2:33pm On Jun 14, 2007
have you all forgot ,

EMEKA IKE smiley

CHIOMA CHIKUKWA shocked
JIM IYKE cheesy
PAT ATTAH kiss
OGE OKOYE
BOB MANUEL shocked
Re: Nollywood Stars Who Can Make It In Hollywood by lepa4real(f): 5:46pm On Mar 28, 2008
moondust, how would u say none of them qualifies, is it not script they'll give them?you guys are even over rating this nollywood.we have actors that can fit into nollywood and they include OMOTOLA(because she is my no one female actress), STELLA DAMASUS(stop calling her Damascus), GENEVIEVE, BIMBO AKINTOLA, OLU JACOB, JIM IYKE(even the name sounds hollywood), KATE HENSHAW, and lots of them. Let us elevate our people, they can represent us anywhere
Re: Nollywood Stars Who Can Make It In Hollywood by Nobody: 3:15pm On Aug 23, 2008
I laugh that somebody mentioned that Ini Edo should be in the list of Naija actors who can make it in Hollywood. I can't even stop laughing at the whole idea. First of all, Hollywood has a certain look (so to speak) which few Nigerian actors/actresses can pull. Hollywood is not for low standard performance.

- Genny is pretty. But for Hollywood? Nollywood has done her justice.

- Ini Edo? Did somebody say Ini Edo? Don't make me laugh. This girl is too local, no class at all and lacks maturity. She is babish.

- Ramsey can fit in perfectly.

- Pat Attah (and Ramsey) are perhaps the only Nigerian actors that can freely mingle with Hollywood actors in my opinion. Pat Attah has class and attitude. He is also very good-looking.

- Dakore is Hollywood material, no doubt. She can act well, she is sexy and has class. She does not look like a market woman like Ini.

- Bob Manuel and Bimbo Akintola have standard accents. Not pidgin-laden like the rest of them. But for Hollywood? Really? No! No offence.

- Omotola is a queen, but I don't know about Hollywood. Nollywood has done her a lot of justice.
Re: Nollywood Stars Who Can Make It In Hollywood by MadMax1(f): 6:10pm On Jan 07, 2009
Ramsey can fit in perfectly where? Make e go siddon. Joke Sylva and Taiwo Ajai Lycett. Olu Jacobs is overrated. Omotola is pretty but Kate Henshaw is a better actress.

Good Girl:

- Bob Manuel and Bimbo Akintola have good accents. Not pidgin-laden like the rest of them. But for Hollywood? Really? No! No offence.

Wetin do Nigerian accent o? You think you need one in Hollywood,maybe? That's a thought. No wonder Scorcese and Spielberg and Fincher are running after Hanks Anuku and Jim Lyke to star in their movies.They gotta have them some fake Nimericans. No wonder Schwazennegger,Agbaje,Cruz and Hayek couldn't make it in Hollywood, with their atrocious local accents.

American filmmakers wouldn't be using other Americans to portray Africans,like Cheadle in Hotel Rwanda, if there was a talented local pool they could draw from. Nollywood actors belong in Nollywood ah beg. That's why they're still in Nollywood. Most of them cant act to save their lives. tongue
Re: Nollywood Stars Who Can Make It In Hollywood by candylips(m): 9:22am On Apr 21, 2009
Bottom line is that most of the actors/actresses in Nollywood are just not good enough.
Re: Nollywood Stars Who Can Make It In Hollywood by kuwazy(m): 4:51pm On May 26, 2009
I have seen so many nigerian actors and actress performance in the nollywood production and i love it. So you forks should give them your support and will your supprt they can make it to there. my name is emmanuel or [dj kuwazy]. Send me your reply at eukuwazy@gmail.com, dj.kuwazy@yahoo.com, dj.kuwazy@live.com. THANKS
Re: Nollywood Stars Who Can Make It In Hollywood by flexystar(f): 8:29pm On Jun 14, 2009
abeg q2 where u place my Ini Edo & Omosexy cry
what about Justin Isiri

D PERSON WEY FOR FIT HOLLYWOOD NA MR. IBU (JOHN OKAFOR) grin grin

and dis other guy GENTLE JACK
How far for d two actors I have selected wink
Re: Nollywood Stars Who Can Make It In Hollywood by MrCrackles(m): 8:30pm On Jun 14, 2009
To be honest and frank, NONE!

They are all fucking rubbish angry

And Nollywood should stop using the name, they should change it to NOLLY-TRASH or NOLLY-PLONKERS!
Re: Nollywood Stars Who Can Make It In Hollywood by Thirdborn: 12:19am On Jun 19, 2009
Am i dreaming? i can't believe there are Nigerians that will watch Hollywood movies, watch Nollywood movies, then begin to imagine that anybody in Nollywood, with the fake accents, bad acting, unconvincing portrayals can bag them spots in Hollywood movies.

Did you people ever wonder why Bollywood actors were used in films like Slum dog millionaire, Bride and prejudice, Mistress of the spices, etc. Chinese actors are used in American kung fu movies, South Africans used in movies based on South Africa, Rwandans used in Hotel Rwanda (and a slew of South African TV stars) but they never use nollywood actors when it comes to stories that remotely concern Nigeria?

The answer is they don't respect nollywood actors because nollywood cannot be compared with other movie industries of the world (India, America, China/Hong Kong. France, Germany, Australia, Egypt, South africa, etc.

When many Nigerians brag that we are 3rd or 2nd largest in the world, it is only in terms of the number of films we produce, not the size or power. So let's groom our people and start litle befroe we get carried away and start talking nonsense. Can you ever imagine a scene in any movie with Denzel Washington and RMD, i know you can't.
Re: Nollywood Stars Who Can Make It In Hollywood by Omolola1(f): 6:52pm On Jun 19, 2009
helooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo,

where is omotola and stella's name, they should be on that list.
Re: Nollywood Stars Who Can Make It In Hollywood by yoruba: 2:39pm On Jun 30, 2009
I wonder if u all seen south african movies compared to Nollywood?
SA has international award winning movies and one of them won an oscar in 2006 called Tsotsi. There actors earn more than 100 Nollywood movies.
Re: Nollywood Stars Who Can Make It In Hollywood by candylips(m): 9:36am On Jul 01, 2009
The director of that movie is british so it is not entirely south african
Re: Nollywood Stars Who Can Make It In Hollywood by yoruba: 10:48am On Jul 01, 2009
I have a problem with people talking random crap. The director of the Movie is Gavin Hood. He is born and bred in SA (Johannesburg) and was educated at St. Stithians College (where he was elected Head Prefect in 1980) and the University of the Witwatersrand. He first came to the South African public's attention when he starred in the SABC TV production The Game, a drama series focusing on the game of rugby union. Hood got his start at directing when he was commissioned to make several short educational dramas for the South African Department of Health. He directed his first commercial short film, The Storekeeper, in 1998. He is the director of the 20th Century Fox film X-Men Origins: Wolverine, released May 1, 2009. There is nothing british in him, go look up further information on him and stop claiming he is british.
Re: Nollywood Stars Who Can Make It In Hollywood by candylips(m): 1:24pm On Jul 01, 2009
you don't have to be abusive. Make your point and shut the f*ck up
Re: Nollywood Stars Who Can Make It In Hollywood by yoruba: 1:31pm On Jul 01, 2009
my point is the movie Tsotsi is entirely SA, nothing british was in it
Re: Nollywood Stars Who Can Make It In Hollywood by candylips(m): 1:52pm On Jul 01, 2009
Noted but dont result to abuse when you try to make a point
Re: Nollywood Stars Who Can Make It In Hollywood by yoruba: 1:56pm On Jul 01, 2009
I wasnt abusing I was jus emphasizing a particular point.
Re: Nollywood Stars Who Can Make It In Hollywood by Nobody: 2:02pm On Jul 01, 2009
90% of them can't make it to Hollywood. It's either they lack the skills or the looks.

Genevieve can fit into Hollywood because she is slim and talented. Omotola can too because she is talented but she'll have to drop some pounds.

Ini Edo: she is stereotyped. Her lips licking and eye rolling. She is always the same in every character she plays and sorry she hasn't got the looks.

Dakore: she can make it, but I have problems with her facial expressions. Not too convincing.

Those naming veterans like the Jacops, they are old. Let the young one try.
Re: Nollywood Stars Who Can Make It In Hollywood by yoruba: 2:20pm On Jul 01, 2009
By the way, Charlize Theron is the first African to win an Oscar, try to compare her with the actors you mentioned.
Re: Nollywood Stars Who Can Make It In Hollywood by Nobody: 2:22pm On Jul 01, 2009
yoruba:

By the way, Charlize Theron is the first African to win an Oscar, try to compare her with the actors you mentioned.

They don't regard Theron as an African. She is a white woman by all standards!
Re: Nollywood Stars Who Can Make It In Hollywood by yoruba: 2:27pm On Jul 01, 2009
They do, she is an Afrikaaner(Afrikaaners dont associate themselves as europeans but rather as an african tribe hence the name Afrikaans)
Re: Nollywood Stars Who Can Make It In Hollywood by Nobody: 2:38pm On Jul 01, 2009
yoruba:

They do, she is an Afrikaaner(Afrikaaners dont associate themselves as europeans but rather as an african tribe hence the name Afrikaans)

I mean Africans don't consider her to be one of them. She is a white woman and remain so!
Re: Nollywood Stars Who Can Make It In Hollywood by yoruba: 2:39pm On Jul 01, 2009
Charlize Theron is born and bred in South Africa(she is now return to act in local soapie Isidingo), so shall I say it again, try to compare her with your mentioned actors.
Re: Nollywood Stars Who Can Make It In Hollywood by yoruba: 2:44pm On Jul 01, 2009
michelin89:

I mean Africans don't consider her to be one of them. She is a white woman and remain so!
I suggest that you should stop being racist and understand that africa has alot of races. That fact anything that is non-black seems to be non-african to your opinion is just riduclous.
Re: Nollywood Stars Who Can Make It In Hollywood by Nobody: 2:46pm On Jul 01, 2009
yoruba:

I suggest that you should stop being racist and understand that africa has alot of races. That fact anything that is non-black seems to be non-african to your opinion is just riduclous.

I'll give you a link so you can see for yourself. Racist ko, tribalist ni.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-280769.32.html

Read attentively! grin
Re: Nollywood Stars Who Can Make It In Hollywood by yoruba: 3:01pm On Jul 01, 2009
So whats your point?
She is currently in SA(acting in Isidingo as mentioned), she has citizenship in SA, her parents and great grand parents were born in SA, she has roots in SA, her culture is SA(afrikaaner which literally means african tribe) what more do want?
You can go ask her herself whether she is african or perhaps ask a white South African whether he/she is african?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Angel Evicted From The Big Brother Main House (Fake) / Brighto To Kiddwaya: Neo Is A Pretender, He Lies A Lot / Groovy And Phyna Settle Their Fight With A Passionate Kiss Inside The Pool

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.