Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,490 members, 7,819,784 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:15 PM

Nollywood Stars Who Can Make It In Hollywood - TV/Movies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Nollywood Stars Who Can Make It In Hollywood (28838 Views)

Top 15 Nollywood Stars Who Have Passed Away In Recent Years / Gay Content In Hollywood Movies And Its Effect On Nigeria / Movie Stars Who Died During Production (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nollywood Stars Who Can Make It In Hollywood by Nobody: 3:04pm On Jul 01, 2009
yoruba:

So whats your point?
She is currently in SA(acting in Isidingo as mentioned), she has citizenship in SA, her parents and great grand parents were born in SA, she has roots in SA, her culture is SA(afrikaaner which literally means african tribe) what more do want?
You can go ask her herself whether she is african or perhaps ask a white South African whether he/she is african?

You are boring!
Re: Nollywood Stars Who Can Make It In Hollywood by yoruba: 3:07pm On Jul 01, 2009
I ask you again, compare her with your mentioned actors.
Re: Nollywood Stars Who Can Make It In Hollywood by Nobody: 3:10pm On Jul 01, 2009
Let me break the sad reality to you.

The site made a chart of the most beautiful women in Africa and included Charlize Theron

Top 10 African Beautiful women by this website http://entertainmentdock..com/2009/06/photo-vision-of-top-ten-african-beauty.html what do you guys think?

1.Charlize Theron

2. Agbani Darego

3. Tiguda

4. Rhian Benson

5. Honorine Uwera

6. Miriam Chemmoss

7.Thandie Newton

8. Alek Wek

9. Genevieve Nnaji

10. Iman- Somalia- pioneering African model.

Immediately Posts like this start to flow.

All this skinny women!!!!! Why!
African women are big, black and beautiful!
[size=15pt]And why is a white woman the most beautiful in africa[/size]?!  Huh Huh Huh
Abeg put my mama picture with immediate alacrity! Grin

Should Charlize Theron be qualified as a "black" woman? Huh

charlize Theron my ass,

What the heck is a white south african doing in the list. She already has priviledges in the Western World that a black women does not have access to.

Including Charlize theron is almost like including an Egyptian Arab or Sudanese Arab in the list.

Even the attempt by a member to prove Charlize was African was immediately attacked.

Just realised my mistake. The thread says "Top 10 African Beautiful Women" not "Top 10 Black Women".

My bad.

Here is the response.
@spiky u did not make a mistake,

It is a misnormer to call an Arab an African just as it is misnormer to call  a Caucasian an African.

Cus Charlize Theron was born a South African does not make her an African by Heritage.

If it looks white
If it sounds white
If it smells white
then it must be white.

There were those who still claimed she was African. Even me in the second quote.

This  is what is wrong with Africa. We don't claim what is ours. The entire french squad that won the world cup traced there orgin to africa and you don't see the french complaining.

Stop hating. Charlize Theron is an African woman just like we also have our own share of white Nigerians.

You are all bunch of racists.  Angry Angry

Etc, This is to tell you that Charlize is regarded as a white woman and there is no way you'll convince an African that she is like him.
Re: Nollywood Stars Who Can Make It In Hollywood by JJYOU: 3:15pm On Jul 01, 2009
And why is a white woman the most beautiful in africa?! Huh Huh Huh
Abeg put my mama picture with immediate alacrity! Grin

even if they had bisola from ayetoro there some of you would still complain about her tribe. so you are a racist and tribalist. i dont know who told you only blacks are africans.

are idi amin, mobutu, mugabe, OBJ, abacha and ibb not black will you call them africans?
Re: Nollywood Stars Who Can Make It In Hollywood by Nobody: 3:16pm On Jul 01, 2009
JJYOU:

even if they had bisola from ayetoro there some of you would still complain about her tribe. so you are a racist and tribalist. i dont know who told you only blacks are africans.

are idi amin, mobutu, mugabe, OBJ, abacha and ibb not black will you call them africans?

Those quotes were taken from this thread.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-280769.32.html
Re: Nollywood Stars Who Can Make It In Hollywood by yoruba: 3:20pm On Jul 01, 2009
@michelin89
She is white. An african white. If I am born and bred in a particular african country what am I then?
Black/White is a name to a race, Africa is a place, African is person from a particular place in africa. Clearly you dont know how to describe names or you just racist.
Re: Nollywood Stars Who Can Make It In Hollywood by Nobody: 3:25pm On Jul 01, 2009
yoruba:

@michelin89
She is white. An african white. If I am born and bred in a particular african country what am I then?
Black/White is a name to a race, Africa is a place, African is person from a particular place in africa. Clearly you dont know how to describe names or you just racist.

Are you daft or what? Can't you read? Gosh, find someone else to argue with you. I am done!
Re: Nollywood Stars Who Can Make It In Hollywood by MrCrackles(m): 3:39pm On Jul 01, 2009
To be frank, None of them!
They all are collectively crap, inept and painfully worthless. . . . . . . cool
Re: Nollywood Stars Who Can Make It In Hollywood by yoruba: 6:59am On Jul 02, 2009
@michelin89
I think we should remain back to the topic at hand Nollywood Stars Who Can Make It In Hollywood if you dont have anything to say then shut the f4ck up idiot
Re: Nollywood Stars Who Can Make It In Hollywood by naliakar: 12:51pm On Jul 06, 2009
Michelin should be told that if we are to go with color as the definition of African, then the entire region north of Sahel cannot qualify as African. Lots of Arabic lineage and culture. Zimbabwe, SA and Kenya have considerable white populations that have identificationally accepted those country's citizenship. Why shouldn't we call them Africans. You have to be bigoted to dismiss Theron as not African. Are Ethiopians of Amharic or Oromo or Somali descent Africans with clearly different tan and physical features. Stop being foolish, Africa is as multiracial and multicultural as they come.

Back to topic, Nollywood has done great and I can vouch for the popularity of these home videos in most African countries. Some of the actors and actresses from Nollywood are household names in many cities. But give it to the Nigerians,they are good at overexploiting things. Nollywod has lately gone for the overkill with jumbled plots, Plagiarized (from Hollywood) story lines, highschool drama type acting etc resulting in what you might call overexposure of the actors. In quantity they deserve our recognition, but in quality, Nollywood s sinking down fast. Here is the deal, Plan fewer productions of wieldly lengths and top notch acting. Omo, Ramsey, Tontoh and especially Rita and Dakore, etc are all capable of doing this anywhere in the world but with the right visionary grooming.
Re: Nollywood Stars Who Can Make It In Hollywood by Nobody: 12:59pm On Jul 06, 2009
naliakar:

Michelin should be told that if we are to go with color as the definition of African, then the entire region north of Sahel cannot qualify as African. Lots of Arabic lineage and culture. Zimbabwe, SA and Kenya have considerable white populations that have identificationally accepted those country's citizenship. Why shouldn't we call them Africans. You have to be bigoted to dismiss Theron as not African. Are Ethiopians of Amharic or Oromo or Somali descent Africans with clearly different tan and physical features. Stop being foolish, Africa is as multiracial and multicultural as they come.

Back to topic, Nollywood has done great and I can vouch for the popularity of these home videos in most African countries. Some of the actors and actresses from Nollywood are household names in many cities. But give it to the Nigerians,they are good at overexploiting things. Nollywod has lately gone for the overkill with jumbled plots, Plagiarized (from Hollywood) story lines, highschool drama type acting etc resulting in what you might call overexposure of the actors. In quantity they deserve our recognition, but in quality, Nollywood s sinking down fast. Here is the deal, Plan fewer productions of wieldly lengths and top notch acting. Omo, Ramsey, Tontoh and especially Rita and Dakore, etc are all capable of doing this anywhere in the world but with the right visionary grooming.

I can see you are as daft as yoruba. Those are quotes taken from a thread where almost everybody except me and other few didn't think Charlize was African.

Gosh ignorance is a serious disease and I don't debate with people with a vacuum in their head.
Re: Nollywood Stars Who Can Make It In Hollywood by yoruba: 1:21pm On Jul 06, 2009
Michelin is one of those backward minded people, I suggest that he should withdraw himself from this topic or we should just ignore him. Thats the only way this topic will continue.
Re: Nollywood Stars Who Can Make It In Hollywood by Nobody: 1:24pm On Jul 06, 2009
yoruba:

Michelin is one of those backward minded people, I suggest that he should withdraw himself from this topic or we should just ignore him. Thats the only way this topic will continue.

Are you stupid or what?

Read again:
michelin89:

I can see you are as daft as yoruba. [size=20pt]Those are quotes taken from a thread where almost everybody except me and other few didn't think Charlize was African.[/size]

Gosh ignorance is a serious disease and I don't debate with people with a vacuum in their head.
Re: Nollywood Stars Who Can Make It In Hollywood by Nobody: 1:26pm On Jul 06, 2009
Why are you acting stupid? Must you act local like your username? What an irritating piece of ignorant sh!t.

Where did they bake your type?
Re: Nollywood Stars Who Can Make It In Hollywood by yoruba: 1:43pm On Jul 06, 2009
michelin89:

Why are you acting stupid? Must you act local like your username? What an irritating piece of ignorant sh!t.

Where did they bake your type?
Clearly you the idiot around here, calling me names wont prove a point. All we want to do is to discuss about Nollywood Stars Who Can Make It In Hollywood but you busy trying to make an argument around something that is not related to this current discussion. We [size=8pt]will ignore you from now on[/size]
Re: Nollywood Stars Who Can Make It In Hollywood by Nobody: 2:07pm On Jul 06, 2009
yoruba:

Clearly you the idiot around here, calling me names wont prove a point. All we want to do is to discuss about Nollywood Stars Who Can Make It In Hollywood but you busy trying to make an argument around something that is not related to this current discussion. We [size=8pt]will ignore you from now on[/size]

No, you are shamelessly dumb. Who has time to waste with you anyways? Even a toilet can assorb more than you. Natural flush out brain. angry
Re: Nollywood Stars Who Can Make It In Hollywood by THEAMAKA(f): 2:16am On Aug 10, 2009
why should any of them dream of making it to hollywood?
WHAT THE HELL?
NIGERIAN SHA!!!!

nollywood is suppose to be one fast developing industry.
why should they feel the need to run off to hollywood.

is our own not good enough?

another reason for them to say that america is better.

nollywood is good, no need to run to holllywood. to do what? stop making yourself anorexic and trying to conform to european standards of beauty?
na wa oo!!
Re: Nollywood Stars Who Can Make It In Hollywood by mmaks: 12:12pm On Aug 10, 2009
that list is incomplete until omotola is included.period
Re: Nollywood Stars Who Can Make It In Hollywood by zuko080: 1:07pm On Apr 15, 2011
nollywood is better than hollywood so which hollywood star can make it in nolltwood
Re: Nollywood Stars Who Can Make It In Hollywood by Jayboy124: 6:14am On May 29, 2011
Please update that list.
Re: Nollywood Stars Who Can Make It In Hollywood by druid06(m): 11:40pm On Mar 25, 2013
Truthfully speaking, I don't think any of our Nigerian actors can make it into hollywood. They might do well in low budget movies and american home videos but in the real deal? No way!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Which Site Can I Download Foreign Movies? / CITATION: What Do You Think About The Movie?! (SPOILER ALERT) / Angel Evicted From The Big Brother Main House (Fake)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.