Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,318 members, 7,829,769 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:31 AM

3 of my Bank Accounts Was Restricted This Morning - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 3 of my Bank Accounts Was Restricted This Morning (3255 Views)

My Four Bank Accounts Restricted/frozen / My Bank Account Was Restricted, What Can I Do ? / My Bank Account Restricted Unjustly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

3 of my Bank Accounts Was Restricted This Morning by Carfreak966: 1:59pm On Apr 20, 2020
I woke up today to discover my first bank, access and Uba accounts has been restricted. I have reached out to Uba and I was told I will be gotten back to after 24 hours. How is it possible that my 3 accounts were locked. Please bankers in the house help me. How do I get this resolved. I am a Music Promoter and most of my clients are from Instagram. Why now!! Why this period

Uba Bank ought to contact me before freezing my account. I have not done a fraudulent transaction and it’s an account I have been using for years now. I can’t go out to buy food. I am stranded. I feel like killing myself. Branches aren’t opened. Why this period why now!!
Re: 3 of my Bank Accounts Was Restricted This Morning by ojun50(m): 2:03pm On Apr 20, 2020
Reach out to other two banks and find out. ...

1 Like

Re: 3 of my Bank Accounts Was Restricted This Morning by dawnomike(m): 2:05pm On Apr 20, 2020
Someone must have used your BVN fraudulently...

2 Likes

Re: 3 of my Bank Accounts Was Restricted This Morning by owelle22(m): 2:06pm On Apr 20, 2020
If your sure you have not done anything fraudulent eg you scammed someone or someone transferred stolen money to your account then I advise you get yourself a good lawyer to write them immediately if possible sue them especially if your account was restricted without court order. Tnx
Re: 3 of my Bank Accounts Was Restricted This Morning by Carfreak966: 2:19pm On Apr 20, 2020
ojun50:
Reach out to other two banks and find out. ...

I have done that already. Called access bank they said they will lodge a complaint to their head. Uba said they will get back to me within 24 hours. First bank refused to pick up their calls even after 35mins

2 Likes

Re: 3 of my Bank Accounts Was Restricted This Morning by GMBuhari: 2:32pm On Apr 20, 2020
If it's not discrepancy with BVN / account names

And you did not receive illegal money for or from someone

And you didn't defraud anyone with that account

Maybe village people came around since everyone's less busy now
Re: 3 of my Bank Accounts Was Restricted This Morning by obiekunie2: 2:49pm On Apr 20, 2020
Carfreak966:
I woke up today to discover my first bank, access and Uba accounts has been restricted. I have reached out to Uba and I was told I will be gotten back to after 24 hours. How is it possible that my 3 accounts were locked. Please bankers in the house help me. How do I get this resolved. I am a Music Promoter and most of my clients are from Instagram. Why now!! Why this period

Uba Bank ought to contact me before freezing my account. I have not done a fraudulent transaction and it’s an account I have been using for years now. I can’t go out to buy food. I am stranded. I feel like killing myself. Branches aren’t opened. Why this period why now!!

Lalasticlala mynd22 please help me to front page

bros!

you don enter ooo!

the next thing they will send you a message to kindly report to the nearest police station for further action.

meanwhile as you dey enter police station na to lock you up be the first thing.

them fit keep you for one week self first before they will even begin to remember say they put you for cell.

the thing be say maybe you don help person do transaction with your account - or maybe person don take stolen ATM settle you.

which ever way it is - bros wahala dey.
Re: 3 of my Bank Accounts Was Restricted This Morning by Carlyscales: 2:52pm On Apr 20, 2020
Well I had same experience with first bank recently.

NB: the reason y my account was frozen, may not necessary be same reason with yours. But my story may somehow guide you.

I just discovered that I can't access my two accounts ( money) in first bank. I tried everything but nothing official from them. Checked with their customer service n they said there was a court case on the account ( and nothing else in details)

So I had to send someone to d northern branch I opened d account. Still no details from them. So I had to go to the bank n raise some dust, so one of them manager took her time to call the legal dept in Lagos. That's when they now sent d court order via mail to the branch.

So from d court order, there was a garnishee order over a court case somewhere. And someone with same name as me was involved in d case, hence d order against him. Infact d order was against that name in all banks in Nigeria. So theoretically all same name accounts were frozen in all nija banks. U can understand why some people call this country zoo n Sithole.

So, first bank carelessly never informed me before touching my account. And never countered d motion to verify who exactly ( by bvn, identify etc) was involved in d case, inorder to protect their customer.

So the first legal counsel I got was like I should appear at d court and prove I wasn't the person involved, so that d garnishee won't be made absolute.
I did some investigation from d parties in d order, and suspected that it was a case of international fraud against a company in Nigeria. So if I appear in court, i may just be robbed in. And wouldn't have space to even proof my innocence

So I sought another legal counsel. And was advised, that I have a business with first bank ( gave them money to keep) and no other. It's a sample case because I don't know anything about d case. But complex because I'm being robbed in. So I got my legal rep to write a strong worded letter to FBN legal dept n my bank branch.
They acknowledged with apologies n agreed to go to the court n do d needful. But this lockdown is stalling things so far.

But at the end of this nollywood drama, I'm gonna sit down with FBN n talk. They either compensate me, or we continue in court with CBN now involved in d case. That's after my protest letter to CBN.

So for u, if you sure u haven't done or plan to do any shenanigans with your account. Get ur lawyer or any good lawyer to engage them.
First walk into any branch n insist on seeing d manager. Engage him to explain in details y ur account was touched. If he doesn't have d details ask him to escalate n get back to you same day.

But if u or any one close to u have used ur account for anything u ain't proud of. Bross better jaapa n forget that account, okay?

4 Likes

Re: 3 of my Bank Accounts Was Restricted This Morning by Carfreak966: 2:55pm On Apr 20, 2020
obiekunie2:

bros!

you don enter ooo!

the next thing they will send you a message to kindly report to the nearest police station for further action.

meanwhile as you dey enter police station na to lock you up be the first thing.

them fit keep you for one week self first before they will even begin to remember say they put you for cell.

the thing be say maybe you don help person do transaction with your account - or maybe person don take stolen ATM settle you.

which ever way it is - bros wahala dey.

Have you experienced such before??
Re: 3 of my Bank Accounts Was Restricted This Morning by Carfreak966: 2:57pm On Apr 20, 2020
Carlyscales:

NB: the reason y my account was frozen, may not necessary be same reason with yours. But my story may somehow guide you.

I just discovered that I can't access my two accounts ( money) in first bank. I tried everything but nothing official from them. Checked with their customer service n they said there was a court case on the account ( and nothing else in details)

So I had to send someone to d northern branch I opened d account. Still no details from them. So I had to go to the bank n raise some dust, so one of them manager took her time to call the legal dept in Lagos. That's when they now sent d court order via mail to the branch.

So from d court order, there was a garnishee order over a court case somewhere. And someone with same name as me was involved in d case, hence d order against him. Infact d order was against that name in all banks in Nigeria. So theoretically all same name accounts were frozen in all nija banks. U can understand why some people call this country zoo n Sithole.

So, first bank carelessly never informed me before touching my account. And never countered d motion to verify who exactly ( by bvn, identify etc) was involved in d case, inorder to protect their customer.

So the first legal counsel I got was like I should appear at d court and prove I wasn't the person involved, so that d garnishee won't be made absolute.
I did some investigation from d parties in d order, and suspected that it was a case of international fraud against a company in Nigeria. So if I appear in court, i may just be robbed in. And wouldn't have space to even proof my innocence

So I sought another legal counsel. And was advised, that I have a business with first bank ( gave them money to keep) and no other. It's a sample case because I don't know anything about d case. But complex because I'm being robbed in. So I got my legal rep to write a strong worded letter to FBN legal dept n my bank branch.
They acknowledged with apologies n agreed to go to the court n do d needful. But this lockdown is stalling things so far.

But at the end of this nollywood drama, I'm gonna sit down with FBN n talk. They either compensate me, or we continue in court with CBN now involved in d case. That's after my protest letter to CBN.

So for u, if you sure u haven't done or plan to do any shenanigans with your account. Get ur lawyer or any good lawyer to engage them.
First walk into any branch n insist on seeing d manager. Engage him to explain in details y ur account was touched. If he doesn't have d details ask him to escalate n get back to you same day.

But if u or any one close to u have used ur account for anything u ain't proud of. Bross better jaapa n forget that account, okay?

Chief three of my bank accounts were frozen. I have done no fraud. I don’t have a lawyer. I don’t understand why banks can not verify the transaction indicted before freezing ones account. Worst still it’s three different bank account that was frozen
Re: 3 of my Bank Accounts Was Restricted This Morning by obiekunie2: 3:00pm On Apr 20, 2020
Carfreak966:

Have you experienced such before??

naa! but similar stories abound here on nairaland.
Re: 3 of my Bank Accounts Was Restricted This Morning by Carfreak966: 3:25pm On Apr 20, 2020
Lalasticlala please look into this
Re: 3 of my Bank Accounts Was Restricted This Morning by Carlyscales: 3:43pm On Apr 20, 2020
Carfreak966:

Chief three of my bank accounts were frozen. I have done no fraud. I don’t have a lawyer. I don’t understand why banks can not verify the transaction indicted before freezing ones account. Worst still it’s three different bank account that was frozen
It mayb similar to mine
It'll take u like 10 - 20k to get normal level lawyer to write to FBN. From there they get paid eventually by the compensation u get from d case.

I'm at Ibadan n get a lawyer for u here or lag.

But it location will help
Re: 3 of my Bank Accounts Was Restricted This Morning by Carfreak966: 3:49pm On Apr 20, 2020
Carlyscales:

It mayb similar to mine
It'll take u like 10 - 20k to get normal level lawyer to write to FBN. From there they get paid eventually by the compensation u get from d case.

I'm at Ibadan n get a lawyer for u here or lag.

But it location will help

I am in Lagos. Please do drop your WhatsApp. You can edit your number back after 3 mins please
Re: 3 of my Bank Accounts Was Restricted This Morning by Carlyscales: 6:16pm On Apr 20, 2020
Carfreak966:

I am in Lagos. Please do drop your WhatsApp. You can edit your number back after 3 mins please

I have a lawyer around here. That handles such case in both ib n lag. I've talked with him. He's willing to help.
Get me on
Re: 3 of my Bank Accounts Was Restricted This Morning by Carfreak966: 6:33pm On Apr 20, 2020
Carlyscales:

I have a lawyer around here. That handles such case in both ib n lag. I've talked with him. He's willing to help.
Get me on

Thanks kindly edit your number
Re: 3 of my Bank Accounts Was Restricted This Morning by TellerPayLoan: 9:06pm On Apr 20, 2020
I have a similar case here too, but not related to fraud or income flow.

Last 3 weeks before the first lockdown order, I walked into a first bank branch,asked for Current Account opening. Submitted all requirements including BVN, Passports, ID, Utility Bill etc. I was told by the lady to wait after 24hours for the Account details to get to me through Alert. Of which it took almost 2 days before coming in after so many pressures from my side to her via calls. I asked for ATM and Cheque book, but was asked to come for it the following before Lockdown came.

Now during the Lockdown, since the Account is A fresh Account and and no transaction has come in yet,(but I was told it was fine to deposit) I decided to link this Account to my Bet9ja Account. I won 68,000+ and withdrew during Last 2 weeks. Alert came through, won 100,000+ again and withdrew the following week through this their zoom soccer. Now I got the confidence and walked to their bank last week, but was told they will open this week.

Lastly,
This morning I went to First Bank to get an ATM, lo and behold I was told my account is freezed for what the staff termed "debit forozen". I got angry and asked why at the top of my voice that attracted the manager. Who took me to his office and checked my account after he saw that I had no any other transaction....
It was at this point, He apologized to me that it is not my fault but from their HQ in Lagos on shutdown, that my account was not properly ready with the CPC before lockdown order and still in progress which made it not to have BVN. That there is nothing he can do till they resume office at HQ, that I should come next week

Omo I weak till now for my own money and sweat
Re: 3 of my Bank Accounts Was Restricted This Morning by BarrSly: 3:44am On Jun 16, 2020
I’ve handled matters like this before but you have to be truthful to your lawyer about whether or not your account was used for fraudulent purposes. If you’re sure about it then we can write to your bank for you and copy all relevant authorities as well as threatening legal action should the said freezing not be reversed within a specified period.
Re: 3 of my Bank Accounts Was Restricted This Morning by Oluwasanmi18: 6:59pm On Aug 13, 2020
Carlyscales:

can I av your contact pls..I av similarly issue ..jxt need your advice

(1) (Reply)

Access Bank Offer: Caveat Emptor / Has Anyone Purchased With Naira Mastercard Issued By Guaranteed Trust Bank? / Central Bank Lifts Foreign Exchange Market With $210m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.