Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,234 members, 7,825,904 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 05:52 AM

Advice On Quit Notice By My Landlady - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Advice On Quit Notice By My Landlady (1715 Views)

My Landlady Dashed Me This Fruit Today / My Landlady Wants Me To Move Out, Cos I Found She Is T The Real Owner Of The Hou / Me And My Landlady. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice On Quit Notice By My Landlady by suledes(m): 6:32pm On Apr 20, 2020
Hello Nairalanders,

I have little issue with my landlandy over payment of house rent, though it is a single room apartment.

My rent had due since end of december, 2019. And since 3rd of January, 2020 she has been disturbing me and i promised to pay when i have money. On 20th february, 2020 she approached me again and i told her i that whenever i ad money i would pay, but in a short while. She framed up, and which led to exchange of words. I would have paid her in march, but due to lockdown issue, all plans have scattered. For nearly a month now, no money at all. She just brought quit notice on 15th april, 2020 stating that she gave me 6 months to vacate my apartment. While reading the letter, and if you go through content, i ascertain some things:

1. Since she gave me 6 months, from counting from april, it means the quit will expire by 15th october, 2020 but she indicated 30th september, 2020.

2. I was not formerly addressed in the letter.

3. Was she supposed to give me quit notice at this period since she knew that the economy is in total lockdown, and i have not been going to work.

4. I was the person who repaired my roof when it was leaking, she claimed that i was the one living there and it was my responsibility. It is the tenants theat contribute money to do most repairs of the house

5. Though, she had increase a rent on the ground that she wanted to repair the sockaway, bathroom, toilet. But there is no sign of her repairing the house. Though, she and her children are living in an apartment, and her elder sister and her own children are also living in another apartment of this same building.

How do i go about it to live spend a year or more quit notice on this matter. I need your advice and help.

Kindly find attached copy of Quit Notice issued to me.

Re: Advice On Quit Notice By My Landlady by Taeewo(m): 6:33pm On Apr 20, 2020
She still gave u till September u no happy,u never see landlord wey go give u a month notice before..

You were supposed to be given Jan to June 2020..Try settle with her or search for another apartment before September..God will provide..
Re: Advice On Quit Notice By My Landlady by sexy74(m): 6:44pm On Apr 20, 2020
suledes:
Hello Nairalanders,

I have little issue with my landlandy over payment of house rent, though it is a single room apartment.

My rent had due since end of december, 2019. And since 3rd of January, 2020 she has been disturbing me and i promised to pay when i have money. On 20th february, 2020 she approached me again and i told her i that whenever i ad money i would pay, but in a short while. She framed up, and which led to exchange of words. I would have paid her in march, but due to lockdown issue, all plans have scattered. For nearly a month now, no money at all. She just brought quit notice on 15th april, 2020 stating that she gave me 6 months to vacate my apartment. While reading the letter, and if you go through content, i ascertain some things:

1. Since she gave me 6 months, from counting from april, it means the quit will expire by 15th october, 2020 but she indicated 30th september, 2020.

2. I was not formerly addressed in the letter.

3. Was she supposed to give me quit notice at this period since she knew that the economy is in total lockdown, and i have not been going to work.

4. I was the person who repaired my roof when it was leaking, she claimed that i was the one living there and it was my responsibility. It is the tenants theat contribute money to do most repairs of the house

5. Though, she had increase a rent on the ground that she wanted to repair the sockaway, bathroom, toilet. But there is no sign of her repairing the house. Though, she and her children are living in an apartment, and her elder sister and her own children are also living in another apartment of this same building.

How do i go about it to live spend a year or more quit notice on this matter. I need your advice and help.

Kindly find attached copy of Quit Notice issued to me.

My brother quit honorably no matter what loopholes you see the house can’t be your own?
Re: Advice On Quit Notice By My Landlady by nifemi25(m): 6:48pm On Apr 20, 2020
I will advise you plead with your landlord to give her the money as soon as you have it....

(1) (Reply)

Pls Help Me This Ghost Is In Front Of My Toilet. I Need Your Help / What A Nice Place To Be! / Reasons Why Nigerians Don't Commit Suicide !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.