Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,713 members, 7,831,236 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:55 PM

A-29 Super Tucano Aircraft For Nigeria Marks First Flight In Florida - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / A-29 Super Tucano Aircraft For Nigeria Marks First Flight In Florida (68019 Views)

My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana / NAF Acquires Super Tucano Aircraft (Photo) / Akwa Ibom Government Acquires Two New Aircraft For Ibom Air (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A-29 Super Tucano Aircraft For Nigeria Marks First Flight In Florida by Pharaoh350s(m): 9:39pm On Apr 20, 2020
tete7000:

Ask yourself, did Chad need plane to decimate boko haram? Or you didn't read about the feat chadian army achieved recently?
Why me again
I can't drag this
Because am hungry now
Re: A-29 Super Tucano Aircraft For Nigeria Marks First Flight In Florida by Nobody: 9:40pm On Apr 20, 2020
This is the one we can afford. 1930 airplanes. When it comes to luxury however, the leaders don't go for even 5years old model cars like 2015. They opt for the latest.

1 Like

Re: A-29 Super Tucano Aircraft For Nigeria Marks First Flight In Florida by slimthugchimee2(m): 9:41pm On Apr 20, 2020
Farki:

I think they were using it as training and some were delivered to Afghanistan but as not their main anti insurgency aircraft. If Nigeria was buying A-10 Warthogs though I would be jumping for joy.

A10 warthog is not for sale baba, not to Nigeria, not to any other country, not even NATO countries, also US socom is considering buying the aircraft as its light attack aircraft, and the aircraft is also being used for coin in Afghanistan
Re: A-29 Super Tucano Aircraft For Nigeria Marks First Flight In Florida by Dreason(m): 9:41pm On Apr 20, 2020
엀짰te author=Mace0lane post=88665172]If PDP or Jonathan were still ruling this country the money for this would have been looted. [/quote]

the past is all behinde gej is no longer in charge so let him be. all of them pdp apc are corrupt
Re: A-29 Super Tucano Aircraft For Nigeria Marks First Flight In Florida by NiceMen: 9:44pm On Apr 20, 2020
muykem:
8 No matter how ineffective your brain is, it will still remember Dansuki $2b. Surprisingly, all these jets cost only $400m.
how many did u see Chad use to kill Bokoharam that ur Buhari has been releasing?

Ode
Re: A-29 Super Tucano Aircraft For Nigeria Marks First Flight In Florida by tete7000(m): 9:46pm On Apr 20, 2020
Pharaoh350s:

Why me again
I can't drag this
Because am hungry now

Why you? So that you can stop buying into the lies that the Jets are why bokoharam has not been defeated. They have not been defeated because there is no will on the part of those prosecuting and gaining from the war.
Re: A-29 Super Tucano Aircraft For Nigeria Marks First Flight In Florida by RTSC: 9:47pm On Apr 20, 2020
idtwo:

It is easy to reel out the names of modern aircrafts you have heard of or read about, but do you know how much those things you mentioned are sold for and do you think they are sold to just anybody or any country that wants them? You don't seem to know about sales of defense equipment.

Apart from the F-22, F-117A and the F-35, there is no jet in the American inventory that Nigeria cannot buy if we are serious.

Put serious money like $2billion cash on the table for F-18s and F-16s and see if Donald Trump would not send a trade emissary to Nigeria the next day.

The Russians would be even easier.

Money talks, policy flies out of the window.

2 Likes

Re: A-29 Super Tucano Aircraft For Nigeria Marks First Flight In Florida by Swker(m): 9:47pm On Apr 20, 2020
You must be very stupid to say this. Foolishness has blinded your sense of reasoning. I do not know him but I can assure you that this government is not close to being good. Do you realize how much money they claimed this aircraft cost?
Mace0lane:
If PDP or Jonathan were still ruling this country the money for this would have been looted.
Re: A-29 Super Tucano Aircraft For Nigeria Marks First Flight In Florida by Farki: 9:48pm On Apr 20, 2020
slimthugchimee2:

A10 warthog is not for sale baba, not to Nigeria, not to any other country, not even NATO countries, also US socom is considering buying the aircraft as its light attack aircraft, and the aircraft is also being used for coin in Afghanistan

It was just wishful thinking. wink

At least now we know the planes are real and are coming soon eventually.
Re: A-29 Super Tucano Aircraft For Nigeria Marks First Flight In Florida by MadeMan01(m): 9:49pm On Apr 20, 2020
Pharaoh350s:
Someone said ww2 plane
Even if it's WW1 plane, we are still thankful to Buhari's administration
Am seeing the war against bokoharam ending soon
One step at a time
Before was heavy tanks
Now aircrafts

NA don't have excuse not to defeat bokoboys now

You talk like a fool
So because plane is plane, education is education. We should send our kids to learn obsolete things like the archaic libraries in most Nigerian schools.
Any serious country should never have a turbo propeller plane in its air force. Turbo propeller plane should be in training school. Turbo props cannot do more than 700+kph. Modern heat seeking missiles, surface to air, surface to surface will outrun it and shoot it down. We should not have any military jet plane older than 1985
Re: A-29 Super Tucano Aircraft For Nigeria Marks First Flight In Florida by Nobody: 9:49pm On Apr 20, 2020
Torino234:
U created Boko Haram and now you are also using our hard earned money from the south to buy tucano to fight that same boko boys you brought up, you are looking for a cover up that's why u re calling Jonathan. Don't worry I know your problem you are hungry waiting for national cake from the south south this month end.

Buhari is a business man

1 Share

Re: A-29 Super Tucano Aircraft For Nigeria Marks First Flight In Florida by Ellie01: 9:50pm On Apr 20, 2020
Mace0lane:
If PDP or Jonathan were still ruling this country the money for this would have been looted.

Why dint the FG settle for F15 with all that money?

Moral of the story is that both PDP and APC are one and d same....and u should de-clutter your brain.
Re: A-29 Super Tucano Aircraft For Nigeria Marks First Flight In Florida by Pharaoh350s(m): 9:51pm On Apr 20, 2020
MadeMan01:

You talk like a fool
So because plane is plane, education is education. We should send our kids to learn obsolete things like the archaic libraries in most Nigerian schools.
Any serious country should never have a turbo propeller plane in its air force. Turbo propeller plane should be in training school. Turbo props cannot do more than 700+kph. Modern heat seeking missiles, surface to air, surface to surface will outrun it and shoot it down. We should not have any plane older than 1985

Does my comment require an insult
God damn, thats my opinion not yours

Ok, you know what!
You have won
Congratulations
You have Sense
Re: A-29 Super Tucano Aircraft For Nigeria Marks First Flight In Florida by Pharaoh350s(m): 9:52pm On Apr 20, 2020
tete7000:

Why you? So that you can stop buying into the lies that the Jets are why bokoharam has not been defeated. They have not been defeated because there is no will on the part of those prosecuting and gaining from the war.

Congratulations
You've won
Thanks you for your opinion
Re: A-29 Super Tucano Aircraft For Nigeria Marks First Flight In Florida by Amudeneogu: 9:53pm On Apr 20, 2020
Our money don finish kpatakpata may God help us in this country
Re: A-29 Super Tucano Aircraft For Nigeria Marks First Flight In Florida by slimthugchimee2(m): 9:56pm On Apr 20, 2020
MadeMan01:

You talk like a fool
Any serious country should never have a turbo propeller plane in its air force. Turbo propeller plane should be in training school. Turbo props cannot do more than 700+kph. Modern heat seeking missiles, surface to air, surface to surface will outrun it and shoot it down. We should not have any plane older than 1985

So US socom considering A29 as its primary light attack aircraft are unserious abi?

And by the way that plane made its first flight in 1999 and went into operation in 2003, it's by far the best Counter insurgency aircraft in the world, it was made for Coin and close air support that's why its turbo prop, do some research please

That jet is a very good buy for Nigeria, its what Nigeria needs in the war in north east
Re: A-29 Super Tucano Aircraft For Nigeria Marks First Flight In Florida by Nobody: 9:56pm On Apr 20, 2020
obailala:

It's a pity you do not know the difference between genuine criticism and just irrational pointless wailing and nagging; what you and many others here are doing is the latter. You wouldn't see me coming here to hail anybody but I just get irritated when I see meaningless wailing and baseless criticism born out of nothing but deep prejudice. That I say I'm disappointed in the government doesnt automatically mean I should throw away common sense and decency to join the herd mentality of fellows spewing nonsense daily in the guise of criticism... I'm sorry there's nothing honourable about such behaviour.

Nigerian military has been fighting and killing bokoharam for over 8 years now, but Chad military pulls one onslaught and all of sudden, Chad has become US marines that Nigerian army should go and beg for training?

You claim you just want them to just do their job and be quiet. But obviously with your kind of mentality, no matter what they do, no matter how well they do it, you will always pick a fault.
What are u talking about, dude?
Buhari said he will fight boko haram from the war front and decimate them.
That is what We want.
The rest is non of my biz.
5 yrs and counting.
You don't lecture me about what is happening in the military.
Re: A-29 Super Tucano Aircraft For Nigeria Marks First Flight In Florida by Okoroawusa: 9:57pm On Apr 20, 2020
GenBuhari:
welcome back . were you banned??
Yes

Thanks for noticing
Re: A-29 Super Tucano Aircraft For Nigeria Marks First Flight In Florida by slimthugchimee2(m): 9:57pm On Apr 20, 2020
Ellie01:

Why dint the FG settle for F15 with all that money?

Moral of the story is that both PDP and APC are one and d same....and u should de-clutter your brain.

Who will sell you F15?

And what the Bleep do you need an F15 for?
Re: A-29 Super Tucano Aircraft For Nigeria Marks First Flight In Florida by Xclusivedaniel6(m): 9:59pm On Apr 20, 2020
Mace0lane:

Well said my brother

But your Buhari and APC are busy buying used WW2 fighter jets for us
Re: A-29 Super Tucano Aircraft For Nigeria Marks First Flight In Florida by slimthugchimee2(m): 9:59pm On Apr 20, 2020
MadeMan01:

You talk like a fool
Any serious country should never have a turbo propeller plane in its air force. Turbo propeller plane should be in training school. Turbo props cannot do more than 700+kph. Modern heat seeking missiles, surface to air, surface to surface will outrun it and shoot it down. We should not have any military jet plane older than 1985

So book haram have Surface to Air missile?
Re: A-29 Super Tucano Aircraft For Nigeria Marks First Flight In Florida by Nobody: 10:01pm On Apr 20, 2020
MansoryMX:

Not even world war 2 but world war 1 plane. Ordinary South Africa, Egypt, Algeria, Morocco, Tunisia all have modern fighter jets. Shame on Nigeria government. Giant of Africa my foot!

Nigeria always claim Giant of Africa, while they are behind Egypt, Ethiopia and South Africa.

I don't think Nigeria is even Giant of West Africa.
Re: A-29 Super Tucano Aircraft For Nigeria Marks First Flight In Florida by MadeMan01(m): 10:01pm On Apr 20, 2020
slimthugchimee2:

So US socom considering A29 as its primary light attack aircraft are unserious abi?

And by the way that plane made its first flight in 1999 and went into operation in 2003, it's by far the best Counter insurgency aircraft in the world, it was made for Coin and close air support that's why its turbo prop, do some research please

That jet is a very good buy for Nigeria, its what Nigeria needs in the war in north east
No my friend.. modern jet fighters have low altitude capabilities, terrain hugging, radar evasive abilities, fly faster. A turbo props is restricted by physics of wind shear. America just made this plane for unserious countries to collect change. For reconnaissance, Americans will use high altitude jet drones, or spy planes. Even modern fighting planes have dual capabilities of attack, and reconnaissance
Re: A-29 Super Tucano Aircraft For Nigeria Marks First Flight In Florida by charleoj(m): 10:01pm On Apr 20, 2020
Mace0lane:
So looting is not happening right now with APC? Just a question ooo
Re: A-29 Super Tucano Aircraft For Nigeria Marks First Flight In Florida by MadeMan01(m): 10:03pm On Apr 20, 2020
slimthugchimee2:

So book haram have Surface to Air missile?
How did they shoot down one of your helicopters? Ordinary rocket launcher will hit a helicopter and the tucano if the shooter is ambushing the aircraft
Re: A-29 Super Tucano Aircraft For Nigeria Marks First Flight In Florida by umassan: 10:06pm On Apr 20, 2020
Mace0lane:
true talk
Re: A-29 Super Tucano Aircraft For Nigeria Marks First Flight In Florida by Biodun556(m): 10:10pm On Apr 20, 2020
FA13:
Stupidity and this government cannot be separated. See how a fighter jet be like a toy .

It is best as surveillance aircraft not to fight some terrorist.

How will this kind of aircraft have accurate guidance system? We will soon hear mistakingly bombing villagers unknowingly.

https://googleweblight.com/i?u=https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Embraer_EMB_314_Super_Tucano&hl=en-NG

Re: A-29 Super Tucano Aircraft For Nigeria Marks First Flight In Florida by Biodun556(m): 10:14pm On Apr 20, 2020
BreconHills:

Precisely the intended target. For the first time in years the Atmed forces is buying for fit not for drama/stealing. Fully loaded, this is far more effective than a jet fighter in the war against BH

https://googleweblight.com/i?u=https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Embraer_EMB_314_Super_Tucano&hl=en-NG

Re: A-29 Super Tucano Aircraft For Nigeria Marks First Flight In Florida by freemi(m): 10:23pm On Apr 20, 2020
So this 1940 aircraft style this d exists. Nawao

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Onitsha Fire: Photo Of The Woman That Died With Her Baby / Austrheim Sinks: Disaster At Sea, Sad Day For Nigerian Businessmen & Travellers / Kori Bustard Collides With Airlink Aircraft In South Africa (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.