Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,598 members, 7,812,958 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:46 PM

My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana (55797 Views)

A-29 Super Tucano Aircraft For Nigeria Marks First Flight In Florida / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by Ehismarkninetee: 12:48pm On Oct 10, 2022
Anybody that says Ghana is better than Nigeria, is a big liar. Let me tell you the honest truth, Ghana is only better than Nigeria in aspect of electricity and security. But wait, isn’t that the key parameters to measure if a country is doing good?

I came to Ghana in 2021, I can’t say it’s the worst decision of my life. But I have had my own fair share of the popular saying “This is Accra, Cry your Cry” omo, it has been hard, but I cannot say that there hasn’t been days that were extremely good.

I came into this country using an iPhone 7, now I am using an iPhone 12 Pro Max, it was in this country I met davido one on one. This time last year I was a millionaire here in Ghana. So u see, I cannot say Ghana has been bad to me.

Fast forward to today, I am penniless. At the verge of being thrown to the street. House rent is due in few weeks time. No money for bank account, I don’t even know where the money will come from. I have contemplated returning back to Nigeria, but am I going to borrow the money to do so? Even if I return back to Nigeria now, will I return back to my father’s house? These are the questions.

Well, for now. I think I have to keep being positive and remain on my grind, hoping for God to make a way for me. That’s my only hope.

103 Likes 11 Shares

Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by buchichris: 12:51pm On Oct 10, 2022
Hws Ghana in terms of business

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by dawnomike(m): 12:53pm On Oct 10, 2022
Ehismarkninetee:
Anybody that says Ghana is better than Nigeria, is a big liar. Let me tell you the honest truth, Ghana is only better than Nigeria in aspect of electricity and security. But wait, isn’t that the key parameters to measure if a country is doing good?
I came to Ghana in 2021, I can’t say it’s the worst decision of my life. But I have had my own fair share of the popular saying “This is Accra, Cry your Cry” omo, it has been hard, but I cannot say that there hasn’t been days that were extremely good. I came into this country using an iPhone 7, now I am using an iPhone 12 Pro Max, it was in this country I met davido one on one. This time last year I was a millionaire here in Ghana. So u see, I cannot say Ghana has been bad to me.
Fast forward to today, I am penniless. At the verge of being thrown to the street. House rent is due in few weeks time. No money for bank account, I don’t even know where the money will come from. I have contemplated returning back to Nigeria, but am I going to borrow the money to do so? Even if I return back to Nigeria now, will I return back to my father’s house? These are the questions.
Well, for now. I think I have to keep being positive and remain on my grind, hoping for God to make a way for me. That’s my only hope.
I pray you find your way and get back on your feet

187 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by buchichris: 12:59pm On Oct 10, 2022
God will see u through bro,be positive

96 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by Offpointng: 1:33pm On Oct 10, 2022
Anywhere else is better than Nigeria, I just want to japa from Nigeria by any means possible, Nigeria is hell bla bla. na dem be this o and until you japa that japa wey dey hungry you go you won't know how Blessed Nigeria is

I love my country so much nobody can convince me on why any country is better than Nigeria when it comes to standard of living. I've visited UK once and I'm glad it wasn't japa that opened my eyes as to how abroad really is, I'm sure I would have been regretting like Segun is atm

From Today, Any Nigerian who curses Nigeria remain cursed and the curses extending to his/her family and same goes to those that Bless her

186 Likes 17 Shares

Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by HRprof: 1:37pm On Oct 10, 2022
Ehismarkninetee:
I came to Ghana in 2021, I can’t say it’s the worst decision of my life. But I have had my own fair share of the popular saying “This is Accra, Cry your Cry” omo, it has been hard, but I cannot say that there hasn’t been days that were extremely good. Icame into this country using an iPhone 7, now I am using an iPhone 12 Pro Max, it was in this country I met davido one on one. This time last year I was a millionaire here in Ghana. So u see, I cannot say Ghana has been bad to me.
Your story is not complete, @ bolded what were You doing then to get the millions and what's the cause of your challenges that brought you back to ZERO.
Meanwhile, your Destiny is already in your hand. you can raise money by selling your iPhone 12 pro max then buy Nokia touch, then use the money to relocate back to Nigeria and start afresh, is good to learn in a hard way sometimes.

475 Likes 25 Shares

Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by Nobody: 2:30pm On Oct 10, 2022
I’m Nigerian too, and I am based here in Ghana we all have our ups and down.

A lot of Nigerians are in Europe too who are facing hardship.

We also have a lot in nigeria who cannot pay rent.

Hold on to your God and Pray for a better day.

Ehismarkninetee:
I came to Ghana in 2021, I can’t say it’s the worst decision of my life. But I have had my own fair share of the popular saying “This is Accra, Cry your Cry” omo, it has been hard, but I cannot say that there hasn’t been days that were extremely good. I came into this country using an iPhone 7, now I am using an iPhone 12 Pro Max, it was in this country I met davido one on one. This time last year I was a millionaire here in Ghana. So u see, I cannot say Ghana has been bad to me.

123 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by Ehismarkninetee: 3:01pm On Oct 10, 2022
businesshub101:
I’m Nigerian too, and I am based here in Ghana we all have our ups and down.

A lot of Nigerians are in Europe too who are facing hardship.

We also have a lot in nigeria who cannot pay rent.

Hold on to your God and Pray for a better day.

I will my brother

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by Ehismarkninetee: 3:02pm On Oct 10, 2022
dawnomike:
I pray you find your way and get back on your feet

Amen

5 Likes

Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by Ehismarkninetee: 3:05pm On Oct 10, 2022
buchichris:
Hws Ghana in terms of business

Let me tell you the truth, if you intend to establish a business here. Have it in the back of your mind that there is the possibility that it might not work out. The truth is that Ghanaians nor like to spend the way we Nigerians like to. Also, Ghanaians don’t patronize foreigners over their own people, only if you are married to them, they can patronize you. So my genuine advice is don’t make the mistake of starting a business in Ghana. It’s too risky

117 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by cobby14(m): 3:53pm On Oct 10, 2022
Accra you dey. Shine your eye lol

4 Likes

Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by Rrchrd(m): 8:15pm On Oct 10, 2022
Ehismarkninetee:
The question is
What happened to the money you made,
How come the money finished?

84 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by Nobody: 8:54pm On Oct 10, 2022
You had millions and you couldn't invest? What a shame, my investment of 500k some years back is fetching me millions today

106 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by NozinoGroup: 9:52pm On Oct 10, 2022
Ehismarkninetee:

Ehis notenmwen. Better sell your IPhone enter motor come house. Things dy sup for Benin.

95 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by Arry110(m): 9:57pm On Oct 10, 2022
Antimarraige:
You had millions and you couldn't invest? What a shame, my investment of 500k some years back is fetching me millions today
Una go dey talk investment like bad investments don’t happen, or unforeseen circumstances can’t occur and 4k your investment up, most times it’s even better to even save

186 Likes 14 Shares

Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by WIZGUY69(m): 10:06pm On Oct 10, 2022
Werey client no pay am again grin

177 Likes 10 Shares

Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by WIZGUY69(m): 10:08pm On Oct 10, 2022
Antimarraige:

So what was the investment? undecided

52 Likes

Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by Stewart883(m): 10:12pm On Oct 10, 2022
Antimarraige:

You're talking shit!! Who is interested on how much you invested and how much you're making!!

104 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by Nobody: 8:10am On Oct 11, 2022
Stewart883:

You're talking shit!! Who is interested on how much you invested and how much you're making!!
I wasn't talking to you either face your front oga ade

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by Nobody: 8:12am On Oct 11, 2022
WIZGUY69:

So what was the investment? undecided
cocoa farming in my mom's hometown

38 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by Nobody: 8:12am On Oct 11, 2022
Arry110:
Una go dey talk investment like bad investments don’t happen, or unforeseen circumstances can’t occur and 4k your investment up, most times it’s even better to even save
so wasting the money on shayo and women is better? Do you go into investment hoping to lose? Think twice oga

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by horpeyemmi66(m): 7:50pm On Oct 13, 2022
grin grin This Op is on weed. Kuku say you are looking for someone that would dash you money.

You're broke, you're broke.

What concerns us with the Nigeria Vs Ghana story/akuko you began with?

49 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by Agbadocassava: 7:50pm On Oct 13, 2022
With Tinubu in power every Nigerian in diaspora will return home to live nd to invest.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by Reallife17: 7:50pm On Oct 13, 2022
For Accra? grin
It’s Real life and these things happen.
Heads up man and keep working. Hope things get better
Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by bmdondmix: 7:50pm On Oct 13, 2022
V
Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by FalseProphet1(m): 7:51pm On Oct 13, 2022
You were obviously parrying, clubbing and carrying olosho, now you're broke you've come back to your sense. I see you coming back to Nigeria to Hussle in the coming weeks.

This I have seen.

5 Likes

Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by AliyuMahdi9: 7:51pm On Oct 13, 2022
@saintlucia

saintlucia

A post for your attention
Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by Dalil8: 7:51pm On Oct 13, 2022
U no go tell them say na HK u go join.

36 Likes

Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by Lanretoye(m): 7:51pm On Oct 13, 2022
You should have something doing there nah,abi na yahoo u dey do?.
You made million through some ways,if it is legitimate then it can't be as worse.
There is nothing you are doing with iphone 12promax if you are really broke,I think that phone should be able to pay your house rent,I see nothing your 12promax can do that iphone 7 cannot do except for pictures.

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by zombieHUNTER: 7:52pm On Oct 13, 2022
Agbadocassava:
With Tinubu in power every Nigerian in diaspora will return home to live nd to invest.

its a shame that able bodied youths are campaigning for those that kept them at home because of ASUU strike..
At least APc made you lots Yahoo boys
undecided

so op What exactly did you do with the money?..

And of course Ghana is better than Nigeria,

they're not cursed with APc that has turned Aso Rock to old people's home

There's light, there's security, there's job for those willing to do the work..

what exactly did you do with the money, Mr once upon a millionaire

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Life As A 29-Year-Old Nigerian In Accra, Ghana by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 7:52pm On Oct 13, 2022
Ehismarkninetee:

I came to Ghana in 2021, I can’t say it’s the worst decision of my life. But I have had my own fair share of the popular saying “This is Accra, Cry your Cry” omo, it has been hard, but I cannot say that there hasn’t been days that were extremely good.

I came into this country using an iPhone 7, now I am using an iPhone 12 Pro Max, it was in this country I met davido one on one. This time last year I was a millionaire here in Ghana. So u see, I cannot say Ghana has been bad to me.

Most Nigerians in Ghana and all over the world are criminals all they want to do is to vote for criminals once you stop them from stealing Nigerian start complaining. In Europe and UK and Canada openly in the parliament they claim Nigerians are criminals and this is the problem with Nigerian people all over the world. The average Nigerian wants to steal and want to support criminals once you stop them from stealing they become angry and start complaining that is what is happening to Nigerians today in Europe and UK they are complaining bitterly because the countries do not and not allow them to to steal

8 Likes 6 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

What Google Is Telling Foreigners About Nigeria / Photos Of The Coffins Where 4 Nigerians To Be Killed In Indonesia Will Be Buried / Abuja-Kaduna Train Service Offers Free Ride As Passengers Show Their Excitement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.