Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,844 members, 7,844,731 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 06:49 AM

Liquid Damaged Phone, Is There A Way Out - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Liquid Damaged Phone, Is There A Way Out (571 Views)

How To Know If Your Android Phone Is Fake Or Original / Some Places Where Use Of Phone Is Prohibited But People Dont Obey / Damaged Phone Screen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Liquid Damaged Phone, Is There A Way Out by stefanu(m): 5:20pm On Jan 06, 2011
I bought a new Nokia phone from Slot V/I in November, and a month after Dec 18th to be precise, i put the phone in offline to allow me sleep without disturbance. I woke up the next morning and my phone refuse to come up. All effort to power the phone on gave no positive result.
Being a phone still under warranty, i took it to Nokia Care in V/I and was asked to drop the phone. I got a call from them today and when i got there, i was told my phone was liquid damaged, and CANNOT be repaired.
I was stunned because i could not remember liquid pouring on the phone. I wondered why a phone that is liquid damaged could nt be repaired again. I checked onlineĀ  nw and i discovered if a phone immeresed in liquid should stand any chance of working again, then there should be no attempt to power the phone on or charge it, so that it won't short circuit.
Does it mean my phone has bn short circuited? Does it mean a phone of 80k, barely used for a month will not come bact to life again?
Can someone please help proffer solution? I can't believe the phone would never work again.
Re: Liquid Damaged Phone, Is There A Way Out by dragnet: 5:58pm On Jan 06, 2011
Whats d model of the phone? . . . Let me handle it, mail me, dragnet5050 at gmail

(1) (Reply)

Wot The Hell Is Mtn Doing? / Pls How Do I Enter Web Address On Nokia C-3 / Mobile Users Community

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.