Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,241 members, 7,811,674 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:01 PM

This Type Of Women Makes The Best Wives, Or Could I Be Wrong? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / This Type Of Women Makes The Best Wives, Or Could I Be Wrong? (2851 Views)

How Do You Handle This Type Of Situation? / 4 Reasons Why Shy Ladies Make Best Wives / Groom Crying On His Wedding, What May Be Wrong? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Type Of Women Makes The Best Wives, Or Could I Be Wrong? by ERCROSS(m): 10:47pm On Apr 20, 2020
Greetings to the elders in the house, I mean the married folks ooo. If you ain't married, oya join the queue.

I'm naturally attracted to intelligent ladies. In fact, it's a priority for me when it's time to choose a life partner partly because I'm sapiosexual and because I kinda believe intelligent women would make the best wives.

If you don't know what sapiosexual means, read https://thoughtcatalog.com/january-nelson/2018/05/12-signs-you-are-a-sapiosexual-someone-who-is-physically-and-mentally-turned-on-by-smart-people

Now, back to the matter. From my experience, intelligence should be everything a man wants in a woman. Well, asides beauty cha. As ah no fine, my wife ghas give our children hope naa.
I found out that it's easier to get the intelligent ladies to reason along with you, plan your life with you, contribute to your life meaningfully. They barely have this female entitlement mindset. I don't even know how to put all my experiences into words.

Mind you, being brilliant is different from being intelligent. I would like to learn from the married and unmarried folks, your experience with an intelligent lady either as your girlfriend or wife and your opinion on if they make the best wives.
Re: This Type Of Women Makes The Best Wives, Or Could I Be Wrong? by alphajerus(m): 10:50pm On Apr 20, 2020
From what i see here... u aint married.
i would have said something sha but you limited the comments with your big grammer.
married people over to una
Re: This Type Of Women Makes The Best Wives, Or Could I Be Wrong? by ERCROSS(m): 10:53pm On Apr 20, 2020
alphajerus:
From what i see here... u aint married.
i would have said something sha but you limited the comments with your big grammer.
married people over to una

Haba, bros. U dey quick vex ooo. Oya which grammar no follow, make I borrow eraser?

1 Like

Re: This Type Of Women Makes The Best Wives, Or Could I Be Wrong? by alphajerus(m): 11:14pm On Apr 20, 2020
ERCROSS:

Haba, bros. U dey quick vex ooo. Oya which grammar no follow, make I borrow eraser?

My brother i gat you well, no reason am lyk say i dey vex. You knw sey no be every nairalander dey quick do lookup for threads before commenting.
The thing be say me i grab your point but what of others wey no knw wetin be sapiosexual? you see na.
But no mind me jare fire dey go, na you be BOSS.
we just dey here to have fun.

3 Likes

Re: This Type Of Women Makes The Best Wives, Or Could I Be Wrong? by MMotimo: 3:41am On Apr 21, 2020
I don’t know that they necessarily make the best wives (everyone has their faults) but I can tell you that they can make your life easier in many ways. They can plan, they can offer advice, they are resourceful, they are able to do all kinds of different things for the good of their family. Even in this pandemic, a lot of such women are at the forefront of tackling how their families will survive by managing resources and keeping the home running as smoothly as is possible in the midst of a global plague.

Whenever challenges come, an intelligent woman by your side is truly “half the burden shared” because you know there are 2 heads working for a sound solution versus only you.

Not so intelligent women make good wives too, as long as the husband has enough intelligence to compensate for the wife’s inadequacy and as long as such women are aware of their limits and don’t destroy everything by insisting on making decisions they are not equipped to make.

14 Likes

Re: This Type Of Women Makes The Best Wives, Or Could I Be Wrong? by ERCROSS(m): 8:29am On Apr 21, 2020
[quote author=IfysWorld2 post=88675196][/quote]
Hantiey, u could have just created another thread for this naaw. U kon even post am twice Nawa ooo

1 Like

Re: This Type Of Women Makes The Best Wives, Or Could I Be Wrong? by crackkhaus: 8:38am On Apr 21, 2020
MMotimo:
I don’t know that they necessarily make the best wives (everyone has their faults) but I can tell you that they can make your life easier in many ways. They can plan, they can offer advice, they are resourceful, they are able to do all kinds of different things for the good of their family. Even in this pandemic, a lot of such women are at the forefront of tackling how their families will survive by managing resources and keeping the home running as smoothly as is possible in the midst of a global plague.

Whenever challenges come, an intelligent woman by your side is truly “half the burden shared” because you know there are 2 heads working for a sound solution versus only you.

Not so intelligent women make good wives too, as long as the husband has enough intelligence to compensate for the wife’s inadequacy and as long as such women are aware of their limits and don’t destroy everything by insisting on making decisions they are not equipped to make.
Can they also make their own money enough to take themselves on vacation or spoil themselves with luxury?

1 Like

Re: This Type Of Women Makes The Best Wives, Or Could I Be Wrong? by ERCROSS(m): 8:47am On Apr 21, 2020
crackkhaus:

Can they also make their own money enough to take themselves on vacation or spoil themselves with luxury?

The ones I've met can even take the one they love out for vacation. They are frugal and are not usually so freaked by material things. As in, they hardly ever have this my boyfriend/husband's money is our money, but my money is my money.

7 Likes

Re: This Type Of Women Makes The Best Wives, Or Could I Be Wrong? by crackkhaus: 8:57am On Apr 21, 2020
ERCROSS:

The ones I've met can even take the one they love out for vacation. They are frugal and are not usually so freaked by material things. As in, they hardly ever have this my boyfriend/husband's money is our money, but my money is my money.
This is selflessness, not intelligence.

I was going to quote your OP to make the correction but decided to use hers as my way in.

What she listed and the things you talked about...those are attributes of selflessness, not intelligence.

An intelligent woman who is vainly conceited (usually covertly because she's intelligent) will NEVER be like the woman you people are describing.

6 Likes

Re: This Type Of Women Makes The Best Wives, Or Could I Be Wrong? by LordKO(m): 9:00am On Apr 21, 2020
Reasonableness/conscientiousness vs intelligence - a reasonable woman (or man) is an intelligent woman, but not all intelligent women (or men) are reasonable. So, I don't agree with you. Seek ye a reasonable woman who has altruistic interest in you/who voluntarily has interest to pursue oneness with you, provided that you're a reasonable man and equally has altruistic interest in her, and treat her queenly - if you can achieve this feat, through experience you'll understand that truly love is the greatest refreshment in life.

It's better to have an intelligent woman who isn't reasonable as a formal (business/political) partner rather than as a wife or intimate partner. If you have an intelligent woman who has crass and expedient personality as a wife, she will drain/ruin you, while if you have a reasonable (selfless, meek, unassuming and intellectually sound) woman as a wife, she will renew you, give you peace of mind and help you to grow exceptionally.

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: This Type Of Women Makes The Best Wives, Or Could I Be Wrong? by Mariangeles(f): 9:06am On Apr 21, 2020
MMotimo:

The last paragraph got me cracking grin

1 Like

Re: This Type Of Women Makes The Best Wives, Or Could I Be Wrong? by Mariangeles(f): 9:22am On Apr 21, 2020
Most men are intimidated by very intelligent women.

You see most nairaland males write about how dumb most females are with words poorly put together, you can barely make out anything, and you begin to think to yourself "the nerve...the audacity...by what standard does this simpleton measure intelligence? His?" undecided
The truth is men are more comfortable with a woman less intelligent than them to make them feel important.

12 Likes

Re: This Type Of Women Makes The Best Wives, Or Could I Be Wrong? by crackkhaus: 9:29am On Apr 21, 2020
Mariangeles:

You see most nairaland males write about how dumb most females are with words poorly put together, you can barely make out anything, and you begin to think to yourself "the nerve...the audacity...by what standard does this simpleton measure intelligence? His?" undecided
The truth is men are more comfortable with a woman less intelligent than them to make them feel important.

4 Likes

Re: This Type Of Women Makes The Best Wives, Or Could I Be Wrong? by ERCROSS(m): 9:34am On Apr 21, 2020
crackkhaus:

This is selflessness, not intelligence.

I was going to quote your OP to make the correction but decided to use hers as my way in.

What she listed and the things you talked about...those are attributes of selflessness, not intelligence.

An intelligent woman who is vainly conceited (usually covertly because she's intelligent) will NEVER be like the woman you people are describing.

Did you just say Arrogance? You might be mistaking being smart or being brilliant for being intelligent, sir.

In my own opinion, intelligent women are usually selfless, but the versa is not always true. And I think the reason is, intelligence, by default, comes with humility. Intelligent people (male and female) are usually open to learning. They often don't believe they know/have it all even if they do. They are mostly good listeners. They want to hear what you have to say and give their own opinion afterwards. You can read more about emotional intelligence, which is what l believe to be the most important type of intelligence. Arrogance is never one of the key attributes of emotional intelligence

This humility, as I've described above, is what is lacking in the type of woman you described, sir.

4 Likes

Re: This Type Of Women Makes The Best Wives, Or Could I Be Wrong? by ERCROSS(m): 9:40am On Apr 21, 2020
LordKO:
Reasonable vs intelligence - a reasonable woman (or man) is an intelligent woman, but not all intelligent women (or men) are reasonable. So, I don't agree with you. Seek ye a reasonable woman who has altruistic interest in you/who voluntarily has interest to pursue oneness with you, provided that you're a reasonable man and equally has altruistic interest in her, and treat her queenly.

It's better to have an intelligent woman who isn't reasonable as a formal (business/political) partner rather than as a wife or intimate partner. If you have an intelligent woman who has crass and expedient personality as a wife, she will drain/ruin you, while if you have a reasonable (selfless, meek, unassuming and intellectually sound) woman as a wife, she will renew you, give you peace of mind and help you to grow exceptionally.

Wowwwwww!!! Learned something new today. I like your perspective of view on this subject. You said, a reasonable woman (or man) is an intelligent woman, but not all intelligent women (or men) are reasonable. Do you mean to say "All reasonable women are intelligent?"

3 Likes

Re: This Type Of Women Makes The Best Wives, Or Could I Be Wrong? by crackkhaus: 9:48am On Apr 21, 2020
ERCROSS:

Did you just say Arrogance? You might be mistaking being smart or being brilliant for being intelligent, sir.

In my own opinion, intelligent women are usually selfless, but the versa is not always true. And I think the reason is, intelligence, by default, comes with humility. Intelligent people (male and female) are usually open to learning. They often don't believe they know/have it all even if they do. They are mostly good listeners. They want to hear what you have to say and give their own opinion afterwards. You can read more about emotional intelligence, which is what l believe to be the most important type of intelligence. Arrogance is never one of the key attributes of emotional intelligence

This humility, as I've described above, is what is lacking in the type of woman you described, sir.
First of all, I don't know what you're going on about. You seem to have flown off the handle.

Arrogance, humility... these words are nowhere to be found in my comment. Where did you manufacture them from?

Then you go on to say that intelligent women are usually selfless.
Is selflessness an attribute of intelligence?

A person can be intelligent and still be very selfish, but for someone to be selfless means they have a certain level of intelligence.

4 Likes

Re: This Type Of Women Makes The Best Wives, Or Could I Be Wrong? by LordKO(m): 9:49am On Apr 21, 2020
ERCROSS:

Wowwwwww!!! Learned something new today. I like your perspective of view on this subject. You said, a reasonable woman (or man) is an intelligent woman, but not all intelligent women (or men) are reasonable. Do you mean to say "All reasonable women are intelligent?"

Yes, all reasonable women (people) are intelligent. It takes a combination of sound intellect (intelligence), selflessness (good morality) and meekness (good psychological health) to make sound judgement - sound judgement is equal to fairness. Fairness is the hallmark of reasonableness/conscientiousness.

14 Likes

Re: This Type Of Women Makes The Best Wives, Or Could I Be Wrong? by ERCROSS(m): 10:04am On Apr 21, 2020
crackkhaus:

First of all, I don't know what you're going on about. You seem to have flown off the handle.

Arrogance, humility... these words are nowhere to be found in my comment. Where did you manufacture them from?

Then you go on to say that intelligent women are usually selfless.
Is selflessness an attribute of intelligence?

A person can be intelligent and still be very selfish, but for someone to be selfless means they have a certain level of intelligence.

Arrogance or pride is a synonym for the word conceited (my dictionary may be wrong tho), which you used in your comment . Humility is an antonym for pride/arrogance, a word I used to convey my point. So those two words didn't just appear from nowhere

However, I am here to learn and I took note of your word, "A person can be intelligent and still be very selfish". Maybe it's time I review my definition of intelligence. I might be getting it wrong like you've observed

2 Likes

Re: This Type Of Women Makes The Best Wives, Or Could I Be Wrong? by ERCROSS(m): 10:07am On Apr 21, 2020
@heiterkeit, wie geht's Ihnen? Wollen Sie keinen Kommentar hinterlassen?
Re: This Type Of Women Makes The Best Wives, Or Could I Be Wrong? by bukatyne2: 10:15am On Apr 21, 2020
MMotimo:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: This Type Of Women Makes The Best Wives, Or Could I Be Wrong? by crackkhaus: 10:16am On Apr 21, 2020
ERCROSS:

Arrogance or pride is a synonym for the word conceited (my dictionary may be wrong tho), which you used in your comment . Humility is an antonym for pride/arrogance, a word I used to convey my point. So those two words didn't just appear from nowhere.

However, I am here to learn and I took note of your word, "A person can be intelligent and still be very selfish". Maybe it's time I review my definition of intelligence. I might be getting it wrong like you've observed
Arrogance is not a direct synonym for conceit, they may have overlapping meanings in form but that's just about it.

The big difference is that while arrogance is an outward disposition, being conceited is an inwardly-directed feeling (only the person with the attribute can think it about themselves)

You can be conceited, but still act with impeccable humility outwardly.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Type Of Women Makes The Best Wives, Or Could I Be Wrong? by bukatyne2: 10:20am On Apr 21, 2020
LordKO:

Yes, all reasonable women (people) are intelligent. It takes a combination of sound intellect (intelligence), selflessness (good morality) and meekness (good psychological health) to make sound judgement - sound judgement is equal to fairness. Fairness is the hallmark of reasonableness/conscientiousness.

Hmmmmmmm.

100%

I think OP should revise topic to reasonable women and adopt this definition in the opening post.

7 Likes

Re: This Type Of Women Makes The Best Wives, Or Could I Be Wrong? by bukatyne2: 10:25am On Apr 21, 2020
Mariangeles:

@Bold:

First off, it is quite 'unintelligent' to compare intelligence. So a lady who already has the mindset of 'I am more intelligent than this guy' lacks emotional intelligence.

Secondly, an intelligent/reasonable lady would not be comfortable with a man who expects her to dump down to make him feel good. If she does end up with such, it means her intelligence is a waste.

2 Likes

Re: This Type Of Women Makes The Best Wives, Or Could I Be Wrong? by Mariangeles(f): 10:31am On Apr 21, 2020
bukatyne2:

@Bold:

First off, it is quite 'unintelligent' to compare intelligence. So a lady guy who already has the mindset of 'I am more intelligent than this guy lady' lacks emotional intelligence.

Secondly, an intelligent/reasonable lady would not be comfortable with a man who expects her to dump down to make him feel good. If she does end up with such, it means her intelligence is a waste.

Don't they all...?

2 Likes

Re: This Type Of Women Makes The Best Wives, Or Could I Be Wrong? by ERCROSS(m): 10:37am On Apr 21, 2020
Mariangeles:

The truth is men are more comfortable with a woman less intelligent than them to make them feel important .

Bros, I think you should avoid generalizing the bold. I am a man and exception to that, as there are many other men out there.

Your first paragraph, funny but so true.

1 Like

Re: This Type Of Women Makes The Best Wives, Or Could I Be Wrong? by ERCROSS(m): 10:38am On Apr 21, 2020
Mariangeles:

Don't they all...?
No, not all of us. And, you've not even met more half of us.
Re: This Type Of Women Makes The Best Wives, Or Could I Be Wrong? by Mariangeles(f): 10:39am On Apr 21, 2020
LordKO:
Reasonableness/conscientiousness vs intelligence - a reasonable woman (or man) is an intelligent woman, but not all intelligent women (or men) are reasonable. So, I don't agree with you. Seek ye a reasonable woman who has altruistic interest in you/who voluntarily has interest to pursue oneness with you, provided that you're a reasonable man and equally has altruistic interest in her, and treat her queenly - if you can achieve this feat, through experience you'll understand that truly love is the greatest refreshment in life.

You're not only reasonable, you're objective, fair and wise grin
Can I follow you? cheesy

6 Likes

Re: This Type Of Women Makes The Best Wives, Or Could I Be Wrong? by Nobody: 10:48am On Apr 21, 2020
Sapiosexual - one of the most massively overused words flying around these days. Am I the only one who dislikes the word? lol

2 Likes

Re: This Type Of Women Makes The Best Wives, Or Could I Be Wrong? by TrippleEEE: 11:04am On Apr 21, 2020
When you talk Intelligence, you can't take smartness and brilliance away. You'll be shooting yourself in the leg.

Intelligence generally is the ability to acquire and apply knowledge and skills.

There's a general intelligence which is called IQ. According to Wikipedia:
An intelligence quotient is a total score derived from a set of standardized tests or subtests designed to assess human intelligence.

There's another kind of intelligence. This is called Emotional intelligence. Emotional intelligence is the ability to recognise your feelings, as well as being able to control them and express them appropriately. It also means that you can empathise with people, and recognise their emotions as well as your own.

With a High IQ, you will be regarded as smart, brilliant, intelligent etc. It deals with matters that has to do with Logic. It can help problem solving , ideas creation , inventions, innovations , etc...

With a High EQ, you will be regarded as reasonable, selfless, patient, humble, normal, team player, wise etc.

Can one have a high IQ? And a low EQ? Oooh yes! You see them in smart scientists who don't take their bath, you see them in smart bosses who traumatise their employees. You see them in intelligent students who just don't care about their looks? Etc.

If you marry an Emotionally intelligent woman with an average IQ, you're set for life! EQ unlike IQ can be worked upon consciously.

I hope this helped.... grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Type Of Women Makes The Best Wives, Or Could I Be Wrong? by SweetCunt97(f): 11:56am On Apr 21, 2020
crackkhaus:

How many men can do this? 90 percent of account droppers here are guys so what's ur point. Keep on rubbing shoulders with ladies o

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Buy Scrap And Working Inveter Battery / PHOTOS: Fighting Couple Strip Naked In Public / I Used To Think Once Yr Rich, Yr Whole Family Will Be Comfortable

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.