Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,393 members, 7,826,517 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 03:25 PM

Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) - Foreign Affairs (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) (85825 Views)

Wild Boars Roam Israeli City Under Coronavirus Lockdown (pix) / Wild Goats Take Over Welsh Town Amid Coronavirus Lockdown (Pictures) / Michelle Obama Describes Her Family's Daily Routine During Coronavirus Lockdown (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) by Staphylococcus: 8:12am On Apr 21, 2020
dominusgai:

Sir, have you noticed something is missing in all these, the death rate outside Covid-19. Do you know even now currently with the corona virus deaths, the overall death rate now is lower than the average in all the places,

People die, and 42,000 death rate in 7 weeks was actually 857 deaths per day. Please do not take my word for it, google the normal death rates of those places before corona virus, tell me if it is lower or higher.

Are you saying 42k in seven weeks is healthy, with 13k + coming from one state. No... That's outrageous. It's not war.

1 Like

Re: Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) by apex6358: 8:13am On Apr 21, 2020
[color=#] 2358051[/color]
Re: Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) by Daroldigits: 8:13am On Apr 21, 2020
Everyone will know that you're a waste
IamPlato:
Please Pray For Europe And America, if They Get Better I Am Satisfied.

Nigerian Government Can Continue Twistin Things (one Day We Shall Separate The Fools from The Wise)

If Your Lockdown Is Called Off And They Are Still On Lockdown your Country Is Doomed, because Your Country Literally Imports Every Thing.

But Dont Worry, just Pray For America and Once They Get Better Nigeria Will Suddenly Get Better too, just Watch.
Re: Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) by Jeferious: 8:14am On Apr 21, 2020
[b][/b]
Ladyhippolyta88:

Shut up.

Na who dey alive and well dey talk of food complain of hunger.

When you get corona you nor go remember Hungvid-20 grin

Otondo
you don personally see person wey get coronavirus for this Nigeria? No lie give us abeg
Re: Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) by Krak(m): 8:16am On Apr 21, 2020
Greatken007:
Staying at home is the best approach to curb this pandemic but i think theirs has been over stretched. May God heal the universe.

If they stay at home the death toll would be between 60,000 and 150,000.

But if they do not stay at home the death toll could be as high as 2 million or more.

They should choose one.

2 Likes

Re: Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) by Jeferious: 8:18am On Apr 21, 2020
Vulcan24:

read broad ..... lots of countries are shunning lockdown so get ready to call them dumb
leave those people. Na follow follow dem be. Dem no get sense of their own as you see dem so.

1 Like

Re: Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) by Nobody: 8:18am On Apr 21, 2020
Staphylococcus:

You are sounding like Trump. Does impeachment hold him back from reading reports and taking decisive actions. Okay, Democrats attacked, didn't he finally ban and still allowed 40k travellers from China to the USA after ban was in place. It all came late.

He did what he should have done earlier without consultation. He will stop immigration to the USA today, did he get approval to do that or used his veto power? That's a cheap political excuse that impeachment held him back or people were complaining. Are people not complaining now.

It takes great skills to become a leader and scenarios like this only opens the weak and fragile. He is feared by his subordinates and why revelations won't come out now cos no one wants to be sacked. The fragility of his cabinet is exposed to all. Every one of them is extra ordinarily careful with his words.

You sound anti-Trump.

How I wish we have someone like hin in aso rock
Re: Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) by Ezmans: 8:19am On Apr 21, 2020
dokyOloye:
New info keeps emerging everyday.
In d end,d world might just make do with compulsory putting on of face mask and stringent hand hygiene.
Nigerian govt lockdown Logas, ogun, & Abuja but leave kano that is highly populated, now see kano is is sorry state People dying like fowl
Re: Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) by NaijaNaWaa: 8:20am On Apr 21, 2020
Susu888:
Who would've thought that the U.S.A had dumb people as well but

apart from that watch how some self made inferior ass lickers will praise this move while if it was done in naija they will criticize it like there is no tomorrow.

From the moment they elected an IDIOT as president, it became glaring that America is also a nation of ignoramuses.

3 Likes

Re: Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) by dominusgai(m): 8:21am On Apr 21, 2020
Staphylococcus:

You talking about the President of the US here. He does not require the Senate to do that. When he did, did he get approval. The political and media foolishness got America to where it stands today. That I can never dispute several Republicans, Democrats and Media outlets downplayed it. Trump ignored, downplayed and boasted about it to no avail. From 1 to 15, and now 42k in less than 6weeks.

Pelosi can blame the president, Coumo can, or anybody else. Who is Trump going to blame as the president? That's what he failed to realise and that Democrats are capitalising on. His failures. Economy grounded, stocks in a mess up, deficit piling up.

And Trump need open economy at the expense of human life's to clean up. It's not all about the economy. It's for political gains

Sir, if not for the news from Italy, Congress would have heard a bill limiting Trump's power from banning flights.

There is not much Trump can do outside Congress and Senate.

And would you guys stop this at the expense of human lives nonsense.

It is not the economy vs lives it is lives vs lives.
It is people committing suicides from loosing their homes and businesses as a result of the lockdown.

It is people divorcing and breaking homes as a result of the strain from the lockdown.

It is people unable to pay their medical bills and dying from a result of the lockdown.

It is people robbing from loosing their livelihood as a result of the lockdown.

As for Trump downplaying it, granted he knew by November, but here he was battling an impeachment, do you expect him to have closed the border during the impeachment battle and given the Democrats more arsenal to battle him with?

Please, can you give a solution he would have taken that the Democrats would not have blocked before now.

Here he was asking Americans to stay at home and follow CDC guidelines, but Pelosi went to Chinatown and told people, openly told people to disregard him. All the Democrats governors did the same thing. Did you notice that all the hotspots are in Democrat states and cities? The same Democrats that told their people to disregard Trump. Tell me, how should he have handled that?
Re: Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) by dominusgai(m): 8:23am On Apr 21, 2020
Staphylococcus:

Are you saying 42k in seven weeks is healthy, with 13k + coming from one state. No... That's outrageous. It's not war.

Sir, once again I ask that you do your research, do not take my word for it, check the average monthly death rates of the affected states.
Re: Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) by tpadua22(m): 8:26am On Apr 21, 2020
Sometimes I wonder why people would be saying that "lock down " is for our own good yet you are blind to see those who are in need in your immediate environment. The problem is not lock down, the problem is that people are suffering. If Nigerian government keep playing on the intelligent of its citizens, how do we survive lock down. Nigeria, the home of penury, where 70% of masses live on what they earn daily.
Re: Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) by reubenobi(m): 8:26am On Apr 21, 2020
Imperare:
I think trump is playing politics with this covid19
Keep thinking and don't stop!
Re: Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) by Nobody: 8:27am On Apr 21, 2020
Re: Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) by Staphylococcus: 8:27am On Apr 21, 2020
9jaDoomCountry:

You sound anti-Trump.

How I wish we have someone like hin in aso rock

Give me reasons why you like Trump. Don't get fake by what he tells you. 90% are lies.

Build a wall Mexico will pay for?
China tarriffs that consumers are paying for?
International diplomacy? America made more enemies under Trump

Immigration was the only thing he got right!

It's still a government for the rich.

1 Like

Re: Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) by seanwilliam(m): 8:28am On Apr 21, 2020
Orpe7:

Land of the free till you are a black man
Do you see blacks in the pics
Try it as a black and see if you don't get your ass arrested for something
you are a mumu man... tell me which white country a black has ever ruled or can be allowed to rule?
Re: Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) by doggedfighter(f): 8:28am On Apr 21, 2020
21cents:
look at that clown in dinosaur costume saying Bill gates wants us dead like him grin
Thank you, I was wondering what he's putting on. What does Bill Gates got to do with it?
Re: Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) by Ayt27(m): 8:29am On Apr 21, 2020
AngelicBeing:
Hian, wetin Lucifer dey find for Nairaland.com, like seriously grin

Same thing wey angelic being dey find ooo.

1 Like

Re: Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) by geezynoni: 8:29am On Apr 21, 2020
Susu888:

apart from that watch how some self made inferior ass lickers will praise this move while if it was done in naija they will criticize it like there is no tomorrow.
No Truer words

1 Like

Re: Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) by apex9173: 8:30am On Apr 21, 2020
[color=#] 1378315[/color]
Re: Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) by dominusgai(m): 8:30am On Apr 21, 2020
Staphylococcus:

You are sounding like Trump. Does impeachment hold him back from reading reports and taking decisive actions. Okay, Democrats attacked, didn't he finally ban and still allowed 40k travellers from China to the USA after ban was in place. It all came late.

He did what he should have done earlier without consultation. He will stop immigration to the USA today, did he get approval to do that or used his veto power? That's a cheap political excuse that impeachment held him back or people were complaining. Are people not complaining now.

It takes great skills to become a leader and scenarios like this only opens the weak and fragile. He is feared by his subordinates and why revelations won't come out now cos no one wants to be sacked. The fragility of his cabinet is exposed to all. Every one of them is extra ordinarily careful with his words.

Sir, imagine me telling you to drop your phone at home because someone might steal it later in the day. Will you listen to me? I don't think so, because while my concern is valid, I lack evidence.

Now imagine me telling you same thing after you have heard a gunshots in the area, would you listen to me? I think you would, because now, even though you have not been robbed, you have seen evidence that you could be robbed.

Sir, the only reason Trump could act on a later day without backlash from Congress was because at a later date there was evidence the disease was a threat. And even at that, Democrats brought a bill to the house wanting to remove that power from him.

There was nothing Trump could have done without sufficient evidence to support it, and as of November/December, the evidence was not just there. Without evidence. Veto power can be voted against. Did you really expect Trump not to lose a battle of Veto during an impeachment trial?

Come on now.
Re: Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) by DJInfluence: 8:31am On Apr 21, 2020
These are all Trump sheeps.

With the number of stupid Americans, i wonder how they managed to be a world power...... You have to listen to the interviews of some of these people to understand my point.

2 Likes

Re: Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) by rationalhuman(m): 8:31am On Apr 21, 2020
You are supposed to be Non United nation of Nigeria, Separate land for Christians (with not a single Stone age mentality religion People in it) and separate for Terror Supporters and then you will see Nigeria Progressing. See Transformation of India as a Global power and pathetic Bailout almost beggar like condition of Pakistan? This is an example for all of us.
Your president Buhari can not be a well wishers of all country, He is just there to serve his people only. Stop this Jihadi evil mentality from your country and you will reach your destiny.

Soar2019:

This is just the picture.. I watched the video..
it’s a long story Bross but I can give you a bit highlight
1. Population. Nigeria is Norway+Singapore + Congo + Lebanon + Libya + Hong Kong+ Denmark +Togo + Finland+Oman + Palestine +....14 other countries with population less than 8,000,000.... can u imagine one country with all these nations and different cultures, ways of lives/ orientation different religions coupled together and call it a Nation

Nigeria has more than 250 languages/culture ( what of India you may say?) the whites that ‘joined’ us together did so in their own interest .. check the facts...

Please don’t compare us with America .. that alone is part of the problem. Other reasons for another day.
If at all we should be a nation .. we are supposed to be ‘United Nations of Nigeria’ ( maybe)
Re: Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) by Glare247(m): 8:32am On Apr 21, 2020
seanwilliam:
America is truly land of free.. and some slowpoke would prefer chinese to them, some mumu wey no fit manage or supervise the conduct, performance or execution of matters in their family go come here kon dey tell trump how to govern America. dem mumu wey go rush America visa without thinking twice if given the opportunity.. but would always come nairaland to bash trump as if their dullard is doing well
Trash

1 Like

Re: Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) by Josephobaz1985: 8:32am On Apr 21, 2020
seanwilliam:
America is truly land of free.. and some slowpoke would prefer chinese to them, some mumu wey no fit manage or supervise the conduct, performance or execution of matters in their family go come here kon dey tell trump how to govern America. dem mumu wey go rush America visa without thinking twice if given the opportunity.. but would always come nairaland to bash trump as if their dullard is doing well
ignovance is not a rare commodity in the market. Half education is worst than ignorance. Is that Trump that built America? He was born to meet America great . He was only president yesterday .Buhari is a better president than Trump.
Re: Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) by Staphylococcus: 8:32am On Apr 21, 2020
dominusgai:

Sir, if not for the news from Italy, Congress would have heard a bill limiting Trump's power from banning flights.

There is not much Trump can do outside Congress and Senate.

And would you guys stop this at the expense of human lives nonsense.

It is not the economy vs lives it is lives vs lives.
It is people committing suicides from loosing their homes and businesses as a result of the lockdown.

It is people divorcing and breaking homes as a result of the strain from the lockdown.

It is people unable to pay their medical bills and dying from a result of the lockdown.

It is people robbing from loosing their livelihood as a result of the lockdown.

As for Trump downplaying it, granted he knew by November, but here he was battling an impeachment, do you expect him to have closed the border during the impeachment battle and given the Democrats more arsenal to battle him with?

Please, can you give a solution he would have taken that the Democrats would not have blocked before now.

Here he was asking Americans to stay at home and follow CDC guidelines, but Pelosi went to Chinatown and told people, openly told people to disregard him. All the Democrats governors did the same thing. Did you notice that all the hotspots are in Democrat states and cities? The same Democrats that told their people to disregard Trump. Tell me, how should he have handled that?

And of death rate spikes? What will be your conclusion. You didn't address that.

When did Democrats tell people to disregard Trump? Trump himself downplayed Corona before arrival. Toyed with it.

It's democracy. He has veto powers. Excluding bail out packages he got approval for, what other move has he made that he got approval? He uses same power.

So why the delay? He joked with it.

1 Like

Re: Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) by 21cents: 8:33am On Apr 21, 2020
doggedfighter:

Thank you, I was wondering what he's putting on. What does Bill Gates got to do with it?

hmmnn. I've read numerous conspiracy theories saying Bill gates wants to cashout from this PLANNEDemic. he wanna use his own vaccine for covid-19 cure. reason why he's creating fear to the cause.

but conspiracy theories to me are just mere speculations. no proof of his involvement in this.

2 Likes

Re: Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) by Denko2721987(m): 8:34am On Apr 21, 2020
ignis:

You know little or nothing about Coronavirus.

Hope you fully know cos even experts are having a hard time fully understanding its biology...
Re: Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) by AngelicBeing: 8:34am On Apr 21, 2020
Ayt27:

Same thing wey angelic being dey find ooo.

Hian shocked
Re: Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) by Digmygold: 8:35am On Apr 21, 2020
Susu888:

Very dumb and ignorant fools. They remind me of Ubunja They will spread this deadly virus like wild fire. When they start seeing dead bodies on the streets of America then they will have a brain reset and choose to stay indoors but then it may have been too late.

2 Likes

Re: Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) by Nobody: 8:35am On Apr 21, 2020
[s]
Thelucifer666:
Americans are only smart in their movies.
A first world country with third world citizens.
[/s]
Re: Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) by doggedfighter(f): 8:36am On Apr 21, 2020
21cents:

hmmnn. I've read numerous conspiracy theories saying Bill gates wants to cashout from this PLANNEDemic. he wanna use his own vaccine for covid-19 cure. reason why he's creating fear to the cause.

but conspiracy theories to me are just mere speculations. no proof of his involvement in this.
Oh I see, thanks again

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (18) (Reply)

Queen Elizabeth II: Flight carrying coffin most tracked plane in history (Pix) / Older Woman Who Took Prince Harry’s Virginity Says He Lasted Five Minutes (pics / New Photos Of Robert Mugabe, Former President Of Zimbabwe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.