Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,554 members, 7,770,427 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 10:35 AM

Jesse Jags Album Didnt Move 100k Units, Saucekid Was A Flop! - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Jesse Jags Album Didnt Move 100k Units, Saucekid Was A Flop! (4878 Views)

Had To Do This "songs from saucekid" / Durella & Africankings Beef Saucekid: Latest Nigerian Beef : This Is Fire ! / Never Judge A Book (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jesse Jags Album Didnt Move 100k Units, Saucekid Was A Flop! by tosinaded(m): 7:49pm On Jan 06, 2011
hehehe wahala dey. . .  this one wey Alaba dan enter twitter!
choc city no fit dey give us format chop again grin . . . .  30million this, 30mins that , all na format jor!
this one na straight from the horse's mouth o!

saucekid sef shocked i dey vex

Re: Jesse Jags Album Didnt Move 100k Units, Saucekid Was A Flop! by eldee(m): 7:53pm On Jan 06, 2011
Hehehe . . . make dem give us reports on M.I 2 if them born them well. cheesy
Re: Jesse Jags Album Didnt Move 100k Units, Saucekid Was A Flop! by tosinaded(m): 7:56pm On Jan 06, 2011
cant u see that his avatar is M.I.2 . . . that album is fetching him money!
Re: Jesse Jags Album Didnt Move 100k Units, Saucekid Was A Flop! by Mobinga: 8:14pm On Jan 06, 2011
grin grin grin grin grin Hahaahaha. grin grin grin grin

Tosyn? You get beef with Sauce?
Re: Jesse Jags Album Didnt Move 100k Units, Saucekid Was A Flop! by tosinaded(m): 8:17pm On Jan 06, 2011
Mobinga:

grin grin grin grin grin Hahaahaha. grin grin grin grin

Tosyn? You get beef with Sauce?

beeef? sauce na my homie!
am burnt that his album didnt move units
Re: Jesse Jags Album Didnt Move 100k Units, Saucekid Was A Flop! by dawhizkid1(m): 8:22pm On Jan 06, 2011
tosinaded@:

beeef? sauce na my homie!
am burnt that his album didnt move units
He didn't put in enuff work jor!
Re: Jesse Jags Album Didnt Move 100k Units, Saucekid Was A Flop! by rapjunkie(m): 8:23pm On Jan 06, 2011
so alaba don enter twitter? interesting. . . . .  . but this guy could say anything. . .   couldnt he?
Re: Jesse Jags Album Didnt Move 100k Units, Saucekid Was A Flop! by tosinaded(m): 8:23pm On Jan 06, 2011
da-whizkid:

He didn't put in enuff work jor!

my friend shut that gutter!
Re: Jesse Jags Album Didnt Move 100k Units, Saucekid Was A Flop! by asha80(m): 9:18pm On Jan 06, 2011
chai dem finish enter jesse jagz nyash  grin

as for sauce men the guy no like this exposure  cheesy

tosinaded@:

cant u see that his avatar is M.I.2  . . .  that album is fetching him money!

i heard the either iyk da don or obaino music or any of those alaba guys that MI had the agreement to market his album actually paid him(MI) off 20 million for MI2 album?
Re: Jesse Jags Album Didnt Move 100k Units, Saucekid Was A Flop! by eldee(m): 9:27pm On Jan 06, 2011
asha 80:

i heard the either iyk da don or obaino music or any of those alaba guys that MI had the agreement to market his album actually paid him(MI) off 20 million for MI2 album?

It was Abu Ventures online and International version not included . . . for them to give him 20mil, they must be looking to make about 200mil off the album.
Re: Jesse Jags Album Didnt Move 100k Units, Saucekid Was A Flop! by asha80(m): 10:21pm On Jan 06, 2011
eldee:

It was Abu Ventures online and International version not included . . . for them to give him 20mil, they must be looking to make about 200mil off the album.

Jeez no wonder those guys have so much money. lipsrsealed
Re: Jesse Jags Album Didnt Move 100k Units, Saucekid Was A Flop! by tayoast(m): 11:01pm On Jan 06, 2011
^^
Re: Jesse Jags Album Didnt Move 100k Units, Saucekid Was A Flop! by asha80(m): 11:16pm On Jan 06, 2011
tayo_ast:

^^

what is wrong with what i said?
Re: Jesse Jags Album Didnt Move 100k Units, Saucekid Was A Flop! by tayoast(m): 11:21pm On Jan 06, 2011
didnt get u, thats y
Re: Jesse Jags Album Didnt Move 100k Units, Saucekid Was A Flop! by asha80(m): 11:24pm On Jan 06, 2011
tayo_ast:

didnt get u, thats y

i am talking about alaba boys involved in cd distribution(pirates not withstanding)
Re: Jesse Jags Album Didnt Move 100k Units, Saucekid Was A Flop! by tayoast(m): 11:32pm On Jan 06, 2011
u cant reall call dem pirates.

Wat most of these artistes do is to SELL the ,aster to alaba bois DIRECTLY.

Thats y most of dem(artistes) dont care abt figures
Re: Jesse Jags Album Didnt Move 100k Units, Saucekid Was A Flop! by Kinezeala(m): 11:42pm On Jan 06, 2011
Oh no ! Why sauce kid ? Men this is not fair!
Re: Jesse Jags Album Didnt Move 100k Units, Saucekid Was A Flop! by tayoast(m): 11:47pm On Jan 06, 2011
cheesy cheesy
Re: Jesse Jags Album Didnt Move 100k Units, Saucekid Was A Flop! by asha80(m): 11:49pm On Jan 06, 2011
tayo_ast:

u cant reall call dem pirates.

Wat most of these artistes do is to SELL the ,aster to alaba bois DIRECTLY.

Thats y most of dem(artistes) dont care abt figures

ok  wink

Kinezeala:

Oh no ! Why sauce kid ? Men this is not fair!

Guy no be by sinzu is sinzu joh  grin
Re: Jesse Jags Album Didnt Move 100k Units, Saucekid Was A Flop! by tayoast(m): 11:56pm On Jan 06, 2011
^^sinzu's up there too
Re: Jesse Jags Album Didnt Move 100k Units, Saucekid Was A Flop! by semid4lyfe(m): 12:10am On Jan 07, 2011
Can't say I'm surprised SK''s album flopped in terms of sales grin
Re: Jesse Jags Album Didnt Move 100k Units, Saucekid Was A Flop! by MrMurdah: 12:11am On Jan 07, 2011
Jesse, a final reason why you should stick to producing.

On 2nd thots, we need a stronger verification about this guy.

I could easily cause chaos under the alias Boko Haram Ninja and tweet where bombs would go off next.
Re: Jesse Jags Album Didnt Move 100k Units, Saucekid Was A Flop! by 04kaa: 9:19am On Jan 07, 2011
even a fool knows that most 2010 albums are flop , personally i was dissapointed in some artists albums that i like, only MI2 is worthy of distribution
Re: Jesse Jags Album Didnt Move 100k Units, Saucekid Was A Flop! by Teasertube: 10:26am On Jan 07, 2011
I think the major reason for the flop is the kinda hype that goes b4 the album. They've mastered the act of over hyping like our home vidoes, lol,
but the actual works of these artistes (Jess n Sinzu) were great, see there materials here www.teasertube.net

And we are not totally sure about the true identity of this Alaba guy on twitter.
get musically updated www.teasertube.net
Re: Jesse Jags Album Didnt Move 100k Units, Saucekid Was A Flop! by 04kaa: 11:20am On Jan 07, 2011
Teasertube:

I think the major reason for the flop is the kinda hype that goes b4 the album.

And we are not totally sure about the true identity of this Alaba guy on twitter.

lol
Re: Jesse Jags Album Didnt Move 100k Units, Saucekid Was A Flop! by audio: 12:18pm On Jan 07, 2011
As everyone knows, in the music business, there's a big difference between hype and actual sales. You don't listen to hype on your phone or ipod or in your car. It's the music. Even if a song has the best video (ie Dipp) if the songs are shit, their shit.
Take Eminem, never releases any club bangers, but still had the best selling album in the US last year. This is because he makes music that connects directly with the buyer
Don't get sucked into this Internet hype. People spreading rumour and 1000 retweets and all that crap. When the time comes to buy the music, people buy the one they really like.

I'm not surprised about saucekid. Half the time, i have no idea what he's saying and he's lyrics and songs have very little repeat value (Tosinaded, this is my own personal opinion before you start your normal insults and you're a hater gist), which is essential for album buying as you'll expect to play it more than once.

Anyway, until the business is regulated and there is an official chart show, i won't pay too much attention. Alaba buys the album and pays upfront, so the artist has already made his money. Alaba are the ones who really lose or gain in the end financially
Re: Jesse Jags Album Didnt Move 100k Units, Saucekid Was A Flop! by Deprinz(m): 12:23pm On Jan 07, 2011
[table]As everyone knows, in the music business, there's a big difference between hype and actual sales. You don't listen to hype on your phone or ipod or in your car. It's the music. Even if a song has the best video (ie Dipp) if the songs are poo, their poo.
Take Eminem, never releases any club bangers, but still had the best selling album in the US last year. This is because he makes music that connects directly with the buyer
Don't get sucked into this Internet hype. People spreading rumour and 1000 retweets and all that crap. When the time comes to buy the music, people buy the one they really like.

[/table]

Well said
Re: Jesse Jags Album Didnt Move 100k Units, Saucekid Was A Flop! by slimshay(m): 12:37pm On Jan 07, 2011
Asides name, and quality of music, part of what Alaba looks at before the sign that cheque is the buzz aka HYPE around the artiste at the time.

It will help people understand some gimmicks artistes pull prior to dropping albums.
Re: Jesse Jags Album Didnt Move 100k Units, Saucekid Was A Flop! by eldee(m): 1:14pm On Jan 07, 2011
audio:

Eminem invented hype. . . don't even go there.
Re: Jesse Jags Album Didnt Move 100k Units, Saucekid Was A Flop! by ElRazur: 1:28pm On Jan 07, 2011
eldee:

Dr Dre made him. grin

NWA made Dr Dre

World Wrecking crew made

Dre. grin

Me I don't know what the fuss is about. There is enough room for all to co-exist.

If your album is not selling then re-strategize, do shows or something and come out with what people perhaps want or what may sell?

There is really no room for this beefs and counter beefs, and who is better than who or who sells the most in my opinion.

Taylor swift and those unknown country singers (Unknown to us lovers of hiphop) barely beef but still shift. We may need to look into that.
Re: Jesse Jags Album Didnt Move 100k Units, Saucekid Was A Flop! by tosinaded(m): 1:41pm On Jan 07, 2011
Audio wetin happen?
Re: Jesse Jags Album Didnt Move 100k Units, Saucekid Was A Flop! by audio: 3:18pm On Jan 07, 2011
slimshay:

Asides name, and quality of music, part of what Alaba looks at before the sign that cheque is the buzz aka HYPE around the artiste at the time.

It will help people understand some gimmicks artistes pull prior to dropping albums.

That's a good point. Hype is important. It makes people pay attention when your album comes out. But these days, you've already heard half the album before it is released, so most people have a rough idea what they'll be getting and have made up their minds. When 9ice dropped gongo Aso 1st and then Street credibility after that, most people were already dying to get the album. The music created the hype. Not the other way round.

eldee:

Eldee, you didn't even understand my point. Please re read earlier comment.

ElRazur:

Dr Dre made him. grin

NWA made Dr Dre

World Wrecking crew made

Dre. grin

Me I don't know what the fuss is about. There is enough room for all to co-exist.

If your album is not selling then re-strategize, do shows or something and come out with what people perhaps want or what may sell?

There is really no room for this beefs and counter beefs, and who is better than who or who sells the most in my opinion.

Taylor swift and those unknown country singers (Unknown to us lovers of hiphop) barely beef but still shift. We may need to look into that.

Who is talking about Beef now? Music is a business, so it matters how many units are being shifted. Do you know how much money storm spent promoting SauceKids album or Choclate ciy on Jagz of all trades? It's not small money. Next Jesse Jagz album, Alaba will say, after all the hype, it didn't sell and they won't want to pay the big bucks.

tosinaded@:

Audio wetin happen?

As par wetin bros?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dj Mixtape - Best Of Falz Mix 2019 (by Dj Plentysongz) / Latest Mixtape: Best Of Wizkid Saying Happy Birthday_to_djfanes – (2018 Edition) / Storm Records!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.