Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,088 members, 7,818,265 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:27 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 4 - Travel (354) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 4 (932707 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (351) (352) (353) (354) (355) (356) (357) ... (437) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by kezzy09: 2:32pm On Aug 11, 2023
mane48:
pls how will i check u.s visa appointment date

You can only ascess it from your own dashboard the calendar is opened for you to check. But ascess time is limited

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Talia72: 3:22pm On Aug 11, 2023
Hi all,
I have been on this page since April this year because I wanted to give birth in the US, my Edd is next month.
Been looking for an appointment date since April and finally got last week for yesterday in Lagos.
Went to the embassy for my interview even though I am 36weeks gone, I had to wear a big gown to cover my bump to an extent.
I applied for myself and my aunt to accompany me since my mum who has a valid US visa is currently busy and won’t be able to travel with me.
The VO asked me who was my aunt to me and I explained then she only asked why I was going to the US, I told her to obtain medical care to birth my child and she asked why? Told her because they have better healthcare services.
The next thing she said was that there’s a 2020 law that says pregnant women shouldn’t be allowed to come their child in the US and I said there’s no such law, she then went further to say she can’t give me visa except I have a medical condition.
That was why I was denied visa.
I am so devasted because I have travelled to Uk severally and I had a U.S. visa gotten from Uk that I didn’t use and expired in 2020 due to Covid.
I had my documents complete but she didn’t even ask for any and the interview was less than 2minutes.
I don’t even know how to feel.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by knicks231: 5:48pm On Aug 11, 2023
Talia72:
Hi all,
I have been on this page since April this year because I wanted to give birth in the US, my Edd is next month.
Been looking for an appointment date since April and finally got last week for yesterday in Lagos.
Went to the embassy for my interview even though I am 36weeks gone, I had to wear a big gown to cover my bump to an extent.
I applied for myself and my aunt to accompany me since my mum who has a valid US visa is currently busy and won’t be able to travel with me.
The VO asked me who was my aunt to me and I explained then she only asked why I was going to the US, I told her to obtain medical care to birth my child and she asked why? Told her because they have better healthcare services.
The next thing she said was that there’s a 2020 law that says pregnant women shouldn’t be allowed to come their child in the US and I said there’s no such law, she then went further to say she can’t give me visa except I have a medical condition.
I am so devasted because I have travelled to Uk severally and I had a U.S. visa gotten from Uk that I didn’t use and expired in 2020 due to Covid.
I had my documents complete but she didn’t even ask for any and the interview was less than 2minutes.

You could have applied for Dropbox, since you had a valid visa you didn’t use, they would only have called you for interview since you didn’t make use of the visa, and giving birth couldn’t have been the front burner for your visa application.

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 11:35pm On Aug 11, 2023
Talia72:
Hi all,

There is a law against birthing in the US. The VO is right. You never stood a chance at all.

S.17 — 117th Congress (2021-2022)
Ban Birth Tourism Act
This bill provides statutory authority for the ban on admitting an alien into the United States as a nonimmigrant if the alien's primary purpose for entering is to give birth to a child in the United States in order to obtain U.S. citizenship for that child.

5 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by TWoods(m): 4:08am On Aug 12, 2023
fkj950ax:

There is a law against birthing in the US. The VO is right. You never stood a chance at all.

Ban Birth Tourism Act
This bill provides statutory authority for the ban on admitting an alien into the United States as a nonimmigrant if the alien's primary purpose for entering is to give birth to a child in the United States in order to obtain U.S. citizenship for that child.

No such law exists. S.17 was introduced in the Senate but never went beyond the first reading. Considering the House was in Democrat hands then, S.17 was dead on arrival.

However, a State Department rule states birth tourism is an impermissible reason to obtain a US visa. The VO was right and it was foolish to argue with her about her own country's laws.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Debbieeeeeee: 9:41am On Aug 12, 2023
fkj950ax:

Ban Birth Tourism Act
A bill is not a law until it passes all the vetting and deliberation stages and it is assented to. Just to add, this bill never became law.
By the way I told the officer that my sole purpose of getting in during my last travel was to have my baby and he asked me how long I was staying I told him 12 weeks, he had zero issues whatsoever and it was a breeze.
I have renewed my visa also.

Also, gone are the days we strolled into the embassy and we just say I’m going to have my baby and they grant visa solely for that purpose, all that easy era has gone because of a few people who broke and burnt the bridge after crossing it to have theirs. It’ll be pretty difficult to procure a visa for a first timer who has never been to the usa or had a never used visa and wants to renew to go solely for the purpose of birthing. Nothing is impossible but it’ll be pretty difficult.

6 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Debbieeeeeee: 9:42am On Aug 12, 2023
TWoods:

No such law exists. S.17 was introduced in the Senate but never went beyond the first reading. Considering the House was in Democrat hands then, S.17 was dead on arrival.

However, a State Department rule states birth tourism is an impermissible reason to obtain a US visa. The VO was right and it was foolish to argue with her about her own country's laws.
I co-agree!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by desy24444(m): 8:00pm On Aug 12, 2023
I have a question. I see this screen anytime I try to book an appointment for interview. It's a b1/b2 class visa

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Malevonent: 8:04pm On Aug 12, 2023
Talia72:
Hi all,

too bad, sorry for the disappointment. guess you werent on the US birthing thread. you would have known that your chances were pretty slim, from the get go.

to birth in the usa now, you gotta be very strategic and tactical...gone are the days of hiding, or wearing big gowns etc....even if you somehow escape and suceed, they would be waiting for you during ur next visa renewal.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by nwauwa(m): 8:09pm On Aug 12, 2023
Talia72:
Hi all,
U QUALIFIED FOR DROPBOX,WHY DIDNT U SIMPLY USE it since april that u were searching for dates?if only u asked here since ,so sorry

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by kezzy09: 11:07pm On Aug 12, 2023
desy24444:
I have a question. I see this screen anytime I try to book an appointment for interview. It's a b1/b2 class visa

Just wait a mail will be sent to you to commence with your scheduling of appointments.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Dracoe(m): 11:41pm On Aug 12, 2023
Hi guys, so I already got an appointment for Feb 2024 but I would want to change somethings on my DS160.
If I fill in a new one can I just update my profile on the ustraveldocs portal?
And also would it affect my appointment date ? Or anything else ?

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by chrisaham: 8:04am On Aug 13, 2023
Hello house, how many times can i reschedule appointment and at what interval.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by BlessedABee: 1:05pm On Aug 13, 2023
Her last visa was issued in UK. If she is applying from Nigeria, I doubt she qualifies for Dropbox (this is because it is one of the questions for applying for Dropbox in Nigeria).

nwauwa:

U QUALIFIED FOR DROPBOX,WHY DIDNT U SIMPLY USE it since april that u were searching for dates?if only u asked here since ,so sorry

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by knicks231: 1:23pm On Aug 13, 2023
BlessedABee:
Her last visa was issued in UK. If she is applying from Nigeria, I doubt she qualifies for Dropbox (this is because it is one of the questions for applying for Dropbox in Nigeria).

My last visa was issued in Belfast, Uk I applied and I got in Nigeria, also with two other of my colleagues that went to school in UK then.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Debbieeeeeee: 2:51pm On Aug 13, 2023
knicks231:

My last visa was issued in Belfast, Uk I applied and I got in Nigeria, also with two other of my colleagues that went to school in UK then.
For her to qualify for Dropbox in Nigeria, her last visa must have been issued in Nigeria, same classification as her current application; and was a full validity, multiple entry visa.
The reason she got bounced this time was because she applied solely for the purpose of child birth.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by nwauwa(m): 3:03pm On Aug 13, 2023
BlessedABee:

ok.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by knicks231: 4:23pm On Aug 13, 2023
Debbieeeeeee:

For her to qualify for Dropbox in Nigeria, her last visa must have been issued in Nigeria, same classification as her current application; and was a full validity, multiple entry visa.
The reason she got bounced this time was because she applied solely for the purpose of child birth.
My first and previous in same category ofvisa was issued in Belfast, United Kingdom and it expired in 2020, when I applied here in Nigeria like my other two (2) colleagues that applied in United Kingdom. So it doesn’t mean if you were not issued previously in Nigeria you won’t be qualified for Dropbox.

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Debbieeeeeee: 6:29pm On Aug 13, 2023
knicks231:

My first and previous in same category ofvisa was issued in Belfast, United Kingdom and it expired in 2020, when I applied here in Nigeria like my other two (2) colleagues that applied in United Kingdom. So it doesn’t mean if you were not issued previously in Nigeria you won’t be qualified for Dropbox.
The rule as of 2022 till date is what I’m quoting

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by KquinFaith: 9:59pm On Aug 13, 2023
Hello house, I got an appointment for Aril 2025 and I want to reschedule my appointment,but my dashboard has not been bringing date, what can I do?
Secondly, any news with the new portal rumor of a thing?

kezzy09:
Saw July 1st 2024 just now

Pls if any one sees appointment for Feb 2024 should post please. Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by knicks231: 11:19pm On Aug 13, 2023
Debbieeeeeee:

The rule as of 2022 till date is what I’m quoting
I am saying I had was previously issued in Belfast and now got in Nigeria, through Dropbox you are still arguing, I have two other persons who also got there’s you are quoting rules. I leave it here.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by deegalaxy(m): 2:33am On Aug 14, 2023

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Ennyniola: 12:32pm On Aug 14, 2023
[quote author=Omeniebele post=124314798][/quote]Good morning everyone please I need someone to coach me for my f1 visa interview which is coming up next month 13 I want someone to help me out and prepare so well before the date.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Dansakimotors: 12:37pm On Aug 14, 2023
Hello House,
Advice urgently needed. I have been trying to get a suitable date for interview for later in the year but unfortunately the best i could get was May 6, 2024, which would not work for me. I noticed of recent that the option to reschedule my appointment as been removed from my dashboard. All i now see is Cancel appointment.
Question 1
Is that what is happening now, or is just peculiar to me
Question 2
If i cancel, whats the assurance i would get a better date

Question,
What is the date range currently on display.

I look forward to hearing from you.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by KquinFaith: 2:41pm On Aug 14, 2023
deegalaxy:

Thanks for your response, I thought as much. But is there anyone that had a similar experience with me regarding the dashboard not bringing up dates?

New portal ke.... is fraud
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Dracoe(m): 9:14pm On Aug 14, 2023
Dracoe:
Hi guys, so I already got an appointment for Feb 2024 but I would want to change somethings on my DS160.
If I fill in a new one can I just update my profile on the ustraveldocs portal?
And also would it affect my appointment date ? Or anything else ?
Anyone ??
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Cashmadam: 10:32pm On Aug 14, 2023
DJ28:
For Fresh applicants.
If you want to reschedule your appointment, there are dates in February 2024.

My daughter has a visa interview. Can she drive herself there and will she be allowed to take her car key into the embassy? I've never driven myself to the Embassy so I need advise. Thank you
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by kezzy09: 12:54am On Aug 15, 2023
[quote author=Dansakimotors post=125101443]Hello House,
Advice urgently needed. I have been trying to get a suitable date for interview for later in the year but unfortunately the best i could get was May 6

As at tonight when I checked there is no provision to reschedule on the dashboard I remember thus happened 2 weeks ago but was later reopen. Just keep checking
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by kezzy09: 6:49pm On Aug 15, 2023
Cashmadam:

My daughter has a visa interview. Can she drive herself there and will she be allowed to take her car key into the embassy? I've never driven myself to the Embassy so I need advise. Thank you

She can drive down but can't take her keys inside there are provisions to drop off your personal belongings with paid services.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by kezzy09: 6:54pm On Aug 15, 2023
Pls do anyone know if I can use my domiciliary account statement for my visa interview together with my Nigeria account.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Ess: 9:06pm On Aug 15, 2023
kezzy09:
Pls do anyone know if I can use my domiciliary account statement for my visa interview together with my Nigeria account.

You most likely will not use the statement (99%). The US dont request for documents unless in rare cases.

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Unlettered: 9:30pm On Aug 15, 2023
Hello house, urgent please, i need a date for this week. If there is anyone available to assist.

(1) (2) (3) ... (351) (352) (353) (354) (355) (356) (357) ... (437) (Reply)

Studying In Finland (free Tuition) / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.