Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,100 members, 7,818,287 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:02 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 4 - Travel (390) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 4 (932735 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (387) (388) (389) (390) (391) (392) (393) ... (437) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Bigolly(m): 5:56am On Dec 17, 2023
NewBoyKhashoggi:

Hey 🤠

It's normal . In the morning of every Interview days , the expectation of the embassy is to retain your travel Passport before issuing visa , in that case they make it a policy to input the system to display the inscription..YOUR PASSPORT IS STILL WITH THE EMBASSY ...

So , if your visa is denied or approved , it will still display same until about 2 to 3 days.

Therefore, the system will rearrange itself . There is no mix up anywhere . She can go and reapply if she want . Or log out of her CGI till she has any other thing to do there again.

Best Wishes 🙏

Okay thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by ide2012: 7:15am On Dec 17, 2023
Hello House- My parent is going for her interview this week but her passport renewal is taking longer than expected- Can she go for the b1/b2 interview with only 4 months left on her old passport and explain to the VO that she has documentation of renewal in process?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Debbieeeeeee: 8:09am On Dec 17, 2023
ide2012:
Hello House- My parent is going for her interview this week but her passport renewal is taking longer than expected- Can she go for the b1/b2 interview with only 4 months left on her old passport and explain to the VO that she has documentation of renewal in process?
No, she wont be let in with a passport of less than 6 months validity. If she has captured for her new passport let her go to servicom office right there in the immigration place she captured and show them her documentation for this interview, just plead with them they’ll help her. Also you may want to track it online to be sure it’s not out yet, just try to get the new passport. Not less than 6 months validity is the rule for the embassies.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by NewBoyKhashoggi(m): 10:02am On Dec 17, 2023
ide2012:

Hey 🤠

1. Yes , the travel passport validity rule is 6-Months , therefore they won't allow Mama in.

2. Why not Reschedule her appointment and allow Mama to enjoy Xmas and New Year in Nigeria ?

3. If Mama must attend by ALL MEANS then go back to passport office and explain to them, she will get her passport before then but na pocket ooooo 😊

Best Wishes 🙏

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Bigolly(m): 3:34pm On Dec 17, 2023
fkj950ax:

Give it time. It will be updated accordingly based on the decision of the interview

Okay thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by damkanlinsin(m): 10:02am On Dec 18, 2023
Please I need a very good immigration lawyer that can appeal a refusal.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Dracoe(m): 10:39am On Dec 18, 2023
I’ve not been able to get a nearer date since when I have been checking for over a month now, is this just me ? Current date is January 2025

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by mane48: 1:17pm On Dec 18, 2023
Dracoe:
I’ve not been able to get a nearer date since when I have been checking for over a month now, is this just me ? Current date is January 2025
nawa for them
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 1:19pm On Dec 18, 2023
damkanlinsin:
Please I need a very good immigration lawyer that can appeal a refusal.
There is no legal grounds to appeal a visit visa denial. It’s solely at the discretion of the VO.
Appeals are usually with other categories because they have education or familial dynamics.

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Spanishmilf(m): 10:12am On Dec 21, 2023
is it possible this date booking comes back to normal? in the past we don’t need to wait years to getva date. this is insane

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by DrHippocampus: 9:06pm On Dec 21, 2023
Hi everyone. Good evening.

My visa application was completed sometime in May 2023, and I got at appointment for February 2024. I read somewhere that if your application is > 6 months from your initial submission, it becomes invalid. Please how true is this statement? Do I really have to fill another DS 160 form? Hope this wouldn't affect my date if I do.

In anticipation of a response

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by hunee: 5:02am On Dec 22, 2023
bros, call the embassy for these kind of things. You still need a confirmation from the embassy even if someone says otherwise. so do the needful by calling and get back to us.
DrHippocampus:
Hi everyone. Good evening.

My visa application was completed sometime in May 2023, and I got at appointment for February 2024. I read somewhere that if your application is > 6 months from your initial submission, it becomes invalid. Please how true is this statement? Do I really have to fill another DS 160 form? Hope this wouldn't affect my date if I do.

In anticipation of a response
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 6:49am On Dec 22, 2023
Abubakarolat:

First and foremost it's allowed to appeal but make
There is no appeal for a B1/B2 Refusal
https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/visa-denials.html
damkanlinsin:

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 6:50am On Dec 22, 2023
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by DrHippocampus: 11:21am On Dec 22, 2023
ArinzeAminuBOYS:

HALLO !

Fill another DS 160 and after that update it on your CGI . This process will not affect your current appointment , you are not doing anything with your appointment but you are only updating . Don't call any CGI help line . Will CGI help you to fill another DS 160 and input all your detail on it ??

After you have filled the DS 160, login to your cgi portal and click on update profile , type your new DS 160 confirmation and click save. Login back to your cgi portal after 2 days to RE-PRINT your appointment confirmation letter . Your appointment letter will shows the new DS 160 number ..PERIOD !

HAVE A NICE DAY .

Thanks for the response

I still have an issue.

There's no room in the CGI portal to update my profile (screen shot included). Every tab I click directs me to an empty page which says "not found". The only tabs that opens are the "appointment confirmation" and "change document delivery" tabs

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by damkanlinsin(m): 10:49pm On Dec 22, 2023
Abubakarolat:

First and foremost it's allowed to appeal but make sure Al your documents are Intact and genuine and also try and get a good lawyer even though I can refer one to you

But note : thera alot of scammers and fake agent , claiming to be travel agent please be careful

Incase you need some of the visa application documents like flight reservation, hotel reservation, travel health insurance , cover letter writing and appointment date I can be of help as this is where most people fall in the hand of the fake agent

Please help to forward in other for people not to fall a victim of fake agent again cause it's not easy

All my documents are legit and can you please share me the lawyers contact thank you.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by damkanlinsin(m): 10:51pm On Dec 22, 2023
fkj950ax:

There is no appeal for a B1/B2 Refusal
https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/visa-denials.html

My appeal is for France visa not us visa
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 11:33pm On Dec 22, 2023
damkanlinsin:

My appeal is for France visa not us visa

The importance of clarity in communication is as important as the message

6 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by brotherfranklyn: 4:47pm On Dec 25, 2023
Merry Christmas guys.

I am processing USA B1/B2 from UK.
We have two kids delivered here in the UK.

Do they need to have Nigerian passport to apply for the B1/B2? or will UK brp alone be OK, as both of them were born in the UK. Also must they use Nigerian passport to enter the USA? Or is there any kind of transit visa for kids.

FYI. My wife, I as well as my first issue have valid Nigerian passport and brp.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Opeyemi007: 5:53pm On Dec 25, 2023
They’ll need naija passports since they do not have British passports.
brotherfranklyn:
Merry Christmas guys.

Do they need to have Nigerian passport to apply for the B1/B2? or will UK brp alone be OK, as both of them were born in the UK. Also must they use Nigerian passport to enter the USA? Or is there any kind of transit visa for kids.

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by teabully(m): 3:52am On Dec 26, 2023
brotherfranklyn:
Merry Christmas guys.

what kind of BRP, student or work?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Jovieeee(f): 10:39am On Dec 26, 2023
Hello , please I noticed that my middle name was reflecting as my last name on the CGI portal. Please how do I correct this. Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by AvaDaisy(f): 11:16am On Dec 26, 2023
I’ll advise you to place a call to the call center during work hours. They should be able to help you resolve this.

Jovieeee:
Hello , please I noticed that my middle name was reflecting as my last name on the CGI portal. Please how do I correct this. Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Jovieeee(f): 11:50am On Dec 26, 2023
[quote author=AvaDaisy post=127631112]I’ll advise you to place a call to the call center during work hours. They should be able to help you resolve this.

Thank you for your prompt response 🙏🏾
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by brotherfranklyn: 3:21pm On Dec 26, 2023
teabully:
what kind of BRP, student or work?

Post study work visa.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by JohnZak: 6:43pm On Dec 26, 2023
Hi everyone,

I want to renew my mum’s B1/B2 US visa. Her current B1/B2 visa expires soon so she qualifies for IW. I would like to know how long it takes to get an IW date after her application is submitted. Does anyone have any idea based on their own experience? Thanks!

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by teabully(m): 11:25pm On Dec 26, 2023
brotherfranklyn:

Post study work visa.
nice. Have U filled ds160 form
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by dozie656(m): 1:43am On Dec 27, 2023
Please can you resend the links
ladylco:

ABUJA

https:///+YZPBLCNMZMo3Yzg0

LAGOS

https:///USVISAIW

(1) (2) (3) ... (387) (388) (389) (390) (391) (392) (393) ... (437) (Reply)

Studying In Finland (free Tuition) / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2

Viewing this topic: MrMagnetic and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.