Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,293 members, 7,829,670 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:21 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 4 - Travel (435) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 4 (943221 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (432) (433) (434) (435) (436) (437) (438) ... (440) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by flourishing247: 10:31pm On Apr 28
emmaodet:

Thanks very much brother.
I tried not putting the flight details in the DS-160 form but the form won't save and go to the next page.
That is the problem else wouldn't have been bothered about it

That should be intended date of travel. You must put a date before you can move to the next page.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by flavann: 10:26am On Apr 29
I was at the embassy last week Thursday for interview, and the consular approved my Visa... this morning i login to my profile and i was told to schedule for another appointment for 221g, what could be the problem? after first interview and this is not drop box.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by platinumford: 11:22am On Apr 29
Wow. Sorry to hear this. Maybe they have more questions to ask you. I am sure after they clarify things you will be approved your visa. Where was your interview - abuja or lagos? When is the earliest appointment for your 221g?

flavann:
I was at the embassy last week Thursday for interview, and the consular approved my Visa... this morning i login to my profile and i was told to schedule for another appointment for 221g, what could be the problem? after first interview and this is not drop box.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by OyoTunjiUSA(m): 11:56am On Apr 29
flavann:

Hey 🀠

1. Your visa was not approved but the consular officer approved the passing on to the next step (USCIS) of your Travel Passport for cross checking acurate data-information b4 the final approval .

2. If the consular did congratulated you after your interview on that 1st day, then he/she actually did that via human error (fatigue or hastiness) and forgot to hand you the 221g slip.

3. Well , its still a hopeful situation since your passport was retained because the consular officer anticipates your visa will be granted but something is preventing the CO from making the final decision.

4. The 221g is self-explanatory. Follow what is written there and you should know what do to.
Your visa is however hanging half-way at this state , nobody , not even the 1st consular who interviewed you can now determined the outcome. But be positive .

Best Wishes πŸ™
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by flavann: 12:45pm On Apr 29
thank you for your reply, havent gotten the 221g slip cause my passport is yet to be return, i just login to my profile and discover a follow up appointment is activated for me to book. the consular did say i will approved your visa and have a nice trip.

OyoTunjiUSA:

Hey 🀠

1. Your visa was not approved but the consular officer approved the passing on to the next step (USCIS) of your Travel Passport for cross checking acurate data-information b4 the final approval .

2. If the consular did congratulated you after your interview on that 1st day, then he/she actually did that via human error (fatigue or hastiness) and forgot to hand you the 221g slip.

3. Well , its still a hopeful situation since your passport was retained because the consular officer anticipates your visa will be granted but something is preventing the CO from making the final decision.

4. The 221g is self-explanatory. Follow what is written there and you should know what do to.
Your visa is however hanging half-way at this state , nobody , not even the 1st consular who interviewed you can now determined the outcome. But be positive .

Best Wishes πŸ™
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by LadyCaplin: 12:49pm On Apr 29
Do you mind sharing your interview transcript as a guide?

quote author=flavann post=129691014] I was at the embassy last week Thursday for interview, and the consular approved my Visa... this morning i login to my profile and i was told to schedule for another appointment for 221g, what could be the problem? after first interview and this is not drop box.[/quote]

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by OyoTunjiUSA(m): 2:39pm On Apr 29
flavann:
thank you for your reply, havent gotten the 221g slip cause my passport is yet to be return, i just login to my profile and discover a follow up appointment is activated for me to book. the consular did say i will approved your visa and have a nice trip.

Hey 🀠

1. In that case you may not get the 221g slip again because It seems your follow up interview is a verbal aptitude oriented.

2. Email (via feedback option) or call the CGI for better clarification if additional or missing documents are needed. But i don't think they need you to come along with any supporting documents otherwise they would have stated it.

3. In this respect , flash back to your DS 160 data base and master off hand what you have written therein.

Best Wishes πŸ™
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by flavann: 3:16pm On Apr 29
Thank you for your reply, it seems my passport will be ready for pick up tmr, I will update you when i pick it up tmr if there is 221G Slip attached to it.

thank you

OyoTunjiUSA:

Hey 🀠

1. In that case you may not get the 221g slip again because It seems your follow up interview is a verbal aptitude oriented.

2. Email (via feedback option) or call the CGI for better clarification if additional or missing documents are needed. But i don't think they need you to come along with any supporting documents otherwise they would have stated it.

3. In this respect , flash back to your DS 160 data base and master off hand what you have written therein.

Best Wishes πŸ™
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by OyoTunjiUSA(m): 3:24pm On Apr 29
flavann:
Thank you for your reply, it seems my passport will be ready for pick up tmr, I will update you when i pick it up tmr if there is 221G Slip attached to it.

thank you

Hey 🀠

1. Oh ! I see. Keeping fingers crossed.

Best Wishes πŸ™
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Eddykurrent(m): 4:24pm On Apr 29
Thank you

flourishing247:

Lagos September.
Abuja Earlier.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Blackfinegirl(f): 4:44pm On Apr 29
How long does it take for dropbox renewal?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Logims: 7:05pm On Apr 29
I have been online recently to see if anyone has information on how long it takes for dropbox renewal. I submitted on the 12th of April in Abuja and I haven't gotten my passport back. today I tried tracking and I can't find anything on my visa/passport, I am actually worried
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Trueigbo: 10:16pm On Apr 29
Please urgent advice.

I filled in DS 160 form that I will enter the US on 12 May but the flight reservation I have says 11th May.

Do I need to make another reservation or I should go with that one
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Eddykurrent(m): 10:53pm On Apr 29
Flight reservation doesn't matter.

Trueigbo:
Please urgent advice.

I filled in DS 160 form that I will enter the US on 12 May but the flight reservation I have says 11th May.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by flourishing247: 11:46pm On Apr 29
Trueigbo:
Please urgent advice.

Flight reservation is not necessary. Just know your intended date of travel. That should be the least of your worries. Purposes of trip snd relevance to your life and work, Proving you will come back and home ties is the real deal.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by flavann: 11:52am On Apr 30
Hello
I just picked up my passport, I was asked to schedule appointment for another interview. no any documents requested.

OyoTunjiUSA:

Hey 🀠

1. Oh ! I see. Keeping fingers crossed.

Best Wishes πŸ™
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by OyoTunjiUSA(m): 2:56pm On Apr 30
flavann:

Hello
I just picked up my passport, I was asked to schedule appointment for another interview. no any documents requested.

Hey 🀠

1. Your situation seems to be dancing towards my music . The first consular officer who interviewed you probably omitted (forgot or overlooked) a vital information (s) , and upon passing to the final vetting (b4 visa issuance) the missing info was discovered.

2. Just like i wrote previously, you are in for another verbal bombardments (on that particular missing or omitted information) but this time from a Senior or more Experienced consular officer .

3. Pray for good luck and go back to your DS 160 as well as the review of the previous questions asked by the 1st CO. Detecting the omitted or missing information (s) yourself and how to present the answers will certainly springboard your visa success.

Best Wishes πŸ™
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by flourishing247: 4:44pm On Apr 30
flavann:

Hello

You will be fine. I hope you remember what you filed in your ds160? Stay confident and answer only questions asked. You will be OK.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by flavann: 6:27pm On Apr 30
Yeap I undertstand, thank you, will update u the outcome.

OyoTunjiUSA:

Hey 🀠

1. Your situation seems to be dancing towards my music . The first consular officer who interviewed you probably omitted (forgot or overlooked) a vital information (s) , and upon passing to the final vetting (b4 visa issuance) the missing info was discovered.

2. Just like i wrote previously, you are in for another verbal bombardments (on that particular missing or omitted information) but this time from a Senior or more Experienced consular officer .

3. Pray for good luck and go back to your DS 160 as well as the review of the previous questions asked by the 1st CO. Detecting the omitted or missing information (s) yourself and how to present the answers will certainly springboard your visa success.

Best Wishes πŸ™
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by flavann: 6:28pm On Apr 30
yes I do, I remember everything, still have the copy of the Ds 160
flourishing247:

You will be fine. I hope you remember what you filed in your ds160? Stay confident and answer only questions asked. You will be OK.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by flavann: 6:35pm On Apr 30
I applied with my family, wife and 2 kids 2017 with no travel experience we were all refused, I applied alone 2018, I was refused, the last question the consular asked was have u travel outside your country and i said Dubai, she said no and refuse, then i build my travel history, 2022 traveled alot to many countries including 4 schengen countries and some others, and she asked same question that have i traveled before which i listed 6 counties for her, but one thing that struct me, she asked for my wife twice and i told her i couldn't secure appointment for her, but we both travel to those countries. and she said congratulation am approving ur visa and gave me collection slip. so was surprise to see a reschedule appointment

OyoTunjiUSA:

Hey 🀠

Best Wishes πŸ™
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Trueigbo: 7:39pm On Apr 30
flourishing247:

Flight reservation is not necessary. Just know your intended date of travel. That should be the least of your worries. Purposes of trip snd relevance to your life and work, Proving you will come back and home ties is the real deal.

thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Trueigbo: 7:40pm On Apr 30
Eddykurrent:
Flight reservation doesn't matter.

thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Logims: 7:50pm On Apr 30
Please anyone with details of the timelines for the return of passport? I submitted on the 12th of this month in Abuja, I haven't gotten any update even when I tracked. Please help with information on the timeline.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by OyoTunjiUSA(m): 8:47pm On Apr 30
flavann:
I applied with my family, wife and 2 kids 2017 with no travel experience we were all refused, I applied alone 2018, I was refused, the last question the consular asked was have u travel outside your country and i said Dubai, she said no and refuse, then i build my travel history, 2022 traveled alot to many countries including 4 schengen countries and some others, and she asked same question that have i traveled before which i listed 6 counties for her, but one thing that struct me, she asked for my wife twice and i told her i couldn't secure appointment for her, but we both travel to those countries. and she said congratulation am approving ur visa and gave me collection slip. so was surprise to see a reschedule appointment

Hey 🀠

** Personally Deduced .

1. In summary. Your previous visa refusals were kind of based on lack of travel experiences and the USA embassy has kept that record .

** After the above , 2 scenarios might have happened.

A. The last consular who interviewed you this year (2024) had actually interviewed you b4 (which is against USA consular policy - hence, your 221g re- appointment) and gave you pass mark based on your (refusal records) ability to have broken the travel history .

B. The last consular who interviewed you this year is a fresh consular but he/she only checked your (refusal) record and gave you pass mark based on your ability to have traveled to 6 countries.

2. Now, the consular who gave you the pass mark needed to write a rationale for your approval which must be reviewed by their supervisors.

3. The supervisor (s) reluctantly agreed that "Okay you have traveled to 6 countries which is fine but " Come and tell me again, what are you actually going to do in the USA ? Do you have enough funds because we have recalculated your possible expenditures ? Where are your nuclear-family (one of your top home-ties) ? Are they still in Nigeria ?

4. Work on the number 3 above, that's what the next consular will ask you and by God's grace you will have your visa stamping (if there is no other hiding stuffs).

5. You owe me a bottle of ROMANÉE-CONTI

Best Wishes πŸ™

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by flavann: 11:09am On May 01
hahaha, Thank you very much will update you how it goes. I will go to the embassy with my wife incase they ask about her, will simply tell them she is outside the embassy and I will go in with her passport incase. we both travel to Germany France and Italy last November to celebrate her 40th birthday

Thanks I appreciate

OyoTunjiUSA:

Hey 🀠

** Personally Deduced .

1. In summary. Your previous visa refusals were kind of based on lack of travel experiences and the USA embassy has kept that record .

** After the above , 2 scenarios might have happened.

A. The last consular who interviewed you this year (2024) had actually interviewed you b4 (which is against USA consular policy - hence, your 221g re- appointment) and gave you pass mark based on your (refusal records) ability to have broken the travel history .

B. The last consular who interviewed you this year is a fresh consular but he/she only checked your (refusal) record and gave you pass mark based on your ability to have traveled to 6 countries.

2. Now, the consular who gave you the pass mark needed to write a rationale for your approval which must be reviewed by their supervisors.

3. The supervisor (s) reluctantly agreed that "Okay you have traveled to 6 countries which is fine but " Come and tell me again, what are you actually going to do in the USA ? Do you have enough funds because we have recalculated your possible expenditures ? Where are your nuclear-family (one of your top home-ties) ? Are they still in Nigeria ?

4. Work on the number 3 above, that's what the next consular will ask you and by God's grace you will have your visa stamping (if there is no other hiding stuffs).

5. You owe me a bottle of ROMANÉE-CONTI

Best Wishes πŸ™

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by neni83: 4:04am On May 02
OyoTunjiUSA:

Hey 🀠

2. Email (via feedback option) or call the CGI for better clarification if additional or missing documents are needed. But i don't think they
need you to come along with any supporting documents otherwise they would have stated it.

Best Wishes πŸ™

Hello guys, please is there anyother way to get interview dates if you get the 221g slip?
My mom applied for interview waiver back in 2022 and she got the 221g slip, we weren’t able to get dates until I saw for this May. They have now resheduled it to November. She overstayed in 2020 because of the COVID-19 shut down. Has anybody faced this before.
Thank you
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Bidemi219: 4:23am On May 02
flavann:

thank you

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Bidemi219: 4:30am On May 02
OyoTunjiUSA:

Hey 🀠

Best Wishes πŸ™
good am boss, pls how will i get date for b1b2 .cause the date that is available now is 2025, and my initial date is September 2024 and i keep checking every morning & night, but nothing yet
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by OyoTunjiUSA(m): 7:22am On May 02
neni83:

Hello guys, please is there anyother way to get interview dates if you get the 221g slip?
My mom applied for interview waiver back in 2022 and she got the 221g slip, we weren’t able to get dates until I saw for this May. They have now resheduled it to November. She overstayed in 2020 because of the COVID-19 shut down. Has anybody faced this before.
Thank you

Hey 🀠

1. You cannot expedite (fast track / request for emergency) anything when you are placed on 221g (Administrative processing) because the embassy herself is waiting on further information or instruction as regarding your mum's visa decision .

2. Your mum's overstayed back in 2020 might have been given another meaning (not covid related) by the embassy , thereby trying to see if they should impose the 181 days unlawful presence (overstayed) attracts 3 yrs visa ban.

4. Another angle is that if your mum has visited one or two of her children , then the embassy might be doing background checks on the children (s) as well as your mum's activities while in the USA.

5. In all, providing the correct and required items / information (s) required according to the 221g slip promptly and accurately can speed up your mum's administrative processing.

6. Keep eyes on your mum's email and usually check spam mails because you should not miss any correspondence at this time . Your only option is to keep praying and wait till November . 221g administrative process can be indefinite but the embassy is working on it.

Best Wishes πŸ™
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by OyoTunjiUSA(m): 7:30am On May 02
Bidemi219:
good am boss, pls how will i get date for b1b2 .cause the date that is available now is 2025, and my initial date is September 2024 and i keep checking every morning & night, but nothing yet

Hey 🀠

1. The major option for B1/B2 to get your desired date if there is a targeted time frame for you to be in the USA is to apply for emergency appointment if you qualify .

2. You must apply for EA under 3 categories , viz ; A. medical emergency. B. student emergency. C. business emergency.

Best Wishes πŸ™
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Martinez0e: 10:33am On May 02
[quote author=OyoTunjiUSA post=129605875]

Hello I requested for an expedited visa date and got a date that is only 4 days to my expected resumption date.
Please can anyone drop whatsapp group links that scouts for dates please.

(1) (2) (3) ... (432) (433) (434) (435) (436) (437) (438) ... (440) (Reply)

Studying In Finland (free Tuition) / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.