Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,658 members, 7,820,304 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:48 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 4 - Travel (97) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 4 (935146 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) ... (438) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Ch1g: 9:27pm On Jan 18, 2022
Didn't know it went earlier

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 9:36pm On Jan 18, 2022
AfonjaBoston:

You need to chill out. There is absolutely no reason to always be confrontational and condescending with your comments. NL is just NL and not a competition about how well you think you know more than others, or how many digits are in your bank balance.
If you have a comment to make, go ahead and do it without the jabs. You will be understood better. If not, look and waka pass.
There is practically no time you come out from hibernation to make comments that doesn't end up in you getting riled up and being dismissive of others before going MIA again.
Nobody has to agree with you as you also don't have to agree with anyone. To each one his own. Nobody here is a state.gov or uscis employee except you are disguising.

11 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by AfonjaBoston: 9:46pm On Jan 18, 2022
fkj950ax:

You need to chill out. There is absolutely no reason to always be confrontational and condescending with your comments. NL is just NL and not a competition about how well you think you know more than others, or how many digits are in your bank balance.
If you have a comment to make, go ahead and do it without the jabs. You will be understood better. If not, look and waka pass.
There is practically no time you come out from hibernation to make comments that doesn't end up in you getting riled up and being dismissive of others before going MIA again.
Nobody has to agree with you as you also don't have to agree with anyone. To each one his own. Nobody here is a state.gov or uscis employee except you are disguising.

If you get a real job maybe you will stop monitoring real talk and face those lying agents that act like travel gods. I will CONTINUE to come for them hot hot in a RESPECTFUL manner if they subtly or codedly encourage anyone to lie.
Even you, if and when you do i will not spare you.
So better continue to do the RIGHT thing.
Go and face the dude who got upset that his ignorance was called out in a respectful manner.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 10:14pm On Jan 18, 2022
AfonjaBoston:

If you get a real job maybe you will stop monitoring real talk and face those lying agents that act like travel gods. I will come for them hot hot if they subtly or codedly encourage anyone to lie.
Even you, if and when you do i will not spare you. So better continue to do the RIGHT thing.
Go and face the dude who got upset that his ignorance was called out.

You wrote eight whole lines and did not address the single issue I raised with you, but instead you are referring to so many things that I am not bothered with.
If you want to be visa police on behalf of USG, it's fine. You have every right to do so, but do it with civility and decorum. A lot of people do same here.
The truth is I don't even have a job, whether real or fake. I don't know if that line from you was meant to belittle me, insult me or its you being condescending again...
This is your default response to everything, abuse or attack the next person.
If you try a little bit more, slow down, breath, you can pass the same message to the person you have judged to be ignorant in a different way.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by AfonjaBoston: 2:45am On Jan 19, 2022
fkj950ax:

You wrote eight whole lines and did not address the single issue I raised with you, but instead you are referring to so many things that I am not bothered with.
If you want to be visa police on behalf of USG, it's fine. You have every right to do so, but do it with civility and decorum. A lot of people do same here.
The truth is I don't even have a job, whether real or fake. I don't know if that line from you was meant to belittle me, insult me or its you being condescending again...
This is your default response to everything, abuse or attack the next person.
If you try a little bit more, slow down, breath, you can pass the same message to the person you have judged to be ignorant in a different way.

So you wrote this epistle for me cheesy grin?
Nothing to try other than for you to get a JOB and quit idling around.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by cris83: 9:18am On Jan 19, 2022
Hello to everyone in this group and happy new year to you all. I would like to seek your advice / opinion on this: In 2016 my mom and I were successfully renewed our visa the first time via dropdox but the second time (2018) it was denied when we went for an interview for renewal (dropbox was cancelled). Now she has a serious medical issue (broken femur with total knee replacement degradation) and needs surgery and my uncle (her younger brother) who is a citizen has advised we bring her to the states for the surgery. My question is should i apply with her again or should her cousin (a lady with children) apply with her. I am weighing the chances of her getting a visa. Our last interview i was being asked all the questions and none was thrown towards my mom at the time and we were denied. My mom's cousin has never travelled before but my mom has been to the states twice and spent a month during both periods. Her travel history is India and US.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Chiall: 9:29am On Jan 19, 2022
cris83:
Hello to everyone in this group and happy new year to you all. I would like to seek your advice / opinion on this: In 2016 my mom and I were successfully renewed our visa the first time via dropdox but the second time (2018) it was denied when we went for an interview for renewal (dropbox was cancelled). Now she has a serious medical issue (broken femur with total knee replacement degradation) and needs surgery and my uncle (her younger brother) who is a citizen has advised we bring her to the states for the surgery. My question is should i apply with her again or should her cousin (a lady with children) apply with her. I am weighing the chances of her getting a visa. Our last interview i was being asked all the questions and none was thrown towards my mom at the time and we were denied. My mom's cousin has never travelled before but my mom has been to the states twice and spent a month during both periods. Her travel history is India and US.

You stand a better chance of getting the visa this time around with your mum. Your Aunt doesn't have any travel history as you have stated. That might count against her. Please do this for the sake of mum's health . Mothers are Golden!. Goodluck to you both.

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by UmmZayd: 11:00am On Jan 19, 2022
Chiall:

You stand a better chance of getting the visa this time around with your mum. Your Aunt doesn't have any travel history as you have stated. That might count against her. Please do this for the sake of mum's health . Mothers are Golden!. Goodluck to you both.

And to add to this, you can proceed to apply for an expedited appointment.
Best of luck

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by UmmZayd: 8:46pm On Jan 19, 2022
Good afternoon everyone.
Who has an idea of the interview earliest date for B1/B2?

Thank you
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by MaryAndrews: 8:59pm On Jan 19, 2022
Please I also need February, March or April 2022 interview date. Please holla if you can help. Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Lakseg: 1:31am On Jan 20, 2022
AmeliaT:
Hello,

I would advise that you run through this thread for vital information but a couple of things to consider.

1. How old are you, what's your marital status?
Young and single people are usually considered as flight risks but if everything else is in order, there should be no issues?

2. Why are you travelling?
Do you have close family or friends there? Is it a family wedding or graduation? I am not sure that a vacation all the way to the US for just tourist purposes would suffice for a first time traveler. They may expect you would have explored countries that are in closer proximity to your home country first.

3. What do you do for a living and what's your monthly income?
It needs to be healthy.

4. What strong ties do you have to Nigeria that will give them assurance of your return?
Do you have property, children, strong investments and earnings?

Earliest date is 2024 for interviews.

I would advise that if you don't meet the criteria above, you should try to travel to other well developed countries before then for about 7-10 days, return within your visa validity. Countries such as the UAE, Turkey, The UK (if possible).

Goodluck!

what about someone traveling to USA for event through invitation letter in any given date this year? .. Earliest date is 2024 for interviews... Kindly respond coz 2024 is too far
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Reelz: 8:11am On Jan 20, 2022
Good morning all.. please if a company is inviting someone to the US for training.. can they issue 2 years B1/B2 visa
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Tamison: 8:42am On Jan 20, 2022
I also need this. Please send a DM if you can help.
Thank you.

MaryAndrews:
Please I also need February, March or April 2022 interview date. Please holla if you can help. Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by AmeliaT: 9:27am On Jan 20, 2022
Wow. So sorry to hear about your mum's health.

Are you able to share a transcript of the interview where you were refused? I'm sure you don't remember word for a word but a summary as well as the ECO's feedback so we have an idea why it was refused and can preempt this next application.

In any case, I suggest you apply with her and ask for an expedited appointment based on these extenuating medical circumstances. I would suggest your cousin helps to get the hospital, doctor and some appointments booked incase they ask questions relating to this. I wish you all the best and pray her surgery is successful.

cris83:

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by AmeliaT: 9:29am On Jan 20, 2022
If it's nothing urgent then you will have to wait till 2024.
Wait for a cancelation or someone who has a spot.
Or if the event is of significant importance, apply for an expedited appointment.

Lakseg:

what about someone traveling to USA for event through invitation letter in any given date this year? .. Earliest date is 2024 for interviews... Kindly respond coz 2024 is too far

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by naxee9294: 11:03am On Jan 20, 2022
I don’t know how someone will pay for appointment dates how possible is that coz idk since you book on your profile how can someone give you earlier appointment date abeg make una clear me I Nono how ehhh dey work!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by UmmZayd: 5:07pm On Jan 20, 2022
Reelz:
Good morning all.. please if a company is inviting someone to the US for training.. can they issue 2 years B1/B2 visa

Training shouldn't be classified under B1/B2 visa type. You can check the US embassy website and read through the type of visas and their requirements.

Best of luck
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by UmmZayd: 5:10pm On Jan 20, 2022
naxee9294:
I don’t know how someone will pay for appointment dates how possible is that coz idk since you book on your profile how can someone give you earlier appointment date abeg make una clear me I Nono how ehhh dey work!!!!!!

Lol grin na so we see am o. It's Nigeria so anything can happen.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by naxee9294: 5:43pm On Jan 20, 2022
UmmZayd:

Lol grin na so we see am o. It's Nigeria so anything can happen.

you don ever buy am
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by UmmZayd: 8:56pm On Jan 20, 2022
naxee9294:
you don ever buy am

No, I never even see am buy. Lol
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by naxee9294: 9:47pm On Jan 20, 2022
UmmZayd:

No, I never even see am buy. Lol
wahala omo the dates too far
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by talk2dekky(f): 11:12am On Jan 21, 2022
Visa Approved today.
8am appointment in Lagos
Embassy was very light today, although came in early so not sure if that is why. I was the first person attended to. But unlike before very few people came in after me.

CO was very friendly. Just asked what I was going to do in US. I told him I was going for a 5 day program organized by a health fellowship I belong to.

He then asked what the program is about and if I was presenting. I told him what it is about and that I am just attending as a fellow and not presenting.

He asked what I do here in Nigeria. Dentist working in non profit sector.

He asked if I had been to US before for the same program. I said yes. He then asked who was sponsoring my trip. I told him it was fully sponsored by the fellowship.

...Visa approved

Just wanted to drop this here to shine light on someone's day � as I have learnt a lot also here. All the best to everyone awaiting their interview.

22 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Kathy4jesus: 6:27pm On Jan 21, 2022
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Kathy4jesus: 6:28pm On Jan 21, 2022
talk2dekky:
Visa Approved today.
8am appointment in Lagos
Embassy was very light today, although came in early so not sure if that is why. I was the first person attended to. But unlike before very few people came in after me.

CO was very friendly. Just asked what I was going to do in US. I told him I was going for a 5 day program organized by a health fellowship I belong to.

He then asked what the program is about and if I was presenting. I told him what it is about and that I am just attending as a fellow and not presenting.

He asked what I do here in Nigeria. Dentist working in non profit sector.

He asked if I had been to US before for the same program. I said yes. He then asked who was sponsoring my trip. I told him it was fully sponsored by the fellowship.

...Visa approved

Just wanted to drop this here to shine light on someone's day � as I have learnt a lot also here. All the best to everyone awaiting their interview.

Congratulations pls which date did you book for appointment? Did you apply for emergency appointment?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by talk2dekky(f): 7:30am On Jan 22, 2022
Thank you. Booked appointment in October but got a date for 2023. I applied for EA it was denied. I wrote to them concerning the fellowship program and it's importance to my work and I was asked to apply for an EA again close to the program date. So I applied again on the 7th of January, and it was approved.

Kathy4jesus:

Congratulations pls which date did you book for appointment? Did you apply for emergency appointment?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Uchevec: 10:52am On Jan 24, 2022
MaryAndrews:

Did you get help?
I need urgently too
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by bimbss: 11:25am On Jan 24, 2022
Hello Everyone. Pease I also need a date for February, March or April 2022. Please let me know if you can help me thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Kirusky4life(f): 12:48pm On Jan 24, 2022
Hi Fam, I have been trying to create an appointment account for over 2 weeks now, but I keep getting the error messages in the screenshot. I already had different ppl assist me but same issue. Any idea how i can bypass this?

(1) (2) (3) ... (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) ... (438) (Reply)

Studying In Finland (free Tuition) / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2

Viewing this topic: nedum87(f) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.