Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,301 members, 7,815,543 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:16 PM

Can Kaka Beat The Record Of Legend Pele? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Can Kaka Beat The Record Of Legend Pele? (1079 Views)

Soccer Legend Pele Undergoes Kidney Surgery, recovering. / Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Ronaldinho Vs Kaka Vs Thierry Henry, Who Is Better? / Did Kaka Truly Deserve A Red Card? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Can Kaka Beat The Record Of Legend Pele? by Nobody: 12:15pm On Jun 07, 2007
Kaka may grace the Wembley turf on Friday as the best player in the world, but he is no Pele - according to two England legends.

The AC Milan playmaker's rise to fame has been momentous, culminating in his side's Champions League win against Liverpool.

Indeed, Kaka may well be the best player in the world right now. His 10 goals in Europe last season almost demand that accolade.

But just how good is he compared with Pele? Is it fair to put the attacking midfielder in the same bracket as one of the undisputed masters of the game?
Re: Can Kaka Beat The Record Of Legend Pele? by RuuDie(m): 12:47pm On Jun 07, 2007
Knowing the kind of individual Kaka is, i don't think he'll relish such a comparison & i really don't think he desires to rival or "outscore" the great Pele in terms of records or sorts, he's the kind of player that just wants to play his game & give his best --- well, he's still got yrs to play lets see what he can achieve b4 his career winds-out but the kid is a whiz anyday, anytime !
Re: Can Kaka Beat The Record Of Legend Pele? by dinozzo(m): 4:14pm On Jun 07, 2007
i don't think he can, I believe no one can surpass the achievements of Pele. Reason? Pele played in a time when football as a whole had no technicality more like how 8 year olds play football with no technique of how to mark and many other things it was still at its development stage, thats why I feel Maradona was a better player because he played at the time when defenders were at their highest level of brutality.

(1) (Reply)

France Cheat Their Way To World Cup "hands Of God" Theiry Henry(photo) / What The Heck Is A Yusuf Mohammed Doing On Amodu's List While Olufemi Is Out? / Carling Cup Final - Arsenal Lose Out To Martins Strike:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.