Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,098 members, 7,828,839 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:53 PM

Nwachukwu Alagbu: UNTH Enugu Doctors Watched My Wife Die For Fear Of COVID-19 - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Nwachukwu Alagbu: UNTH Enugu Doctors Watched My Wife Die For Fear Of COVID-19 (54242 Views)

Plastic Chair Used As Wheelchair At The Emergency Unit Of UNTH, Enugu (Photos) / UNTH To Dispose 450 Unclaimed Corpses / The Food Given To Doctors At UNTH, Enugu (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nwachukwu Alagbu: UNTH Enugu Doctors Watched My Wife Die For Fear Of COVID-19 by Jaqenhghar: 7:05pm On Apr 22, 2020
DanseMacabre:

Sir I think you should understand that these 'colleagues' of theirs you mentioned are full-fledged members of the government in power.

It's just like those Benue doctors that were sacked. Wasn't it a 'colleague' of theirs who sacked them too?
Did they wake up and become members of the government?
They were doctors first. This behaviour of lack of commitment to improving health services they exhibit started somewhere. A doctor who is not committed to his job and doesnt understand how important his job is will not fare any better if you make him a CMD or a minister for health. When from the beginning he joined the profession to become a millionaire now he is a minister what do you think he will do? Suddenly realise the importance of human lives?

2 Likes

Re: Nwachukwu Alagbu: UNTH Enugu Doctors Watched My Wife Die For Fear Of COVID-19 by Jaqenhghar: 7:07pm On Apr 22, 2020
xpool:

Stop covering up for them.
Government has its own blame, but not this.

They refused to make attempt at stabilizing a patient. As soon as she died, PPE came out from no where. If you know how many patients die by doctors and nurses nonchalance, inefficiency, negligence and stubbornness you won't say this.

In st Joseph maternity and FMC all in Asaba, I have heard of patients that just died by the negligence of medical workers
...and tomorrow they will criticize SARS meanwhile they are doing the same thing SARS is doing

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nwachukwu Alagbu: UNTH Enugu Doctors Watched My Wife Die For Fear Of COVID-19 by ayodejibabafemi: 7:08pm On Apr 22, 2020
peele
Re: Nwachukwu Alagbu: UNTH Enugu Doctors Watched My Wife Die For Fear Of COVID-19 by Miracle1991: 7:08pm On Apr 22, 2020
Very painful, may God protect and bless the children she left behind.
And May her soul rest in peace.
Re: Nwachukwu Alagbu: UNTH Enugu Doctors Watched My Wife Die For Fear Of COVID-19 by Sheriman(m): 7:08pm On Apr 22, 2020
All General Hospitals in Nigeria has for years turns to Mortuaries

1 Like

Re: Nwachukwu Alagbu: UNTH Enugu Doctors Watched My Wife Die For Fear Of COVID-19 by Jaqenhghar: 7:09pm On Apr 22, 2020
Babalegba:
What a sad loss, yet many idiots supported the nigerian doctors who object to the Chinese doctors coming to the country, claiming they can handle things on their own. Pride comes before a fall
I wish I could buy a drink right now. God bless you. God bless you. May you live long. Interestingly even so called learned people were objecting to the ove of bringing Chinese docotors
Re: Nwachukwu Alagbu: UNTH Enugu Doctors Watched My Wife Die For Fear Of COVID-19 by perdollar(m): 7:09pm On Apr 22, 2020
the story of the house officer in FMC Umuahia who lost is life 3days into his new job wl not make headline. and some ignorant nincompoop r here saying all trashes. imagine being paid 5k as risk allowance, imagine no PPE to work wť, it is better I stay at home.

3 Likes

Re: Nwachukwu Alagbu: UNTH Enugu Doctors Watched My Wife Die For Fear Of COVID-19 by adecz: 7:10pm On Apr 22, 2020
Nigerian doctors are only
experts in carrying out abortions,
and going on strike!!!

4 Likes

Re: Nwachukwu Alagbu: UNTH Enugu Doctors Watched My Wife Die For Fear Of COVID-19 by Nobody: 7:10pm On Apr 22, 2020
olumide3367:
FINANCIAL PLAN ON SMALL SCALE SNAIL FARM USING HUTCH
BOX AND CAGE SYSTEM FOR 200 SNAIL
BREEDERS.
1) Cost of the structure depending on carpenter and your area................#50k to
#80k
2) Cost of buying snail breeders...........#50--60k
Depending on farmer
Cost of feeding 4,800 baby snails from 2months to 8months using the snail feed as
supplement. Waste fruits and vegetables from fruits and vegetables market are
there main food. This can be gotten at zero cost
3) Cost of snail
Feed #60000 for 8 months

*FINANCIAL PLAN ON A COMMERCIAL SNAIL FARM ON A FREE RANGE
SYSTEM OF 500 SNAIL BREEDERS*
1) Cost of Structure on 120ft by 70ft..........800k
2) Cost of breeders..#150,000
3) Cost of feeding 12,000 Baby snails from 2months to 8months using the snail feed as
supplement.
On free range cost of feeding is zero, due to abundant fruits and vegetables that will
heavily be planted inside the pen. Waste fruits and vegetables can be served once in a
while. Cost of snail feed........#100,000

FINANCIAL PLAN ON A COMMERCIAL SNAIL FARM ON A FREE RANGE
SYSTEM OF 1000 SNAIL BREEDERS
1) Cost of structure on 2plots.......#1,600,000
2) Cost of breeders......#300,000
3) Cost of feeding 30,000 baby snails from 2 months to 8 months using the snail feed as
supplement.
On free range cost of feeding is zero, due to abundant fruits and vegetables that will be
heavily planted inside the pen. Waste fruits and vegetables can be served once a while. Cost of snail feed..#200,000.
oga hope no problem,avarage Nigeria is so mean,look at what u are posting.
Re: Nwachukwu Alagbu: UNTH Enugu Doctors Watched My Wife Die For Fear Of COVID-19 by DanseMacabre(m): 7:11pm On Apr 22, 2020
Jaqenhghar:

Did they wake up and become members of the government?
They were doctors first. This behaviour of lack of commitment to improving health services they exhibit started somewhere. A doctor who is not committed to his job and doesnt understand how important his job is will not fare any better if you make him a CMD or a minister for health. When from the beginning he joined the profession to become a millionaire now he is a minister what do you think he will do? Suddenly realise the importance of human lives?

Now we're broadening the scope too far. We're speaking of doctors refusing to attend to a patient exhibiting classic COVID 19 symptoms because they don't have PPE, supposed to be provided by the government. Mind you UNTH is a government-owned hospital.

If we're broadening the scope then we should do it to include the doctors who have been infected because they treated patients (some of whom lied about their medical history) with the virus.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nwachukwu Alagbu: UNTH Enugu Doctors Watched My Wife Die For Fear Of COVID-19 by Caleb17: 7:11pm On Apr 22, 2020
Exactly my thoughts. The husband could have left those useless people immediately and rush her to any good private medical facility for urgent medical attention. She wispered to your ears not to allow her to die, you still kept arguing with those guys that no more see people's death as anything. My heart bleeds. cry
avrex3k:
But why didn't you take her out of the hospital when you found out she was neglected, why did you watched her die like that, why ??

4 Likes

Re: Nwachukwu Alagbu: UNTH Enugu Doctors Watched My Wife Die For Fear Of COVID-19 by Jaqenhghar: 7:11pm On Apr 22, 2020
joe4christ:

Don't blame these people Jor. This same doctors and nurse would do better if they were employed abroad. Cos their lives are insured. They are well paid, and their health is considered first. In this situation, they would have been provided with protective wears to protect them from contacting the virus. This doctors are humans too. They have family, they worked hard to get to where they are, do u expect them to risk their lives without measures and risk their lives and that of their loved ones? Think again abeg
They do better abroad because oyinbo dont take shít from arrogant big headed nincompoops. Go and see how they work. Like they are in the cotton fields

4 Likes

Re: Nwachukwu Alagbu: UNTH Enugu Doctors Watched My Wife Die For Fear Of COVID-19 by Focusmind: 7:11pm On Apr 22, 2020
Another citizen failed by her country's institution and infrastructure.

There is so much gap between developed and undeveloped world.

Sometimes I don't blame those jetting out to canada, UK and Australia to settle.

They want a safe and secure future for themselves and their children especially.

4 Likes

Re: Nwachukwu Alagbu: UNTH Enugu Doctors Watched My Wife Die For Fear Of COVID-19 by KoolBigk(m): 7:13pm On Apr 22, 2020
So sad! This is not a good period to fall sick at all. Similar occurrence happened to a family in the US some weeks back.
Re: Nwachukwu Alagbu: UNTH Enugu Doctors Watched My Wife Die For Fear Of COVID-19 by Reference(m): 7:14pm On Apr 22, 2020
Lack of PPE akin to sending soldiers to fight Boko Haram with sticks and stones. Some will br heroes and die trying. Others will walk away.

The NMA I think sent out a circular warning doctors of the dire consequences of trashing their oaths and absconding from the frontlines but say nothing about the health and safety of their members.

Quite contrary to their counterparts in Britain and America thay spare no effort in reminding their goverments of their obligations towards not just part but the entire health sector.

Nigeria I repeat remains a very peculiar country in many things, now reflected in the covid pandemic. We are the only country I know that has completely segregated its health sector into pandemic and non pandemic parts.

Pandemic led by the NCDC is getting billions in funds for kit, infrastructure, logistics and welfare. Non pandemic is getting absolutely nothing even at tertiary healthcare levels.

I toured one today. It is just sad. I mean NOTHING by way of resources. To those doctors I saw it was like Covid was happening in another country while we all know it has breached NCDC containment and reached community levels where everyday individuals seeking normal healthcare services are infecting healthcare staff and sentencing them to death simply because they are often asymptomatic and attended to by folks who are not kitted to.

I will not even speak about private hospitals some of which have unfortunately closed shop or been forced to at this time when ALL hands should be on deck.

This is what all the various health unions should be doing, talking to goverment to find a solution to the critical lack of protective gear and not threatening their members.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nwachukwu Alagbu: UNTH Enugu Doctors Watched My Wife Die For Fear Of COVID-19 by Nobody: 7:15pm On Apr 22, 2020
perdollar:
the story of the house officer in FMC Umuahia who lost is life 3days into his new job wl not make headline. and some ignorant nincompoop r here saying all trashes. imagine being paid 5k as risk allowance, imagine no PPE to work wť, it is better I stay at home.
na lie jor,u people no wan work,so heartless to back it up,money money u all talk about, what will u lose just helping humanity.

3 Likes

Re: Nwachukwu Alagbu: UNTH Enugu Doctors Watched My Wife Die For Fear Of COVID-19 by xpool(m): 7:15pm On Apr 22, 2020
DanseMacabre:

Is the bolded a fact sir?

As for insinuating I'm 'covering up for them', how so?

Tell me who wouldn't join in condemning them if they had PPE but refused to attend to her.

While calling on Enugu state governor, Chief Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi and the National Center for Disease Control (NCDC), to urgently intervened on the matter, Mr. Alagbu, asked If indeed the case was a COVID-19 case, “how come there were no efforts put in place for sample collection even after death, what measures did the hospital put in place to safeguard the mortuary staff?, Why did it take the hospital hours to wear their PPE and attend to the patient? What is the hope of ordinary men in our Nigeria hospital today? How come the whole fear of COVID-19 disappeared as soon as the patient died? I am heart-wrecked because my wife died leaving behind four children, the eldest is 11 year old.

Be honest and straightforward in your thoght

2 Likes

Re: Nwachukwu Alagbu: UNTH Enugu Doctors Watched My Wife Die For Fear Of COVID-19 by DanseMacabre(m): 7:18pm On Apr 22, 2020
xpool:

While calling on Enugu state governor, Chief Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi and the National Center for Disease Control (NCDC), to urgently intervened on the matter, Mr. Alagbu, asked If indeed the case was a COVID-19 case, “how come there were no efforts put in place for sample collection even after death, what measures did the hospital put in place to safeguard the mortuary staff?, Why did it take the hospital hours to wear their PPE and attend to the patient? What is the hope of ordinary men in our Nigeria hospital today? How come the whole fear of COVID-19 disappeared as soon as the patient died? I am heart-wrecked because my wife died leaving behind four children, the eldest is 11 year old.

Be honest and straightforward in your thoght

This is a presumption that they had these PPE isn't it?
Re: Nwachukwu Alagbu: UNTH Enugu Doctors Watched My Wife Die For Fear Of COVID-19 by Jaqenhghar: 7:18pm On Apr 22, 2020
DanseMacabre:

Now we're broadening the scope too far. We're speaking of doctors refusing to attend to a patient exhibiting classic COVID 19 symptoms because they don't have PPE, supposed to be provided by the government. Mind you UNTH is a government-owned hospital.

If we're broadening the scope then we should do it to include the doctors who have been infected because they treated patients (some of whom lied about their medical history) with the virus.
Someone mentioned here that it was after she died they brought out PPE. Bros this neglect did not start with COVID19. This is their attitude even with your money you are treated like shít. I used to try and reason like you till I witnessed their bullshit 1st hand. I dont pray you go through what some of us have had to go through. My experience is part of what made me relocate from that country. No way my wife or kids will go through that shít.

5 Likes

Re: Nwachukwu Alagbu: UNTH Enugu Doctors Watched My Wife Die For Fear Of COVID-19 by Nobody: 7:18pm On Apr 22, 2020
People should stop taking their sick loved ones to UNTH, right now it's the worst hospital on earth and I can prove it.

Use parklane, it's far far more better.

2 Likes

Re: Nwachukwu Alagbu: UNTH Enugu Doctors Watched My Wife Die For Fear Of COVID-19 by kelvinovie25(m): 7:18pm On Apr 22, 2020
This is the wrong time for anyone to be sick or rushed to the hospital for any illness at all.
Re: Nwachukwu Alagbu: UNTH Enugu Doctors Watched My Wife Die For Fear Of COVID-19 by Nobody: 7:21pm On Apr 22, 2020
DanseMacabre:
Tragic.

To be candid though, I'd rather put the blame on the failed government than on the medical personnel. The behaviour of the medical personnel towards the man's wife is a fallout of the government's refusal to provide them with equipment for fighting this virus.
Absolutely! but like the man explained why did they felt okay and the fear of covid 19 disappeared suddenlly immedeatly the patients died?

2 Likes

Re: Nwachukwu Alagbu: UNTH Enugu Doctors Watched My Wife Die For Fear Of COVID-19 by Asauto(m): 7:23pm On Apr 22, 2020
carpdiemz:

I feel so sorry for him but those signs can make the stupid high school doctors without no good ethics to avoid her , I was at one useless state hospital at Ibadan one year and I was about to die these stupid nurses were telling my parents that they should que and get me a card first my dad was helpless what if had died just bcuz of 200 card oh , Nigeria is a mistake , dis country won’t change even when other African countries are developing to western countries standard

If you know how the Nigerian hospital system is structured. The Nurse will be the last person you will blame.
Sorry for the treatment you received

1 Like

Re: Nwachukwu Alagbu: UNTH Enugu Doctors Watched My Wife Die For Fear Of COVID-19 by xpool(m): 7:24pm On Apr 22, 2020
DanseMacabre:

This is a presumption that they had these PPE isn't it?
May what happen to that man befall you, so that you may understand.

Your type is the reason Africa is a cemetry

1 Like

Re: Nwachukwu Alagbu: UNTH Enugu Doctors Watched My Wife Die For Fear Of COVID-19 by Nobody: 7:24pm On Apr 22, 2020
adecz:

Nigerian doctors are only
experts in carrying out abortions,
and going on strike!!!
majority of them took the course because of money, not the passion for humanity, in years before people study medicine because they like to save lifes,

6 Likes

Re: Nwachukwu Alagbu: UNTH Enugu Doctors Watched My Wife Die For Fear Of COVID-19 by PeacenLove2: 7:24pm On Apr 22, 2020
This is evidence of the failed concoction we call a country. I am not interested in politics so no one accuse me of just being critical of one party.

I honestly don't know what else we can do to make the simplest basic things right in this country. It's no use. The government is non-existent, all they do is make stupid laws they don't intend to see the light of day or care to nurture to implementation, and share money. And they think that's governance.

The people have no proper discipline and commitment. We all just want to survive by whatever means. It's a disaster. My prayer is that we don't become victims of this travesty.

May God help this family and may her soul rest in peace.
Re: Nwachukwu Alagbu: UNTH Enugu Doctors Watched My Wife Die For Fear Of COVID-19 by sapientia(m): 7:25pm On Apr 22, 2020
Ahhhhhhh

Nwachukwu sorry oooo

So sad to hear bro.

May God comfort you man.

Ndo nwanne.

Jisieke Baba.

Its hard but God will see you through.

Sorry bro... Sorry

1 Like

Re: Nwachukwu Alagbu: UNTH Enugu Doctors Watched My Wife Die For Fear Of COVID-19 by guru90: 7:25pm On Apr 22, 2020
See Happy Family!!!

Chai.....
Re: Nwachukwu Alagbu: UNTH Enugu Doctors Watched My Wife Die For Fear Of COVID-19 by seborrhic: 7:26pm On Apr 22, 2020
The symptoms were too 'covid 19' to be treated with kid gloves.
What would the man say of the woman with Covid 19 that travelled to ekiti to Lagos with a pregnancy only to infect medical workers.
So the man was expecting the Drs to risk their lives?
If the consultant that called was so sure and not trying to do eye service,he should have told the husband to bring his wife to his clinic or accompanied them to unth and identify himself.
This man has no case any of the Drs.
His wife is an unfortunate victim of circumstances beyond the Drs control.
He also didn't blame the ESUTH hospital that cunningly told him they don't av wheel chair or bedspace, but those of unth just because she died there.

1 Like

Re: Nwachukwu Alagbu: UNTH Enugu Doctors Watched My Wife Die For Fear Of COVID-19 by juman(m): 7:27pm On Apr 22, 2020
Heart breaking incident.
Very bad country.

Why they didnt take her to the designated hospital for corona in the state to do test and get some help there?
That place would give certificate to show she was without corona.
Re: Nwachukwu Alagbu: UNTH Enugu Doctors Watched My Wife Die For Fear Of COVID-19 by Nobody: 7:27pm On Apr 22, 2020
People should try as much as possible to stay away from hospital in this time of corona,.it's not just in Nigeria this is happening The whole world hospitals are concentrating on this bloody corona at this moment, that's why people are told to stay safe, avoid unnercerssary accidents and trip to hospitals.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Passengers Flee From Bus As Nigerian Lady Believed To Be Asthmatic Dies (Video) / NMA, NARD Threaten To Withdraw Services Over Invitation Of Chinese Doctors / How Do I Treat This Painful Lump On My Face

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.