Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,126 members, 7,829,009 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:29 PM

Nwachukwu Alagbu: UNTH Enugu Doctors Watched My Wife Die For Fear Of COVID-19 - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Nwachukwu Alagbu: UNTH Enugu Doctors Watched My Wife Die For Fear Of COVID-19 (54243 Views)

Plastic Chair Used As Wheelchair At The Emergency Unit Of UNTH, Enugu (Photos) / UNTH To Dispose 450 Unclaimed Corpses / The Food Given To Doctors At UNTH, Enugu (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nwachukwu Alagbu: UNTH Enugu Doctors Watched My Wife Die For Fear Of COVID-19 by MainFem: 7:51pm On Apr 22, 2020
Please People!

Help me, i was banned before coming here again, i am helpless. Surviving the last few weeks has been terribly tough. I am very hungry and so is my family. Please help me.

Please let God touch your heart to help me.
0_2_5_6_3_5_6_8_7_3
GTB

HELP A STARVING MAN
God bless you.
Re: Nwachukwu Alagbu: UNTH Enugu Doctors Watched My Wife Die For Fear Of COVID-19 by joe4christ(m): 7:52pm On Apr 22, 2020
Jaqenhghar:

They do better abroad because oyinbo dont take shít from arrogant big headed nincompoops. Go and see how they work. Like they are in the cotton fields

They are more dedicated to their job in a saner clime cos its more saner than were they used to be. They are paid well for their risk, and measures are put in place for their safety. They are not treated like some animals without worth. I would rather die a hero in a saner climes as a medical practitional than risk my life in a country with no value for no human life, not even for the masses nor the doctors who worked hard to qualify for their job.
I honestly won't blame them at all!
Re: Nwachukwu Alagbu: UNTH Enugu Doctors Watched My Wife Die For Fear Of COVID-19 by RTSC: 7:53pm On Apr 22, 2020
God forbid, but if I were in the husband's shoes, my life's mission would be ensuring that those health workers lose their license from doctors to nurses.

I will sue them till they get tired of life.

Infact, the medical director would be part of those I am suing.
Nobody would tell him to fire all of them.
Re: Nwachukwu Alagbu: UNTH Enugu Doctors Watched My Wife Die For Fear Of COVID-19 by DanseMacabre(m): 7:54pm On Apr 22, 2020
Reference:

All this is caused by a lack of an all encompassing plan or strategy to combat Covid 19.

From where I stand you begin to get the air that the goverment thought this thing will be done and dusted in record time with little effect on the present healthcare infrastructure.

They probably thought it will be like ebola whereby a committee could resource the whole project over a period of a few weeks, but if they had studied what had hapoened in China and compared the depth of capacity to what we have in Nigeria, they will have quickly realised that this pandemic will need the mobilisation of thousands of healthcare professionals and hundreds of locations.

Unfortunately till now the scenario persists. We are fighting Covid 19 with not just one hand tied behind our backs but with just two fingers and a thumb. If the entire healthcare system is not MOBILISED against Covid 19, primary, tertiary, public, private, we are going to see what we have never seen before.

Covid is now at the grassroots. People are walking into their GP's unknowingly with the virus with devastating effects.

Bro if you ask me they knew fully well what was gonna happen, or maybe they believed in the 'COVID doesn't thrive in hot environments' or whatever. But now they're just looting against the ensuing financial depression if the status quo persists.
Re: Nwachukwu Alagbu: UNTH Enugu Doctors Watched My Wife Die For Fear Of COVID-19 by israelmao(m): 7:55pm On Apr 22, 2020
Blame our leader who keep travelling on medical tourism without doing the needful in the healthcare in own country.
Re: Nwachukwu Alagbu: UNTH Enugu Doctors Watched My Wife Die For Fear Of COVID-19 by GIDIBANKZ(m): 7:57pm On Apr 22, 2020
OdefaGirl:
"At this time my wife whispered to my ear, that I should not allow her die. I saw my wife in pain and she keep telling me that she would not die. I cried my eyes out

Bro.. I feel your pains... So sorry about the Lost... Just man up

1 Like

Re: Nwachukwu Alagbu: UNTH Enugu Doctors Watched My Wife Die For Fear Of COVID-19 by cray91(m): 7:57pm On Apr 22, 2020
Confirm Talk
masterP042:
This is Nigeria. Almost every one likes to complain, and castigate the country and the leaders.. Until u have encounter with the average person out there, you'll know that they're no better than buhari or the average Nigerian they wail about.
Every where reeks of wickedness and incompetence.

1 Like

Re: Nwachukwu Alagbu: UNTH Enugu Doctors Watched My Wife Die For Fear Of COVID-19 by ikdaddy01(m): 7:58pm On Apr 22, 2020
Very sad. God will give you the strength to bear this loss
Re: Nwachukwu Alagbu: UNTH Enugu Doctors Watched My Wife Die For Fear Of COVID-19 by apex3750: 8:01pm On Apr 22, 2020
[color=#] 1209833[/color]
Re: Nwachukwu Alagbu: UNTH Enugu Doctors Watched My Wife Die For Fear Of COVID-19 by RTSC: 8:01pm On Apr 22, 2020
Xisnin:
This is what you get when NMA is more interested in fighting Chinese doctors
rather than demanding for protective equipment and instilling professionalism in their members.

That said, only in Nigeria do doctors and nurses run away from their duties using one excuse or the
other. They display very little patriotism or pride.
Many of us know how they behave in normal times.

I hope we never have a real emergency on our hands.
NMA is the most useless union in this country.

A bunch of pseudo educated rascals.

1 Like

Re: Nwachukwu Alagbu: UNTH Enugu Doctors Watched My Wife Die For Fear Of COVID-19 by Ikjosh04: 8:02pm On Apr 22, 2020
Jeez!! I can't believe tears dropped out of my eyes while reading this. It's well!

I've seen first hand how some male doctors can be very useless.
Re: Nwachukwu Alagbu: UNTH Enugu Doctors Watched My Wife Die For Fear Of COVID-19 by pweeryambre: 8:04pm On Apr 22, 2020
xpool:

Stop covering up for them.
Government has its own blame, but not this.

They refused to make attempt at stabilizing a patient. As soon as she died, PPE came out from no where. If you know how many patients die by doctors and nurses nonchalance, inefficiency, negligence and stubbornness you won't say this.

In st Joseph maternity and FMC all in Asaba, I have heard of patients that just died by the negligence of medical workers
I know for a fact that majority of doctors in Nigeria as whole are just in it for the money, they study medicine in school, then cram text books and formula and pass and then start chasing their residence in federal hospitals, with zero passion to save life's, very arrogant too, also very stingy, with all the money they are been paid, I know this because I work with them. it's quite unfortunate.

4 Likes

Re: Nwachukwu Alagbu: UNTH Enugu Doctors Watched My Wife Die For Fear Of COVID-19 by dumodust(m): 8:13pm On Apr 22, 2020
spiceadole:

Thank you..
Even here in UK where the availability of PPE is good..We are scared.
Not to talk of Nigeria...I would have resigned or taken a leave this period ,if I were still in Nigeria.

My life first!
My family needs me more than any patient!!

I pity doctors in Nigeria.
I pray this pandemic doesn't become overwhelming.
I was in the UK too and I'm getting scary tales from there so I understand.
Trust Nigerian docs to be very careful especially now that patients are not been sincere with travel history and people movement still going on despite the lockdown.
Re: Nwachukwu Alagbu: UNTH Enugu Doctors Watched My Wife Die For Fear Of COVID-19 by fesup: 8:14pm On Apr 22, 2020
The same Igbo People ignoring their own brothers and sisters. Yet we want to have our own country. May God help us and may the Soul of your wife rest in peace.

1 Like

Re: Nwachukwu Alagbu: UNTH Enugu Doctors Watched My Wife Die For Fear Of COVID-19 by dumodust(m): 8:19pm On Apr 22, 2020
RTSC:
God forbid, but if I were in the husband's shoes, my life's mission would be ensuring that those health workers lose their license from doctors to nurses.

Bros, it was suspected to be covid case, what do you want them to do without protection? It's just like running to embrace a dying ebola case gasping for last breath with your bare body and hands... Who loses in the end in that kind of scenario? Everyone loses including there own families.
Doctors are trained to make this kind of decisions worldwide and ethically, they have done nothing wrong because they observed the first rule for any highly infectious disease when suspected.
You should rather express concern for a system where politicians and government officials are wearing all the protective gear meant for health workers while the health workers barely see to use.
Re: Nwachukwu Alagbu: UNTH Enugu Doctors Watched My Wife Die For Fear Of COVID-19 by Joshialex(m): 8:20pm On Apr 22, 2020
..... so I opened this thread and I'm like "as usual, another doctor-bashing thread"!!

All I see is trashy comments by ungrateful Nigerians who don't know how health care workers are putting their lives on the line out there to help the populace!!

As a doctor working in the pulmonology unit, I know how many times I've had to see and manage pulmonology cases without facemask, putting myself in great danger, just because there's no mask available in the hospital and the closest pharmacy is miles away.

There's a lot to say...but again I remember that Nigerians would remain Nigerians: "patient dies, doctor is incompetent; doctor dies, doctor was careless!!" I no get talk with Una.... If you feel say e easy, just come and keep me company at the hospital's emergency.

Dear OP, sorry for your loss....but if I was in the shoes of those doctors, sadly, I'd do the same. I also have a family. The symptoms were too close for comfort, and mind you the cardiologist who referred her must have had a suspicion and just transferred her from his facility to save his life!!!

P/s: And oh! Before anyone comes trashing the "...you swore an oath to save lives bla bla bla" Yes!! I swore an oath to save lives, mine inclusive!!!!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nwachukwu Alagbu: UNTH Enugu Doctors Watched My Wife Die For Fear Of COVID-19 by Gr8amechi: 8:27pm On Apr 22, 2020
pacino26:
Once again it has been proven that the black man is his own worst enemy. Most of all Nigerian medical practitioners a bunch of heartless and non compassionate beings in white and green.

RIP to the young mother and may God grant the hubby the fortitude to bear the loss.

Secondly can we all agree our audio governor spent over 500million naira in diagnostic tests kits and isolation centres in his dreams alone. 3hours is more than enough for an ambulance to leave from UNTH to Nsukka or Ngwo or let me burst your bubble the famous Enugu Diagnostic and Isolation Centre opposite Shop Rite, that's 5mins away from Parklane.

Enugu is in failed hands finally.
See the way you guys channel your hatred wrongly is sadden.
A governor spent 500 million for none existent isolation centre, no ppe and a suspected case comes and you expect health workers to attend to her ?? If your wife or son is the doctor would you allow him??

See as a doctor I wouldn't go near any patient without ppe, for your information recent studies even show ppe don't profer 100% protection against the virus, politician eat money and you expect doctors to sacrifice their lives for the politician??
Re: Nwachukwu Alagbu: UNTH Enugu Doctors Watched My Wife Die For Fear Of COVID-19 by EvilArchons: 8:29pm On Apr 22, 2020
See for yourself the Fallen church where they worship the god Molech where comes the word Molest for the act of molestation. See the Google Images of so called men and women of God defiling children by the millions all over the Earth. 

Rome founded by the satanic pedophile psychopathic perverted Dirty Moors. These cave beasts had bad teachers. 

Call out them devils and then you will be walking the path instead of just knowing it. 

https://www.google.com/search?q=priest+child+rape&client=ms-android-americamovil-us-revc&source=android-browser&prmd=niv&sxsrf=ALeKk01QzbIy2_exxJKuRl5FU5A2jK5ITg:1587030128412&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjw2LT40-zoAhVulHIEHbNbCb8Q_AUoAnoECAsQAg&biw=360&bih=520&dpr=2

5g is the Apocalypse

Re: Nwachukwu Alagbu: UNTH Enugu Doctors Watched My Wife Die For Fear Of COVID-19 by izubext007: 8:29pm On Apr 22, 2020
take hearth sir
Re: Nwachukwu Alagbu: UNTH Enugu Doctors Watched My Wife Die For Fear Of COVID-19 by pk2me: 8:36pm On Apr 22, 2020
This is never the right time to get sick especially malaria or typhoid.
RIP
Re: Nwachukwu Alagbu: UNTH Enugu Doctors Watched My Wife Die For Fear Of COVID-19 by Reuben700: 8:37pm On Apr 22, 2020
Who did we offend in this con3
Re: Nwachukwu Alagbu: UNTH Enugu Doctors Watched My Wife Die For Fear Of COVID-19 by themanderon: 8:39pm On Apr 22, 2020
Corona claims another victim even though it wasn't present. Rip dear woman.
Re: Nwachukwu Alagbu: UNTH Enugu Doctors Watched My Wife Die For Fear Of COVID-19 by Gr8amechi: 8:39pm On Apr 22, 2020
RTSC:

You can actually do nothing rules are rules and you don't expect casualty officers not to have ppe and attend to patients with classical features of covid19, it will even be a greater harm if they attended to her without ppe and went on to attend to other patients after the woman teat results came out positive, meaning you may have to quarantine the whole hospital.

Face issues where they are, the government is failing to do the basic needful rather playing politics with the life of everybody.
Who send a soldier to war without gun or bullet and you want to sue the soldier for refusing to commit suicide ??

Channel this energy at the government, the way we are going this virus may overwhelm us as a nation soon with the continual refusal of government at all levels to provide the basic needs

1 Like

Re: Nwachukwu Alagbu: UNTH Enugu Doctors Watched My Wife Die For Fear Of COVID-19 by Correcto: 8:40pm On Apr 22, 2020
I laugh when people compare Soldiers and doctors.
OdefaGirl:
"Doctors At UNTH Watched My Wife Die Like A Foul Without Helping Her For Fear Of Coronavirus"

-Husband

A 40-year-old man, Mr Nwachukwu Alagbu, has accused medical doctors at University of Nigeria Teaching Hospital UNTH, Ituku Ozalla, Enugu state, of killing his wife for the fear of been contracting the dreaded Coronavirus.

The man who cried profusely over the death of his wife with four children behind, explain to our Correspondent that; “my wife, late Mrs Nkiru Alagbu, was a 35-year-old woman who developed cardiovascular disorder shortly after her last child more than a year ago.

“Her medical condition had been waxing and waning, especially after every treatment.

“In January 2020, my wife developed the following symptoms: fever, breathlessness, chest pain, morbid weakness, and excessive sweating and loss of appetite. Her illness made my lovely wife visit so many hospitals until Tuesday (14th April 2020) when she had to be referred to a diagnostic Clinic in Enugu for some investigations.

“Right there, the good-spirited Consultant in that Clinic promptly referred her to a cardiologist for immediate attention when he noticed her major health challenge was cardiovascular disease”.

Continuing, Alagbu said “this action heralded our travails. For the avoidance of doubt, my wife and I had not traveled outside Enugu and Anambra States in the last five years. We had never come in contact with anyone diagnosed or suspected of having COVID-19.

“Unfortunately, by the period we got to the private hospital in Enugu in the morning on 15-04-2020, we were directed to Enugu State University Teaching Hospital Parklane GRA, Enugu. At ESUTH Parklane, they informed us their hospital did not have a functional Trolley or wheelchair to wheel my wife to the ward and that the hospital wards were full without empty beds.

“In frustration, I immediately took her to UNTH, Ituku/Ozalla. That was where the worst happened. A doctor came and from a prescribe social distance asked some few questions. Quickly, he concluded that, it was a case of COVID-19. Immediately myself, my brother’s wife and a family friend who offered to accompany us to the hospital started crying because none of the medical personnel on duty in the hospital Emergency cared to assist after my late wife was tagged a COVID-19 case. At this time my wife whispered to my ear, that I should not allow her die. I saw my wife in pain and she keep telling me that she would not die. I cried my eyes out when i learnt that the consultant cardiologist called UNTH, informing them to admit my wife for him. That he was coming to take over her treatment, but they ignored him, saying my wife was a Coronavirus patient.

“Within a short while, after the doctor made that COVID-19 proclamation, all the medical personnel disappeared. No one bothered to come close to her while she was lying in the car helpless. And after waiting for more than 30 minutes, I saw my brother’s wife ( A Consultant’ wife) crying uncontrollably, and handing her phone to a doctor so that the husband could explain the health situation of my wife to him.

“My brother later informed me what the doctor said. He said that they had started making efforts to contact the COVID-19 medical team that would handle the case of my wife.

“He told me that the doctor he spoke with on the phone was so rude and that that UNTH doctor started accusing him of threatening him after informing him that he had to make efforts to sustain the sick alive while they make their efforts at confirming or ruling out the COVID-19.

“All attempts made by my brother to convince them that my wife was not a COVID-19 case proved abortive”, Alagbu added.

He continued: “I have never felt so incapacitated like this since I was born some 40 years ago. I saw my wife die like a foul in a hospital, and the doctors turned their backs at her and worked away without pity or compassion, he wept.

“They allowed my wife to die unattended to, all in the name of fear of COVID-19. Medical doctors watched my wife die like a soulless being. I thought it was a local movie playing when I could not get help from the Government Hospital, simply because the doctors felt my wife had COVID-19 symptom.

“I knew the worst could have happened. But, I kept calm. To my most considerable chagrin, it took the person of the Chief Medical Director of the hospital to attend to her personally and certify her dead after the sick had been in the hospital for hours without the desired attention.

“It is a sad history in my whole life watching the mother of my children died like a foul. The hospital could not open a folder or card. She came to the hospital, died after about three hours while in a car”.

At that point, Nkiru’s body was taken away from UNTH Enugu to a private mortuary.

While calling on Enugu state governor, Chief Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi and the National Center for Disease Control (NCDC), to urgently intervened on the matter, Mr. Alagbu, asked If indeed the case was a COVID-19 case, “how come there were no efforts put in place for sample collection even after death, what measures did the hospital put in place to safeguard the mortuary staff?, Why did it take the hospital hours to wear their PPE and attend to the patient? What is the hope of ordinary men in our Nigeria hospital today? How come the whole fear of COVID-19 disappeared as soon as the patient died? I am heart-wrecked because my wife died leaving behind four children, the eldest is 11 year old.

“This wicked doctors watched my wife die like a foul for a purported fear of COVID-19”, he cried via telephone.

When contacted on the allegation the chairman UNTH, Medical Advisory Committee, Dr. Valentine Ogwu, he said he was in a meeting and promised to called back which he never did after several calls and text messages.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/how-doctors-abandoned-my-wife-to-die-over-covid-19-suspicion.html
Re: Nwachukwu Alagbu: UNTH Enugu Doctors Watched My Wife Die For Fear Of COVID-19 by Correcto: 8:46pm On Apr 22, 2020
Trash!!!!! Doctors hiding under Protection. Doctors in UNTH have fair amount of protection equipment but are just afraid. See in New York some nurses and doctors were reusing PPEs which is dangerous but they never ran away from their patients. Doctors in Nigeria are in for their money only.
dumodust:

Bros, it was suspected to be covid case, what do you want them to do without protection? It's just like running to embrace a dying ebola case gasping for last breath with your bare body and hands... Who loses in the end in that kind of scenario? Everyone loses including there own families.
Doctors are trained to make this kind of decisions worldwide and ethically, they have done nothing wrong because they observed the first rule for any highly infectious disease when suspected.
You should rather express concern for a system where politicians and government officials are wearing all the protective gear meant for health workers while the health workers barely see to use.

1 Like

Re: Nwachukwu Alagbu: UNTH Enugu Doctors Watched My Wife Die For Fear Of COVID-19 by omabq(f): 8:47pm On Apr 22, 2020
OdefaGirl:
"Doctors At UNTH Watched My Wife Die Like A Foul Without Helping Her For Fear Of Coronavirus"

-Husband

A 40-year-old man, Mr Nwachukwu Alagbu, has accused medical doctors at University of Nigeria Teaching Hospital UNTH, Ituku Ozalla, Enugu state, of killing his wife for the fear of been contracting the dreaded Coronavirus.

The man who cried profusely over the death of his wife with four children behind, explain to our Correspondent that; “my wife, late Mrs Nkiru Alagbu, was a 35-year-old woman who developed cardiovascular disorder shortly after her last child more than a year ago.

“Her medical condition had been waxing and waning, especially after every treatment.

“In January 2020, my wife developed the following symptoms: fever, breathlessness, chest pain, morbid weakness, and excessive sweating and loss of appetite. Her illness made my lovely wife visit so many hospitals until Tuesday (14th April 2020) when she had to be referred to a diagnostic Clinic in Enugu for some investigations.

“Right there, the good-spirited Consultant in that Clinic promptly referred her to a cardiologist for immediate attention when he noticed her major health challenge was cardiovascular disease”.

Continuing, Alagbu said “this action heralded our travails. For the avoidance of doubt, my wife and I had not traveled outside Enugu and Anambra States in the last five years. We had never come in contact with anyone diagnosed or suspected of having COVID-19.

“Unfortunately, by the period we got to the private hospital in Enugu in the morning on 15-04-2020, we were directed to Enugu State University Teaching Hospital Parklane GRA, Enugu. At ESUTH Parklane, they informed us their hospital did not have a functional Trolley or wheelchair to wheel my wife to the ward and that the hospital wards were full without empty beds.

“In frustration, I immediately took her to UNTH, Ituku/Ozalla. That was where the worst happened. A doctor came and from a prescribe social distance asked some few questions. Quickly, he concluded that, it was a case of COVID-19. Immediately myself, my brother’s wife and a family friend who offered to accompany us to the hospital started crying because none of the medical personnel on duty in the hospital Emergency cared to assist after my late wife was tagged a COVID-19 case. At this time my wife whispered to my ear, that I should not allow her die. I saw my wife in pain and she keep telling me that she would not die. I cried my eyes out when i learnt that the consultant cardiologist called UNTH, informing them to admit my wife for him. That he was coming to take over her treatment, but they ignored him, saying my wife was a Coronavirus patient.

“Within a short while, after the doctor made that COVID-19 proclamation, all the medical personnel disappeared. No one bothered to come close to her while she was lying in the car helpless. And after waiting for more than 30 minutes, I saw my brother’s wife ( A Consultant’ wife) crying uncontrollably, and handing her phone to a doctor so that the husband could explain the health situation of my wife to him.

“My brother later informed me what the doctor said. He said that they had started making efforts to contact the COVID-19 medical team that would handle the case of my wife.

“He told me that the doctor he spoke with on the phone was so rude and that that UNTH doctor started accusing him of threatening him after informing him that he had to make efforts to sustain the sick alive while they make their efforts at confirming or ruling out the COVID-19.

“All attempts made by my brother to convince them that my wife was not a COVID-19 case proved abortive”, Alagbu added.

He continued: “I have never felt so incapacitated like this since I was born some 40 years ago. I saw my wife die like a foul in a hospital, and the doctors turned their backs at her and worked away without pity or compassion, he wept.

“They allowed my wife to die unattended to, all in the name of fear of COVID-19. Medical doctors watched my wife die like a soulless being. I thought it was a local movie playing when I could not get help from the Government Hospital, simply because the doctors felt my wife had COVID-19 symptom.

“I knew the worst could have happened. But, I kept calm. To my most considerable chagrin, it took the person of the Chief Medical Director of the hospital to attend to her personally and certify her dead after the sick had been in the hospital for hours without the desired attention.

“It is a sad history in my whole life watching the mother of my children died like a foul. The hospital could not open a folder or card. She came to the hospital, died after about three hours while in a car”.

At that point, Nkiru’s body was taken away from UNTH Enugu to a private mortuary.

While calling on Enugu state governor, Chief Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi and the National Center for Disease Control (NCDC), to urgently intervened on the matter, Mr. Alagbu, asked If indeed the case was a COVID-19 case, “how come there were no efforts put in place for sample collection even after death, what measures did the hospital put in place to safeguard the mortuary staff?, Why did it take the hospital hours to wear their PPE and attend to the patient? What is the hope of ordinary men in our Nigeria hospital today? How come the whole fear of COVID-19 disappeared as soon as the patient died? I am heart-wrecked because my wife died leaving behind four children, the eldest is 11 year old.

“This wicked doctors watched my wife die like a foul for a purported fear of COVID-19”, he cried via telephone.

When contacted on the allegation the chairman UNTH, Medical Advisory Committee, Dr. Valentine Ogwu, he said he was in a meeting and promised to called back which he never did after several calls and text messages.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/how-doctors-abanhdoned-my-wife-to-die-over-covid-19-suspicion.html

Its a pity. Am pained. May God console and comfort you on your loss.
Re: Nwachukwu Alagbu: UNTH Enugu Doctors Watched My Wife Die For Fear Of COVID-19 by Correcto: 8:48pm On Apr 22, 2020
Tommorrow those doctors go follow answer hero tommorow lol
OdefaGirl:

-Husband

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/how-doctors-abandoned-my-wife-to-die-over-covid-19-suspicion.html
Re: Nwachukwu Alagbu: UNTH Enugu Doctors Watched My Wife Die For Fear Of COVID-19 by snowblaq(f): 8:50pm On Apr 22, 2020
Everyone castigating the medical practitioners forgetting that they are human also and have families that also love them.... No PPE no work!!! The government has failed the masses.. Blame them and not the medical practitioners.... How much are they being paid that we expect them to act as sacrificial goats everytime?...
Re: Nwachukwu Alagbu: UNTH Enugu Doctors Watched My Wife Die For Fear Of COVID-19 by PeacenLove2: 8:52pm On Apr 22, 2020
TheGoodJoe:

By the way, what is the Ministry of Health in the State doing that they have not equipped and prepared the health officials for a possible case with Covid-19.

The sluggishness, laziness of government workers baffle me.

It beats me o. This is not a country. It is not. We need to know what we are doing. We can't just be paying taxes and be following the leads of some so called elected officials. It's exhausting trying to figure out what really is wrong with the country but when you go around and meet people, it won't really surprise you why things don't seem to work. The whole place is like a mad house.

1 Like

Re: Nwachukwu Alagbu: UNTH Enugu Doctors Watched My Wife Die For Fear Of COVID-19 by sandysaint: 8:56pm On Apr 22, 2020
Jaqenhghar:
And theu will say they want salary increase. Or that its because of salary increase they left the woman to die.

Does this make sense to you? If your sibling is a health care worker, would you be happy they saw a patient with suspected Covid-19 without basic protection and came home back to you?

Simple PPE, your government will not provide. Doctor will die, your minister of health will come and say it was his fault.

PPE's are only made available to the taskforce on Covid-19 in hospitals now whereas every health care worker in this pandemic should be wearing a PPE
Re: Nwachukwu Alagbu: UNTH Enugu Doctors Watched My Wife Die For Fear Of COVID-19 by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:56pm On Apr 22, 2020
snowblaq:
Everyone castigating the medical practitioners forgetting that they are human also and have families that also love them.... No PPE no work!!! The government has failed the masses.. Blame them and not the medical practitioners.... How much are they being paid that we expect them to act as sacrificial goats everytime?...

What stopped the hospital management from securing PPEs even though is small scale for highly suspected cases? They are working and there is a possibility of asymptomatic carriers. Depending on government alone is not the solution when the government have decided to remain docile.
Re: Nwachukwu Alagbu: UNTH Enugu Doctors Watched My Wife Die For Fear Of COVID-19 by drsibz66(m): 8:57pm On Apr 22, 2020
xpool:

Stop covering up for them.
Government has its own blame, but not this.

They refused to make attempt at stabilizing a patient. As soon as she died, PPE came out from no where. If you know how many patients die by doctors and nurses nonchalance, inefficiency, negligence and stubbornness you won't say this.

In st Joseph maternity and FMC all in Asaba, I have heard of patients that just died by the negligence of medical workers

In Nigeria when a patient dies it's always doctors fault or negligence... So far Nigeria has recorded less than 20deaths , have discharge more than 100cases of Covid 19. I can tell you that more than 80percent of these deaths are a result if a failed system. Is that fed or state hospital not supposed to have emergency personals on ground for suspected cases of Covid 19 that ought to have attended to the patient once it became a suspected case of Covid 19.
As regards to pee.... Do you know the amount of time and offices you have to visit before you can even be given a pair of ppe to attend to a patient.

With all due respect sir.... Sorry for the loss

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Passengers Flee From Bus As Nigerian Lady Believed To Be Asthmatic Dies (Video) / NMA, NARD Threaten To Withdraw Services Over Invitation Of Chinese Doctors / How Do I Treat This Painful Lump On My Face

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.