Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,564 members, 7,816,380 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:26 AM

COVID-19: Three New Cases In Ogun Are Togo Returnees – Commissioner - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / COVID-19: Three New Cases In Ogun Are Togo Returnees – Commissioner (20063 Views)

91 Begin Quarantine As More Returnees Take Land Borders / Three New Cases Of Coronavirus Confirmed In Nigeria, Totaling 25 Cases / Coronavirus: Three New Cases Confirmed In Nigeria - Punch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

COVID-19: Three New Cases In Ogun Are Togo Returnees – Commissioner by afroniger: 8:18pm On Apr 22, 2020
April 22, 2020

The Ogun government on Wednesday said the three new cases of coronavirus recorded in the state were Nigerians returning to the country from Togo.

The Commissioner for Health in Ogun, Dr Tomi Coker, disclosed this in Abeokuta during an inspection tour of the Intensive Care Unit of a 250-bed public hospital at Oke-Mosan, Abeokuta, by the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) and the World Health Organisation (WHO).

Coker explained that the three new cases were among the eight returnees from Togo travelling to Sokoto and Jos.

She noted that the returnees, the driver and the bus conductor, who were 10 in number, were stopped at the border of Imeko-Afon.

The commissioner added that three of them tested positive to the virus within 48 hours of testing while five tested negative, with two awaiting result of the test.

“About 72-hours ago,we had eight returnees from Togo heading toward Sokoto and Jos. We housed them here with a driver and a bus conductor, making 10 of them.

“We ran a test on them about 48 hours ago and out of the 10, we got eight results of which three were positive.

“They are Nigerian citizens, returning back to the nation. They were met at the border of Imeko; we were notified of their return.

” They are Nigerians returning from Togo. The important thing is that these are reported cases and if we don’t deal with them now, we may have issues of community spreading,” she said.

The commissioner maintained that five cases were transferred from Lagos to Ogun because the patients were from the same cluster and got tested in Lagos.

She encouraged the people of the state to take advantage of the mobile testing across the 20 Local Government Areas of the state to know their status.

“So, I must encourage everyone, we are out in the 20 Local Government Areas.

” We are testing each ward each day for the next 14 days so that we can avoid community spread because once we have community spread, we will have a challenge on our hands.

“However, we should expect that we are going to keep on having a ramping up of numbers.

“As we announced, we started testing population base since yesterday. When we do more tests, we are likely to have more results that are positive and the state is prepared.

” As we all know, we have four isolation centers, this being the fourth one. Ikenne has the highest capacity which is 128 beds, OOUTH has 25 beds and Iberekodo has 72 beds.

“So we are ready to scale up. We have also identified sites where we can scale up into if we come to a situation of exhausting our capacity of 300,” Coker said.

The Director General of NCDC, Dr Chikwe Ihekwazu, commended the state government for its level of preparedness in responding to the pandemic.

“We are really impressed with the momentum here and obviously this facility is one of them and we have been to several others and we are impressed by the progress made so far,” he said.

(NAN)

https://thenationonlineng.net/covid-19-three-new-cases-in-ogun-are-togo-returnees-commissioner/

4 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Three New Cases In Ogun Are Togo Returnees – Commissioner by Yemike(m): 8:20pm On Apr 22, 2020
I thought the border was shut undecided

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: COVID-19: Three New Cases In Ogun Are Togo Returnees – Commissioner by Simplyleo: 8:37pm On Apr 22, 2020
Yemike:
I thought the border was shut undecided
Not for home coming Nigerians.

If you are abroad and can find your way to your country, no one will stop you at the entry point.

Just that you will be tested. But where testing kits not available, quarantined.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: COVID-19: Three New Cases In Ogun Are Togo Returnees – Commissioner by Simplyleo: 8:38pm On Apr 22, 2020
Togo returnees or not, you have 3 new cases of COVID 19. angry

9 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Three New Cases In Ogun Are Togo Returnees – Commissioner by Buharidgeneral: 8:40pm On Apr 22, 2020
Simplyleo:

Lol
Abi oooo

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: Three New Cases In Ogun Are Togo Returnees – Commissioner by passyhansome(m): 8:59pm On Apr 22, 2020
Oh God They should be deported back

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: Three New Cases In Ogun Are Togo Returnees – Commissioner by Infogetong(f): 8:59pm On Apr 22, 2020
Are we ever going to be free from this virus when our neighbouring countries can access our borders as the like ..

Our leaders go learn by fire by force

During the lockdown,  here's a little gig for you if you don't mind making 1k per signup you get.  Register at http://top.infobet.tech/P2 and refer to http://top.infobet.tech/setup for set up instructions.
Re: COVID-19: Three New Cases In Ogun Are Togo Returnees – Commissioner by abeliver: 9:00pm On Apr 22, 2020
. imagine under lockdown I'm still fighting for FTC

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Three New Cases In Ogun Are Togo Returnees – Commissioner by Okortor: 9:00pm On Apr 22, 2020
Did they fly? Yeye govt.
Re: COVID-19: Three New Cases In Ogun Are Togo Returnees – Commissioner by KAMORUSHOBO(m): 9:00pm On Apr 22, 2020
We are in trouble

See my signature for info on how to earn free money online
Re: COVID-19: Three New Cases In Ogun Are Togo Returnees – Commissioner by dawiso9913: 9:00pm On Apr 22, 2020
smiley
Re: COVID-19: Three New Cases In Ogun Are Togo Returnees – Commissioner by FREEMADNESS: 9:01pm On Apr 22, 2020
God please give me heads up if u know u want to destroy dis world.

me I want to enjoy life small before I start shouting "VANITY UPON VANITY"
Re: COVID-19: Three New Cases In Ogun Are Togo Returnees – Commissioner by Digitalstarlite: 9:01pm On Apr 22, 2020
Dey close airport but dey don't lock border cos dose customs and immigration officer's jobs na to collect money and pass

Smh

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Three New Cases In Ogun Are Togo Returnees – Commissioner by Saintimes: 9:01pm On Apr 22, 2020
cool
Re: COVID-19: Three New Cases In Ogun Are Togo Returnees – Commissioner by Reuben700: 9:02pm On Apr 22, 2020
baba god save us oo
Re: COVID-19: Three New Cases In Ogun Are Togo Returnees – Commissioner by Kusheer(m): 9:02pm On Apr 22, 2020
It will soon turn to 1million cases in Nigeria we dey pray for the world to heal Nigeria dey announce every day what a country

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: Three New Cases In Ogun Are Togo Returnees – Commissioner by tallerSSS: 9:02pm On Apr 22, 2020
Is it that everybody has this virus already, how possible is it that every returnee from a particular place always test positive?

3 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Three New Cases In Ogun Are Togo Returnees – Commissioner by Dpharisee: 9:02pm On Apr 22, 2020
These northerners should sit in one place, where they sent from Togo to come and infect people in Ogundele State.

Re: COVID-19: Three New Cases In Ogun Are Togo Returnees – Commissioner by gurunlocker: 9:04pm On Apr 22, 2020
How are people still coming into the country when borders are locked?

Do these people want to be unfortunate?
Re: COVID-19: Three New Cases In Ogun Are Togo Returnees – Commissioner by PrinceFredo(m): 9:04pm On Apr 22, 2020
Re: COVID-19: Three New Cases In Ogun Are Togo Returnees – Commissioner by fatymore(f): 9:04pm On Apr 22, 2020
I am tired jawe.

I have subscribed like 3times this month...

Who will dash me data now....

Staying at home is data consuming angry

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Three New Cases In Ogun Are Togo Returnees – Commissioner by eleko1: 9:05pm On Apr 22, 2020
sad deep in diz thieves wicked heart,Dey dnt pray for diz pandemic to end soon,To steal is all Dey knw.Meanwhile,,Those hopeless people responsibile for the death of a pregnant lady @UNTH will not die well

4 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Three New Cases In Ogun Are Togo Returnees – Commissioner by ikombe: 9:05pm On Apr 22, 2020
Lockdown is here and you can't go out to exercise cry cry

Time to exercise in your house angry

Re: COVID-19: Three New Cases In Ogun Are Togo Returnees – Commissioner by seedorfg(m): 9:05pm On Apr 22, 2020
Togo ehnnn

Not America o, this ones are imported from Togo ..

May God see us through.
Re: COVID-19: Three New Cases In Ogun Are Togo Returnees – Commissioner by ijayopi(m): 9:05pm On Apr 22, 2020
If they don't explain you will still question them, when they do, na problem.
Simplyleo:

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Three New Cases In Ogun Are Togo Returnees – Commissioner by Nobody: 9:05pm On Apr 22, 2020
There is nothing like Coronavirus, it's just Flu, the government is lying, they want to plant 5G cable, 5G radiation is killing people not Coronavirus, the government don't want people to protest against 5G that's why they apply stay at home or social distancing.
Coronavirus will die the way it came, eat some ginger and garlic.

Don't forget Antichrist is involved too and all the revelations made in the Bible are currently happening now, the world is coming to an end etc
Re: COVID-19: Three New Cases In Ogun Are Togo Returnees – Commissioner by Reuben700: 9:06pm On Apr 22, 2020
KAMORUSHOBO:
We are in trouble

See my signature for info on how to earn free money online
Bro am intrested
Re: COVID-19: Three New Cases In Ogun Are Togo Returnees – Commissioner by PrinceFredo(m): 9:06pm On Apr 22, 2020
Dem dey mad!!! grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Naturally Get Pink Lips. / How Do I Travel With Antiretroviral Drugs For My Brother / 162 New COVID-19 Cases, 176 Discharged And 3 Deaths On Sept 5 - (1557 Tested))

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.