Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,908 members, 7,828,188 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:18 AM

Will Nigeria Win The 2006 Nations Cup - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Will Nigeria Win The 2006 Nations Cup (2714 Views)

Poll: Will we win?

Yes: 54% (6 votes)
No: 45% (5 votes)
This poll has ended

African Under 17 Nations Cup: Golden Eaglets trashed Gabon, qualifies. / So When Will Nigeria Win A Game Against Ghana? / European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Will Nigeria Win The 2006 Nations Cup by kechy(f): 5:05pm On Jan 25, 2006
The games are heating up, Egypt is getting hotter by the day.
Everyteam wants to win the cup especially the big ones that did not qualify for the world cup including our beloved Super Eagles.
Please make your guess:
WHICH TEAM WILL EVENTUALLY COME OUT AS CHAMPIONS.
My guess is the 'SUPER EAGLES'.
Re: Will Nigeria Win The 2006 Nations Cup by Farriel(m): 9:16pm On Jan 25, 2006
You should see them as eventual winners becuase you're Nigerian, most naturally. Cameroon have clearly got the most experienced and menacing side which will see them through to a fifth win. Nigeria - hmm, to tell the truth, after their match with Ghana, I really don't see them lifting the cup.
Re: Will Nigeria Win The 2006 Nations Cup by badman(m): 9:24pm On Jan 25, 2006
doubt it anyway probably senegal wud win seems this years nations cup is dry
Re: Will Nigeria Win The 2006 Nations Cup by prettyH(f): 1:56am On Jan 26, 2006
I know i'm a Nigerian but from the way Cameroun plays, it would be difficult for them not to win.
Re: Will Nigeria Win The 2006 Nations Cup by tamia(f): 2:30am On Jan 26, 2006
and the trophy goes to!!!!!! drums rollin"......... CAMEROON. yup repin" all the way
Re: Will Nigeria Win The 2006 Nations Cup by opemogaji(m): 2:43am On Jan 26, 2006
the cups goes 22222222222 SUPER EaGlES grin WAteva yooooo
Re: Will Nigeria Win The 2006 Nations Cup by AguNwoke(m): 4:34am On Jan 26, 2006
Nigeria ke?
Win the Cup of Nations??
IMPOSSIBLE!!!!

Only if, ALL the other countries team players pullout of the tournament due to injury!!! shocked
chei!!!

Mek una cool down, just fooling grin grin grin
Naija and Cameroon for the finals!!!
Re: Will Nigeria Win The 2006 Nations Cup by Chxta(m): 4:35am On Jan 26, 2006
I think we should wait until they've all played worthy opponents before judging. Watching yesterday's match between Angola and DR Congo, I felt very ashamed that Naija failed to make the world cup.
Re: Will Nigeria Win The 2006 Nations Cup by dejiolowe: 9:13am On Jan 26, 2006
super eagles to win the world cup? fat chance. this is not about patrotism, we ain't just IT
Re: Will Nigeria Win The 2006 Nations Cup by kechy(f): 9:46am On Jan 26, 2006
Chxta:

I think we should wait until they've all played worthy opponents before judging. Watching yesterday's match between Angola and DR Congo, I felt very ashamed that Nigeria failed to make the world cup.

I sure do think Super eagles played worthy opponent in Black Stars.
As per African representatives in this year's world cup... undecided sad embarassed
Those that were supposed to qualify failed to do so; Cameroun, Senegal and Nigeria not making it... sad cry
We just have to watch Tunisia and see how they fare when the time comes.

Super Eagles go for goallllllllllsssssssssssss!
Re: Will Nigeria Win The 2006 Nations Cup by otokx(m): 9:55am On Jan 26, 2006
NO, we wont.
Re: Will Nigeria Win The 2006 Nations Cup by Ceekay(m): 10:14am On Jan 26, 2006
NAIJA will beat zimbabwe, well i think OBAGOL'S a nice goal poacher, ummh.. senegal's gat 2 go, we will qualify surely.. OK SORRY OOO!! U were talkin' of WINNING the AFCON? well its simple..NEVER..!! NOT WITH DAT S**T WE PLAY'D against GHANA
Re: Will Nigeria Win The 2006 Nations Cup by kechy(f): 10:19am On Jan 26, 2006
otokx:

NO, we wont.

We wont what?

Anyway, I'm willing to give the eagles a chance.
I believe in the team we have now.

I know Eto'o is great but eagles we pass through him unscathed.
Re: Will Nigeria Win The 2006 Nations Cup by otokx(m): 10:29am On Jan 26, 2006
@kechy: if you like give them the only tickect abi all the chance in the world. Its simply not possible. Look at cameroon and tunisia. We should be a bit more objective. This tournament is not about who make mouth pass?
Re: Will Nigeria Win The 2006 Nations Cup by kechy(f): 10:51am On Jan 26, 2006
Let's just wait and see.
The best team will definately emerge victorious.
Re: Will Nigeria Win The 2006 Nations Cup by giddy(m): 11:12am On Jan 26, 2006
safe for our vulnerable defence, we have the calibre of players that can bring the cup to Nigeria
Re: Will Nigeria Win The 2006 Nations Cup by DASKACE(m): 11:56am On Jan 26, 2006
If winning the AFCON 2006 is just about talent, then I think we have the best chance of coming out victorious in the tourney. With all due respect to the likes of Cotedvoire and Cameroon, I can't see them stopping the Super Eagles. I only dread the Cattage Eagles of Tunisia coz those guys are awesome when it comes to African Soccer.
Re: Will Nigeria Win The 2006 Nations Cup by dblock(m): 12:09pm On Jan 26, 2006
Nigeria can be compared to Cameroon in football, I don't see why you have to doubt. The Only thing is we're going to have to play like a real team. Cameroon has the advantage because they are already a team and a strong team too. While on the other hand the super eagles are a strong players. If we get together and play real even a 4-0 win isn't out of our reach
Re: Will Nigeria Win The 2006 Nations Cup by murphite(m): 12:51pm On Jan 26, 2006
i think nigeria national team can win this 2006 natioa cup if all our players are determined,committed and continue with the spirit they played against ghana.Oppositions from cameroon,Tunisia and Eypte can be tough but with our calibre of players,we can win the cup.
Re: Will Nigeria Win The 2006 Nations Cup by whizkid(f): 1:07pm On Jan 26, 2006
As much as I would love to be a patriot but truth be told, I do not see the Super Eagles lifting the Nations cup. Come on, they managed a 1-0 win over the black Stars of Ghana ( Ghana that Togo beat 3-1 in a friendly match).

On the contrary, I see Cameroun winning. Samuel Etoo kiss is simply splendid! He is not the world thirdĀ  player by chance and I see him winning the CAF award a third time.

I hope though that at least the super Eagles make it to the quater finals.
Re: Will Nigeria Win The 2006 Nations Cup by suaveaub(m): 2:00pm On Jan 26, 2006
Let us stop deceiving our selves nigeria is not going to win that is the truth. cool[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font][b][/b]
Re: Will Nigeria Win The 2006 Nations Cup by CimonJorr(m): 2:15pm On Jan 26, 2006
Me thinks Cameroun had the most lethal strike force..

However, me thinks Nigeria has a pretty decent defense..

So, let's see what happens in due course.. Football isn't mathemathics... (even though it may be analysed by statisticsĀ  wink )
Re: Will Nigeria Win The 2006 Nations Cup by bolaoni(m): 3:17pm On Jan 26, 2006
Will Nigeria win the ANC? lipsrsealed

From what I have seen so far, the countries with CLEAR chances are: Cameroun, Tunisia and maybe Egypt! Where we stand will be clearer after the Q-Finals.
Re: Will Nigeria Win The 2006 Nations Cup by tunjikrown(m): 3:21pm On Jan 26, 2006
We are going to win! the boys can make it..... you just siddon and look!
Re: Will Nigeria Win The 2006 Nations Cup by suaveaub(m): 3:55pm On Jan 26, 2006
let us watch if i am liaring time will tell okay bye from austine
Re: Will Nigeria Win The 2006 Nations Cup by badman(m): 4:50pm On Jan 26, 2006
u guys saying nigeria is winning this nations cup are just trying to be patrotic, guess u guys didnt watch cameroun or senegals match i think those two are playing the final
Re: Will Nigeria Win The 2006 Nations Cup by suaveaub(m): 5:02pm On Jan 26, 2006
i am not a prophet of doom i am serious on what i am sayin God loves nigeria but our players are not preapred for it that winning.[i][/i] grin
Re: Will Nigeria Win The 2006 Nations Cup by bolaoni(m): 5:19pm On Jan 26, 2006
U need not be a Prophet to tell us what will happen. Don't think we also need a prophet to do that for us. We all know what will happen at the end of the day.
Re: Will Nigeria Win The 2006 Nations Cup by badman(m): 5:32pm On Jan 26, 2006
u guys should have known before now that nigeria's position is always the third.so expect third place frm them
Re: Will Nigeria Win The 2006 Nations Cup by Oracle(m): 5:39pm On Jan 26, 2006
I think evryone's being nationalistic
but nigeria's really hot
anyway itz no big deal if they dont win
but they'll go far
Re: Will Nigeria Win The 2006 Nations Cup by hayo(m): 5:49pm On Jan 26, 2006
Truth is Cameroun has an experienced side with heavy reliance on Samuel Eto'o.
I can't see them as an unbeatable side.... just check out their opponents in this Nations Cup.
I am kinda happy with our group. We have quality sides and what Eguavoen needs to do is improve his left-full back position by playing an experienced person (Apologies to Garba Lawal's haters) who will assist Taye Taiwo when he starts his adventurous games. We will also see Obafemi Martins peppering keepers' eyes when Utaka the attacker starts playing from next march.
I also think that our midfield will be strenghtened when Okocha starts playing or Mikel is given a chance to come in. Once the midfield is strong and Taye Taiwo is covered, we can go all the way. But don't forget that elements of luck come in to game because there will be just one winner. But with the quality of the other teams I have seen; we have a bright chance! I am just very sad that Africa stands the threat of disgrace in the World cup with the likes of Angola and Togo. Only Tunisia and Ghana ( They need Essien and their strikers have to be more confident) has impressed me in this nations cup so far, I have not seen any quality play from Ivory Coast despite their two victories.
Re: Will Nigeria Win The 2006 Nations Cup by djcrucifix(m): 5:53pm On Jan 26, 2006
Hi, i am not trying to be unpatriotic or something like that but i do not think that this is Nigeria's year, i will say Cameroon is on the top of my list and Nigeria would be around 4th on it.

(1)

Predict & Win: Uefa Champions League Final 2005/06 / Should Westerhof Be Hired Again? / Which Language Does The Referee Uses To Talk Wit Players On The Pitch?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.