Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,935 members, 7,828,267 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:40 AM

Why Do I Always Forget My Dreams Before Waking Up From Bed? - Religion (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do I Always Forget My Dreams Before Waking Up From Bed? (57315 Views)

Catholic Church Believes In Separation From Bed, Not Divorce - Father Oluoma / I Keep Seeing My Dead Nephew In My Dreams! / Why Do Memories Of Vivid Dreams Disappear Soon After Waking Up? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do I Always Forget My Dreams Before Waking Up From Bed? by iretiolu92(f): 10:59pm On May 05, 2020
Bukden16:

Is it true?
See as village people confused.
lolzzz
Re: Why Do I Always Forget My Dreams Before Waking Up From Bed? by dj5naira(m): 10:45pm On May 09, 2020
makavele:
Everybody dreams, babies do. Even dogs are claimed to. You must dream every night unless you dont sleep soundly and deeply. The average human will dream at least 4 times every night provided they sleep soundly.
Now truth is your body enter into shallow sleep where u can still hear sounds and a bit aware of your environment,... then it enters deep sleep where you dream for some minutes and it exits back to shallow sleep.
If you wake up during the dream, maybe due to noise, or somebody tapped u or the alarm clock, you will always remember the dream cos u were in the middle of it.
but if you exit the deep sleep stage and go back to shallow sleep, your brain wipes of the dream memory and prepares for a new one. If you sleep soundly all thru the night, the next morning you'll remember nothing. Thats what make people say they dont dream, which is impossible.
Lastly, dreams are most often a recollection or acting out of your thoughts during the day. That is why you can recognize friends and family you have met and cannot dream of people you havent seen before or places you have not been to. If you see yourself in America in a dream, then you have been there or seen it a million times on TV or the internet.
That is why nobody could even dream of Corona virus like that poster was asking: "why did nobody see corona virus in their dreams"?
Cheers.
Toxay:

Did you graduate as the best,2nd best it third best student in your school.
Did you know about covid-19 prior to its emergence?
afroxyz:
How come none of you dreamt of Corona virus
CharlyG1:
Hello Everyone.

I greet you all in the name of Jesus. I trust that God is still doing great things in our lives.
God has done great things in my life and He is still doing great things. In time, I’ll share my testimonies.

I bless Him for everyone here.

The purpose of this thread remains the same. To expose the works of darkness mainly, and to bring people into the Light of Jesus Christ. This mission will never be defeated in our lives by the grace of God. Whether on this thread or not, we should spread the gospel of Jesus to everyone around us through various means. I encourage everyone to share the word of God and share their spiritual experiences and testimonies.

This world is coming to an end, whether anyone likes it or not. The world is dying.

I remember the Lord spoke to me so many years back when I was quite younger. He asked me ‘What is significant about the year 2020’? And then He answered ‘The River Aphrah'.

I did not understand what He meant all these years. Some prophecies are so difficult to unlock because they have been reserved to be known only when their fulfillment time approaches.
But at the same time, God wants us to find things out by studying His word and drawing closer to Him.

When you do not understand a dream or say a word of prophecy, search the scriptures, study and ask God. For it is the glory of God to conceal a matter, and the glory of Kings to search out that matter. Proverbs 25:2

And so after so many years of pondering, studying and searching and asking God, my spiritual understanding became opened to this prophecy. I used to think that the ‘Aphrah’ God was talking about was a physical river (Afra) on this earth in Bangladesh. But now I realized that ‘Afra’ is actually ‘Aphrah’, mentioned once in the Bible by the prophet Micah in the book of Micah 1:10.

Micah was giving a prophecy from God; talking about the house of Aphrah rolling themselves in the dust. This was an act usually done by ancient people as a sign of mourning. Aphrah itself means ‘dust’. I never saw this in the Bible. I was amazed.

Now the prophecy God gave me is in connection with God’s word in the book of Micah, a hint for me to understand the mystery behind the prophecy.

River Aphrah isn’t about a river. But River Aphrah being the significant thing to happen in the year 2020 means that in the year 2020 there will be a great mourning and death in the world.

Prophetically,
River/Aphrah = Plenty or World death/mourning (and any other dreadful things that will cause great mourning and suffering in the earth).
I will not go into details on this.

I do not know what would stir a dreadful event to happen in the year 2020. Maybe a war, maybe some pestilence. I do not know. It might happen in some parts of the world or even in all parts of the world. But it will be a great occurrence, one that the world has never seen before. This prophecy was given to me so many years back, say 10 years ago or more, not very certain. But it’s meaning has just been given now.

This prophecy is given so that we can be on guard. Be watchful. Be steadfast in God. Be strong in faith and realize now that this world is not our HOME.

Spend time with God. Have a daily scheduled appointment with God.
We are becoming too careless with our lives, forgetting why we are in this world and where we ought to be after this world.

No one forgets to brush their teeth or have their bath in a day. But why do we forget to find time to pray to God or read our Bibles? It should be inculcated within us to spend time with God everyday. There's no time for playing around. Jesus could come at any moment, and He will come when the world least expects it. That would be in a time of great sin of course. No one would want to be left behind in this corrupt world but what are doing about it?

When you have an upcoming examination, do you not prepare and study well so that you can pass that exam in flying colours. That is the same way we ought to prepare for the coming of our Lord Jesus.

Yes, We are imperfect but the strive for perfection must continue. Philippians 3:12

If we know how to create schedules for work activities and other self activities, we should put it in our schedule to also create time for God. The world is running at a fast rate, it seems like someone just fast forwarded the time on the clock. Every day goes by so fast. Or perhaps, It is sin and so much worldly activities that has caused this to happen. We are now in the middle of the year, when the year only began yesterday.

Sin has a huge effect not only on us but on the world we live in. On the earth.

In the beginning, when Cain killed Abel, the earth opened up HER mouth to take in Abel's blood. This alone would automatically create a curse on Cain, which God later came to reiterate to Him. Cain was cursed of the earth. Genesis 4:11

When God and His two angels visited Abraham. He told Abraham that He was on His way to Sodom and Gomorrah to see if the cry from the city was really in the measure of the sin committed there. Genesis 18:20-21.
Abraham began to beg God with great efforts that He should spare Sodom and Gomorrah if He found just ten righteous people in that city. Apparently, there were fewer than ten people in the city for God destroyed the city, saving only Lot and his family. #sigh. You know the rest of the story.

Creation cries out to God. Sin puts us in bad position with God. Have you ever wondered why the earth and all of creation cry out to God? Isaiah 24:5-6,

Romans 8:20-23 tells us ‘For we know that the whole of creation has been groaning and travailing in pain together as in the pains of childbirth even until now. The earth is subjected (in bondage) because of the defilement and sin of mankind.

In the beginning, there was a cleansing of the earth (the flood). In these times, there will be a filtering (the rapture).

This can happen at any time. Best to be on God’s side before this takes place.

I have decided not to allow worldly activities take out much of my time anymore. Sometimes I wonder how I became so much involved in working so hard for this world and working lesser for God. How did that even happen in the first place? Well, it’s not hard to see. It’s a strategy satan has put in place to make the world difficult to live in. So to live comfortably, one must work hard. And working hard usually tends to mean spending less time with God. So we procrastinate things when it comes to God.

Satan has filled this world up with sin, chaos, violence, worldly knowledge and I don’t care attitudes.

Almost every Kid now at say the age of 8yrs old already knows how to operate an ipad or a smart phone. But how many of those kids know where the book of John is in the Bible? How many know their bibles so well as their smart phones? What are we teaching our kids? Are we saving them or killing them?

Many adults are so regular and punctual on Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat etc. If it’s not the latest DP today, it would be something else the next day. They spend so much time exposing their personal lives to the world. All for what purpose? Have you spent that much time with Jesus or preaching about Him?

God will ask these questions on that great day.

Everyone seems to be always busy. We are always busy, always in a rush, forgetting that our very existence is for God and not to be busy for this world.

I urge everyone of us to find some time in our daily lives to dedicate to God. Find time to speak to Him. He is your Father for Pete’s sake and He is the very reason you are here on earth. Pick up your bible and read it. Let it not depart from you. (Joshua 1 vs 8. It will help you and not kill you.

Sometimes we wonder why we no longer hear God speak to us. Well, you got your answer.
It’s because we prefer to waste our time on baseless activities and ignore the things that concern God.

Look, when you sin you should ask God for forgiveness and repent from sin. Do not make that sin a habit and do not hold a guilty feeling in your heart for God will forgive you. But when you commit habitual sin you expose yourself to evil forces of darkness. Creation cries out against the sins of man. You will delay the blessings of God from coming to you. And not only will satan argue in God’s presence to bring you to condemnation, but you would have opened yourself to a strongman demon.

The work of the strongman is to keep you in that sin. Hence, the name strongman comes from the demon’s duty, to stand strong in a person’s life and keep them in their habitual sin no matter how they struggle to come out of that sin. Sin that makes you a worldly genius, always busy and never spending time with God or even your family. Sin of any type. God wants you out of it.

The Lord wants me to tell us at this moment as I type this that if you are homosexual here, please quit homosexuality and run fast to Him. There are s*x demons on a rampage to bring people to their knees in sin. The homosexual spirit is a terrible and subtle one and it will tear this world apart bit by bit. Desist from such sin.

Just this morning. God showed me a revelation of some people escaping from the prisons of terrible demons, (the Strongman kind of demons). These people already tried to escape several times but were caught and tortured. But this time around, God gave them grace and wisdom so they could they escape.

Escaping was very difficult because the territory of the enemy was a in a very high mountainous ground. Their enemies were gigantic (giants) in size and beastly in nature. So this time around, they gained spiritual knowledge from God and learnt how to fly, outsmarting their enemies.

On that very night, they first overcame the lesser demons in the prison rooms (killing them), and flew up high in the sky, far away, going to where the rest of the saints were awaiting them. But the strongest of the demons later realized they had escaped and flew after them in a hot pursuit.

As they approached their destination, they could see the saints on the ground waiting for them with happiness written all over their faces. The demon was still behind them. The remaining saints watched the demon in the sky chasing after one of their own (the saints on the run). So they all stood straight with drawn swords, ready to battle the demon as they touched ground. smiley

If you are here and you do not believe in anything of the spirit realm or you don’t believe that there is a Kingdom of Heaven and a Kingdom of Darkness, then I really feel sorry for you.

No one can force you to give your life to Jesus Christ, we can only pray for you and urge you to repent and give your life to Jesus, so that like Paul you come to realize that Jesus is indeed the Saviour of this world.

God bless you. Stand in the gap for one another. May the grace of our Lord continue to be with us all. Amen. smiley
Re: Why Do I Always Forget My Dreams Before Waking Up From Bed? by Princewell2012(m): 7:20pm On May 10, 2020
silifx:
this is what you will do
then thank me later.

is not just for you but for everyone. if you are in her category then listen up.

whenever you are about to dose off (sleep) lie down with your back flat on the bed like a corpse. in fact just position yourself like a corpse in a coffin.

that is all you need to remember your dream.

don't mind people that will come and tell you to pray and blah bla.

Thanks. pls i always eat in the dream, how do i stop it? am not happy about it.
Re: Why Do I Always Forget My Dreams Before Waking Up From Bed? by Princewell2012(m): 7:56pm On May 10, 2020
wahoom:

From experience, it's like he has a friendnemy. He has somebody close to him that is working against him.

Good evening sir. I always eat in the dream, and i dont like it. Please how do i stop it? I even created a thread about it. Though no comment yet. God bless you.
Re: Why Do I Always Forget My Dreams Before Waking Up From Bed? by Princewell2012(m): 8:57pm On May 10, 2020
PERVENCHE:

everyone who falls asleep dreams. to remember your dream, stay still for about 4 to 5 minutes on your bed without moving or thinking when you wake up. do not give your brain any task. in this age, some may reach for their phone immediately they wake up or start their morning prayers. if you spend 5 minutes without tasking the brain or body, the brain will task itself and the 1st task is to collate your dreams. in the process of collation, you will remember your dreams. then you can pray or reach for your phone or use the bathroom etc.

some dreams are so vivid and intense we naturally remember them. others are short and transcend well may hardly recall them.

some drugs like marijuana and legally approved pharmaceutical drugs have side effects; the loss of short term memory. this can affect the brains' ability to recall and collate dreams.

like in everything in life, practice is needed. with time, you will get the hang of it.

I always eat in my dream.
Re: Why Do I Always Forget My Dreams Before Waking Up From Bed? by Princewell2012(m): 9:30pm On May 10, 2020
[quote author=Perfectbeing post=88819838]Whatever you see or do when awake and have no problem with, you shouldn't have a problem seeing or doing it in the dream too.
Simple!
If you don't have a problem swimming, eating, drinking, flying in real life, why are you suddenly bothered by any of these when you do them in your dreams?
Why should seeing a common snake become a big deal when you see it in the dream whereas you see a snake when you are awake and you don't give any mysterious interpretation to it?
Why should swimming or eating become a big deal in the dream when you eat and swim every day?
Do you think you are going to die whenever you walk past where they sell caskets or whenever you see one in a burial?
Why then do you now suddenly think or believe there is imminent death for you or a loved one when you see the same casket in your dream?
And why can't you interpret seeing a casket or a burial in the dream to mean

Oh you have realy made my day.
I always eat in my dream, is it normal? thanks.
Re: Why Do I Always Forget My Dreams Before Waking Up From Bed? by Perfectbeing(m): 11:23am On May 11, 2020
[quote author=Princewell2012 post=89409498][/quote]
Is eating while you're awake normal?
Re: Why Do I Always Forget My Dreams Before Waking Up From Bed? by tobby20: 10:42pm On May 11, 2020
ayobamiJR:

Its absolutely normal to forget your dream.

But to be conscious of the happenings, you'll master LUCID DREAMING.

I've paid attention to dreams that I can effect anything I want in my dream.

How did you master lucid dreaming .. Teach me abeg
Re: Why Do I Always Forget My Dreams Before Waking Up From Bed? by Nobody: 12:18am On May 12, 2020
tobby20:

How did you master lucid dreaming .. Teach me abeg

You'll read books, it will help.

And mind you, People can learn it instinctively, Focus your mind on your dreams and get a pen and paper by your side every night.

You'll start to understand how it works.
Re: Why Do I Always Forget My Dreams Before Waking Up From Bed? by Princewell2012(m): 11:38pm On May 12, 2020
Perfectbeing:

Is eating while you're awake normal?

Am sorry i have not been online since then.

Eating while you awake is nomal. But i was talking about eating while sleeping.
Re: Why Do I Always Forget My Dreams Before Waking Up From Bed? by Perfectbeing(m): 2:31am On May 13, 2020
Princewell2012:

Am sorry i have not been online since then.

Eating while you awake is nomal. But i was talking about eating while sleeping.

If eating while awake is normal to you, why should it be abnormal in your dream?
Re: Why Do I Always Forget My Dreams Before Waking Up From Bed? by Modester1984: 10:24am On Jul 13, 2020
Hmmm, what a world, thank God you are concerned. My first question is are you born agian ?. If yes then just ask the person of the holy Spirit to help you remember any dream he reveals to you. But if you are not born agian, what you need is Jesus. Just surrender you life and character to him genuine and I tell you, forget dreams will be a thing of the past. Except the one God don't want you to bother about. Jesus loves you dearly.
Re: Why Do I Always Forget My Dreams Before Waking Up From Bed? by UndauntedYOCA(f): 4:36pm On Jul 14, 2020
determination26:
These days, I feel so confused. I used to dream a lot in the past and also remember my dreams but I think I've corrupted my mind and soul with the things of the world. I also used to have that dream of seeing my old classmates and being in my old secondary school and to be honest, my life feels like I'm constantly taking one step front and three steps backwards no matter how hard I try. I've tried going to churches to get genuine help, the last one I went to, a supposedly strong woman of God requested for some crates of minerals or malt plus my prayer request in an envelope with some money in it. Right now, I'm considering seeking help from a spiritualist because it seems like pastors have failed me, I'm married with kids and all my efforts to better my life keeps proving abortive. I need a way out, I promised myself I'd give my kids a great life and for their sake I'm willing to go to any length(excluding human sacrifice) to know what's going on.
Did you find the help you needed?
Re: Why Do I Always Forget My Dreams Before Waking Up From Bed? by determination26(m): 9:20am On Jul 15, 2020
UndauntedYOCA:

Did you find the help you needed?
I don't really know how to answer that question. I'm very thankful for everything, somehow everyday has taken care of itself but I feel as though I'm made for more.
Re: Why Do I Always Forget My Dreams Before Waking Up From Bed? by UndauntedYOCA(f): 10:19am On Jul 15, 2020
determination26:
I don't really know how to answer that question. I'm very thankful for everything, somehow everyday has taken care of itself but I feel as though I'm made for more.
Glad to read this, I usually manifest things through my mind. I can't really explain though but it works for me, I haven't achieved much in life but I used to be very low in life, really. Thank goodness for the type of person I am, someone else could have gone through bouts of depression and attempted suicides, I'm not where I wan to be but I'm not where I used to be. Check your mail.
Re: Why Do I Always Forget My Dreams Before Waking Up From Bed? by tabithababy(f): 1:07pm On Jul 18, 2020
jeph19:

Yes drop your mail so I'll send you prayer rain by Dr. Olukoya, it will help improve his prayer life

Good afternoon Sir. Please can you help me send the prayer r

Thank you so much Sir
Re: Why Do I Always Forget My Dreams Before Waking Up From Bed? by ignis: 6:10am On Jul 13, 2021
kudosamass:
The solution is to use Amethyst Crystals. Put it under your pillows or bed

What is the connection ?
Re: Why Do I Always Forget My Dreams Before Waking Up From Bed? by EverythingPhone(m): 6:17pm On Nov 18, 2023
It happens to me too...The thing just tire me

Just yesterday i dreamt but couldn't remember

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

‘No Controversy Over My US Election Prophecy’ - TB Joshua / Virgin Mary Miracle Of The Sun In Lagos On 28th Oct. 2017 (Video) / I’m Human, I Need Sex Not Bible Verses Alone- Pastor’s Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.