Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,970 members, 7,821,397 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:26 PM

Pls Has Anyone Used Dove Bar Soap Before? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Pls Has Anyone Used Dove Bar Soap Before? (16981 Views)

I Sold Soap And Dried Fish In Lagos Before Everything Changed. / Things I Saw In A Coded Bar/motel, Bothering Me About Marriage! / "My Second Wife Is Sweeter, We Own Bar, Started Church" - Zimbabwean Pastor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Has Anyone Used Dove Bar Soap Before? by Nobody: 1:02pm On Apr 23, 2020
Someone just dashed me 2 packs and I don't know, I am scared to use a soap with 'moisturising cream' in it, sounds like a scam.

Has anyone used it before? Is it good?

I heard it doesn't foam?

Pls what are your thoughts on this soap if you have used it before.

Does it do anything for skin? What are your thoughts on using it?

Pls would greatly appreciate answers, God bless.

1 Like

Re: Pls Has Anyone Used Dove Bar Soap Before? by Tozic: 1:04pm On Apr 23, 2020
You should have included the image....
Re: Pls Has Anyone Used Dove Bar Soap Before? by sexylassie2(f): 1:06pm On Apr 23, 2020
It will make you darker.

Dove is imported wasnt made for black people skin, you will get more darker especially with the amount of fakes in the market.
Re: Pls Has Anyone Used Dove Bar Soap Before? by RoyalBlak007: 1:06pm On Apr 23, 2020
If you have not been using it for a while

Do not try to....

1 Like

Re: Pls Has Anyone Used Dove Bar Soap Before? by Mstick: 1:17pm On Apr 23, 2020
Yes I do. What country was is made in? one thing so many people don't know is that so different countries make their own dove. The USA dove is more expensive and Germany is cheaper.

I recommend the USA dove, you can melt it in a microwave and add anything you want.

4 Likes

Re: Pls Has Anyone Used Dove Bar Soap Before? by Nobody: 1:34pm On Apr 23, 2020
Mstick:
Yes I do. What country was is made in? one thing so many people don't know is that so different countries make their own dove. The USA dove is more expensive and Germany is cheaper.

I recommend the USA dove, you can melt it in a microwave and add anything you want.

it's the USA own.

Is it recommended for oily skin?

Is it true that it doesn't foam and leaves your body sticky?

3 Likes

Re: Pls Has Anyone Used Dove Bar Soap Before? by sisisioge: 1:40pm On Apr 23, 2020
Yes! Been using it on and off for 10yrs now.

It moisturizers your skin by leaving that after bath feel of cream and makes you darker. I'm fine with the dark and absolutely love the moisturizer in it.

It also has lovely fragrance and doesn't "foam" too much.

I especially love the gentle exfoliating variant....you won't look back.

5 Likes

Re: Pls Has Anyone Used Dove Bar Soap Before? by Nobody: 1:41pm On Apr 23, 2020
sisisioge:
Yes! Been using it on and off for 10yrs now.

It moisturizers your skin by leaving that after bath feel of cream and makes you darker. I'm fine with the dark and absolutely love the moisturizer in it.

It also has lovely fragrance and doesn't "foam" too much.

I especially love the gentle exfoliating variant....you won't look back.
thank you.
Re: Pls Has Anyone Used Dove Bar Soap Before? by sisisioge: 1:42pm On Apr 23, 2020
Mstick:

Wow! Didn't know that. No wonder I buy my pack of 4 for N1050 and sometimes see one bar of some other variant for more than half of that. Any particular special thing with the US produced ones?
Re: Pls Has Anyone Used Dove Bar Soap Before? by Ishilove: 1:45pm On Apr 23, 2020
Used it once and hated it. It's oily and you have to keep pouring water on your body because no matter how you scrub, you still feel grimy because of the oil residue

4 Likes

Re: Pls Has Anyone Used Dove Bar Soap Before? by kimoyo: 1:47pm On Apr 23, 2020
Some pediatrician recommend it for babies with some skin conditions. If it works for it, I wouldn't know

2 Likes

Re: Pls Has Anyone Used Dove Bar Soap Before? by Nobody: 1:56pm On Apr 23, 2020
I've used it once and ended up throwing it in the trash after that one use.
Re: Pls Has Anyone Used Dove Bar Soap Before? by teresafaith: 1:57pm On Apr 23, 2020
If you're not dark skin, don't use it. It darkens the skin
Re: Pls Has Anyone Used Dove Bar Soap Before? by Spechialone(f): 2:10pm On Apr 23, 2020
Doesn't foam and it darkens you. You don't get that 'clean feeling' after taking your bath
Re: Pls Has Anyone Used Dove Bar Soap Before? by Nobody: 2:17pm On Apr 23, 2020
sexylassie2:
It will make you darker.

Dove is imported wasnt made for black people skin, you will get more darker especially with the amount of fakes in the market.

Dear poster, this is very untrue.
It is a moisturizing cream bar, does exactly that, even making you not need moisturizing lotion or cream on hot days. It is just like Olay. Good and affordable for dry skin . It is not a bleaching/brightening/lightening/toning/milklike lipsrsealed soap and I endorse it.
The dermatology department of teaching hospitals also endorse it. It does not make you dark. What it doesn’t do is make you lighter or whiter cool.

I am curious to know what the poster has been using considering that Dove is one of the cheap moisturizing non bleaching soaps around.

12 Likes

Re: Pls Has Anyone Used Dove Bar Soap Before? by LilMissFavvy(f): 2:41pm On Apr 23, 2020
I am fair, I used it, it made me dark. I guess it's for darker or brown skin tone.

1 Like

Re: Pls Has Anyone Used Dove Bar Soap Before? by LilMissFavvy(f): 2:44pm On Apr 23, 2020
I have used it, it darkened me terribly. I have used Olay as well, olay did not darken me.
merahki:

It is a moisturizing cream bar, does exactly that, even making you not need moisturizing lotion or cream on hot days. It is just like Olay. Good and affordable for dry skin . It is not a bleaching/brightening/lightening/toning/milklike lipsrsealed soap and I endorse it.
The dermatology department of teaching hospitals also endorse it. It does not make you dark. What is doesn’t do is make you lighter or whiter cool.

I am curious to know what the poster has been using considering that Dove is one of the cheap moisturizing non bleaching soaps around.

1 Like

Re: Pls Has Anyone Used Dove Bar Soap Before? by crackkhaus: 2:47pm On Apr 23, 2020
If the soap brand you've been making use of works very well for you, I really don't see the point in changing to another.

Women sef, una must try every beauty product... Na wah!

Go and dash somebody the soap abeg.

10 Likes

Re: Pls Has Anyone Used Dove Bar Soap Before? by Nobody: 2:49pm On Apr 23, 2020
LilMissFavvy:
I have used it, it darkened me terribly. I have used Olay as well, olay did not darken me.

Everybody around me uses or have used it. For upto ten years, more even. Different age ranges. Only one person complained of darkening and of course I made her see how weird that is to me(when she is a dark person). Of course I SMH.
By the third use she started talking about being brighter. It is not a skin blackener, it is not a bleacher/toner either...simply just moisturises. Maybe you bought the fake one?

When I was using Dove and Olay I usually gravitated to Olay cos it smelt nicer to me, that’s all.

1 Like

Re: Pls Has Anyone Used Dove Bar Soap Before? by Deepfeel(m): 2:53pm On Apr 23, 2020
Khiaa you see what I told you before?
Re: Pls Has Anyone Used Dove Bar Soap Before? by Nobody: 2:53pm On Apr 23, 2020
merahki:

The dermatology department of teaching hospitals also endorse it. It does not make you dark. What is doesn’t do is make you lighter or whiter cool.

like I said. I was given by a friend.

I wanted feedback before using it, because I am not sure of the marketing claims. It sounds like a scam. I read the ingredients and no mention of ingredients for a moisturising lotion

Is it compulsory that people have that 'squeaky clean' feeling after using soap?

Prior to that I was using normal Eva soap.

I am dark in complexion
Re: Pls Has Anyone Used Dove Bar Soap Before? by Nobody: 2:54pm On Apr 23, 2020
kimoyo:
Some pediatrician recommend it for babies with some skin conditions. If it works for it, I wouldn't know

Lol
It is kind to paediatric skins too, I am sure of this.
Even if it is not the recommended baby soap.
Re: Pls Has Anyone Used Dove Bar Soap Before? by sexylassie2(f): 3:00pm On Apr 23, 2020
merahki:

It seems you are a dove seller, every damn body knows it makes you more darker in hot weather.

You keep bringing up different departments in Nigeria that endorse this dove soap.

We can go up and down, dove soap does not make nobody lighter.

In fact the ingredients of the soap is mainly for white skin.

You wrote dove makes you lighter and whiter then it is not a bleaching soap, basically you should have written that it is a bleaching soap.

From experience in this hot weather, it darkens the skin, the cream is the worst that one makes you smell like cheese and do more skin damage.

In cold weather, the soap makes your skin chocolate, I can go on and on, used the soap and the cream in both hot and very cold weather different results.

My verdict, dove is not suitable for hot weather.

3 Likes

Re: Pls Has Anyone Used Dove Bar Soap Before? by Nobody: 3:03pm On Apr 23, 2020
crackkhaus:
If the soap brand you've been making use of works very well for you, I really don't see the point in changing to another.

what if recession closes the company making my Normal of soap?

Will i now expose my skin to gulder ultimate search for a new brand. I need to train my skin to tolerate most soaps. (Except medicated soaps, those are too harsh for me, but I wanted something more moisturising)
Re: Pls Has Anyone Used Dove Bar Soap Before? by Nobody: 3:07pm On Apr 23, 2020
sexylassie2:

It seems you are a dove seller, every damn body knows it makes you more darker in hot weather.

You keep bringing up different departments in Nigeria that endorse this dove soap.

We can go up and down, dove soap does not make nobody lighter.

In fact the ingredients of the soap is mainly for white skin.

You wrote dove makes you lighter and whiter then it is not a bleaching soap, basically you should have written that it is a bleaching soap.

From experience in this hot weather, it darkens the skin, the cream is the worst that one makes you smell like cheese and do more skin damage.

In cold weather, the soap makes your skin chocolate, I can go on and on, used the soap and the cream in both hot and very cold weather different results.

My verdict, dove is not suitable for hot weather.
the thing is dermatologists do recommend Dove.

I just finished showering with it and it felt really wierd, like I was using a shower gel(I hate the slimy afterfeel) . I felt like I used body cream to bathe, didn't feel clean, but my skin felt soft. It also didn't lather. But there's no need for cream/body oil after using this soap.

I have a theory for this soap. It's not a cleansing soap, more for moisturising. I don't know how to feel about that. But I will recommend only for night use, not day use.Especially for the fact the ingredients are not natural, I need to do more research
Re: Pls Has Anyone Used Dove Bar Soap Before? by crackkhaus: 3:07pm On Apr 23, 2020
funmisticqueen2:
what if recession closes the company making my Normal of soap?

Will i now expose my skin to gulder ultimate search for a new brand. I need to train my skin to tolerate most soaps. (Except medicated soaps, those are too harsh for me, but I wanted something more moisturising)
Training your skin to tolerate most soaps? Lmao..
Okay then. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Pls Has Anyone Used Dove Bar Soap Before? by Nobody: 3:08pm On Apr 23, 2020
funmisticqueen2:
like I said. I was given by a friend.

I wanted feedback before using it, because I am not sure of the marketing claims. It sounds like a scam. I read the ingredients and no mention of ingredients for a moisturising lotion

Is it compulsory that people have that 'squeaky clean' feeling after using soap?
Prior to that I was using normal Eva soap.
I am dark in complexion

I cannot stand the squeaky clean feel myself. I like to be slimy cheesy
I have never used Eva but I am willing to bet that Dove is nicer for dry skin types.
It is not a scam soap (I would personally choose the made in Europe ones over any other type- usually richer, lather and slimy wise).
Well more people can give their verdicts too.
Cheers
Re: Pls Has Anyone Used Dove Bar Soap Before? by Nobody: 3:08pm On Apr 23, 2020
funmisticqueen2:
Someone just dashed me 2 packs and I don't know, I am scared to use a soap with 'moisturising cream' in it, sounds like a scam.

Has anyone used it before? Is it good?

I heard it doesn't foam?

Pls what are your thoughts on this soap if you have used it before.

Does it do anything for skin? What are your thoughts on using it?

Pls would greatly appreciate answers, God bless.

Funmi,. Coman dash me money na
Re: Pls Has Anyone Used Dove Bar Soap Before? by Ishilove: 3:09pm On Apr 23, 2020
crackkhaus:

You cannot understand grin
Re: Pls Has Anyone Used Dove Bar Soap Before? by Nobody: 3:10pm On Apr 23, 2020
ProfDview1:

Funmi,. Coman dash me money na
I no get o.

I decided to be unemployed this coronavirus period. I cannot comman die o
Re: Pls Has Anyone Used Dove Bar Soap Before? by sexylassie2(f): 3:10pm On Apr 23, 2020
Soap and cream are hit and miss in this country, especially those imported ones, that is why people have different face colour, face is lighter than body or body is lighter than face.

Dove is a big No for hot weather especially those with oily skin.
Re: Pls Has Anyone Used Dove Bar Soap Before? by Nobody: 3:11pm On Apr 23, 2020
funmisticqueen2:
I no get o.

I decided to be unemployed this coronavirus period. I cannot comman die o

OK na... U shud be brave

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Is Marriage A Distraction In A Person's Pursuit Of Success? / My Registry & Traditional Wedding / How Much Is ‘too Much’ To Spend On ‘aso Ebi’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.