Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,937 members, 7,835,122 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:08 AM

Coronavirus Will Be With Us For A Long Time – World Health Organization (WHO) - Health (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Coronavirus Will Be With Us For A Long Time – World Health Organization (WHO) (52282 Views)

14 Year Old Indian Girl Already Prophesyed When Coronavirus Will Come To An End. / Health Cluster Coordinator At World Health Organization (WHO) / Look At What World Health Organization (WHO) Projects For Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coronavirus Will Be With Us For A Long Time – World Health Organization (WHO) by Saint83(m): 4:09pm On Apr 23, 2020
W.H.O and conspiracy with China, God will expose them.
Re: Coronavirus Will Be With Us For A Long Time – World Health Organization (WHO) by Adolak(m): 4:10pm On Apr 23, 2020
Reference:

No sir. The US did not beg. Trump phoned India and threatened retaliation. Re check your facts. Anyway Chloroquine has not been proven to be effective across board. It works for some and it kills others.

Retaliation?
All these while he didn't threaten them.
So doing that now is Trump's definition of begging.

But I'm more after your claim of WHO colluding with India to stop its exportation.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus Will Be With Us For A Long Time – World Health Organization (WHO) by sylve11: 4:10pm On Apr 23, 2020
Eulalia:

Hey Mr, back off my mentions!

Learn to speak positive things to situations. Let me exercise my spiritual authority through my declarations. We are not on the same realm, so you won't undertand. Therefore stay on your lane.

All these people with exoteric knowledge sef. Oya na... sad cool
Re: Coronavirus Will Be With Us For A Long Time – World Health Organization (WHO) by sylve11: 4:12pm On Apr 23, 2020
Digmygold:

You too, sadist.

This is reality and nothing to do with being a sadist. I leave you with your OT. sad cool
Re: Coronavirus Will Be With Us For A Long Time – World Health Organization (WHO) by BackToLife: 4:15pm On Apr 23, 2020
Just like Chloroquine, many in America later regretted not buying before WHO removed it from market. Get yours while this is still available.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus Will Be With Us For A Long Time – World Health Organization (WHO) by FLYFIRE(m): 4:20pm On Apr 23, 2020
BackToLife:
Just like Chloroquine, many in America later regretted not buying before WHO removed it from market. Get yours while this is still available.
Because they want something else but WILL NOT SUCCEED

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus Will Be With Us For A Long Time – World Health Organization (WHO) by leokid866: 4:20pm On Apr 23, 2020
DAVIYJONESS:
MONDAY 27TH APRIL: The Day Nigeria Will Rise Or Fall. Civil War Loading

lagos, ogun and Abuja middleclass and the poor are vehemently waiting for a day that will determine the fate of a nation as the two category of the aforementioned can not survive more than one month of HUNGER for a disease brought into the nation by the elite.

The biggest mistake mr president will ever make is to extend the lockdown and watch the country burn! its revolution people prepare for WAR!

Its apparent nigeria can not distribute palliatives to even 1% of her Citizens of 200million. The best decision is to open the economy and adopt other mechanisms to contain the spread.
If they extend the lockdown you that you are shouting civil war are you prepared for such, if such happens how long do you think you would last in such a situation combined with coronavirus, you say the elites brought it into the country all those other people who returned from uk,us, and India that brought it along with themy what about them? You better stop spreading fear and prepare for a long sit at home, even if they don't extend the lockdown the recommendation that will be made will not make much deference ask yourself what is better to be alive?or to be dead by some virus?
Re: Coronavirus Will Be With Us For A Long Time – World Health Organization (WHO) by SoNature(m): 4:23pm On Apr 23, 2020
DAVIYJONESS:

[s]MONDAY 27TH APRIL: The Day Nigeria Will Rise Or Fall. Civil War Loading

lagos, ogun and Abuja middleclass and the poor are vehemently waiting for a day that will determine the fate of a nation as the two category of the aforementioned can not survive more than one month of HUNGER for a disease brought into the nation by the elite.

The biggest mistake mr president will ever make is to extend the lockdown and watch the country burn! its revolution people prepare for WAR!

Its apparent nigeria can not distribute palliatives to even 1% of her Citizens of 200million. The best decision is to open the economy and adopt other mechanisms to contain the spread.[/s]

Nigerians are lily-livered people

Besides, revolution cannot happen in a country that's not united

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus Will Be With Us For A Long Time – World Health Organization (WHO) by Digmygold: 4:25pm On Apr 23, 2020
Avalancheman:

So you and your family members do your hardwork by staying at home I see!

People who died are hiding from stigmatisation

So what is the true number of deaths

Come on, don't be a lazy bone. Get ready to get out and work! The lockdown will surely be lifted.

PS: I am careful not to knock you hard on the head for obvious reasons....

So because we are home NOW on lockdown by govt directive means we are not hardworking?

Can you highlight where i said people who are DEAD are hiding from stigmatisation?

Go ask your papa what the true numbers are. I be NCDC agent?

CONCLUSION 1: You cant find any of your customers dirty pussies to drill because them no go answer you. Corona virus no gree. Nobody wan die. When we say stay married and face your responsibilities squarely una go dey rant. Jobless baby daddies Now konji don come you want to swallow Buhari for even announcing that Corona Virus is in Nigeria at all. Lol.

CONCLUSION 2: You ve been staying home all your life pretending to be a businessman meanwhile you only have stolen goods stocked up in your make belief shop that was PERMANENTLY deserted even before Corona Virus.

Wont you go and help your many broke fugly baby mamas out with your stolen loot? Are you still bitter about your ex covict stigma? cheesy

So how the lockdown come affect your online fraud business?

Gerrarrahia men!
Re: Coronavirus Will Be With Us For A Long Time – World Health Organization (WHO) by taiwopapaya(m): 4:26pm On Apr 23, 2020
Nelz77:

China did there’s with total lockdown
Don’t say what u don’t know.
china covid-19 case now is 82000+ death case is over 4623 now from 78000+ case and death 3200+ before they lift ban in wuhan city, but still no solution yet. madagascar , ghana , china , usa start to resume work when they have no choice. 1918 virus kill more than 50million of population and in year 1346-1353 also kill millions. no vaccine yet for covid-19 let people go for work in a preventive way. mon-thur for work and friday-sun lockdown with short hours worship in church for 20 people or so, muslim should wear face mask during worship. that is good.
Re: Coronavirus Will Be With Us For A Long Time – World Health Organization (WHO) by Digmygold: 4:28pm On Apr 23, 2020
sylve11:

This is reality and nothing to do with being a sadist. I leave you with your OT. sad cool

Na so.
Re: Coronavirus Will Be With Us For A Long Time – World Health Organization (WHO) by Halopy: 4:29pm On Apr 23, 2020
12inchess:

A fellow ignorant person like you will read what you wrote now and think it is making sense not knowing all you wrote there is utter rubbish. I will dispute your nonsense
1) Naming a virus after a location has been found out to be discriminatory especially against people of that place. That is why WHO has stopped doing that. Also, the fact that the Covid19 was first discovered in Nigeria doesn't mean it originated there.
2) There is no proven study that hydroxyl chloroquine works. To test a medication or therapy, you must have good control with checks and balances. Covid19 has about 3 % to 10% mortality rate. It's also more serious in older people and people with exisiting health conditions. It could be a coincidence that it works in one group against the other if the control is not well established for example if one group has way more older people or people with existing conditions.
3)Blaming WHO is dumb. WHO had always taken it seriously. Their major gafe has been not encouraging widespread use of masks irresprective of if you're showing symptoms or not. 20% are asymptomatic. But are you telling me that with all the experts and intelligence U.S has they need to rely on WHO to warn them of what was coming?? So if China say wanted to destroy U.S with a biological virus, is this how easy it would be? I do not believe they didn't know what was coming but they put economy over people and the politicians didn't listen to the experts. Even many hotspot areas in the U.S dont have masks and hand sanitizers in adequate supply so people can protect themselves and also curtail the spread.4) How is it that Nigeria a developing country is able to curtail the spread to under 1000 while U.S is just blowing up and blowing up?
I knew people like you who hates the truth or are rather gullible swallowing anything they tell you without doing your own research will come for me,

Firstly, there was never an official agreement to stop naming a pandemic after its origin, there are many issues like political, economic and diplomatic overtones in naming a virus. for example, the 2009 flu was discovered in Mexico, and they named it swine flu because, Thailand, Israel and some other countries rejected that name and insisted it must be called mexican flu because it affected the pork business globally, It was the USA that intervened and named it H1N1 its scientific name.

And this particular corona virus wasn't named Wuhan virus because some scientists lobbied for covid 19 apparently for reasons best known to them on excuses that there are more than 17 viruses attached to Wuhan alone from cricket virus to mosquito virus even zika. Not because of discrimination if any sort against Wuhan people. Read from bbc published article https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20200214-coronavirus-swine-flu-and-sars-how-viruses-get-their-names

2. That there is no study that chloroquine works is laughable. It shows you are nit in touch with realities. The FDA approved it after several clinical trials and up to date USA is using it coupled with some other drugs to treat the pneumonia caused by covid 19, just like Nigeria most people who died in USA have other health issues and they already have more than 87,000 people well treated and discharged from hospitals.

3. Saying how Nigeria keep the rate of infection under 1000 as credit is another reason I should not answer you again. Firstly Nigeria is not testing anywhere near USA or even south Africa here. Now that Lagos have about 20 sample collection centers in this week alone New confirmed cases as at yesterday was 91 cases. Which shows if more people are tested you will be amazed at how community transmission can be deadly in dealing with a contagious virus as this. And it was this your WHO that insisted mask is not necessary if your not already infected.

If it has entered Nigeria the time it got to USA, i fear Nigeria would have become the world epicenter by now. Another grace Nigeria is enjoying is that we rather have a warm weather that reduced the community transmission to only human contacts.
Re: Coronavirus Will Be With Us For A Long Time – World Health Organization (WHO) by arinzos(m): 4:37pm On Apr 23, 2020
xreal:

Lockdown is meant for the developed world.

With $1200 in America or
2,000 Canadian dollar in Canada; I will have a happy lockdown.
Big time Happy Lockdown oh
Re: Coronavirus Will Be With Us For A Long Time – World Health Organization (WHO) by Afobear: 4:42pm On Apr 23, 2020
LEBEfirstson:
..MR KNOW IT ALL!! AND TOU FAILED TO DEDUCE FROM WHAT HE IS SAYING ABOUT BACKING THE LOCKDOWN STILL? MAYBE BECAUSE HE IS STAYING IN THE SWISS WITH HIS FAMILY, ALBEIT IF HE IS STILL IN HIS EAST AFRICA COUNTRY, HE WOULDN'T BE SAYING ALL THESE THRASH.. AND FOR, MIND YOUR SORRY SELF

It is predestined unto you to be insane and moronic ... Live it up
Re: Coronavirus Will Be With Us For A Long Time – World Health Organization (WHO) by Adakintroy2: 4:44pm On Apr 23, 2020
Kaymaxi2222:
Well it's true that this virus will be around for a while.

```This is what I think about the current situation

Two main pandemics at the moment we are fighting......

1. Coronavirus
2. Hunger virus.

Two main group of people at the moment fighting the the pandemics......

1. The Rich and
2. The poor.

The the global irony and the African outlook......

The rich is afraid of the virus.

The poor is afraid of hunger.

The rich wants the poor to stay home to avoid the spread, but hunger won't allow the poor to stay home.

The poor fears that if they stay home, the hunger virus will kill them.

The rich fears that if they also come out of their homes the coronavirus will kill them.......

What a delicate situation we have .........

Opinion:
In other to restore the world or Nigeria to it's normal social equilibrium.

The rich should assist the poor with food, so that they can stay at home.

When the rich succeeds in keeping the poor at home by providing enough food.

The spread of the coronavirus which the rich fears the most will be chased out!

This is common sense.....Yet because some people have the microphones, all you hear is ...... “stay at home”.......... “stay at home” .

How can they stay at home when the hunger virus is at home.

fight coronavirus
fight Hunger```

Thanks man. That was the position of Christ.

Hey! Rich man i think you have too much much. Give some away and retain some balance.

Rich was like fucck off mate..Christ or not nobody made you a judge in this matter.
Re: Coronavirus Will Be With Us For A Long Time – World Health Organization (WHO) by Babapyro: 4:57pm On Apr 23, 2020
EdidemOluomo:

You should your brain Oga.
Theres alot goin on
It is pathetic that you lots are supposed to be the future of this country, with this level of ignorance and widespread unintelligence among you this country is done for.
Any idiot with half a brain knows this is not going away anytime soon, you have access to internet but you do not use it judiciously, the organization at the epicenter responsible for the treatment and procurement of vaccine for the pandemic is speaking and you that you're in the far end of the world is saying otherwise.
How much more unintelligent can y'all be.
Re: Coronavirus Will Be With Us For A Long Time – World Health Organization (WHO) by Babapyro: 4:59pm On Apr 23, 2020
mployer:

You are the one not using your brain.

There are lots of drugs on trial for the cure. How did he arrive at a conclusion that those drugs will not work?

You people are so dumb to swallow everything WHO dishes out. An organization that misled the whole world into believing human to human transmission of the virus was not happening.

It is pathetic that you lots are supposed to be the future of this country, with this level of ignorance and widespread unintelligence among you this country is done for.
Any idiot with half a brain knows this is not going away anytime soon, you have access to internet but you do not use it judiciously, the organization at the epicenter responsible for the treatment and procurement of vaccine for the pandemic is speaking and you that you're in the far end of the world is saying otherwise.
For the record you're the stupid one here, I just laugh at the way you kids discuss things that are way above your pay grade.
Re: Coronavirus Will Be With Us For A Long Time – World Health Organization (WHO) by Babapyro: 4:59pm On Apr 23, 2020
idonhammer:
If they can't find the cure and don't know how this whole thing started then they have no right to say how long it will last.

Re: Coronavirus Will Be With Us For A Long Time – World Health Organization (WHO) by michlins(m): 5:07pm On Apr 23, 2020
fortran12:

Where will Nigeria get the money from. Oil sales are poor and the economic power houses shutdown
if we don't have the funds to take care of our own in lockdown, we can't afford the hospital bills
Re: Coronavirus Will Be With Us For A Long Time – World Health Organization (WHO) by Naijajeodax(m): 5:22pm On Apr 23, 2020
Re: Coronavirus Will Be With Us For A Long Time – World Health Organization (WHO) by mployer(m): 5:23pm On Apr 23, 2020
Babapyro:

For the record you're the stupid one here, I just laugh at the way you kids discuss things that are way above your pay grade.

Lol. I shouldn't be arguing with someone that doesn't know the meaning of the word 'epicentre'. Go and consult your dictionary, kid.

Anyway this is a publication of the organization you have so much confident in.

Re: Coronavirus Will Be With Us For A Long Time – World Health Organization (WHO) by Halopy: 5:27pm On Apr 23, 2020
Toxay:

That sensible government will definitely not include you, talking about things you have limited knowledge confidently
I pity you
Re: Coronavirus Will Be With Us For A Long Time – World Health Organization (WHO) by Seventy7kings: 5:30pm On Apr 23, 2020
Kaymaxi2222:
Well it's true that this virus will be around for a while.

```This is what I think about the current situation

Two main pandemics at the moment we are fighting......

1. Coronavirus
2. Hunger virus.

Two main group of people at the moment fighting the the pandemics......

1. The Rich and
2. The poor.

The the global irony and the African outlook......

The rich is afraid of the virus.

The poor is afraid of hunger.

The rich wants the poor to stay home to avoid the spread, but hunger won't allow the poor to stay home.

The poor fears that if they stay home, the hunger virus will kill them.

The rich fears that if they also come out of their homes the coronavirus will kill them.......

What a delicate situation we have .........

Opinion:
In other to restore the world or Nigeria to it's normal social equilibrium.

The rich should assist the poor with food, so that they can stay at home.

When the rich succeeds in keeping the poor at home by providing enough food.

The spread of the coronavirus which the rich fears the most will be chased out!

This is common sense.....Yet because some people have the microphones, all you hear is ...... “stay at home”.......... “stay at home” .

How can they stay at home when the hunger virus is at home.

fight coronavirus
fight Hunger```
you're a wise man!
Re: Coronavirus Will Be With Us For A Long Time – World Health Organization (WHO) by SaiRuiMall: 5:32pm On Apr 23, 2020
Political WHO

Meanwhile have you checked out my signature for the real deal
Re: Coronavirus Will Be With Us For A Long Time – World Health Organization (WHO) by Nobody: 5:33pm On Apr 23, 2020
It takes a discerning mind to know this. Gbosaa to you man.

Wolgrace:
Reason Michael Jackson called them "smooth criminals" who don't care to "heal the world" because "they don't care about us" and he was eventually killed for it...

You invented the virus, gave out its name, chose Wuhan as the broke out centre through your established caliphates in Asia to confuse the world of its origin, giving predictions as if you care from your mapped out plans to bring the world to her knees under the guise of the biblical prophesy so as to stain and defy God's name, making the revelational prophecy of Jesus Christ as the inventor of the raging and fierce pandemic ravaging the world, instilling fear and chaos in the world, pushing the world to economic meltdown, depreciation of accumulated riches and increasing rate of deadlier virus called hunger virus, then force the world to accept the global peace and be vaccinated for zombie-like purposes. THE BEAST SYSTEM SHALL FALL!

UN, WHO- Mouthpieces of the American masters..

Believe WHO at your own peril. To hell with WHO....!
Re: Coronavirus Will Be With Us For A Long Time – World Health Organization (WHO) by Nobody: 5:39pm On Apr 23, 2020
Governments are either dumb or pushing an agenda. Politicians are the same everywhere. US is about lifting the lockdown cuz it is and will never be sustainable.

Check you tube for Dr Rashid Butters interview on Next news network.

Digmygold:

Did their protest stop the US government from continued lockdown? They are just stupid and lawless fish brains. Governnent knows what its doing. Borders of all countries are closed and you think every government in these countries are dumb?

If people had strictly adhered to the initial two week lockdown directive and government was more proactive since the index case, we may all have been good to go by now.

Is social distancing possble in schools, crowded churches, markets, buses and banks? If this thing gets out of hand in Nigeria even the medical practitioners and frontliners will stay back in their homes and run for their lives because the government of Nigeria is not that reliable. Let us apply wisdom.

Since you say lockdown isnt the solution. What do you think the solution is?
Re: Coronavirus Will Be With Us For A Long Time – World Health Organization (WHO) by Nobody: 5:42pm On Apr 23, 2020
Unfortunately, you have heard about the 1million gang moving around and robbing people. It will only get worse. And there is so much that the security forces will do. No for very poor people, they will either choose hunger or corona . Everybody facing hunger will choose the corona virus hypothetically and therefore will do anything to fix the hunger virus first. That is the one you should fear the most. Hunger that makes a country descend into total anarchy.

Funkyswagzz:

Which mechanism if I may ask.. in this country where ppl behave like animals. Some ppl don't even believe there's anything like covid-19.

Which do u prefer,, ease the lockdown and put ppls lives in danger or extend it until the index cases are confirmed?
Re: Coronavirus Will Be With Us For A Long Time – World Health Organization (WHO) by Digmygold: 5:46pm On Apr 23, 2020
georgeiyke009:
Governments are either dumb or pushing an agenda. Politicians are the same everywhere. US is about lifting the lockdown cuz it is and will never be sustainable.

Check you tube for Dr Rashid Butters interview on Next news network.

Don't speak for the US. No one can speak for the US except the US Govt. They may or may not. So don't be too sure on your assertions that they are about lifting the lockdown as they say.

Its not that i dont want the lockdown lifted too because its getting annoying already. I am only concerned for myself, my wife, children, family and Nigeria as a whole.

PS: i do not agree that politicians are the same everywhere.They dont all spend taxpayers billions and millions buying unecessary cars like our polithievecians do here despite the bad state of the economy, unstable health care and education systems et al
Re: Coronavirus Will Be With Us For A Long Time – World Health Organization (WHO) by Nobody: 5:50pm On Apr 23, 2020
georgeiyke009:
It takes a discerning mind to know this. Gbosaa to you man.

Only few know this...

Who called and threatened Dino Melaye when he and FFK exposed Elon Musk and Bill Gates of their evil agenda surrounding the covid-19 virus, vaccination, chip implant, and artificial intelligence? Who ordered google's youtube to shut down many weblinks and youtube channels exposing their evil mapped out plans? Is it China??

Many people are still sleeping... This present chaos is one their tricks to test the commonsenses and awakeness of the zombie masses. In their deep slumbers, they are say its China..

Damn!!
Re: Coronavirus Will Be With Us For A Long Time – World Health Organization (WHO) by Ryocaj(m): 6:01pm On Apr 23, 2020
DAVIYJONESS:
MONDAY 27TH APRIL: The Day Nigeria Will Rise Or Fall. Civil War Loading

Its apparent nigeria can not distribute palliatives to even 1% of her Citizens of 200million. The best decision is to open the economy and adopt other mechanisms to contain the spread.
Nothing wey una go do. Nigerians are all talk no action.. una go just shout for social media.. patapata FG go settle everybody with small money.. This is a dilemma for me.. m sitting oh d fence on this one sha.. I want to resume work fast coz of money.. We also can't go back 2 routine coz Covid-19 is still very much outside.. As Lockdown ain't d solution.. it can also slow down infection rate massively..
What we need to do is for d govt to give cash n sufficient palliatives to citizens for d next 2weeks n embark on rapid testing.. if about enough tests are carried out in d most affected states in d next 2weeks.. D lockdown can be lifted.. n strict health guidelines should be enforced with penalties. Social distancing is key.. which I believe is nearly impossible in Lagos...
Re: Coronavirus Will Be With Us For A Long Time – World Health Organization (WHO) by Babapyro: 6:08pm On Apr 23, 2020
mployer:

Lol. I shouldn't be arguing with someone that doesn't know the meaning of the word 'epicentre'. Go and consult your dictionary, kid.

Anyway this is a publication of the organization you have so much confident in.
Do you even know what preliminary means, you're a joke.
Google the difference between preliminary and conclusion.
Re: Coronavirus Will Be With Us For A Long Time – World Health Organization (WHO) by GiZcorp: 6:15pm On Apr 23, 2020
When Mr Trump said W.H.O was Chino-centric most NL nearly ordered his execution.. I hope y'all are taking note of the rubbish this man is spewing?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

170 New Coronavirus Cases Reported. Total 2558. 400 discharged. 87 deaths / COVID-19: Countries With More Than 80% Recovery / Man Gets A Baby After Joystick Transplant (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.