Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,656 members, 7,820,289 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:36 PM

We Pray Against Witches And Village People But Can't Pray Against Bad Government - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / We Pray Against Witches And Village People But Can't Pray Against Bad Government (274 Views)

Ifayemi Elebuibon Hosts Witches And Wizards In Osun / Help! I Can't Pray For A Long Period / HELP; I Can't Pray Any More. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Pray Against Witches And Village People But Can't Pray Against Bad Government by iykbethany(m): 4:11pm On Apr 24, 2020
The way Nigerians pray against witches and village people, why can't we devote same energy to pray against bad government and corrupt politicians? Oh I forgot, we don't even know the root cause of our problems �.

It really baffles me how we see innocent poor villagers as our worst enemies yet we praise and worship the corrupt politicians that has put us in this mess?

Religiousity has made us to see every innocent old village woman as a witch. But funny enough, as you are calling other people's mother a witch, that's how other people are calling your own mother a witch too.

There is this friend of mine that lost his bank job in 2018, his pastor said it's his wicked uncle. He was refused UK visa same year and he also blamed his wicked uncle.

Fast forward to December 2019, his cousin brother was involved in a fatal motor accident and his own pastors said my friends mother is a witch and now my friend is crying claiming his mom is innocent.

Well your pastor convinced you that someone's father is EVIL man, and you don't want other people's pastors to convince them that your own mother is a witch?

Many companies are shutting down bc of bad government policies but every jobless Nigerian will rather blame wicked uncles and aunties.

The good thing is, as you are blaming innocent uncles and aunties today for your woes that's how these young ones will blame you tomorrow and call you a witch when you grow old.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Pray Against Witches And Village People But Can't Pray Against Bad Government by Smartbrainfix: 4:12pm On Apr 24, 2020
That is the sad part of our religious life. Imagine the whole of the country pray solely for good governance which will bring good life and prosperity to our homes: everyday, in buses, on the streets, in churches, in mosques and finally in our minds. What would life have been. But it's not the case.
We have the highest proliferation of religious institutions in the world fighting against witches under different banners titles and event programmes, yet we are the headquarters of poverty because we aren't fighting our common enemies.
If we can start this, that will be the beginning of bloodless revolution that will mark a watershed in our lives
Re: We Pray Against Witches And Village People But Can't Pray Against Bad Government by kingxsamz(m): 4:29pm On Apr 24, 2020
Please, they should also pray for corona to disappear.
They're capable of casting and binding unseen demons and spirits, but in the face of reality, they hide.

Their excuse is that God has given us the knowledge to beat the virus, that we just need to acquire that knowledge.
So why then do they pray to God when they face challenges in life, when they could easily conquer such obstacle with the knowledge God has given them?

Even their pastor who claims to be drinking agbo jedi with God, hasn't been able to cure one person...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Pray Against Witches And Village People But Can't Pray Against Bad Government by onlyfacts: 4:48pm On Apr 24, 2020
iykbethany:
The way Nigerians pray against witches and village people, why can't we devote same energy to pray against bad government and corrupt politicians? Oh I forgot, we don't even know the root cause of our problems �.

It really baffles me how we see innocent poor villagers as our worst enemies yet we praise and worship the corrupt politicians that has put us in this mess?

Religiousity has made us to see every innocent old village woman as a witch. But funny enough, as you are calling other people's mother a witch, that's how other people are calling your own mother a witch too.

There is this friend of mine that lost his bank job in 2018, his pastor said it's his wicked uncle. He was refused UK visa same year and he also blamed his wicked uncle.

Fast forward to December 2019, his cousin brother was involved in a fatal motor accident and his own pastors said my friends mother is a witch and now my friend is crying claiming his mom is innocent.

Well your pastor convinced you that someone's father is EVIL man, and you don't want other people's pastors to convince them that your own mother is a witch?

Many companies are shutting down bc of bad government policies but every jobless Nigerian will rather blame wicked uncles and aunties.

The good thing is, as you are blaming innocent uncles and aunties today for your woes that's how these young ones will blame you tomorrow and call you a witch when you grow old.

No truer words were ever said!!!

1 Like

Re: We Pray Against Witches And Village People But Can't Pray Against Bad Government by Nbote(m): 4:50pm On Apr 24, 2020
But come to think of it, Bad Government and politicians are also witches and wizards
Re: We Pray Against Witches And Village People But Can't Pray Against Bad Government by dulux07(m): 5:18pm On Apr 24, 2020
Praying against the govt either won't yield any desired results. Prayer without action is useless.
Religion in this country is a sham
Re: We Pray Against Witches And Village People But Can't Pray Against Bad Government by MJBOLT: 5:58pm On Apr 24, 2020
dont forget god is working in mysterious ways grin

kingxsamz:
Please, they should also pray for corona to disappear.
They're capable of casting and binding unseen demons and spirits, but in the face of reality, they hide.

Their excuse is that God has given us the knowledge to beat the virus, that we just need to acquire that knowledge.
So why then do they pray to God when they face challenges in life, when they could easily conquer such obstacle with the knowledge God has given them?

Even their pastor who claims to be drinking agbo jedi with God, hasn't been able to cure one person...

1 Like

Re: We Pray Against Witches And Village People But Can't Pray Against Bad Government by OtemAtum: 7:27pm On Apr 24, 2020
Whether you pray for good governance or not, the government will still not be good. Prayers can't do anything, revolution is the only thing that can bring change at this point in time in Nigeria. The whole government is corrupt.

1 Like

Re: We Pray Against Witches And Village People But Can't Pray Against Bad Government by kingxsamz(m): 8:58pm On Apr 24, 2020
MJBOLT:
dont forget god is working in mysterious ways grin

And his ways are not the ways of man.

2 Likes

Re: We Pray Against Witches And Village People But Can't Pray Against Bad Government by Kobojunkie: 9:48pm On Apr 24, 2020
Does praying against witches and wizards work? Abeg make una no come tell me say the same Jesus wey tell una to "LOVE YOUR ENEMIES AND PRAY FOR THEM" go turn around come answer your prayers AGAINST your supposed enemies.

Anyone that says that God of Christian dey answer that kin prayer needs to come fez up and tell us the truth about who him really pray to,to get that answer. grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

The 12 Tricks Of The Anti-christ To Steal Souls / God Has Shown Me The Cure For Coronavirus – Nigerian Prophetess (video) / How I Get Money Despite Not Asking For Offerings – TB Joshua

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.