Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,345 members, 7,811,995 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:31 AM

Much Is Made In Theism Of The Notion Of Free Will - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Much Is Made In Theism Of The Notion Of Free Will (299 Views)

What Is The Point Of Free Will? / Can You Explain How If Everything Has A Cause You Then Have Free Will? / God's Omnipotence Contradicts The Requirement For Free Will In God's Plan. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Much Is Made In Theism Of The Notion Of Free Will by finalboss(m): 10:30pm On Apr 24, 2020
Namely, all that comes from God is good, but all thatbis evil comes from either Satan, or our exercising our free will, which he in his perfection granted us. The problem with this is that the definition we are given of this god is incompatible with free will.

If we and all on which we depend for survival and joy are designed and created by God, then all our actions are according to the nature and nurture which he designed. This is the entire basis of the declaration that we owe him our worship. If I design a machine, and I write into it a program which allows it to reason, no matter how it behaves, its choices are ultimately my responsibility.

If my will is truly free, I am not beholden to anyone, hence the secular argument against free will. But, the theist maintains that this omnipotent, omnipresent, omniscient, and omnibenevolent being has granted us the ability and right to choose freely. If I tell you to choose between A and B, but also tell you that if you choose B, I will torture you forever, and you know I have the ability to do so, have I truly given you a choice, or have I simply bullied you into doing what I wish?
Re: Much Is Made In Theism Of The Notion Of Free Will by onlyinJESUS: 10:36pm On Apr 24, 2020
the funny thing is, scriptures no where teaches free will. free will is a lie

(1) (Reply)

Ncc Sunday Morning Broadcast / You Might Be Worshiping The Wrong God / The Picture That Sent A Message To The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.