Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,232 members, 7,836,116 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:02 PM

Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown - Health (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown (58579 Views)

What Not To Do During The Lockdown / Masturbate During Coronavirus Lockdown To Boost Your Immune System - Doctor / Polio Victim Shares Story, Seeks For Job, Says He Doesn’t Want To Beg. Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown by Digmygold: 3:10pm On Apr 25, 2020
callmeVIBRANT:
Lockdown with no food

U want make we die??

Jesus Christ fasted for 40 days and 40 nights. Why not try to emulate him?

Its a phase that will.pass. ENDURE.
Re: Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown by Legendguru: 3:17pm On Apr 25, 2020
thats their business, i resume on monday, enough is enough
Re: Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown by MrNipplesLover(m): 3:46pm On Apr 25, 2020
Lockdown that would be lifted automatically when people can't bear with the hunger anymore.

you idiotic propagandists won't feel it cos y'all are thieves that have loaded and stocked your bank accounts and food stores, while you leave the poor to be dealing with hunger indoors.

if your Muhammediot Buhari can't do the needful, y'all will put this country is danger cos people will definitely unlock the lockdown.

share money to all the citizens. let the food go round without you thieves cutting your own and telling lies in public.

na Ogun go kill Lie Muhammed for his hypocrisy.

if you provide people with the needed stuff, why won't they enjoy the lockdown in peace?

stupid liars.
Re: Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown by Nelz77: 4:04pm On Apr 25, 2020
lordthree:

This is exactly what a lot of Nigerians don’t understand

Nigeria is already tagged by WHO to be at the community transmission stage, a month ago we were at Cluster of Cases. USA Spain, Italy etc are examples of countries also at Community transmission this means that the virus isn’t just spread by people who have returned from countries affected, it has gone past that now the virus is in Nigerian communities.

Imagine clamouring to go out to work when there’s a virus even Nigerian doctors barely understand and treatment is only trial and error.

The lockdown must continue because I don’t trust the average Nigerian to maintain social distancing or the proper hygiene required to stop the spread of the virus. Let’s face it quite a number of Nigerians don’t even know what good personal hygiene is and will put others at risk.

I just hope the government extends the lockdown but with palliatives, people have to be given money every month till this virus ends that’s the only way we can achieve at least 95% lockdown compliance.

Finally I hope everyone would choose to stay alive by staying home, there’s nothing worse than being a statistic of a virus ravaging the world.
ur analysis is apt. Don’t t mind fellow Nigerians. U can now see why the country is in such a mess cos nobody wants to make d least of sacrifices for a better tomorrow. The average Nigerian is all bout here and now baffonry mindset.
If the government dares lift d Luckdown and the inevitable happens especially if the numbers are overwhelming like we have in Kano State now, u’ll see this same people shouting that their own is Finished and Government has abandoned them. Nobody will remember this trash about Honger again.

How did some people survive d Nigeria Civil War as their conditions were by far worse than just sit at home.

1 Like

Re: Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown by DEADALIVE: 4:12pm On Apr 25, 2020
lordthree:

So what’s your suggestion sir
The simple truth is you and i need hope and assurance...
If there is lockdown or no lockdown the government should give us projection on how they seem to tackle the covid19 with our economy crumbling with a rapid velocity.
I would recommend no more lockdown while i expect the government as of now should have built an effective monitoring team in every ward like they do in election and again try to install at least a testing center or isolation center say within two months.....yes we all understand that there is no money so it can be voluntary for the first month with assurance to commence payment subsequent months whilst we comply strictly to the law as the economy moves gradually
Most definetly the covid19 is also being studied along as other solutions will be coming pending when vaccine is produced.
If i said it was achievable without rough edges then i lied...Nigerians are the most difficult set of people to rule because we are civilised in the reversed order.
Lastly "no army can stop the idea of now!"
To achieve this "greed and corruption must be limited to the benefit of the people and not individual consumption "
Thank you
Re: Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown by Jostoman: 4:17pm On Apr 25, 2020
Nigeriawarlord:

The Federal government and the States are providing palliatives to cushion the effect of the lockdown.

The lockdown is for our good to avert serious outbreak like Italy, Spain and the US
which palliative? oga don't let me swear for you o
Re: Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown by letitrainnow(m): 4:17pm On Apr 25, 2020
Nawa
Re: Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown by Yampotatocarrot(m): 5:33pm On Apr 25, 2020
delpee:

Haba! This has nothing to do with Ramadan. The points have been well articulated by officials several times over. If you’ve been reading about cases that were publicized, you’ll understand that many now don’t know how and when they got infected. That’s community infection. Public transportation, markets, shopping malls, offices,

May God help us fight our battle against this unseen enemy. Amen

Considering that no help is being rendered to those staying at home, do you then think it's still feasible to continue with the lockdown?

Look at it this way, lockdown then assist people in meeting their needs = people staying home without complaining

In this case, there is lockdown, but at the same time people are hungry and broke. If you ask the government, they'll tell you they can't provide for the needs of everyone. Isn't it then sane to ease the lockdown?

I agree with NGF's position, and I actually think that's the step that Buhari will announce next week
Re: Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown by Yampotatocarrot(m): 5:39pm On Apr 25, 2020
Ricchcream:
Dangote has no business in the position of DG. He is not trained to be, and the bit he can (and is expected to do) is what he's doing. We cant import someone from South Korea. Too much politics. We can only copy their model, but we simply dont have the capacity to be as effective and swift as them, as far response to the menace is concerned. We dont have the foundational structure. South Africa does not hands down. It can only manage it till they find cure.

If I may ask, considering that the virus has no known cure and even those that tested negative have been known to test positive again, how long then should the lockdown last?

If you say "till significant number of people are tested", my question becomes at what ratio will the number of people become "significant", as against the Nigerian population?
Re: Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown by Yampotatocarrot(m): 5:49pm On Apr 25, 2020
lordthree:

I just hope the government extends the lockdown but with palliatives, people have to be given money every month till this virus ends that’s the only way we can achieve at least 95% lockdown compliance.

Finally I hope everyone would choose to stay alive by staying home, there’s nothing worse than being a statistic of a virus ravaging the world.

If palliatives were being distributed, NO ONE will complain about the lockdown, people will even prefer it extends till December (who no like better thing)

But now that there is no palliative, and the government doesn't seem to be ready to do that, will you still suggest that the lockdown be extended?

1 Like

Re: Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown by Chiemecharles7: 6:00pm On Apr 25, 2020
that NCDC director is a useless and heartless human being for saying that rubbish... you asked people to have patient and stay at home to ensure sefe environment but you didn't advice your cohorts to give people food to stay at home you're a foolish man
Re: Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown by Nobody: 6:30pm On Apr 25, 2020
Yampotatocarrot:

If I may ask, considering that the virus has no known cure and even those that tested negative have been known to test positive again, how long then should the lockdown last?

If you say "till significant number of people are tested", my question becomes at what ratio will the number of people become "significant", as against the Nigerian population?
There are so many factors involved. No one can come outside and beat his chest for now, IMHO.
Some experts suggest that life can “return to normal” only when 60%–80% of the population is resistant to Covid-19, either because they’ve had it and developed immunity or because of a vaccine. That might take years, and minding how densely packed Nigera's population is, the earlier and more drastic the measures, the quicker the outbreak is controlled. Implying that, the more people that do this lockdown and social distancing thing very strictly, the fewer cases we will have, and the more quickly we could potentially relax these measures. But look around, is the Nigerian populace really cooperating? Akeredolu recently shared a tweet concerning a police officer from Lagos. It's there on front page. Traders are trying to smuggle themselves into and out of states, it's there on front page. People in Mushin and Okoko still flood the streets, you can go there and see things for yourself. The most worrisome is the report from states like Kano, where the government's body language reeks nonchalance.

As for your second question, As many as possible, after determining the areas where the virus has hit the most, and zeroing in on them. When does it become significant? It becomes significant when the number of new cases in said areas becomes close to zilch, over a period of time . Nigeria is not doing enough in this regard. Testing has to be more aggressive. Else, lockdown go tey.
Re: Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown by Yampotatocarrot(m): 6:57pm On Apr 25, 2020
Ricchcream:
There are so many factors involved. No one can 3

As close to zilch, over a period of time . Nigeria is not doing enough in this regard. Testing has to be more aggressive. Else, lockdown go tey.

I completely agree with your point of view IN AN IDEAL SITUATION

Looking at the current situation in Nigeria and the number of testings being done vis-a-vis the population, then you know there is a problem.

If at this rate, we've tested just few cases, it means it'll take us probably two more months before we get to the 100,000 testing mark. Will the nation have to be on lockdown till then?

If yes, the more pertinent question becomes, how will the citizens survive?

Test kits are being donated in their thousands, NCDC and Lagos state are saying they've gotten enough volunteers, then what exactly is stopping the massive testing.

We can't keep following the same approach and expecting a different result.
Re: Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown by padagud: 7:29pm On Apr 25, 2020
Re: Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown by Nobody: 7:31pm On Apr 25, 2020
Yampotatocarrot:

I completely agree with your point of view IN AN IDEAL SITUATION

Looking at the current situation in Nigeria and the number of testings being done vis-a-vis the population, then you know there is a problem.

If at this rate, we've tested just few cases, it means it'll take us probably two more months before we get to the 100,000 testing mark. Will the nation have to be on lockdown till then?

If yes, the more pertinent question becomes, how will the citizens survive?

Test kits are being donated in their thousands, NCDC and Lagos state are saying they've gotten enough volunteers, then what exactly is stopping the massive testing.

We can't keep following the same approach and expecting a different result.
Ok, so what approach do you have in mind?
Re: Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown by Yampotatocarrot(m): 7:34pm On Apr 25, 2020
Ricchcream:
Ok, so what approach do you have in mind?

There is a thread on front page about the recommendation being put forward by the governors forum for relaxing the lockdown. I believe that's the best we can work with for now. While we hope NCDC gets their act right and keep on with testing
Re: Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown by Nobody: 7:44pm On Apr 25, 2020
Yampotatocarrot:

There is a thread on front page about the recommendation being put forward by the governors forum for relaxing the lockdown. I believe that's the best we can work with for now. While we hope NCDC gets their act right and keep on with testing
I can't find it. What did they say they would do to put the spread in check?
Re: Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown by Edosao: 9:42pm On Apr 25, 2020
We are tired o what aught to be done should be done fast
Re: Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown by Gamelord007: 10:52pm On Apr 25, 2020
This guy is sure of receiving his monthly salary . But what about those who are self employed or into one business or the other ?
Re: Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown by Yampotatocarrot(m): 11:31pm On Apr 25, 2020
Ricchcream:
I can't find it. What did they say they would do to put the spread in check?

Okay, this is it

https://www.nairaland.com/5815752/covid-19-governors-give-buhari-conditions
Re: Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown by ericmor: 2:56am On Apr 26, 2020
Learn skill for inside lock down?
Re: Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown by Nobody: 7:53am On Apr 26, 2020
Yampotatocarrot:

Okay, this is it

https://www.nairaland.com/5815752/covid-19-governors-give-buhari-conditions
Thanks. I like the suggestion. We have to learn to live with it. They should however get more isolation spaces, mass graves, and facilities for cremation ready though, just in case the thing rebounds and people start dropping dead like chicken with influenza.
Re: Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown by xelly: 8:09am On Apr 26, 2020
This title "Doctor, Prof" should be forbidden for Nigerians as they are not qualified to have such. We often wait to copy what the white pass down to us. If they conclude tomorrow that coronavirus came from Nigeria but was undictated, that stands and you will see fools sharing such knowledge as presentation in fora talking like they are educated.

Lazy people often taking advantages of others. NCDC boss, come and stay indoor without food, electricity for a week let's know if you won't advocate for a better way to manage covid 19.

We failed to curtail this from the initial time and can't continue to prevent the spread by placing lockdown. We have to try social distancing and the use of face mask.

Extending the lockdown means that even if in the next 2 weeks we are yet to get to a certain level we extend again. That is total rubbish.
Re: Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown by Yampotatocarrot(m): 10:18am On Apr 26, 2020
Ricchcream:
Thanks. I like the suggestion. We have to learn to live with it. They should however get more isolation spaces, mass graves, and facilities for cremation ready though, just in case the thing rebounds and people start dropping dead like chicken with influenza.

Yes, Sir. You are correct. Looking at a mortality rate of about 4%, it implies that it's most likely something most people will have and recover from.

The fact that the lockdown is eased shouldn't stop NCDC and other health agencies from continuing their work, as you rightly said.

I pray we get it right.

1 Like

Re: Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown by kunletexs: 11:50am On Apr 26, 2020
Don't think it for once that these idiots are doing it for the love of the masses. NOPE.

They are making money heavily and codely too.

Moreover it just to show international eyes say their donation is working.

Open economy joo. You are putting people on lock down but no serious palliative on their part. How many years you want to pay the 11million poorest in Nigeria? 20 years. Very useless and clueless nation.
Re: Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown by Nobody: 1:39pm On Apr 26, 2020
Yampotatocarrot:

Yes, Sir. You are correct. Looking at a mortality rate of about 4%, it implies that it's most likely something most people will have and recover from.

The fact that the lockdown is eased shouldn't stop NCDC and other health agencies from continuing their work, as you rightly said.

I pray we get it right.
Same here, sir.
Re: Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown by KingNom(m): 1:51pm On Apr 26, 2020
Do you know you are to live forever, even after putting off your body (i.e death)?

A Human being is actually a spirit residing in a body. Dead body means the person inside (who is a spirit) has left, to meet God for his/her just reward.

To get set for Now and when you will leave your body;
Please accept Jesus into Your Heart as Lord and Saviour TODAY and live for Him!

You are not promised tomorrow!

There's no other Perfect sacrifice for Your sin (they must be paid for before the God Almighty of Justice) Acts 4:12

Adam's sin, which you inherited through bloodline and your sins, have been fully paid for by God's Eternal Word who became a man, Jesus and died in your place (God's mercy) John 3:16

PLEASE SAY:

Dear Loving God, I accept Jesus into my heart as Lord and Saviour TODAY! Thank You for washing my sins away and lovingly making me brand new, your child in Jesus Name, Amen! (Romans 10:9-10, John 1:12-14)

CONGRATULATIONS! You are now a Righteous Child of God! Kindly get and study the Bible and rhapsody of realities regularly. (1Peter 2:1-4)

Please message me for more information. God Bless You !  smiley
Re: Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown by promotervickky(m): 10:26pm On Apr 28, 2020
drakeskull:
This lockdown isn't ending anytime soon. These vultures are cashing out big time. I know a dude that paid 75m cash for a house at magodo 2 days ago. He brought the cash in an Hilux labelled Covid-19 response team. The government and her cohorts benefitting from this scourge

Is there anyway we can apprehend him for questioning? Furnish us with the house location
Re: Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown by edoairways: 10:33pm On Apr 28, 2020
Digmygold:

Jesus Christ fasted for 40 days and 40 nights. Why not try to emulate him?

Its a phase that will.pass. ENDURE.
He is he Jesus?
Re: Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown by Digmygold: 11:11pm On Apr 28, 2020
edoairways:

He is he Jesus?

Strive to be like Jesus. It doesn't hurt.
Re: Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown by edoairways: 11:34pm On Apr 28, 2020
Digmygold:

Strive to be like Jesus. It doesn't hurt.
By fasting huh? It is rare to stay without food and water for 40 days
Re: Why NCDC Doesn’t Want To Lift The Lockdown by Digmygold: 11:51pm On Apr 28, 2020
edoairways:

By fasting huh? It is rare to stay without food and water for 40 days

It is doable. You want to see dead people on the streets first before you understand it can be done?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

339 New COVID-19 Cases, 67 Discharged And 9 Deaths On May 21 - (1864 Tested) / Gynaecologist Warns Women Not To Remove Their Pubic Hair / How Hand Sanitizers Are Made In Lagos Market, Ojota - Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.