Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,506 members, 7,854,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 11:47 AM

Have You Ever Been Stranded While Travelling? How Did It Go? - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Have You Ever Been Stranded While Travelling? How Did It Go? (28236 Views)

Female Corper Burnt After In Motor Accident While Travelling. Graphic Photos / Have You Ever Been Stranded While Traveling? Share Your Experiences. / Imagine This Is Lagos And You've Been Stranded For Hours, What Would You Do(Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Been Stranded While Travelling? How Did It Go? by ITbomb(m): 4:08pm On Apr 27, 2020
kurlz:

Chai wickedness of the highest order. Did he later call you?
I didn't have phone then (2006) so him calling me back was out of the question, however, when we later met, he talked about low battery, Port Harcourt traffic etc, I let it slide. It's a small world
Re: Have You Ever Been Stranded While Travelling? How Did It Go? by kurlz(f): 4:25pm On Apr 27, 2020
leonard002:
Well, it's funny you asked because I have quite a handful of experiences. Most of which happened during my quest for medical internship.

The first was when I went to Calabar. The internship exam was at UCTH the next day. I took transport from my state without knowing anyone or budgeting for a hotel to sleep. Recent graduate... Where u see money for hotel... lol.

Anyway, it was a 6 hour plus journey. We arrived at Calabar in the evening, and it was getting late. We were still on the bus heading towards the park when I kept wondering what I would do. As we were driving past, I saw a building with the label: UCTH medical students hostel. I told the driver to stop me there.

I came down and met the first guy I saw. I told him that I was to write the internship exam the next day and I didn't have anywhere to sleep. He told me to wait let him call the hostel president. The hostel president came and asked me to show my ID card, license, and other documents. I did and he accommodated me in his room for two days. Very good guy. His name is Frank.

SECOND EXPERIENCE

The same internship travails, lol. Anyway, this time was in Delta state... Warri to be precise. Normally, I've heard about this city, so I was super cautious. I didn't have money for a hotel and didn't know anyone or have anywhere to sleep as usual.

So, when I got to the city, at the park, I asked for a cheap hotel for like 3k or less. They said they don't know of any, that I should get to Effurun roundabout. Hmm. When I got there I met another good guy, Stephen. He sells eyeglasses. I told him what happened and that I needed a hotel to spend the night if he knows any. He said he stays in the barracks and those hotels inside there were like N1,500 or thereabout per night. I said great.

So after the close of work, he took me there and during the trip he was like, my brother, instead of wasting your money, why not spend the night at my place. I was happy. Very good guy. He allowed me to sleep on the bed while he slept on the floor. God bless you Stephen

I HAVE MORE, but let's do with this for now... grin

I took risks sha those times.

I wrote about my experiences in my book titled 'PREPOSTEROUS', if you would be interested in reading. Send me a PM.

Yes o. But is it free?
Re: Have You Ever Been Stranded While Travelling? How Did It Go? by kurlz(f): 4:35pm On Apr 27, 2020
ITbomb:

I didn't have phone then (2006) so him calling me back was out of the question, however, when we later met, he talked about low battery, Port Harcourt traffic etc, I let it slide. It's a small world

Hnmm it's well. God always have a way of keeping us. Thank God you survived.
Re: Have You Ever Been Stranded While Travelling? How Did It Go? by otunbalamba: 5:02pm On Apr 27, 2020
moyosore32:
I have loads of stories like this, buh on the last day Goodluck Ebele Jonathan visited Lagos was d worst of all
I was very weak that night heading bk to Victoria island from Badagry, na so we reach CMS errywhere block, under d directive of d president because he was leaving Lagos that night after an inspection he came for or something, we were stucked with no movement for close to 3hrs, naso I just come down say mk I stretch go front small, I sha don trek reach that Jk randle turning when the road clear, Chisos I kon begin dey rush go back to enter motor b4 I knew it our motor was already gone in a twinkle of an eye, I no see am at all, with my #100 change wey na last card o, I cussed loudly starting from GEJ to d driver, conductor and d stupid traffic that was initially responsible for making me get to CMS late, I kon begin dey trek so tey when I reach Legico busstop I was freaking tired naso I go see the weyrey driver and him conductor their motor broke down, that's how I unleash my madness on both of em dey shout for em lik say 2mao no dey, em sha beg me kon gimme bk my #200 wey I pay em, so thats how I continued my journey home with now #200 in my pocket, on getting to bar beach towers I just kuku use my #200 buy fried yam #150 table water #50 to progress my journey to home which was now 5mins away or less
what a craze filled day I can't forget easily
grin this got me rolling on the floor

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Stranded While Travelling? How Did It Go? by otunbalamba: 5:07pm On Apr 27, 2020
CanineOfJackal:
I traveled to Kaduna so I wanted to leave and come back to Lagos.
I woke late that morning and I'm that kind of person that doesn't hurry when travelling so I got to the park in Kaduna by 10am and they said morning buses have left that I have to wait for night bus. I wasn't in the mood for night travel so I just entered bus going to Abuja.

Getting to Zuba park the bus going to Lagos looked rickety so I boarded a cab to Gwagwalada. The bus I saw was having just 2 passenger inside so I went to the express.

Standing on the express I saw this pretty lady there with another man. We all were standing there when an Hilux pulled up and say Lagos.

I asked how much he said 3k, told him 2500. He asked me to enter. The lady went up to driver and said she will stop at Akure but she has only 1k. Driver said No.

The other man and me paid and driver now wanted to move when I drew his attention to the lady

I told driver to carry the lady for 1k or refund my money because the lady uncle handed her over to me when we were traveling so I can't leave her there. The lady was speechless and suprised. Driver saw how serious I was and asked her to enter.

Lady thanked me all through the journey cos I made sure she ate well throughout the journey duration.

She said how did I manage to lie at such impulse and I told her Men don't lie rather they scope
Bad Guy! grin
Re: Have You Ever Been Stranded While Travelling? How Did It Go? by otunbalamba: 6:04pm On Apr 27, 2020
Mrexccentric:
My story is very funny......
That was how I budded an SUG bus from hall two car park UNIBEN going to Lagos....My sister and I....on our way a dangote cement truck brushed the side of our vehicle, damaging the side mirror on the left side......The driver insulted them a little and continued....we all thought it was over till he overtook the truck,went some distance ahead them and parked....Only for him to grab a long wood taking a stand at the very centre of the road and waving the stick trying to get the aforementioned dangote truck to stop embarassed.....We were all dumbfounded at what he did....we never expected it....on getting the dangote truck to stop...he was yelling at them because of the damage....and not that alone....he began to attempt to break their windscreen....that was how mallams from the truck jump down and chased him,caught him and beat him till he fainted.....I was like...ewo...who go drive us...we were still in ondo state...still many miles to go before we get to Lagos.....and I had just #500 on me for my sis and I to get to Iju from begger...We didn't plan for this gbege...others that had cash budded another bus.... I was confused....the scene had caused traffic and so many folks parked to help resuscitate him....I knew I couldn't enter his bus again if he's resuscitated.... Thankfully my sis had conversed with a truck driver who also parked to come see what had happened....he agreed to carry six of us from the bus in his front seat area....naso we squeeze ourselves inside......he took us to Ogun State...and still gave us fare to get to Lagos from there.....That truck driver,though I don't know his name neither can I remember his face....God will bless him for me and my sis.....
this one weak me oo cheesy cheesy cheesy mad people everywhere
Re: Have You Ever Been Stranded While Travelling? How Did It Go? by Mrexccentric: 6:24pm On Apr 27, 2020
otunbalamba:
this one weak me oo cheesy cheesy cheesy mad people everywhere
as in....Na only God dey help pesin
Re: Have You Ever Been Stranded While Travelling? How Did It Go? by leonard002(m): 6:29pm On Apr 27, 2020
kurlz:

Yes o. But is it free?
No it's not. It's not expensive either but the information contained is worth it
Re: Have You Ever Been Stranded While Travelling? How Did It Go? by Nobody: 7:05pm On Apr 27, 2020
StacyO:

lol dear
It was a scary experience. Two guys later joined us in the car,acting tough and nice was the only thing I did.
I didn't even sleep
whenever I remember,I just start laughing.

Thank God for u.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Stranded While Travelling? How Did It Go? by lateefx(m): 9:31pm On Apr 27, 2020
You stay close to me. Maybe I dey see u for area sef

Realfrankie:

E be no easy for you at all, this begging wey some people the take very common, for us na difficult something lol

No p na, I de Ago palace way off Alidada b/s

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Stranded While Travelling? How Did It Go? by U2ice(m): 9:38pm On Apr 27, 2020
I don’t know if this counts ....

Travelled from Benin to Lagos and to front of my house I had exact fare, If I buy kpekere na problem e for be
Re: Have You Ever Been Stranded While Travelling? How Did It Go? by Nobody: 11:35pm On Apr 27, 2020
iamloyalty:

Thank God for u.
cheesy cheesy
Re: Have You Ever Been Stranded While Travelling? How Did It Go? by Etinosa1234: 12:06am On Apr 28, 2020
Tony36353:

thats cool...been in ekosodin since 100l..the area cool..na just make one mind ones business... got peep in you dept na 300l..the likes of osaretin, David, obiageli...thats if you might kno them

yeah bro...I know most of them...

none of them know me as Etinosa sha
Re: Have You Ever Been Stranded While Travelling? How Did It Go? by moyosore32: 4:34am On Apr 28, 2020
otunbalamba:
grin this got me rolling on the floor
sounds quite funny too tho buh my broda it wasn't funny that day at all

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Stranded While Travelling? How Did It Go? by Nobody: 5:24am On Apr 28, 2020
Etinosa1234:

yeah bro...I know most of them...
none of them know me as Etinosa sha
lol..the code man
Re: Have You Ever Been Stranded While Travelling? How Did It Go? by Nobody: 12:24pm On Dec 01, 2020
collegenews, i dey here if you are truly sharing onions. cheesy
Re: Have You Ever Been Stranded While Travelling? How Did It Go? by Collegenews: 2:06am On Dec 02, 2020
Chimpretty:
collegenews, i dey here if you are truly sharing onions. cheesy
gringrin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

My Visit To Laguna Beach In Lagos / How Do I Behave Myself When I Go Abroad / Tex Trex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.