Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,381 members, 7,812,121 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:39 AM

How Do I Behave Myself When I Go Abroad - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Do I Behave Myself When I Go Abroad (28075 Views)

I'm Based In Lagos, This Is Where I Go When I Say I'm Going To The Village. / If You Earn 100k Monthly In Nigeria...will You Go Abroad And Leave The Job??? / See What Happened When I Moved To My New Environment (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Behave Myself When I Go Abroad by Matrix137(m): 4:44pm On Apr 27, 2023
Dear Nairalanders, so I was born in Nigeria and have lived all my life in this country till this moment ( I'm 22 now). However, my aunt based in United States has offered to bring me to the country. Processing my documents already.

However I'm scared I may put me or her family in trouble when I get there cos America is a civilized country and I'm used to the crude ways and behaviors here which is already part of me and will likely replicate them in America which will surely put me in trouble with the law.

Behaviors like urination on the streets, throwing garbage on the road and many uncivilized behaviors too numerous to mention. So please how do I Behave myself over there. Thanks for reading.

49 Likes 7 Shares

Re: How Do I Behave Myself When I Go Abroad by MrBrownJay1(m): 4:50pm On Apr 27, 2023
Matrix137:
Dear Nairalanders, so I was born in Nigeria and have lived all my life in this country till this moment ( I'm 22 now). However, my aunt based in United States has offered to bring me to the country. Processing my documents already.
However I'm scared I may put me or her family in trouble when I get there cos America is a civilized country and I'm used to the crude ways and behaviors here which is already part of me and will likely replicate them in America which will surely put me in trouble with the law.
Behaviors like urination on the streets, throwing garbage on the road and many uncivilized behaviors too numerous to mention. So please how do I Behave myself over there. Thanks for reading.

dont worry bro, by the time you receive ENOUGH fines/citations for your uncivilzed actions, you will quickly learn and start to behave like a civilized person.

351 Likes 31 Shares

Re: How Do I Behave Myself When I Go Abroad by Matrix137(m): 4:56pm On Apr 27, 2023
MrBrownJay1:

dont worry bro, by the time you receive ENOUGH fines/citations for your uncivilzed actions, you will quickly learn and start to behave like a civilized person.
That's what I'm trying to avoid and also problems with the police.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Behave Myself When I Go Abroad by eben97: 5:26pm On Apr 27, 2023
you will adjust and adapt over time.you grow by observation over there,your mates will sure guide you.you will have to sift the kind of friends you will need there as bad influence is on d increase.you also dont wanna bring shame on your parents and mind u bro,your age mates over there are already far ahead in life compare with you o!so you do not want to go display foolishness over there.at 22, guys are already working class or almost through with the uni, so what should not make u wake up n give your self true sense n wisdom ?

50 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Behave Myself When I Go Abroad by Matrix137(m): 6:23pm On Apr 27, 2023
eben97:
you will adjust and adapt over time.you grow by observation over there,your mates will sure guide you.you will have to sift the kind of friends you will need there as bad influence is on d increase.you also dont wanna bring shame on your parents and mind u bro,your age mates over there are already far ahead in life compare with you o!so you do not want to go display foolishness over there.at 22, guys are already working class or almost through with the uni, so what should not make u wake up n give your self true sense n wisdom ?
Thanks bro. Environment has alot to do with one's civility. I haven't travelled out of Nigeria since i was born. Like you rightly said, I'll surely adjust with time.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Behave Myself When I Go Abroad by Sisib15: 7:35pm On Apr 27, 2023
Whala. Get your visa first!
Matrix137:

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Behave Myself When I Go Abroad by Matrix137(m): 7:38pm On Apr 27, 2023
Sisib15:
Whala. Get your visa first!
I've already gotten it ma'am. Sorry I didn't include it there. Was very busy.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Behave Myself When I Go Abroad by Sisib15: 7:57pm On Apr 27, 2023
You will be fine. Know your priority
Matrix137:
I've already gotten it ma'am. Sorry I didn't include it there. Was very busy.
Re: How Do I Behave Myself When I Go Abroad by ednut1(m): 8:07pm On Apr 27, 2023
Your aunty got you which visa What visa class Keep deceiving yaself

42 Likes

Re: How Do I Behave Myself When I Go Abroad by Matrix137(m): 8:14pm On Apr 27, 2023
ednut1:
I never mentioned that my aunt got me visa. Do you need glasses? Or having comprehension problems?

82 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How Do I Behave Myself When I Go Abroad by Sisib15: 8:16pm On Apr 27, 2023
grin[color=#000099][/color]
ednut1:

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Behave Myself When I Go Abroad by shegzhkn: 8:29pm On Apr 27, 2023
Lol, street urination - the only right Nigerians enjoy.
If what you are saying is true, lemme give you a small advice to minimize the early frustration - learn to speak well so you don't get words like "Speak better, your accent's too thick, I'm an American".

50 Likes 7 Shares

Re: How Do I Behave Myself When I Go Abroad by Spanishmilf(m): 8:32pm On Apr 27, 2023
Matrix137:

i think you should have visa first before asking this tho

4 Likes

Re: How Do I Behave Myself When I Go Abroad by ednut1(m): 8:36pm On Apr 27, 2023
Matrix137:
I never mentioned that my aunt got me visa. Do you need glasses? Or having comprehension problems?
so which visa class do you want to process Dey play lol

11 Likes

Re: How Do I Behave Myself When I Go Abroad by Matrix137(m): 9:02pm On Apr 27, 2023
ednut1:
so which visa class do you want to process Dey play lol
F1 (student Visa)

31 Likes

Re: How Do I Behave Myself When I Go Abroad by Eunoiaa(f): 9:36pm On Apr 27, 2023
Matrix137:

Now why this shit so funny. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

5 Likes

Re: How Do I Behave Myself When I Go Abroad by 1950Mack: 10:07pm On Apr 27, 2023
grin you're kidding right... yes you are... just read their law books na and abide strictly... no be everything you go carry come online... abi you just wan showoff... hmm... let village people hear... you no know say village people sef don de use internet ba... your aeroplane fit drink paraga for sky and begin misbehave if you no know grin

54 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do I Behave Myself When I Go Abroad by Iseoluwani: 10:07pm On Apr 27, 2023
cheesy
Re: How Do I Behave Myself When I Go Abroad by Octopusssy(f): 10:07pm On Apr 27, 2023
See how inferiority complex dey Kee this one

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Behave Myself When I Go Abroad by Nobody: 10:07pm On Apr 27, 2023
Don’t bother yourself.

You will learn automatically .

The environment will let you know what’s right and wrong.

8 Likes

Re: How Do I Behave Myself When I Go Abroad by Samanza89: 10:08pm On Apr 27, 2023
You don't need to... The environment will behave you...

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Behave Myself When I Go Abroad by ajibolag(m): 10:08pm On Apr 27, 2023
Matrix137:
F1 (student Visa)

Ishokay o.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do I Behave Myself When I Go Abroad by Eriokanmi: 10:09pm On Apr 27, 2023
grin
Re: How Do I Behave Myself When I Go Abroad by Nobody: 10:09pm On Apr 27, 2023
grin. Just don't deal with Drugs grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Behave Myself When I Go Abroad by Righthussle: 10:09pm On Apr 27, 2023
See mumu question

5 Likes

Re: How Do I Behave Myself When I Go Abroad by sukkot: 10:09pm On Apr 27, 2023
after you have paid 5000 dollars in fine, civilization will locate you

44 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How Do I Behave Myself When I Go Abroad by BESTScientist1: 10:09pm On Apr 27, 2023
just don't tell anyone balablu is your president

32 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

FG Takes Airlifting Of Stranded Nigerians From Air Peace / Family Of 5 Fall Into A River In Delta, Survived (Photos) / Indonesian Military Transport Plane Crashes In Medan Area Killing Dozens

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.