Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,526 members, 7,819,894 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:46 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 - Travel (84) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 (1094330 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) ... (721) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by pretty1986: 12:46am On Jun 17, 2020
aivewobhor:

Yes I did
Thanks for your reply.pls can you give me details and explain to me the content of the Reference letter from the employer,so that I can explain to my own employer what to write.pls give me some idea.thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by bennymine: 1:34am On Jun 17, 2020
nobleudeme:

I'm in Abuja and did mine at their HQ. Not sure what you mean by Standard/Enhanced NIN one this is however sure, you'd need your NIMC number when applying so you can either register at any NIMC office before going or you do both at the NIS office. I also had help, he practically helped with all the running around.

Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Raymagnate(m): 2:56am On Jun 17, 2020
Just a little advice to my brothers & Sisters....Before you come to the UK watch this....Not to discourage you at all, but Just to get your mind ready. Thanks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2E130CUYq1g

Cheers

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by DonFreshmoney(m): 3:46am On Jun 17, 2020
dayusin:
Anyone going to University of Salford This september ?

My PhD offee got declined. Reasons: they focusing more on science, robotic, health courses and not enough researchers available due to high rate of application this time and Corona virus issues. Good luck on your studies
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Phatkings: 5:14am On Jun 17, 2020
Raymagnate:
Just a little advice to my brothers & Sisters....Before you come to the UK watch this....Not to discourage you at all, but Just to get your mind ready. Thanks

Cheers
Agreed but you should know it is same everywhere tho even in our home country Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Mizzfy: 10:11am On Jun 17, 2020
Raymagnate:

Cheers

Spot on. Present situation.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Akchi32: 10:42am On Jun 17, 2020
This is the reason why you need to have your tuition and maintenance fee before going to the UK.

The video is not applicable to all besides, its just a person's view.

Raymagnate:

Cheers

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by pittoilet(f): 10:55am On Jun 17, 2020
Hi ladies and gents,

Just to be sure of something that i already know.

My tuition fee after deposit payment is 9000 pounds

Maintenance funds for outside london is 1015 * 9 = 9135 pounds

So in total, the funds to be available in my account is to be 9000 + 9135 = 18,135 pounds

With the current oanda exchange rate at 485naira to a pound, that is equivalent to about 8.8m, plus or minus 9m

In actual sense, i need to have at least 9m in my account for 28 days prior to the day i submit my application.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Eyitayorme: 11:08am On Jun 17, 2020
Is it possible to make a transfer to IOM’s standard Chartered bank account? If yes, what do I print as evidence of payment?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 11:18am On Jun 17, 2020
Yes, you can. Present your transfer confirmation as evidence of payment. You need to give about 2-3 days for the transfer to go through.

Eyitayorme:
Is it possible to make a transfer to IOM’s standard Chartered bank account? If yes, what do I print as evidence of payment?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 11:20am On Jun 17, 2020
Yes, you're right. If you can put more than the extra N200k you currently have in the account, pls do (in case the rate is reviewed upwards though it's unlikely)
pittoilet:
Hi ladies and gents,

So in total, the funds to be available in my account is to be 9000 + 9135 = 18,135 pounds

With the current oanda exchange rate at 485naira to a pound, that is equivalent to about 8.8m, plus or minus 9m

In actual sense, i need to have at least 9m in my account for 28 days prior to the day i submit my application.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Eyitayorme: 11:22am On Jun 17, 2020
mimilyrics:
Yes, you can. Present your transfer confirmation as evidence of payment. You need to give about 2-3 days for the transfer to go through.

Thank you mimilyrics

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by rs172(m): 11:31am On Jun 17, 2020
Eyitayorme:

Yea... make a transfer, then make a screenshot of it and send it to their email, the email they used in sending you, your booking confirmation

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by pittoilet(f): 11:40am On Jun 17, 2020
mimilyrics:
Yes, you're right. If you can put more than the extra N200k you currently have in the account, pls do (in case the rate is reviewed upwards though it's unlikely)
ok thank you smiley
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Raymagnate(m): 12:09pm On Jun 17, 2020
Akchi32:
This is the reason why you need to have your tuition and maintenance fee before going to the UK.

Yeah U right..Goodluck

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Raymagnate(m): 12:13pm On Jun 17, 2020
Phatkings:

Agreed but you should know it is same everywhere tho even in our home country Nigeria

Yeah...Hoping for a swift improvement...U know majority wants to make some money while in the UK..Goodluck in ur application process
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Anitaamich: 12:36pm On Jun 17, 2020
Akchi32:

You’re right, it’s not applicable to all. Just have your maintenance fee and extra with you while going to the U.K.

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Abiscoco: 1:53pm On Jun 17, 2020

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Jojobod: 1:57pm On Jun 17, 2020
what's your school name?

pittoilet:
Hi ladies and gents,

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by jamesobedbaisel: 3:25pm On Jun 17, 2020
justwise:
Part 4 is here please continue posting your questions/inquires here,

See part 3 here for references https://www.nairaland.com/2575449/uk-student-visa-tier-4

Documents needed for tier 4 visa application

1. CAS

2. Documents listed in your CAS

3. TB test result

4. School fees + maintenance money

(a) £1,265 per month for living costs if you are studying in inner London for the majority of your study (more than 50% of your study time)

(b) £1,015 per month for living costs if you are studying in outer London or anywhere else in the UK, for the majority of your study (more than 50% of your study time)

The money should be kept in your account for 28days weekends included (school fees + maintenance money) ending no more than
31 days before your application.

5. Add your birth certificate if using parents bank statement.

Only your father/mother or legal guidance can sponsor you

For more update info visit this website https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/623341/T4_Migrant_Guidance_29_June_2017.pdf

Can someone assist me with computing related programs and school. And also tuition fees less than £14,000
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Skymoore1004: 3:33pm On Jun 17, 2020
Google is your friend dear ....
jamesobedbaisel:

Can someone assist me with computing related programs and school. And also tuition fees less than £14,000

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Graceisallineed: 4:41pm On Jun 17, 2020
jamesobedbaisel:

It depends on your course. But you can check;
Sheffield Hallam University
Teeside University
University of Sunderland
University of Chester
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by jamesobedbaisel: 5:25pm On Jun 17, 2020
Graceisallineed:

It depends on your course. But you can check;
Sheffield Hallam University
Teeside University
University of Sunderland
University of Chester

Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Mobilipia(f): 5:30pm On Jun 17, 2020
For someone that wants to further to PhD after masters do I need to show the maintenance and tuition fee balance again? Please those that passed through this could you please enlighten me.
Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by farouk1989: 5:32pm On Jun 17, 2020
aivewobhor:

Yes I did
Please can I know how the reference letter from your employer was structured and composed,I need a guide as to this information. Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 6:03pm On Jun 17, 2020
Yes, you'd need to.
The amount might only be reduced if you're applying under Tier 4 Doctorate Extension Scheme which allows you to utilize the established presence provision.

Mobilipia:
For someone that wants to further to PhD after masters do I need to show the maintenance and tuition fee balance again? Please those that passed through this could you please enlighten me.
Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by chiwelaw: 6:07pm On Jun 17, 2020
Hello guys

I have not really heard much about Cardiff Metropolitan University in this forum. What do you have to say about the school for an international student and in terms of ratings too?
Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Donracy: 6:39pm On Jun 17, 2020
I am also going to Cardiff this September. Msc Occupational Safety, Health and Wellbeing.

I think the place is cool and accommodating from the reviews I got online and the school is well known for international students support. Modern capital European city. Good landscapes and ocean views, seaport I think, part time jobs, lively city and night outs etc

quote author=chiwelaw post=90777560]Hello guys

I have not really heard much about Cardiff Metropolitan University in this forum. What do you have to say about the school for an international student and in terms of ratings too?
Thank you [/quote]
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by bayosegun(m): 6:40pm On Jun 17, 2020
Please I'll like to know if I can use my domiciliary account to keep my maintenance fees for 28 days for the Visa process
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Dfazz: 6:49pm On Jun 17, 2020
Yes you can provide you have sufficient fund as required in the account
bayosegun:
Please I'll like to know if I can use my domiciliary account to keep my maintenance fees for 28 days for the Visa process

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by chiwelaw: 6:55pm On Jun 17, 2020
Thank you very much for your response

Donracy:
I am also going to Cardiff this September. Msc Occupational Safety, Health and Wellbeing.

I think the place is cool and accommodating from the reviews I got online and the school is well known for international students support. Modern capital European city. Good landscapes and ocean views, seaport I think, part time jobs, lively city and night outs etc

quote author=chiwelaw post=90777560]Hello guys

Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by LagosismyHome(f): 8:27pm On Jun 17, 2020
Raymagnate:

Cheers

So sick and tired of Covid or hearing that word.... it has caused enormous disruption in many ways

This video is spot on , regarding the current situation . Employment figures released this week shows UK workers on company payrolls slumped /dropped by more than 600,000 between March and May....... that is a massive drop in employment /payroll numbers sad

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) ... (721)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.