Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,907 members, 7,824,803 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 05:45 PM

� The Dark-night Of The Soul: A Must Experience For Every Christian - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / � The Dark-night Of The Soul: A Must Experience For Every Christian (192 Views)

What Every Christian Youth Should Know About Sex / Five Things Every Christian Must Know About Sex (must Read) / 12 Sentences Every Christian Must Never Say Again ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

� The Dark-night Of The Soul: A Must Experience For Every Christian by Adekemi01(f): 9:32am On Apr 26, 2020
� THE DARK-NIGHT OF THE SOUL: A Must Experience For Every Christian

�The problem in the world today is not how to have the Life, it’s easy to repent and believe the conviction of the Holy Spirit. When one gives his life to Christ, he feels connected to God, feel the ectasy, the excitement and joy. You become guided by the Spirit of God and receive messages because there’s a spiritual awakening.

�The major problem is how to release the Life one has received.
At the dark-night of the soul, you feel dying and as a matter of fact, you must die. The Bible tells us in John 12:24 that ” Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit.

The dark-night of the soul is the time where your old self , the old you and old karma die.
Yes, you are being born new but you have to purge those garbages pressing you down and everything that is holding you back. The dark night helps you to release those things in the past even those things you are not aware of they you need to release. All those things needed to be purged and released because they weight you down to the surface.
The dark night of the soul is also refered to as the indispenseable purging of pilgrims.

�At this junction, I am going to list some of innegotiable things every born again individual must purge himself/herself from.

��1. SUPERSTITION: In the letter of apostle Paul to the church in Rome, we see that, some persons’ in Rome brought out certain doctrine that whosever wants the salvation of God must be circumcised, so Paul addressed that and you can read it up for more clarifications. Likewise, in our days, many people still observe ceremonial law of burning of incense and candles, even worshiping of Mary and angels. The blood of Jesus is enough for our redemption, the veil is rent away and no one (either man or spirit or angel) is to be worshipped aside the Triune God. Peradventure you have such backgrounds, whereby they worship idols, burn incense and candles, you have to purge yourself from those things and renew your mind.

�� 2. TRIBAL CONFLICT : You remember apostle Peter, he was born again and spirit filled. Yet this man of God had to be purged from such things. Acts chapter 10 is where the full gist is. In verse 28, note what Peter said here, “And he said unto them, Ye know how that “it is an unlawful thing for a man that is a Jew to keep company, or come unto one of another nation; but God hath shewed me that I should not call any man common or unclean.”. Do you see that, dear reader? There are some things that you need to let go, if you really want to shine the light of Christ in you and impart your own generation. Let’s purge ourselves like Paul, that we may say, ” the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might gain the Jews; to them that are under the law, as under the law, that I might gain them that are under the law;”. Let’s also understand here that, he didn’t condescend to them in practices or deeds, it is only telling us how much impart we can make it we have a winsome character.

�� 3. ATTITUDE : There’s a great work we need to do here, we must acknowledge those attitude that grieves the Spirit and purge ourselves from them. Ephesians 4:30 says “grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption. Let’s purge ourselves from all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from us, with all malice. Ephesians 4:31. Lastly, there must also be purging before one can have full and prompt obedience to God.

�� 4. INDISCIPLINE : It is good neither to eat flesh, nor to drink wine, nor any thing whereby thy brother stumbleth, or is offended, or is made weak. Romans 14:21. It’s not only in food, in dressing, in deeds, words and comportment, discipline is required. There are many a times that you would like to do some things, but you must not do them because you might pass wrong signals to people by doing them. In the life of someone that has been purged, 1 Corinthians 10:23 will be evident; “All things are lawful for me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but all things edify not.”

�� 5. SELF: Self must be crucified. Someone may ask, how do I recognize self and how can I crucify self? First of all, you must understand here that, crucifixion of self is not an entertainment, it might bring tears because it is called darknight of the soul. Here, you don’t count your life precious to you but all will be God’s. Self-opinion, self-will, self-sufficiency, self-exaltation and self-pride must be thoroughly dealt with. Peter had to be broken from self-confidence, Paul had to be sticken, Abraham had to leave his own country, Jacob’s love Rachel had to be taken away, Jacob’s beloved son had to leave him, Joseph had to be trained in Egpyt before self could be totally destroyed and wholly depend on God.

�� 6. TEMPERAMENT: Our individual temperament some times always want to dictate the way we act. When we make up our minds and allow ourselves to pass through this dark night, the weaknesses in whatever temperament are crushed/tamed while the wonderful ones are strengthened.

I believe God has blessed you, don’t forget to share with friends and family.

See related posts

SIN UNTO DEATH: A warning for a matured believer @ http://christiangymnastic.

THE FOUR POWERFUL PROS AND CONS OF FEELINGS @ http://christiangymnastic.

(1) (Reply)

I Slept For Weeks But Did Not Receive My Healing In Tb Joshua's Church,my Reply / God, The Devil, Covid-19 And 5g / A MUST READ: My Opinion And Analysis On Tithing And Who Should Pay Tithe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.