Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,425 members, 7,836,702 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:43 AM

Road Trip To Germany (a Short True Life Story) - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Road Trip To Germany (a Short True Life Story) (51512 Views)

A Nigerian Student Who Fled Ukraine To Germany Dies In A Swimming Accident (pic) / Just Got My Visa To Travel To Germany For Work, I Am Having Cold Feet. / Cost Of Road Trip To Ghana (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Road Trip To Germany (a Short True Life Story) by sweettinz20(m): 8:14am On May 05, 2020
kokakola:

I can relate to this your story bro.
I remember when my childhood friend left studying law when he was in 400Level and decided that he must enter Italy through anyhow. He told me how they treated them like Slaves, Animals and were molested in Lybia. He told me how they entered balloon in their numbers on the sea enroute to Italy.

I didn't hear from him not after 2years. When he hit me up on Facebook. My joy was that he survived and right now guy don they harvest Euros. He's settled all his siblings and right now "they're all doing well."
He's on his third house down here.

wow that's a success story thank God he has got a good family i think i might try this trip, the truth is nothing is working over here and it would be a good opportunity for one to earn alot you can still come back to nigeria but then a made man
Re: Road Trip To Germany (a Short True Life Story) by LaIabobo: 8:27am On May 05, 2020
sweettinz20:
wow that's a success story thank God he has got a good family i think i might try this trip, the truth is nothing is working over here and it would be a good opportunity for one to earn alot you can still come back to nigeria but then a made man

Don't try it

3 Likes

Re: Road Trip To Germany (a Short True Life Story) by lastchild: 8:27am On May 05, 2020
Please help me message the one with 500k while embarking on the journey, tell him that he is the biggest fool even though he made it

@ topic, nairaland should please delete stories like this not to talk of making front page, it was stories like this that my guy chima red and foolishly went and try, may has soul rest in peace

When people read things like this, don't be surprised that it motivates more people to try it than people it discourages

If you see how people are dying in the desert, what about the sea, abeg no one should try this dead sentenced journey, it's only few that make it
Re: Road Trip To Germany (a Short True Life Story) by Nobody: 8:28am On May 05, 2020
pocohantas:

I don’t know the kind of suffer that would make someone do this. A NIGERIAN that can raise 500k to travel across the desert, isn’t entirely a struggling Nigerian.

Another angle.

2 Likes

Re: Road Trip To Germany (a Short True Life Story) by Nobody: 8:31am On May 05, 2020
sweettinz20:

If you try it, you will not return. If you have any property, just write a will before going. That route is hell.

4 Likes

Re: Road Trip To Germany (a Short True Life Story) by ekerintee: 8:37am On May 05, 2020
amaniro:

Njgerians can be funny .To some people ,building a house is an achievement.Do u know if he is happy in Europe.i have seen people live very miserable life in Europe. When you go in illegally,u can't do anything ,u can't work without a permit. Then u can't even rent a house ,u become a slave to somebody who has document ,u work your life out and hope you find a white guy or woman to marry .then u marry finish,u become a slave to the white ,then end of divorcing .is this life ? And the people in Nigeria envy you for being a slave who has money.i met a Nigerian who is homeless on the street of Europe .he sleeps in night bus and always running from police to avoid deportation.Some end of getting the permit to stay but at the end dying due to some illness they contacted during the period of struggles .I am not saying some are not lucky but I don't think it's worth the risk.the scars will remain permanent . having peace of mind is what is most important .it's funny Nigerians count building houses as achievement,but in Europe ,alots of rich people don't even have as much houses as Nigerians have .They don't have numerous cars like our politicians have in their garage.i think this mentality is what causes stealing and corruption in Africa

Just building a house.. Getting married.. Having a daughter all for passing sahara desert? It's not worth it bro and there is nothing that can justify it. I rather be a taxi driver! There's something called "inner peace or inner satisfaction " trust me you won't have that again after going through this hellish and hectic journey, all to what end? I'm not advocating for mediocrity but people should be satisfied with the little they have.

1 Like

Re: Road Trip To Germany (a Short True Life Story) by Kimply: 8:51am On May 05, 2020
PatrPablo:
This story is nothing but truth. While working with a construction company at dangote refinery I had an encounter with someone who had embarked on this dangerous journey and the story was pathetic...

And he still came back to Nigeria?
Re: Road Trip To Germany (a Short True Life Story) by Akaegwu(m): 9:21am On May 05, 2020
Somebody close to me died last year December in Libya within two weeks of traveling thr land. He was buried there.
pascalbenz:
bro till date ? I they normally hear say the road route d0n cast , i nor go lie you dat have always been my plan B in life

1 Like

Re: Road Trip To Germany (a Short True Life Story) by Torie8(f): 9:43am On May 05, 2020
I can't even imagine what my brother went through to get to Brazil, but thank God he is alive and has arrived there save and sound.

2 Likes

Re: Road Trip To Germany (a Short True Life Story) by PromixTuhh(m): 9:44am On May 05, 2020
There was a guy that gave a detailed story of his journey through the desert. It was here on NL a couple of years ago. He later wrote a book on it, if I remember correctly.

4 Likes

Re: Road Trip To Germany (a Short True Life Story) by Nefort: 9:56am On May 05, 2020
uthlaw:
No b small thing,with 1.5m I suppose fit enter Germany....
Pls,nobody should advice me in the name of doing business in this shithole!
Even with ₦2 million you might still end up dead on your way.

1 Like

Re: Road Trip To Germany (a Short True Life Story) by Nefort: 10:17am On May 05, 2020
Luvdmx:

To you it's nothing but him it may means fulfillment.

Beside that he's probably living his best life with good basic amenities like light, internet, good road network, good healthcare system, unlike your jungle called Nigeria.

If you don't something good to say, you may as well keep mute �
Are these enough reasons to die in a desert? People without those amenities are still alive and strong.

3 Likes

Re: Road Trip To Germany (a Short True Life Story) by hammed71(m): 10:24am On May 05, 2020
Migrating through land is a very dangerous route and you will be putting your life at risk, don't even try it.
I know some people will be saying his friends survived nah, do you think his friend will be normal after going through that route, all the emotional trauma and all.
Guys if you can't raise money at all to travel legally through flight abeg stay put, work and save enough for the process.
I know some of you will want to use visit visa to Japa after all its legal and through flight nah, you are deceiving yourselves.
Remember Abroad no dey run go anywhere and the pikin wey dem never born go still go abroad.

4 Likes

Re: Road Trip To Germany (a Short True Life Story) by Ryan03(f): 10:29am On May 05, 2020
samwash:
One day I go share some story of this desert matter.
Details step by step how Dem dey take embark on this journey for people to kwn.
From Nigeria to Niger to Libya. Even the other route from Nigeria to Morocco.
It's not what you think oooo!!! Taking the desert route is very degenous & risky.
Thank God for the young man life.
abeg tag me once you start the story
Re: Road Trip To Germany (a Short True Life Story) by Nefort: 10:32am On May 05, 2020
LaIabobo:

Don't try it
Don't mind that mumu. Just because he heard one success story out of the many failures and deaths.
Re: Road Trip To Germany (a Short True Life Story) by Elolam87(m): 10:53am On May 05, 2020
Hmm.. This story is deep, and so many people including myself are at crossroads and thinking whether to embark on this journey or not. Life itself is a risk, but some risks are not worth it. There is nothing compared to inner peace. So far one is not lazy, and you keep pressing, no matter how tough it looks, you will make it

1 Like

Re: Road Trip To Germany (a Short True Life Story) by sammyonal: 11:12am On May 05, 2020
Well not new to me actually, but I see people will still think it's the best way out of desperation. So many people have lost hope and they think that they can't make it here in Nigeria. Desperate people with desperate mind can take that trip. I have a cousin who went to Spain by road, he got there actually and he married a spanish lady who made him stayed there legally, but because he wanted to be rich at a fast rate and because of the jazz he had he thought he was invincible, he was caught and jailed and later deported back to Nigeria where he is now back to square one hustling hard. If u get mind u can go through that route and if God help u behave when u get there, if u no get mind no even go close to am nah death trap.... adios.
Re: Road Trip To Germany (a Short True Life Story) by heniford2: 12:56pm On May 05, 2020
DanWord:

Bro. What is a lie.
This one is just a tip of the iceberg. Come to Benin City, you will hear more gist that would make this story look like a child's play. My aunty cross that desert twice yet she was repatriated back immediately she touch down from the sea.

A neighbor lost her daughter who could not swim last three years before the rescue team could apply aid she was already dead. This story is just normal tales to us here in Benin. My cousin has been stranded in Libya for more 2 years now.

This stuff is real. Thanks to the oba, the trafficking has greatly reduce here, sponsorers or madam are now afraid of their lives.But to me this is a horrible way of living, illegal migration is very bad and must be discourage.

I could remember how sick and weak the mother of that girl that died at the Mediterranean, up till today she is still waiting for that phone call from her daughter. She still can't believe her daughter died. After all the goats and chickens that lost their lives.
After that ordeal she became a Christian.
please how do i go or cross over through this means
Re: Road Trip To Germany (a Short True Life Story) by kokakola: 1:28pm On May 05, 2020
sweettinz20:
The truth is that the Route is not easy now like before. Now border security has tightened up amongs the Whites. A lot of dude from different African countries are doing the same and are being caught on daily basis, some dying on their way while others don't have the little money to sought those facilitators and that has made European countries to become strict on their surveillance 24/7.
The best way to go there now is by the means of Study Visa and before rounding up your studentship, get a job, and get your working Visa and start playing you game well by being responsible and crime free and zoom before you know it you'll start doing well...

4 Likes

Re: Road Trip To Germany (a Short True Life Story) by oyekan1997(m): 4:21pm On May 05, 2020
PromixTuhh:
There was a guy that gave a detailed story of his journey through the desert. It was here on NL a couple of years ago. He later wrote a book on it, if I remember correctly.

Can you share d link bro
Re: Road Trip To Germany (a Short True Life Story) by sketcherJ(m): 4:43pm On May 05, 2020
xandy84:
When there is life, there is hope. Glad you let it go. Now is the time to pick your piece and start looking forward. I know it easier said than done but I had been in similar position in life. I was deported in 2007, lost my student status in Unilag cos I was away and my life looks like it's going to end but with God and mum and grandma, went back to Unilag as a jambite, graduate and move on with my life. The funny part was I was matriculating while my mate was graduating... It was crazy

bro mind telling why u were deported and which country?
Re: Road Trip To Germany (a Short True Life Story) by RaptorX: 5:24pm On May 05, 2020
Luvdmx:

To you it's nothing but him it may means fulfillment.

Beside that he's probably living his best life with good basic amenities like light, internet, good road network, good healthcare system, unlike your jungle called Nigeria.

If you don't something good to say, you may as well keep mute �
Keep deceiving yourself, after enjoying steady light and good roads etc after a year or two you will ask yourself is it even worth it. Until you get there you will find out steady light and good roads will never bring satisfaction.

4 Likes

Re: Road Trip To Germany (a Short True Life Story) by RaptorX: 5:37pm On May 05, 2020
Torie8:
I can't even imagine what my brother went through to get to Brazil, but thank God he is alive and has arrived there save and sound.
Brazil is a third world shithole and blacks there are treated worse than animals. You Nigerians are crazy with this I must travel abroad by force mentality.

5 Likes

Re: Road Trip To Germany (a Short True Life Story) by Midex88(m): 9:52pm On May 05, 2020
Oga o
Re: Road Trip To Germany (a Short True Life Story) by Justarandomguy: 8:01am On May 06, 2020
Mehn all this tripbyroad stories are scary.
But to think of it. The amount they spent in the road trip should be enough for a normal visa, flight and stuff.
anyway people have different destinies, just like the ones who died and the ones who made it to Europe.
Re: Road Trip To Germany (a Short True Life Story) by wildikeman(m): 6:26pm On May 06, 2020
I read about this and nearly weep. I'm happy for happy for him. But, is it worth it. And the African leaders are hearing about all these and dont feel any shame to act to better the lives of their people....
Re: Road Trip To Germany (a Short True Life Story) by Midex88(m): 7:20pm On May 06, 2020
samwash:
One day I go share some story of this desert matter.
Details step by step how Dem dey take embark on this journey for people to kwn.
From Nigeria to Niger to Libya. Even the other route from Nigeria to Morocco.
It's not what you think oooo!!! Taking the desert route is very degenous & risky.
Thank God for the young man life.
Abeg share am. At least we go learn
Re: Road Trip To Germany (a Short True Life Story) by Midex88(m): 9:13pm On May 06, 2020
Libya is a very unstable state with no single government. Migrants are regularly arrested and placed in detention centres, many of which are under the control of militias and armed groups who see migrants as an easy way to make money.

There is very little food or water in Libyan detention centres, and migrants are regularly beaten, raped and murdered. Some die of starvation and poor health. Detention centres are also overcrowded, and migrants sometimes have to sleep standing up.

If the detention centres or migrant warehouses become too full, or if migrants do not have enough money to pay their smugglers, they risk being sold in slave markets and forced to work. Many women have ended up in sex slavery.

It is difficult to get on a boat in Libya as the beaches are patrolled, and migrants are regularly arrested. With support from the European Union, there is an increasing number of Libyan coastguards trained to stop smuggling boats in the Mediterranean Sea. Once they are at sea, many boats thus have to return to Libya, and migrants are placed in detention centres again. Most times, Migrants have paid money to agents for access to a boat, but the agents take their money and disappear.

Smugglers often lie about the length of the journey and do not tell migrants that the boats are overcrowded, unsuitable for long sea journeys and are at risk of sinking.

Smugglers shot migrants on the Sea if they refuse to get on the boat, and the Libyan coastguard has also shot at migrant boats transporting Migrants.

Journeys to Europe for refugees and illegal migrants remain fraught with danger. European border controls are extremely strict. At each border there is a high chance of being arrested and returned to Nigeria

Smugglers hide migrants in trucks and the boots of cars. Sometimes migrants get trapped and die there. Often migrants have to cross difficult terrain on foot, including mountains, thick forests and rivers, for many days with no shelter and during winter, in very cold and harsh weather.

2 Likes

Re: Road Trip To Germany (a Short True Life Story) by missjekyll: 4:31pm On May 07, 2020
southniyikaye:
I didn't anticipate the scam, it was my inlaw who introduced me to the scammer though in all honesty, he didn't know.
Couple with police case, couple with the travails I was facing, coupled with spiritual warfare I was fighting.
It's just as if someone was somewhere dishing me problems like a whot game.
Pick two, pick three general market
When I even wanted to checkmate, they kukuma gave me another general market.
Thinking about it will kill me so I just have to let go and try to start all over.
Well only God can save me now cos I no even Sabi the direction my life is going.
I have overcome the hard part which is moving on.
I believe God still has something in store for me,not giving up at all.

I actually laughed so hard at the shot comparison. You have a sense of humor. You will definitely go far in life. Welldone
Re: Road Trip To Germany (a Short True Life Story) by gaby(m): 10:18pm On May 07, 2020
Eyaaa,

Sorry to the guy that mentioned me in this thread, I didn't see the mention in time.
Re: Road Trip To Germany (a Short True Life Story) by Nobody: 6:04am On May 08, 2020
gaby:
Eyaaa,

Sorry to the guy that mentioned me in this thread, I didn't see the mention in time.
. I have read ur story about this route ,do you have any words of advice for people trying to migrate through it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Pakistani Men Who Were To Preach Islam To Nigerians Cause Stir On Lagos Flight / Aero Slashes Domestic Air Fare To N7, 000 / Anambra International Airport: Innoson Begins Production Of Jet-Steps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.