Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,035 members, 7,818,058 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:12 AM

I Want To Buy My First Car. I Need Advice. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / I Want To Buy My First Car. I Need Advice. (6473 Views)

I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car / A Few Weeks After I Bought My First Car, I Went Home Forgetting That I Had A Car / When Did You Buy Your First Car And How Much Was It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Buy My First Car. I Need Advice. by Meklex(m): 8:34pm On Apr 26, 2020
Car Gurus, I have 800k-1m+ to buy a personal car. I don't really know anything about cars, so I'd like to get advice on the best car to buy. My requirements include;

1. Reliability
2. Fuel economy
3. Availability of parts (I live in the east)
4. A little luxurious (no Golf 4 kind of cars)

1 Like

Re: I Want To Buy My First Car. I Need Advice. by cassidy1996(m): 8:36pm On Apr 26, 2020
Toyota Corolla comes to mind

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Buy My First Car. I Need Advice. by aaking(m): 8:55pm On Apr 26, 2020
Toyota product is best. But don't buy Nigeria use oo except you know the owner

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Buy My First Car. I Need Advice. by Meklex(m): 9:03pm On Apr 26, 2020
cassidy1996:
Toyota Corolla comes to mind
I hear Toyota corolla gets stolen easily.

8 Likes

Re: I Want To Buy My First Car. I Need Advice. by Meklex(m): 9:03pm On Apr 26, 2020
aaking:
Toyota product is best. But don't buy Nigeria use oo except you know the owner
which of the Toyota products?
Re: I Want To Buy My First Car. I Need Advice. by promotervickky(m): 9:08pm On Apr 26, 2020
Toyota Avensis could be great!

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Buy My First Car. I Need Advice. by TPound(m): 9:16pm On Apr 26, 2020
Please Whatsapp me on the number in my signature
Re: I Want To Buy My First Car. I Need Advice. by aaking(m): 9:21pm On Apr 26, 2020
Meklex:
which of the Toyota products?
Toyota Corolla or Camry. For business use buy picnic or 2002/03 Sienna.

Other
Ford focus. Honda engin and body is good than Toyota but you'll need to be changing the bojoint every year or even 6months

Don't buy
Nissan, Mazda,

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Buy My First Car. I Need Advice. by aaking(m): 9:24pm On Apr 26, 2020
Meklex:

Yes but if you have good and secured parking space. Due to uber usage cos the issue about Corolla. Matrix is another best Toyota product.
Re: I Want To Buy My First Car. I Need Advice. by ChideraStephen(f): 10:12pm On Apr 26, 2020

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Buy My First Car. I Need Advice. by Meklex(m): 7:14am On Apr 27, 2020
promotervickky:
Toyota Avensis could be great!
I am just knowing about this car and it looks exactly like what I'd like to drive. Do you own one?

1 Like

Re: I Want To Buy My First Car. I Need Advice. by promotervickky(m): 8:20am On Apr 27, 2020
Meklex:
I am just knowing about this car and it looks exactly like what I'd like to drive. Do you own one?

Somebody close to me has, and it's very good. Strong car and luxurious too. He is a doctor.
Re: I Want To Buy My First Car. I Need Advice. by Lexusgs430: 8:29am On Apr 27, 2020
Meklex:

You heard very well.......... If you have underlying health conditions, avoid those corolla's......... wink

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Buy My First Car. I Need Advice. by revilomichaels(m): 8:50am On Apr 27, 2020
aaking:

Other
Ford focus. Honda engin and body is good than Toyota but you'll need to be changing the bojoint every year or even 6months

Don't buy
Nissan, Mazda,

Your second paragraph is a lie sir. I’ve used Honda for 4 years without changing bolt joint.
Nigerians like to buy fake taiwan parts and say it’s Honda.
Buy original products and your mindset will change. I buy from alibaba.

Let’s not preach what we don’t know. I’ve not used ford so I won’t start taking as if I have

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Buy My First Car. I Need Advice. by revilomichaels(m): 8:52am On Apr 27, 2020
Meklex:

It’s not about heard. They are stolen everyday but there are corollas they don’t steal. Anything from 2002 down to 1990. Nobody will disturb you, it’s a very safe car. The wahala starts from 2003 upward.

Sometimes people go just dey smile at ur car like say na jollof rice

17 Likes

Re: I Want To Buy My First Car. I Need Advice. by promotervickky(m): 9:16am On Apr 27, 2020
If you must buy a corolla, set aside a budget for installation of car tracker, there is something you can put in your car, after installation you can lock the car, stop the car with your phone, and without you demobilizing it, it won't come up again grin

Thieves can only steal cars without car trackers!!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Buy My First Car. I Need Advice. by Lexusgs430: 9:21am On Apr 27, 2020
promotervickky:
If you must buy a corolla, set aside a budget for installation of car tracker, there is something you can put in your car, after installation you can lock the car, stop the car with your phone, and without you demobilizing it, it won't come up again grin

Thieves can only steal cars without car trackers!!

But they have downgraded now...... They open the car, steal the brain box, take off plenty plenty other parts...... Leaving owner with almost a shell...... cheesy

Can trackers be useful in this situation?...... cheesy

6 Likes

Re: I Want To Buy My First Car. I Need Advice. by chiefbuchiV12(m): 11:33pm On Apr 29, 2020
If Toyota's are the best then buying naija used shouldn't be a problem

5 Likes

Re: I Want To Buy My First Car. I Need Advice. by princeogbeide1(m): 11:41pm On Apr 29, 2020
Buy any car you like. There are good cars everywhere... Nigerians are so sick with Toyota. See people who don't even know how to drive are busy giving you sorts of advice concerning Toyota. Who said Mazda and Nissan are not reliable is the dumbest here.

4 Likes

Re: I Want To Buy My First Car. I Need Advice. by princeogbeide1(m): 11:46pm On Apr 29, 2020
ChideraStephen:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpesbjVXwTw?list=PLxyQq2ysFV1V3fY3c5VioDGCokGF5Ajjn
this

Your video is really a mess. No sign of seriousness in it..

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Buy My First Car. I Need Advice. by ndcide(m): 12:12am On Apr 30, 2020
promotervickky:

Somebody close to me has, and it's very good. Strong car and luxurious too. He is a doctor.

Do you know if it's for sale? I'm interested
Re: I Want To Buy My First Car. I Need Advice. by oginga: 2:06am On Apr 30, 2020
You are correct sir, Nissan and Mazda cars are underrated in Nigeria.

princeogbeide1:
Buy any car you like. There are good cars everywhere... Nigerians are so sick with Toyota. See people who don't even know how to drive are busy giving you sorts of advice concerning Toyota. Who said Mazda and Nissan are not reliable is the dumbest here.
Re: I Want To Buy My First Car. I Need Advice. by Kingbettips: 3:22am On Apr 30, 2020
I will be interested to see which one you buy
Re: I Want To Buy My First Car. I Need Advice. by boxypane(m): 6:30am On Apr 30, 2020
I would love to exchange my Pontiac vibe 2005(in perfect condition) with a better brand. Pls how do I go about this and which brand should a second time buyer go for?
Re: I Want To Buy My First Car. I Need Advice. by nams77: 7:54am On Apr 30, 2020
Buy Honda civic 2005. It does everything you listed and even more.
Its not a thief magnet.

For peace of mind, get the Honda civic 05 models. Search nairaland for reviews about the car
No leg pull.
Excellent fuel consumption
Great engine( Honda build great engines by the way).
Roomy enough for 5 persons.
Affordable parts.
You can park it and come back to still meet it there grin
Easy maintenance.
Great handling too

8 Likes

Re: I Want To Buy My First Car. I Need Advice. by princeogbeide1(m): 8:28am On Apr 30, 2020
oginga:
You are correct sir, Nissan and Mazda cars are underrated in Nigeria.

Meanwhile these cars has lower carbon emissions and they sell very well in US and Europe. Nissan has one of the best Hybrid engines.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Buy My First Car. I Need Advice. by ChideraStephen(f): 5:39am On May 01, 2020
but you watched?
grin
princeogbeide1:

Your video is really a mess. No sign of seriousness in it..
Re: I Want To Buy My First Car. I Need Advice. by skarz: 9:46am On May 15, 2020
boxypane:
I would love to exchange my Pontiac vibe 2005(in perfect condition) with a better brand. Pls how do I go about this and which brand should a second time buyer go for?

do you still want to sell?
i’m interested
Re: I Want To Buy My First Car. I Need Advice. by NaijadrivaCars: 10:34pm On May 15, 2020
aaking:

Other
Ford focus. Honda *engin and body is good than Toyota ***but you'll need to be changing the **bojoint every year or even 6months

Don't buy
Nissan, Mazda,

*engine
** ball joint
***Not all Honda have ball joint issue. Honda Civics for example do not have ball joint issues.

Fixed.
Re: I Want To Buy My First Car. I Need Advice. by rapheal5(m): 3:59pm On May 23, 2020
Do u mean it?
revilomichaels:

Your second paragraph is a lie sir. I’ve used Honda for 4 years without changing bolt joint.
Nigerians like to buy fake taiwan parts and say it’s Honda.
Buy original products and your mindset will change. I buy from alibaba.

Let’s not preach what we don’t know. I’ve not used ford so I won’t start taking as if I have
Re: I Want To Buy My First Car. I Need Advice. by dicksonadams(m): 8:13am On May 24, 2020
boxypane:

Try Honda Civic 2008, it has better safety features and accelerate faster, I have both cars
Re: I Want To Buy My First Car. I Need Advice. by dheilaw1(m): 11:48pm On May 24, 2020
Black leather seat 2008 Hyundai sonata for sale..... 08035115335

(1) (2) (Reply)

Between 2003 Corolla And 2001 Camry, Which Is A Better Option / Car Owners Prefer Fake Insurance From Licencing Offices? Why? / Paint-job Diary: Respray Of 03 Accord

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.