Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,658 members, 7,827,423 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:46 AM

Igbo/yoruba/hausa - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Igbo/yoruba/hausa (2619 Views)

Some Igbo/yoruba Word Used In Urhobo/Isoko Language / Caribbean Indigenes Speak Igbo & Yoruba Languages / Nairaland Official Igbo, Hausa and Yoruba Dictionary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbo/yoruba/hausa by lelouchan: 5:34pm On Jan 08, 2011
Hi all, I just joined this trend and I am shocked at the intense yoruba/igbo/hausa bashing. For God's sake, we are all NIGERIANS and I assumed we would have some sort of solidarity. But this is not the case, instead all I hear is 'yoruba people are dirty', 'igbo people are rude or loud', I can't really remember what they said about Hausas but it wasn't much better.

I honestly think it is silly and pointless to have these stupid tensions especially at a time when we are more or less the laughing stock of this continent. We have our stupid corrupt politicians in power, we have loads of foreigners hating Nigerians, and we have huge massive corporations like shell making a PROFIT over our people's sufferings. For God's sake, some people can't eat a full three meal and Shell is making billions from OUR oil. THAT is what we should think about, those are the people we need to talk about and bash and in that sense, all unite against these issues. I mean I honestly honestly have met loads of Nigerians from different places and thought they were nice, sure we have slight differences but way more similarities. Anyway I hope I don't get a lot of insults for what I just said, but please I hope there are people who at least agree with me

and just in case you think i'm talking nonsense, please just read this
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/africa/visible-from-space-deadly-on-earth-the-gas-flares-of-nigeria-1955108.html

absolutely disgusting.
Re: Igbo/yoruba/hausa by aljharem11(m): 5:59pm On Jan 08, 2011
i see you point, but to foster unity, we all need to respect each other

as you can see from the various threads you have read, most igbos do not respect other nigerians, they call various groups all sort of names from nbgati to aboki to almajiri. they call some parasites and call others leeches. they bring biafra to almost every discussion or bring 1967. if they do not start a thread " we are the best in this and that" they will start a thread that " igbos unity etc you are igbo and u deny it" they even compare themselves to northerners and yorubas why i ask undecided

if you go to the political, tribalism, cultural section you will also notice this trend

each time we talk of unity, they insult the north for the woes of the nation

now if they do not respect other people how do you expect others to respect them

although i have met some very respectable igbos on this forum eg ChinenyeN, Abagworo, mikenesy, sometime Andre uweh, and eccanny, also chyz before he ran mad undecided

but some of them just come to this forum to pick a fight with other groups ,,,,reason i do not know undecided

as for the yorubas, sometimes they tend to pull the legs of the igbos people on this forum, and the igbo retaliates which is a act of self defence,,,but all in all i agree is childish

i hope nigerians in dispora and nigeria will unite one day smiley
Re: Igbo/yoruba/hausa by isalegan2: 4:27am On Jan 09, 2011
I agree we should all get along Lelouchan.  We are African people with a common history of being expoited by outsiders. 

alj harem1:

although i have met some very respectable igbos on this forum eg ChinenyeN, Abagworo, mikenesy, sometime Andre uweh, and eccanny, also chyz before he ran mad undecided

Hahahaha cheesy What happened to Chyzzy?
Re: Igbo/yoruba/hausa by tpia6: 8:05am On Jan 10, 2011
Re: Igbo/yoruba/hausa by oludashmi(f): 10:15am On Jan 10, 2011
@leluchan
You are very very right.
But the issue is that it is sometimes difficult to walk away when someone says ill of your tribe in an attempt to claim superiority and self glorification as against what we experience of that same tribe in our day-to-day living. . .that is why pple defend their tribes cos other parts of the world are reading the negatives or false things being said against them. So it is better not to start one cos if started, the victimised tribe will not fold arms.

alj harem1:

although i have met some very respectable igbos on this forum eg ChinenyeN, Abagworo, mikenesy, sometime Andre uweh, and eccanny,  also chyz before he ran mad undecided
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy ROFTLMAO
And how on earth can Andre make your respectable list. . someone whos tongue is so loose that he insults and insults pple's parents on mere forum?
Re: Igbo/yoruba/hausa by calddon(m): 5:07pm On Jan 10, 2011
@poster tell them o! Nigerians and their ethnicity.
Re: Igbo/yoruba/hausa by Nobody: 5:32pm On Jan 10, 2011
alj harem1:

although i have met some very respectable igbos on this forum eg ChinenyeN, Abagworo, mikenesy, sometime Andre uweh, and eccanny,  also chyz before he ran mad undecided

You mean the same Andre Uweh that created the "Andre Uweh" ID to be neutral and many more other IDs to be tribalistic, pretending to be different people?  How is the agbaya of a buffoon respectable? 

@Post
Can we stop grouping Yorubas with whatever dilemma is facing Nigeria? I feel like you people are trying to force the Yorubas into a "peaceful" union. Enough of these Yorubas/Igbos/Hausa threads, those are not the only tribes in the country.
Re: Igbo/yoruba/hausa by AndreUweh(m): 11:53pm On Jan 10, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

You mean the same Andre Uweh that created the "Andre Uweh" ID to be neutral and many more other IDs to be tribalistic, pretending to be different people? How is the agbaya of a buffoon respectable?

@Post
Can we stop grouping Yorubas with whatever dilemma is facing Nigeria? I feel like you people are trying to force the Yorubas into a "peaceful" union. Enough of these Yorubas/Igbos/Hausa threads, those are not the only tribes in the country.
Brain-dead monkey, may you continue to remain barren for the rest of your adulterous life. Impotent retardo.
Re: Igbo/yoruba/hausa by aljharem11(m): 12:00am On Jan 11, 2011
Andre Uweh:

Brain-dead monkey, may you continue to remain barren for the rest of your adulterous life. Impotent retardo.
shocked shocked

why na Andre,,, why go to that extent
Re: Igbo/yoruba/hausa by AndreUweh(m): 12:27am On Jan 11, 2011
alj harem1:

shocked shocked

The ashawo attacked me first,
Re: Igbo/yoruba/hausa by dempeople(m): 3:49am On Jan 11, 2011
@OP

Get used to it. I did when I registered. I agree its not entirely a nice thing but you've got to for your life's sake. You see, Nairaland is a microcosm of the greater Nigerian society. I must say that registering on Nairaland opened my eyes to the full gore of tribalism and its effects on the Nigerian mind. I've better understood other Nigerians through this forum. For that sake, I'll never stay, fold my arms and allow anyone to bash my people or my nation (Igboland). wink
Re: Igbo/yoruba/hausa by oludashmi(f): 12:32pm On Jan 11, 2011
Andre Uweh:

Big-for-nothing-fool, if I were you, I wouldnt have replied this way due to the honour that has been bestowed on me . . .but due to your immaturity and guts to curse a fellow human being. . .I say ACCORDING TO YOUR WISH, may barrenness never cease from your generation, your children will go out but will never return home.

alj harem1:

shocked shocked
Why are you disappointed? Didnt you crown him?

Andre Uweh:

Maturity speaks alot
You will never bridle you tongue
Re: Igbo/yoruba/hausa by aljharem11(m): 3:33pm On Jan 11, 2011
oludashmi:

i am surprised as well that even after the respect i have for him, he still had to insult undecided
Re: Igbo/yoruba/hausa by AndreUweh(m): 5:48pm On Jan 11, 2011
oludashmi:

Big-for-nothing-fool, if I were you, I wouldnt have replied this way due to the honour that has been bestowed on me . . .but due to your immaturity and guts to curse a fellow human being. . .I say ACCORDING TO YOUR WISH, may barrenness never cease from your generation, your children will go out but will never return home.
Maturity speaks alot
You will never bridle you tongue

You daughter of a prostituing mother, when she insulted me first you didn't see it. No one insults me and gets away with it. Know it now, shameless maggot.
Re: Igbo/yoruba/hausa by AndreUweh(m): 5:52pm On Jan 11, 2011
alj harem1:

i am surprised as well that even after the respect i have for him, he still had to insult undecided
When I get insulted you feel it is cool, but when I hit back, you feel it is not o.k. Alh you may not know, I always give it back when insulted. So you may hold your respect for now.
Re: Igbo/yoruba/hausa by Nobody: 6:41pm On Jan 11, 2011
Andre Uweh:

Andre Uweh:

Awww, better be careful, before I report to your wife and female children that you decided to "grace" me with the poem you dedicated to her Yesterday. How did the poem go?; "
Oh you brain dead monkey. . . . my lovely ashewo of a wife". . . .

Just saying, she might not like you dedicating her treasured poem to another cool
Re: Igbo/yoruba/hausa by Nobody: 6:43pm On Jan 11, 2011
Now what was I saying before the overgrown buffoon decided to interrupt with his usual agbaya rubbish?

Ileke-IdI:

[size=14pt]You mean the same Andre Uweh that created the "Andre Uweh" ID to be neutral and many more other IDs to be tribalistic, pretending to be different people?  How is the agbaya of a buffoon respectable?  [/size]

@Post
Re: Igbo/yoruba/hausa by AndreUweh(m): 7:04pm On Jan 11, 2011
^^^Ashawo ball licker, the message is clear. You are a barren woman and shall remain so. Monkey licking Arrow. IKWIKWI.
Re: Igbo/yoruba/hausa by Akhenaten: 7:16pm On Jan 11, 2011
Lets be civil people. We are all adults. smiley
Re: Igbo/yoruba/hausa by Nobody: 7:18pm On Jan 11, 2011
Akhenaten:

Lets be civil people. We are all adults.  smiley

But ofcourse. I always am kiss

Andre Uweh:

^^^Ashawo ball licker, the message is clear. You are a barren woman and shall remain so. Monkey licking Arrow. IKWIKWI.

Be civil. Your wife wouldnt like you spelling out your endearment for her on NL  kiss

BTW, I lick the same types of balls you do, except mines are usually bigger  grin
Re: Igbo/yoruba/hausa by aljharem11(m): 7:20pm On Jan 11, 2011
Andre Uweh:

andre just because she insulted you does not mean you should also insult her
Ileke-IdI:

Now what was I saying before the overgrown buffoon decided to interrupt with his usual agbaya rubbish?

ileke-idi please stop this insult smiley
Re: Igbo/yoruba/hausa by Nobody: 7:22pm On Jan 11, 2011
^^^ cheesy cheesy

I'm just bored and the SE monkey is very entertaining. tongue
Re: Igbo/yoruba/hausa by aljharem11(m): 7:28pm On Jan 11, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

^^^ cheesy cheesy

I'm just bored and the SE monkey is very entertaining. tongue

c'mon ileke-idi, do not call him a monkey undecided i do not want them to think you are a tribilist cool because i know you are not
Re: Igbo/yoruba/hausa by dempeople(m): 12:38am On Jan 12, 2011
Guys, for the sake of decency, addressing each other with horrible names and statements isn't encouraged. Peace. smiley
Re: Igbo/yoruba/hausa by LordNicvuitton(m): 9:08pm On Oct 05, 2012
Omg! Do u guys; IGBOS, YORUBAS, HAUSAS/FULANIS, 9JA DELTANS & MIDDLE BELT eva realise that we r all human beings, Africans, blacks & above all, equal b4 GOD? Do u guys even know that foreigners read threads on this site? I'm an IGBO guy from Anambra but I love my YORUBA, HAUSA/FULANI, 9JA DELTA & MID BELT BROTHERS because love conquers all.. I cry when I go thru nl threads and see d hatred exhibited by nigerians on nigerians. If d world hates us, shuld we also hate ourselves? Pls my yoruba, hausa/fulani, 9ja delta, mid belt brothers, i plead on behalf of my igbo brodas 4 u 2 pls 4give us and 4get d past.. I also plead wit my igbo brodas 2 4give anybody frm anoda tribe that offended u.. Let there be peace, love, endurance, tolerance & mercy.. Human beings r nat our enemies, it is d evil thoughts/spirits that corrupt human mind & mk us hate our brothers.. God bless ALL, AMEN.

(1) (Reply)

Which Of The Nigerian Local Languages Would You Like To Learn? / History And Heritage Of Igala People / The Agonies Of Widows In Nigerian Culture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.