Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,603 members, 7,809,189 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:54 AM

A History Of God. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A History Of God. (2290 Views)

Ex-muslim Imam Pens Open Letter, Giving Obama A History Lesson About Islam / A History Of God / A History Of Early Christianity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

A History Of God. by thehomer: 11:04pm On Jan 08, 2011
A pretty engaging video on the monotheistic God of Judaism and Christianity and by extension, Islam. With such knowledge, the reasons why this God was so different in the New Testament and many passages in the Old Testament become clear.

Here's a link to the video.

[flash=400,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlnnWbkMlbg?fs=1&hl=en_US&rel=0[/flash]
Re: A History Of God. by justcool(m): 12:51am On Jan 09, 2011
@thehomer,

The title of this thread is deceiving. You should have named this thread, "A History of man's perception of God" not "A History of God".

Thanks
Re: A History Of God. by Sweetnecta: 1:00am On Jan 09, 2011
@the poser; suddenly your guy, the narrator lump Islam with his difficulty with the Bible.

this is strange, considering that Islam declares its uniqueness from both Judaism and Christianity, and we never say that our God is the Author of the Bible, a book sprinkled with confusion and contradictions.

Have you ever examined the Quran and see that there is no similarity between it and the Bible?

I understand; you guys dont read arabic, and the christian arabs will rather hang their hope on a man who was unable to know everything, rather than follow guidance from a man [as] from them telling them to turn to the God that is always existing.

Islam does not give an indication that the earth begins just the other day, as the Bible wrongly said, if your narrator is rightly quoting from it.
Re: A History Of God. by thehomer: 7:17am On Jan 09, 2011
justcool:

@thehomer,

The title of this thread is deceiving. You should have named this thread, "A History of man's perception of God" not "A History of God".

Thanks

I disagree with the claim of deception. The video was about the origins of the Christian and Jewish God and by extension, the Muslim God. I mentioned this in the body. If it were about say the Pantheistic God, then it would have been misleading.
Re: A History Of God. by thehomer: 7:19am On Jan 09, 2011
Sweetnecta:

@the poser; suddenly your guy, the narrator lump Islam with his difficulty with the Bible.

this is strange, considering that Islam declares its uniqueness from both Judaism and Christianity, and we never say that our God is the Author of the Bible, a book sprinkled with confusion and contradictions.

Have you ever examined the Quran and see that there is no similarity between it and the Bible?

I understand; you guys dont read arabic, and the christian arabs will rather hang their hope on a man who was unable to know everything, rather than follow guidance from a man [as] from them telling them to turn to the God that is always existing.

Islam does not give an indication that the earth begins just the other day, as the Bible wrongly said, if your narrator is rightly quoting from it.

Is Allah the same as the Christian God or not? Were Jesus and Muhammed prophets of the same God or not?
Re: A History Of God. by TCD: 3:17pm On Jan 09, 2011
thehomer:

A pretty engaging video on the monotheistic God of Judaism and Christianity and by extension, Islam. With such knowledge, the reasons why this God was so different in the New Testament and many passages in the Old Testament become clear.

Here's a link to the video.

[flash=400,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlnnWbkMlbg?fs=1&hl=en_US&rel=0[/flash]

Pls give me a link to the video page on Youtube or better the Title of the video so I can search it out. I'm on mobile and can't see embeded videos. Thanks
Re: A History Of God. by Purist(m): 5:11pm On Jan 09, 2011
Quite revealing indeed. As someone said on youtube. . . "this explains the multiple personality disorder that God has in the bible. He acts like different people, because he was different people."
Re: A History Of God. by seyibrown(f): 5:19pm On Jan 09, 2011
Well . . he tells a story . . . . . . . and who are 'J', 'E' and 'P'? cool
Re: A History Of God. by Purist(m): 5:31pm On Jan 09, 2011
seyibrown:

. . . . and who are 'J', 'E' and 'P'? cool

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Documentary_hypothesis
Re: A History Of God. by seyibrown(f): 5:49pm On Jan 09, 2011
Re: A History Of God. by toneyb: 6:21pm On Jan 09, 2011
Purist:

Quite revealing indeed. As someone said on youtube. . . "this explains the multiple personality disorder that God has in the bible. He acts like different people, because he was different people."

Perfect summary.
Re: A History Of God. by Nobody: 6:32pm On Jan 09, 2011
God is good, he created everything including you
Re: A History Of God. by thehomer: 7:25pm On Jan 09, 2011
TCD:

Pls give me a link to the video page on Youtube or better the Title of the video so I can search it out. I'm on mobile and can't see embeded videos. Thanks

The title of the clip is A History of God Part 1. It was made by the Youtube user Evid3nc3.
Re: A History Of God. by thehomer: 7:25pm On Jan 09, 2011
H$LBroker:

God is good, he created everything including you

Which God?
Re: A History Of God. by Sweetnecta: 7:47pm On Jan 09, 2011
@TheHomer: « #4 on: Today at 07:19:11 AM »
[Quote]Is Allah the same as the Christian God or not? Were Jesus and Muhammed prophets of the same God or not?[/QUote]Since Christian God is in Triune, Allah will not be the same as the Christian God. The answer is no.

Of course Jesus son of Mary [as] and Muhammad [as] are Messengers and Prophets of Allah, the non-Triune Deity Who is One Lord God The Creator.

You thehomer dont believe God exist anyway. Maybe I am wrong in this assumption.

Karen Armstrong in her quest recently believed there is God. You need to get her views on Islam. She is not a radical rejector like your ilk. Her problem emanated from her being 17 year old girl going into the convent, and probably in less than 7 years later based on the raging femininity in her discovered that she needed a man.

I saw her interview with Texan Moyers on PBS, yesterday along with others in the past including NPRs. At best, like most orientalist experts, she mixed falsehood with truth.

Islam stands alone. We are not part of the derivitive[s] of neither Judaism, which she spoke about in what you posted, nor Christianity that is obviously a form of Judaism.
Re: A History Of God. by thehomer: 8:56pm On Jan 09, 2011
Sweetnecta:

@TheHomer: « #4 on: Today at 07:19:11 AM »Since Christian God is in Triune, Allah will not be the same as the Christian God. The answer is no.

Of course Jesus son of Mary [as] and Muhammad [as] are Messengers and Prophets of Allah, the non-Triune Deity Who is One Lord God The Creator.

And how about characters such as Moses and Abraham who were mentioned in the video? You may wish to know that not all Christians agree with the doctrine of the trinity.

Sweetnecta:

You thehomer dont believe God exist anyway. Maybe I am wrong in this assumption.

Whether I believe or not is irrelevant.

Sweetnecta:

Karen Armstrong in her quest recently believed there is God. You need to get her views on Islam. She is not a radical rejector like your ilk. Her problem emanated from her being 17 year old girl going into the convent, and probably in less than 7 years later based on the raging femininity in her discovered that she needed a man.

So that was her problem. Interesting but even if what you say were true, so what?

Sweetnecta:

I saw her interview with Texan Moyers on PBS, yesterday along with others in the past including NPRs. At best, like most orientalist experts, she mixed falsehood with truth.

You saw the interview, good for you.

Sweetnecta:

Islam stands alone. We are not part of the derivitive[s] of neither Judaism, which she spoke about in what you posted, nor Christianity that is obviously a form of Judaism.

Whether you like it or not, Islam is a part of it especially when one considers the shared prophets and myths.
Re: A History Of God. by Dulcet7(m): 10:55pm On Jan 09, 2011
In addition, research indicates that the so-called Israelites in Egypt were actually paid Egyptian workers who ganged up under Moses to try to secede (like the Biafra story) under the grounds that they wanted to worship only one God. When it didnt work, they had to leave Egypt after a war in which Moses is believed to have used a lot of illusion & magic (the 10 plagues). The story of Moses' discovery in the bulrushes and adoption by Pharaoh's daughter is very likely an afterthought to spice up the story and align it with another ancient Sumerian myth, presenting him as a saviour etc.

Having seen this video, now i really need to open my thread to talk about God (I am a theist with no further religious embellishment). Soon as i have some time.
Re: A History Of God. by Sweetnecta: 12:34am On Jan 10, 2011
@TheHomer: « #15 on: Yesterday at 08:56:46 PM »
[QuoteAnd how about characters such as Moses and Abraham who were mentioned in the video? You may wish to know that not all Christians agree with the doctrine of the trinity.[quote][/Quote]While we have them in Islam, the Jews and Christians malign each of them. They say Abraham slept with his wife's unmarried maid, a definite adultery/fornication combo. And in the case of Moses they said that Yahweh was after his hide even as he was still on the errand of that very Yahweh. Both situations are absurd tot he Muslims who denied them. Do we have the same people, while our ideas are completely different? You tell me, thehomer, considering that both groups cant be both right, hence the formation of "God" as Karen was saying it is restricted to the Jew/Christian combo, and muslims are free of it. I ask you, was The Creator ever absent?

[Quote]Whether I believe or not is irrelevant.[/Quote]It is your lack of belief that will engineer your thought and conscience to the extend that you can ignorantly believe that 1 Complete God has to be formulated from axiom of ancient multiple gods or god.

[Quote]So that was her problem. Interesting but even if what you say were true, so what?[/Quote]New information for you. I am certain that if you didnt know that before, it is now an information you cant deny. Some day, you will know that you and your ilk did not come out of an ape. There is A Creator Who actually created you that you come out of your momma's tommie as a modern man. He created Adam completely matured,ready to be a father of babies. This is a testament to the Power of our Creator.

[Quote]You saw the interview, good for you.[/Quote]I have known about her for over a decade. She was part of many religious documentary miniseries. Most people will have a problem in one area, but broad stroke the whole mansion with the same paint. I remember a christian just this past week saying to me that because the muslims wear long robes, he thinks they are no educated, while one of the Iranian Ayatollah's has a Ph. D. in Classical German Philosophy, something former President George Bush could never have been able to acquire.

[Quote]Whether you like it or not, Islam is a part of it especially when one considers the shared prophets and myths.[/Quote]You almost made sense with your temper tantrum until you added the myths. Again, it shows your poor judgment of reality. Shared personality is Odumegu Ojukwu to Nigeria. No where was he the head of state of Nigeria, but Biafra. See what I mean? Illusion and reality are two different things. You and Karen are in some strata of illusion. Thank God, you are both on earth, even then. The Mercy of God extends and covers all.
Re: A History Of God. by justcool(m): 6:30am On Jan 10, 2011
thehomer:

I disagree with the claim of deception. The video was about the origins of the Christian and Jewish God and by extension, the Muslim God. I mentioned this in the body. If it were about say the Pantheistic God, then it would have been misleading.

Wrong. There is nothing like Christian, Jewish, and Muslim God; they are all perceptions of God. In the evolution of these religious deities(various religious perceptions of God) is mirrored the development or the evolution of the people. It is the people that evolved not God. The real God needs not evolve for He is perfection itself; He commands nobody to kill or harm his/her neighbor neither does He require any blood sacrifice or religion.

The name "God" was not derived or gotten from any of the religions that you mentioned or was mentioned in the video. The word "God" is an English word derived from the Germanic word "ǥuđan"; read the etymology of the word God.

Actually the word "God" is directly, if not inseparably, linked to pantheism; if you study the etymology of the word "God" you will understand what I mean. The word "pantheism" is derived from two Greek words: "πᾶν (pan)" and "θεός (theos)". "Pan"  means all, universal, or not personal; while "theos" means deity. Thus panteism deals with the deity as somthing standing by itself and born out of any religion as such; an the English word "God" refers to such a deity.

Although different religions borrow this word "God", it does not belong to these religion; all these religions (Christianity, Judaism, Islam,) have a name which the call their Deity, a name which is peculiar to them. If the video maker had used the name that the various religions call their deity, then the video would have been more honest. But I'm not saying that the video is deliberately being dishonest; it is just using the word (God) that he doesn’t really understand.

God is God; He does not belong to any religion.

Thanks.
Re: A History Of God. by vedaxcool(m): 8:54am On Jan 10, 2011
Sweetnecta:

Who could have stated the fact the way it is? How can any sensible or rational person without proof of any kind just throw caution to the wind and merge Islam with the theories of Judaism and Christianity?

Sweetnecta, one thing I know of this hommer guy is his over Ignorance when it comes to Islam.

Going thru the Documentary we come to the conclusion that the Jews/Hebrews never had any god until they mixed up with other people, as he asserted with Elohim, Yaweh, as being derivatives of gods from other Lands, the Question emerges how is it possible for an entire race not to have a god of their own? One thing the author of the entire bogus nonsense failed to note is the fact that even if we were to agree with his notion, then he must be able to provide the god the Isrealites worshipped before the advent of JEDP or whatever that theory is.

Now on Islam, the author including the Op(whose Ignorance of Islam is universally acknowledged) failed to Point how ideas of the OT and The NT came into Islam and thru what medium and at what time.
The first point the Ignorant herd of atheist do is to claim that Muhammad PBUH copied from the bible(Just like the Op said in the thread about what happens to people when the die) Now, wt no form of evidence, these herd of Ignoramus will claim we have proven that Muhammad PBUH copied the bible. Note this claim actually was propounded by Christians and Jews, which the atheist accept uncritically (being less logical than Agnostics we couldn't expect any less from them), it funny how this unthinking men will easily follow people they claim are irrational. Talk about intellectual laziness this dudes will come up tops. No where will this herd tell you that Muhammad could not read nor write talkless of copying from the bible. But trust people like homer they always prove things without proving things (Take it as a sort of their religion). No where will this 'herds' tell you that ALLAH in censures certain ideas the biblical Yawehetc. Like look at this verse:

Surah 50:38. We created the heavens and the earth and all between them in Six Periods, nor
did any sense of weariness touch Us.

This verse was a direct refutation to what the bible claim God did after he created the earth. Again th Qur'an gave strong criticism of the OT and NT, which it termed corrupted.

The documentary posed a strong Lie when it says there was no evidence of Monotheist religion before Judaism, maybe he never heard of Akhenatan:
Akhenaten (pronounced /ˌɑːkəˈnɑːtən/;[1] often also spelled Echnaton, Akhnaton, or rarely Ikhnaton; meaning Effective spirit of Aten) was known before the fifth year of his reign as Amenhotep IV (sometimes given its Greek form, Amenophis IV, and meaning Amun is Satisfied), a Pharaoh of the Eighteenth dynasty of Egypt, ruled for 17 years and died in 1336 BC or 1334 BC. He is especially noted for abandoning traditional Egyptian polytheism and introducing worship centered on the Aten, which is sometimes described as monotheistic or henotheistic. An early inscription likens him to the sun as compared to stars, and later official language avoids calling the Aten a god, giving the solar deity a status above mere gods. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akhenaten

Zoroastrianism is a monotheistic religion which was once one of the largest religions on Earth. Zoroastrianism was founded in either the early part of the 12-10th century BCE or possibly as early as the 18th Century BCE. The religion is based on the teachings and philosophies of Zoroaster. The Zoroastrians (or "Parsis"wink are sometimes credited with being the first monotheists and having had significant influence in the formation of current, larger world religions. Today, some figures put the number of adherents to Zoroastrianism at up to 3.5 million,[43] ranging from regions in South Asia and spread across the globe. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monotheism

Islam
Main articles: Tawhid and Hanif

The holy book of Islam, a religion considered by some as the most monotheistic, the Qur'an asserts the existence of a single and absolute truth that transcends the world; a unique and indivisible being who is independent of the creation.[17] The indivisibility of Allah (God) implies the indivisibility of Allah's sovereignty which in turn leads to the conception of the universe as just, coherent and moral rather than as an existential and moral chaos (as in polytheism). Similarly the Qur'an rejects the binary modes of thinking such as the idea of a duality of God by arguing that both good and evil generate from God's creative act and that evil forces have no power to create anything. Allah in Islam is a universal god rather than a local, tribal or parochial one; an absolute who integrates all affirmative values and brooks no evil.[18]

Tawhid constitutes the foremost article of the Muslim profession.[19] To attribute divinity to a created entity is the only unpardonable sin mentioned in the Qur'an.[18] Muslims believe that the entirety of the Islamic teaching rests on the principle of Tawhid (Oneness of God).[20]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monotheism

On a final note the entire crap documentary of yours is all based on suppositions such as claiming the Isrealite started copying other people's god without even having one of their own, again it supposed that the Isrealite must copy other people's gods once they find themselves in any community different from theirs, Again it suppose that Islam must have some where some how copied the OT and NT, whose ideas are usually refuted and which I have show that Muhammad the founder of Islam could not read nor write, the burden of proof falls on you. etc, rather than hard core facts, the atheist commentator of the documentary showed my earlier assertion that atheist are hardly rational as they want us to think. To him he uncritically accepted the entire garbage because it suited his pre concieved idea about religion, in fact that seems to be the way of western thinking, they come up with an idea and find "evidence" that support that idea. We thought that atheist are supposed to deal with matters rationally, but like I have come to reliaze thay are simply below the peak of rationalism which leaves them always making claim by approximation/despiration. Hommer you need to start thinking instead of regurgitating what othes think.
Re: A History Of God. by thehomer: 10:31pm On Jan 10, 2011
Sweetnecta:

@TheHomer: « #15 on: Yesterday at 08:56:46 PM »It is your lack of belief that will engineer your thought and conscience to the extend that you can ignorantly believe that 1 Complete God has to be formulated from axiom of ancient multiple gods or god.

There is evidence for this some of which was presented in the video.
Opinions on what should be considered as libel depend on who you ask.

Sweetnecta:

New information for you. I am certain that if you didnt know that before, it is now an information you cant deny. Some day, you will know that you and your ilk did not come out of an ape. There is A Creator Who actually created you that you come out of your momma's tommie as a modern man. He created Adam completely matured,ready to be a father of babies. This is a testament to the Power of our Creator.

Don't mistake my sarcasm for agreement with your proposal. Who says man came out of an ape? You simply do not understand the theory of evolution. I advice you to look it up. Adam? Do you not see that these "coincidences" of characters especially when one religious faith comes before another is more than coincidence can explain?

Sweetnecta:

I have known about her for over a decade. She was part of many religious documentary miniseries. Most people will have a problem in one area, but broad stroke the whole mansion with the same paint. I remember a christian just this past week saying to me that because the muslims wear long robes, he thinks they are no educated, while one of the Iranian Ayatollah's has a Ph. D. in Classical German Philosophy, something former President George Bush could never have been able to acquire.

You've known about her? Good for you. So what if one Iranian Ayatollah has a doctorate in Philosophy? Did you know that Catholic Bishops too are well educated? What's the relevance of your reference to George Bush in this?

Sweetnecta:

You almost made sense with your temper tantrum until you added the myths. Again, it shows your poor judgment of reality. Shared personality is Odumegu Ojukwu to Nigeria. No where was he the head of state of Nigeria, but Biafra. See what I mean? Illusion and reality are two different things. You and Karen are in some strata of illusion. Thank God, you are both on earth, even then. The Mercy of God extends and covers all.

Temper tantrum? Are you saying Islam has no myths? Have you looked at mythical creatures like angels, how about creating humans from a clot?
Re: A History Of God. by thehomer: 10:57pm On Jan 10, 2011
vedaxcool:

Who could have stated the fact the way it is? How can any sensible or rational person without proof of any kind just throw caution to the wind and merge Islam with the theories of Judaism and Christianity?

Sweetnecta, one thing I know of this hommer guy is his over Ignorance when it comes to Islam.

Sure I'm ignorant to some extent but the same can be said about virtually any field of knowledge. The difference between us is that I try to educate myself and rely on evidence.

vedaxcool:

Going thru the Documentary we come to the conclusion that the Jews/Hebrews never had any god until they mixed up with other people, as he asserted with Elohim, Yaweh, as being derivatives of gods from other Lands, the Question emerges how is it possible for an entire race not to have a god of their own? One thing the author of the entire bogus nonsense failed to note is the fact that even if we were to agree with his notion, then he must be able to provide the god the Isrealites worshipped before the advent of JEDP or whatever that theory is.

Now on Islam, the author including the Op(whose Ignorance of Islam is universally acknowledged) failed to Point how ideas of the OT and The NT came into Islam and thru what medium and at what time.
The first point the Ignorant herd of atheist do is to claim that Muhammad PBUH copied from the bible(Just like the Op said in the thread about what happens to people when the die) Now, wt no form of evidence, these herd of Ignoramus will claim we have proven that Muhammad PBUH copied the bible. Note this claim actually was propounded by Christians and Jews, which the atheist accept uncritically (being less logical than Agnostics we couldn't expect any less from them), it funny how this unthinking men will easily follow people they claim are irrational. Talk about intellectual laziness this dudes will come up tops. No where will this herd tell you that Muhammad could not read nor write talkless of copying from the bible. But trust people like homer they always prove things without proving things (Take it as a sort of their religion). No where will this 'herds' tell you that ALLAH in censures certain ideas the biblical Yawehetc. Like look at this verse:

Surah 50:38. We created the heavens and the earth and all between them in Six Periods, nor
did any sense of weariness touch Us.

This verse was a direct refutation to what the bible claim God did after he created the earth. Again th Qur'an gave strong criticism of the OT and NT, which it termed corrupted.

Wow so you do not see the similarities in the reference to 6 time periods?

vedaxcool:

The documentary posed a strong Lie when it says there was no evidence of Monotheist religion before Judaism, maybe he never heard of Akhenatan:
Akhenaten (pronounced /ˌɑːkəˈnɑːtən/;[1] often also spelled Echnaton, Akhnaton, or rarely Ikhnaton; meaning Effective spirit of Aten) was known before the fifth year of his reign as Amenhotep IV (sometimes given its Greek form, Amenophis IV, and meaning Amun is Satisfied), a Pharaoh of the Eighteenth dynasty of Egypt, ruled for 17 years and died in 1336 BC or 1334 BC. He is especially noted for abandoning traditional Egyptian polytheism and introducing worship centered on the Aten, which is sometimes described as monotheistic or henotheistic. An early inscription likens him to the sun as compared to stars, and later official language avoids calling the Aten a god, giving the solar deity a status above mere gods. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akhenaten

Zoroastrianism is a monotheistic religion which was once one of the largest religions on Earth. Zoroastrianism was founded in either the early part of the 12-10th century BCE or possibly as early as the 18th Century BCE. The religion is based on the teachings and philosophies of Zoroaster. The Zoroastrians (or "Parsis"wink are sometimes credited with being the first monotheists and having had significant influence in the formation of current, larger world religions. Today, some figures put the number of adherents to Zoroastrianism at up to 3.5 million,[43] ranging from regions in South Asia and spread across the globe. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monotheism

Did you watch the video?

vedaxcool:

Islam
Main articles: Tawhid and Hanif

The holy book of Islam, a religion considered by some as the most monotheistic, the Qur'an asserts the existence of a single and absolute truth that transcends the world; a unique and indivisible being who is independent of the creation.[17] The indivisibility of Allah (God) implies the indivisibility of Allah's sovereignty which in turn leads to the conception of the universe as just, coherent and moral rather than as an existential and moral chaos (as in polytheism). Similarly the Qur'an rejects the binary modes of thinking such as the idea of a duality of God by arguing that both good and evil generate from God's creative act and that evil forces have no power to create anything. Allah in Islam is a universal god rather than a local, tribal or parochial one; an absolute who integrates all affirmative values and brooks no evil.[18]

Tawhid constitutes the foremost article of the Muslim profession.[19] To attribute divinity to a created entity is the only unpardonable sin mentioned in the Qur'an.[18] Muslims believe that the entirety of the Islamic teaching rests on the principle of Tawhid (Oneness of God).[20]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monotheism

On a final note the entire crap documentary of yours is all based on suppositions such as claiming the Isrealite started copying other people's god without even having one of their own, again it supposed that the Isrealite must copy other people's gods once they find themselves in any community different from theirs, Again it suppose that Islam must have some where some how copied the OT and NT, whose ideas are usually refuted and which I have show that Muhammad the founder of Islam could not read nor write, the burden of proof falls on you. etc, rather than hard core facts, the atheist commentator of the documentary showed my earlier assertion that atheist are hardly rational as they want us to think. To him he uncritically accepted the entire garbage because it suited his pre concieved idea about religion, in fact that seems to be the way of western thinking, they come up with an idea and find "evidence" that support that idea. We thought that atheist are supposed to deal with matters rationally, but like I have come to reliaze thay are simply below the peak of rationalism which leaves them always making claim by approximation/despiration. Hommer you need to start thinking instead of regurgitating what othes think.

I notice the noise you generate here without actually thinking and considering the evidence before you. e.g, we do know that Judaism and Christianity came up before Islam. Then, consider the shared characters claimed as prophets in Islam e.g Adam, Noah, Abraham, Jacob, David, Moses, Solomon etc. How about the shared mythical angels e.g Gabriel, Michael, Raphael etc.
Try to think about these seeming "coincidences" then come back and repeat your confusion.
A parting thought, banging your head against a wall or floor will not change facts. It will only earn you a concussion.
Re: A History Of God. by Sweetnecta: 12:12am On Jan 11, 2011
@TheHomer; « #20 on: Today at 10:31:16 PM »
[Quote]Don't mistake my sarcasm for agreement with your proposal. Who says man came out of an ape? You simply do not understand the theory of evolution. I advice you to look it up. Adam? Do you not see that these "coincidences" of characters especially when one religious faith comes before another is more than coincidence can explain?[/Quote]apply the 'is more than coincidence can explain' creation and its Creator, a relationship you probably think does not exist or not in fullness of it as people like me proclaim it.

[Quote]You've known about her? Good for you. So what if one Iranian Ayatollah has a doctorate in Philosophy? Did you know that Catholic Bishops too are well educated? What's the relevance of your reference to George Bush in this?[/Quote]Karen's opinion, is just that. Her own opinion, quite different from the reality. Where ever you may be located on earth, there is something or somebody directly opposite you, whose feet or base will be directly pointing to yours. While neither of you fall away from the earth, yet the earth is moving in two intricate ways. The Holder of you in place is not you, not an unknown, but God Almighty Who has made all the forces acting on you and in you to be at equilibrium. Glory to Him.

[Quote]Temper tantrum? Are you saying Islam has no myths? Have you looked at mythical creatures like angels, how about creating humans from a clot?[/Quote]It is a myth because you dont believe it. You want to see it am sure. A young child told her classmate once in response to the teacher who said God does not exist because you cant see Him, asking if anyone in the class had seen the brain of the teacher. On Youtube, a clear figure with wings in very brilliant light is recorded at it appears prostrated on the top of the Kaaba. Do Angels and Genie exist? You bet.

If you are truly a scientist, I wonder why you dont believe that there could be other beings, like aliens, which many call UFOs, and possible beings in other planets?
Re: A History Of God. by Krayola(m): 1:06am On Jan 11, 2011
haha. I have the book. Read it while in school. Pretty solid book. U guys should read it. But then again Y'll like to believe in magical stuff so it's probably not for u.
Re: A History Of God. by Krayola(m): 1:13am On Jan 11, 2011
I remember one debate i had with Noetic a while ago abut the Genesis creation stories when I made this same argument. Spent a whole day working on that post and it just got dismissed like everything else. grin grin

People like simple answers. . . They disregard context. . . . They demonize the most respected of scholars, people that dedicate their whole lives to studying this stuff, and trust pastors out for a buck. This whole religion thing don tire me I swear. I don't even bother anymore. The white man brought us a magical dream and we're hooked on it. We won't even think anymore.
Re: A History Of God. by Krayola(m): 1:48am On Jan 11, 2011
Just saw the whole video. Does a pretty good job of summarizing the first chapter or so. . . .But y'all should really read the book. That's like 1/10th of the whole story in the video.
Re: A History Of God. by TCD: 7:49am On Jan 11, 2011
thehomer:

The title of the clip is A History of God Part 1. It was made by the Youtube user Evid3nc3.

Thank you Mr homer
Re: A History Of God. by Purist(m): 7:52am On Jan 11, 2011
Krayola:

Just saw the whole video. Does a pretty good job of summarizing the first chapter or so. . . .But y'all should really read the book. That's like 1/10th of the whole story in the video.

Cool. I have the book now. cool
Re: A History Of God. by TCD: 7:56am On Jan 11, 2011
Krayola:

haha. I have the book. Read it while in school. Pretty solid book. U guys should read it. But then again Y'll like to believe in magical stuff so it's probably not for u.

Hello. Please what book are you talking about? is there anywhere I can download the book coz I doubt such books will be on sale in naija. thanks

Mr purist can you help me with the book too? smiley
Re: A History Of God. by Nobody: 8:07am On Jan 11, 2011
Sweetnecta:

@TheHomer; « #20 on: Today at 10:31:16 PM »apply the 'is more than coincidence can explain' creation and its Creator, a relationship you probably think does not exist or not in fullness of it as people like me proclaim it.

Karen's opinion, is just that. Her own opinion, quite different from the reality. Where ever you may be located on earth, there is something or somebody directly opposite you, whose feet or base will be directly pointing to yours. While neither of you fall away from the earth, yet the earth is moving in two intricate ways. The Holder of you in place is not you, not an unknown, but God Almighty Who has made all the forces acting on you and in you to be at equilibrium. Glory to Him.
It is a myth because you dont believe it. You want to see it am sure. A young child told her classmate once in response to the teacher who said God does not exist because you cant see Him, asking if anyone in the class had seen the brain of the teacher. On Youtube, a clear figure with wings in very brilliant light is recorded at it appears prostrated on the top of the Kaaba. Do Angels and Genie exist? You bet.

If you are truly a scientist, I wonder why you dont believe that there could be other beings, like aliens, which many call UFOs, and possible beings in other planets?

I thought gravity was the reason for that. Thanks for making it clear allah is responsible, she is great indeed.

I went on YouTube to see ur angel on the kaaba and shocked sir, you are a very smart man.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Horrific Pictures Of The Bomb Blast At The Un House In Abuja! / Mrs Fish And Illuminati / Did Jesus Really Descend To Hell After Death According To The Apostles Creed?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.