Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,185 members, 7,818,595 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:29 PM

A History Of God. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A History Of God. (2294 Views)

Ex-muslim Imam Pens Open Letter, Giving Obama A History Lesson About Islam / A History Of God / A History Of Early Christianity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A History Of God. by vedaxcool(m): 8:52am On Jan 11, 2011
thehomer:

Sure I'm ignorant to some extent but the same can be said about virtually any field of knowledge. The difference between us is that I try to educate myself and rely on evidence.

which evidence have you relied on? You and your narator without evidence merged Islam into Judaism and Christianity, then you fool yourself that you prove that the three religions copied each other and your are rational, Rational my foot.

thehomer:

Wow so you do not see the similarities in the reference to 6 time periods?

Wow see how atheist prove things = Coincedence=facts=similarities = copied=LOGICAL THINKINg. Now let me ask you 1 + 1 = ?, I bet if every one were to send the answer to a single mail box, to hommer we all copied each other because we got the same answer. WOW WOW very intelligent way of reasoning. Logics by Conspiracy.

thehomer:

Did you watch the video?

Yes. Did you?

thehomer:

I notice the noise you generate here without actually thinking and considering the evidence before you. e.g, we do know that Judaism and Christianity came up before Islam. Then, consider the shared characters claimed as prophets in Islam e.g Adam, Noah, Abraham, Jacob, David, Moses, Solomon etc. How about the shared mythical angels e.g Gabriel, Michael, Raphael etc.
Try to think about these seeming "coincidences" then come back and repeat your confusion.
A parting thought, banging your head against a wall or floor will not change facts. It will only earn you a concussion.

Mr.Conincedence bring facts not fiction and again your stupid Documentary claimed there was not any monotheist religion before  Judiasm, yet I showed you two "coincidence" of monotheist religion. Like Is said earlier try thinking sensibly for a change, instead of this pseudo "intelligent" statements and pass yourself off as being an atheist that reasons. If you had any common sense the other explanationto similarities bewteen Christianity and Islam and Judaism is because they are from the same primary source - GOD the almighty- but I see your conicidental brain that does not provide any proof but relies on coincidence to prove things, well good luck to poor thinking indeed.
Re: A History Of God. by Akhenaten: 8:53am On Jan 11, 2011
This title of this thread is very misleading. undecided
Re: A History Of God. by Purist(m): 11:44am On Jan 11, 2011
TCD:

Thanks man. pls whats your username on plunder so I can download it? the prob seems to be from that link-shrinking site not being compatible with my browser. thank u

http://www.2shared.com/document/29Cel-VI/A_History_of_God.html
Re: A History Of God. by TCD: 12:25pm On Jan 11, 2011
^^^
Thanks boss. May you be blessed with plentiful wives and children. wink
Re: A History Of God. by thehomer: 3:34pm On Jan 11, 2011
Sweetnecta:

@TheHomer; « #20 on: Today at 10:31:16 PM »apply the 'is more than coincidence can explain' creation and its Creator, a relationship you probably think does not exist or not in fullness of it as people like me proclaim it.

Apply it to what?

Sweetnecta:

Karen's opinion, is just that. Her own opinion, quite different from the reality. Where ever you may be located on earth, there is something or somebody directly opposite you, whose feet or base will be directly pointing to yours. While neither of you fall away from the earth, yet the earth is moving in two intricate ways. The Holder of you in place is not you, not an unknown, but God Almighty Who has made all the forces acting on you and in you to be at equilibrium. Glory to Him.

She also presented reasons for coming to her conclusions. Those I think are the things you need to attack.
So God is holding the entire biosphere to the surface of the earth? You may need to review summaries of Newton's classical works.

Sweetnecta:

It is a myth because you dont believe it. You want to see it am sure. A young child told her classmate once in response to the teacher who said God does not exist because you cant see Him, asking if anyone in the class had seen the brain of the teacher. On Youtube, a clear figure with wings in very brilliant light is recorded at it appears prostrated on the top of the Kaaba. Do Angels and Genie exist? You bet.

Existence of an entity or phenomenon is not only based on the ability of a person to see it. You're free to question the teacher on how he came to such a conclusion. The comparison to that of the teacher's brain to me is not a good way to address this question.

Sweetnecta:

If you are truly a scientist, I wonder why you dont believe that there could be other beings, like aliens, which many call UFOs, and possible beings in other planets?

Are angels extra-terrestrial entities? Can you demonstrate that ETs are angels and that they have been on earth?
Re: A History Of God. by thehomer: 3:39pm On Jan 11, 2011
TCD:

Thank you Mr homer

You're welcome. You could also subscribe to the youtube user to follow some of his videos. He also has a series on his deconversion from Christianity which I think you'll like if you liked the one in the OP.
Re: A History Of God. by thehomer: 4:49pm On Jan 11, 2011
vedaxcool:

which evidence have you relied on? You and your narator without evidence merged Islam into Judaism and Christianity, then you fool yourself that you prove that the three religions copied each other and your are rational, Rational my foot.

The evidence of the copying is quite clear I already gave you a bunch of people and entities that simply cannot be considered coincidence.

vedaxcool:

Wow see how atheist prove things = Coincedence=facts=similarities = copied=LOGICAL THINKINg. Now let me ask you 1 + 1 = ?, I bet if every one were to send the answer to a single mail box, to hommer we all copied each other because we got the same answer. WOW WOW very intelligent way of reasoning. Logics by Conspiracy.

Are you comparing results in mathematics to that obtained in a field like anthropology or comparative religion? You really have your work cut out for you.

vedaxcool:

Yes. Did you?

I did. He was referring to the God of Judaism in particular.

vedaxcool:

Mr.Conincedence bring facts not fiction and again your silly Documentary claimed there was not any monotheist religion before  Judiasm, yet I showed you two "coincidence" of monotheist religion.

See above. The claim was not that there was no monotheism before Judaism but that the God of Judaism became one during a certain period of time.

vedaxcool:

Like Is said earlier try thinking sensibly for a change, instead of this pseudo "intelligent" statements and pass yourself off as being an atheist that reasons. If you had any common sense the other explanationto similarities bewteen Christianity and Islam and Judaism is because they are from the same primary source - GOD the almighty- but I see your conicidental brain that does not provide any proof but relies on coincidence to prove things, well good luck to poor thinking indeed.

So your solution is to say that Judaism, Christianity and Islam share similarities because they come from God is common sense? You make me laugh. grin grin
Which one is more likely and has more evidence supporting it?
That a previously unknown God (if available) suddenly manifested himself to Jews (with the issues raised in the video), then to Christians (looking so different from before that for all intents an purposes is a difference character), then to Muslims (who claim characters from the preceding two religions and simply appends one who says he's the last <how does he know?>wink.
Or, going by what we do know about human culture transmissions through fields of study such as anthropology and comparative religion, and the obvious time-line which can be traced from Judaism to Christianity to Islam, that these religions simply copied themselves down the line.
Re: A History Of God. by Sweetnecta: 9:11pm On Jan 11, 2011
thehomer is weak in thinking and logical argument, except that he is stubborn and hard nosed.

my opinion is based on my letting her know that there is at least UFO under the heavens, and he ignorantly equated it to indicate that am saying that Angel must be a genie/ufo.

i will not respond to him on any of his silly premises, again. youth is almost similar to lack of experience and ability to peel of the onion layers to the truth n this case.
Re: A History Of God. by thehomer: 10:13pm On Jan 11, 2011
Sweetnecta:

thehomer is weak in thinking and logical argument, except that he is stubborn and hard nosed.

Awww I like the ad hominem it really brings out the colour of your eyes.

Sweetnecta:

my opinion is based on my letting her know that there is at least UFO under the heavens, and he ignorantly equated it to indicate that am saying that Angel must be a genie/ufo.

What's the relevance of extraterrestrials in this discussion? Whether they're there or not, we do not know. What we do is that we speculate that they may be out there when we consider the size of the universe. What part do angels and genies play in this?

Sweetnecta:

i will not respond to him on any of his silly premises, again. youth is almost similar to lack of experience and ability to peel of the onion layers to the truth n this case.

You're free to not respond. But your gullibility is a sad thing to witness. You actually wander the earth expecting people to believe your stories of angels and genies. Genies. As in Aladdin and the magic lamp genies. Sheesh.
Re: A History Of God. by vedaxcool(m): 4:07pm On Jan 12, 2011
thehomer:

The evidence of the copying is quite clear I already gave you a bunch of people and entities that simply cannot be considered coincidence.

Heheh, I usually laugh at People like yourself who assume they are too smart tongue to think, Pls NLanders help me ask this man why? why does he believe that the same coincidence explains how the entire Universe came about?  was it a coincidence that the earth occpies the position it stands? ws it by the same coincidence that the sun occupies the same position it revovles? was it the same coincidence that Jupiter stays in a position that allows it by gravitational pull prevents massive boulders(Astroids)to knock the hell out of earth? was it the same coincidence that allowed the right amount of Carbondioxide to be present during the formation of the earth of wich too much would have made the earth extremely hot that live wouldn't have thrive on it and too little would have made it extremely cold as carbondioxide traps heat? Was it the same comincidence that the Qur'an states 21:33. It is He Who created the Night and the Day, and the sun and the moon: all [the celestial bodies] swim along, each in its rounded course, when the knowneldge of orbits only came recently? was it the same conicide that made the Qur'an state that 21:30. Do not the Unbelievers see that the heavens and the earth were joined
together [as one unit of creation], before we clove them asunder? .   .  ., which scientist call the biig band? was it .  .  . Pls you athesit should learn to be honest with your criteria when you use your faaulty logic? to term some things coincidence while other things as being beyound coincidence. Like I said you have refused thinking instead you prefer regurgitating what your gods tongue like karen amstrong, the atheist elders commitee, etc said, again without pondering you rushed to conclude your gods are beyound questioning, that is pathetic cry. If you assert that coincidence cannot not be the explanation for the similarities between Judaism and Islam( which you have point only a bunch of prophet rather than God, whom you claim you are telling his history), then coincidence can never explain why the entire universe is the way it is. But people like you wil quickly conclude that the universe came by coincidence. Hypocrisy in every step!

thehomer:

Are you comparing results in mathematics to that obtained in a field like anthropology or comparative religion? You really have your work cut out for you.

Obviously, you can hardly score an E in Logics.

thehomer:

I did. He was referring to the God of Judaism in particular.

yes I have confirm that, but how will any rational person claim to be telling a "history" of God without recourse to tp Zoroastrianism and even Akhenetan story truly the book is very misleading indeed. On reading part of the book, your god kepyt using the terms likely mean she is only giving a theory, but to u she has given irrefutable proof against God, I had to laug my heart out when I got to the pages she talked of Islam(by the way she has not showed us any evidence how Muhammad copied the bible) she made funny claims against the Prophet Muhammad PBUH saying all his action were done by political consideration but her innate stupidity stopped her from telling you Mugus that the Pagan meccan offered the Prophet Rulership of them for him to recant Islam, yet if he was a political tactician he would have accepted that proposition instead he refusd and suffered many trials. again madam Ignorance said in her book The
death of a god, the quest of the goddess and the triumphant return to the divine sphere were constant religious themes inmany cultures and would recur in the very different religion of the One God worshipped by Jews, Christians and Muslims. . . . pg16, I laugh oh No sensible Muslim has ever uttered such blasphemy of the death of god etc, yet her ability to lump religions togother in other to simplify her lies is very intriging.

Example of how conjecture forms the basis of her evidence are

They may not all have worshipped the same deity: it is possible that the God of Abraham, the 'Fear' or 'Kinsman' of Isaac and the 'Mighty One' of Jacob were three separate gods.pg17

We can go further. It is highly likely [/b]that Abraham's God was El, the High God of Canaan.pg17

The deity introduces himself toAbraham as El Shaddai (El of the Mountain), which was one of El's traditional tidespg 17, El SHaddai literally means almighty

This insistence may preserve the distant echoes of a very
early debate about the identity of the God of Moses. [b]It has been suggested
that Yahweh was originally a warrior god, a god
of volcanoes, a god worshipped in Midian, in what is now Jordan. {17} [size=18pt]We shall never know where the Israelites
discovered Yahweh
[/size], if indeed he really was a completely new deity.

Imagine all the fuss about History, hommer keep folllowing Conjecture while rational people follow facts.

thehomer:

See above. The claim was not that there was no monotheism before Judaism but that the God of Judaism became one during a certain period of time.

see above

thehomer:

So your solution is to say that Judaism, Christianity and Islam share similarities because they come from God is common sense? You make me laugh.  grin grin
Which one is more likely and has more evidence supporting it?

What about their differences? rational my trash can!

What evidence you are relying on rational arguements not any concrete evidence and Like  I said your god amrstrong failed woefully in explaining what the JEws worshipped before YAweh? or were Jews initially misguided atheist your assertion will live many questions with few answers and I have asked you this question yet you who represent your god-amstrong do not have any answer. you shocked with with you low rational shocked. Now you could just ponder a moment, you would ask why did the mesopotemia religion had a head god? Again could the alledged similarities between the god in Judiasm be due to similarities in Language? Going through this list given http://ancienthistory.about.com/library/weekly/aa102197.htm I could hardly find Yaweh or
and like I said Muhammad PBUH could not even read then how could he have copied? no evidence I have come to learn is needed to prove anything by an atheist.
thehomer:

That a previously unknown God (if available) suddenly manifested himself to Jews (with the issues raised in the video), then to Christians (looking so different from before that for all intents an purposes is a difference character), then to Muslims (who claim characters from the preceding two religions and simply appends one who says he's the last <how does he know?>wink.

Ignoramus how can you be sure he was unknown? without showing us what the Jews worship before Yaweh means you have no ground to stand on, as we know that a lot of history is missing and you people can only speculate. Christianity got mixed with roman ideas that is why you have the endless formation of denominations. Like i said you are wholly ignorant of Islam, as you could not even explain how Yaweh tranmitted into ALLAH despite the fact that I gave you a lInk to learn more of Islam, all u have been blabbing is about Prophets, what of God, isn't that what you claim we copied. The Qur'an remains the source of info in Islam, the Qur'an is written in an entirely different method compared to the Bible, again you did not show us the arabic bible Muhammad copied, again merely comparing the Qur'an and the bible, the difference become clear, the bible is written in stroy manner, t=while the qur'an gives answer in very short and precise manner. Again people like you have forgotten that there is a possibility that The Language spoken in Mesopotemia could have some similairties to what the Hebrew wrote.

thehomer:

Or, going by what we do know about human culture transmissions through fields of study such as anthropology and comparative religion, and the obvious time-line which can be traced from Judaism to Christianity to Islam, that these religions simply copied themselves down the line.

hush, bring evidence that point out this copying theory, Christianity was brought by a jew whom kept emphasizing that he did not come to abolish the Law. As for Islam until when you and your god can bring solid evidence then you would betaken seriously, comparing Islam to Christainity is like Comparing Hard and weak, the difference in their conceptionsof God and a lot of doctrines is very much an evidence against you weak speck of "evidence". Non evidence have you brought to show how the trinity Became ALLAH. Yet you are suppose to be rational.
Re: A History Of God. by thehomer: 7:49pm On Jan 12, 2011
vedaxcool:

Heheh, I usually laugh at People like yourself who assume they are too smart tongue to think, Pls NLanders help me ask this man why? why does he believe that the same coincidence explains how the entire Universe came about?  was it a coincidence that the earth occpies the position it stands? ws it by the same coincidence that the sun occupies the same position it revovles? was it the same coincidence that Jupiter stays in a position that allows it by gravitational pull prevents massive boulders(Astroids)to knock the hell out of earth? was it the same coincidence that allowed the right amount of Carbondioxide to be present during the formation of the earth of wich too much would have made the earth extremely hot that live wouldn't have thrive on it and too little would have made it extremely cold as carbondioxide traps heat? Was it the same comincidence that the Qur'an states 21:33. It is He Who created the Night and the Day, and the sun and the moon: all [the celestial bodies] swim along, each in its rounded course, when the knowneldge of orbits only came recently? was it the same conicide that made the Qur'an state that 21:30. Do not the Unbelievers see that the heavens and the earth were joined
together [as one unit of creation], before we clove them asunder? .   .  ., which scientist call the biig band? was it .  .  . Pls you athesit should learn to be honest with your criteria when you use your faaulty logic? to term some things coincidence while other things as being beyound coincidence.

There's no need to ramble so much about what we do know about the solar system. Do you think it is a coincidence that Judaism, Christianity and Islam share so many characters?

vedaxcool:

Like I said you have refused thinking instead you prefer regurgitating what your gods tongue like karen amstrong, the atheist elders commitee, etc said, again without pondering you rushed to conclude your gods are beyound questioning, that is pathetic cry. If you assert that coincidence cannot not be the explanation for the similarities between Judaism and Islam( which you have point only a bunch of prophet rather than God, whom you claim you are telling his history), then coincidence can never explain why the entire universe is the way it is. But people like you wil quickly conclude that the universe came by coincidence. Hypocrisy in every step!

So according to you, Karen Armstrong is my God? How did you come by this? Or are you simply loosely associating any words that strike your fancy?
Again you're making an absurd comparison when we consider what we do know about how cultures and religions evolve.

vedaxcool:

Obviously, you can hardly score an E in Logics.

Did you understand my reply?

vedaxcool:

yes I have confirm that, but how will any rational person claim to be telling a "history" of God without recourse to tp Zoroastrianism and even Akhenetan story truly the book is very misleading indeed. On reading part of the book, your god kepyt using the terms likely mean she is only giving a theory, but to u she has given irrefutable proof against God, I had to laug my heart out when I got to the pages she talked of Islam(by the way she has not showed us any evidence how Muhammad copied the bible) she made funny claims against the Prophet Muhammad PBUH saying all his action were done by political consideration but her innate stupidity stopped her from telling you Mugus that the Pagan meccan offered the Prophet Rulership of them for him to recant Islam, yet if he was a political tactician he would have accepted that proposition instead he refusd and suffered many trials. again madam Ignorance said in her book The
death of a god, the quest of the goddess and the triumphant return to the divine sphere were constant religious themes inmany cultures and would recur in the very different religion of the One God worshipped by Jews, Christians and Muslims. . . . pg16, I laugh oh No sensible Muslim has ever uttered such blasphemy of the death of god etc, yet her ability to lump religions togother in other to simplify her lies is very intriging.

You need to learn to read and understand before you post. The creator of the video was referring to a particular God (that of Judaism, Christianity and Islam) there is no need to also go into all Gods that have ever been invented by humans. So, your reference to Zoroastrianism etc is irrelevant.
I understand that religious types such as yourself think that you already have all the answers. This is one of the signs of deep ignorance with refusal to learn.

vedaxcool:

Example of how conjecture forms the basis of her evidence are

They may not all have worshipped the same deity: it is possible that the God of Abraham, the 'Fear' or 'Kinsman' of Isaac and the 'Mighty One' of Jacob were three separate gods.pg17
We can go further. It is highly likely [/b]that Abraham's God was El, the High God of Canaan.pg17
The deity introduces himself toAbraham as El Shaddai (El of the Mountain), which was one of El's traditional tidespg 17, El SHaddai literally means almighty

early debate about the identity of the God of Moses. [b]It has been suggested
that Yahweh was originally a warrior god, a god
of volcanoes, a god worshipped in Midian, in what is now Jordan. {17} [size=18pt]We shall never know where the Israelites
discovered Yahweh
[/size], if indeed he really was a completely new deity.
Imagine all the fuss about History, hommer keep folllowing Conjecture while rational people follow facts.

Did you look at the thought process that lead to such conclusions?

vedaxcool:

see above

What about their differences? rational my trash can!

What evidence you are relying on rational arguements not any concrete evidence and Like  I said your god amrstrong failed woefully in explaining what the JEws worshipped before YAweh? or were Jews initially misguided atheist your assertion will live many questions with few answers and I have asked you this question yet you who represent your god-amstrong do not have any answer. you shocked with with you low rational shocked. Now you could just ponder a moment, you would ask why did the mesopotemia religion had a head god? Again could the alledged similarities between the god in Judiasm be due to similarities in Language? Going through this list given http://ancienthistory.about.com/library/weekly/aa102197.htm I could hardly find Yaweh or
and like I said Muhammad PBUH could not even read then how could he have copied? no evidence I have come to learn is needed to prove anything by an atheist.

Have you ever heard of oral traditions and folklore? What on earth are you rambling on about?
Did you miss the reference in the video to the relevant Gods on the list you referred me to?

vedaxcool:

Ignoramus how can you be sure he was unknown? without showing us what the Jews worship before Yaweh means you have no ground to stand on, as we know that a lot of history is missing and you people can only speculate. Christianity got mixed with roman ideas that is why you have the endless formation of denominations. Like i said you are wholly ignorant of Islam, as you could not even explain how Yaweh tranmitted into ALLAH despite the fact that I gave you a lInk to learn more of Islam, all u have been blabbing is about Prophets, what of God, isn't that what you claim we copied. The Qur'an remains the source of info in Islam, the Qur'an is written in an entirely different method compared to the Bible, again you did not show us the arabic bible Muhammad copied, again merely comparing the Qur'an and the bible, the difference become clear, the bible is written in stroy manner, t=while the qur'an gives answer in very short and precise manner. Again people like you have forgotten that there is a possibility that The Language spoken in Mesopotemia could have some similairties to what the Hebrew wrote.

Go back and watch the video again to find out about the onset of the Jewish God from which Islam derived their own God.
It is a fact that the important figures in the Koran were initially from Judaism, then Christianity and finally Islam. Your rambling is simply an attempt at obfuscation which will not work because, Judaism is older than Christianity which is older than Islam yet they share important characters. You think about how this happened and how likely your conclusion is.

vedaxcool:

hush, bring evidence that point out this copying theory, Christianity was brought by a jew whom kept emphasizing that he did not come to abolish the Law. As for Islam until when you and your god can bring solid evidence then you would betaken seriously, comparing Islam to Christainity is like Comparing Hard and weak, the difference in their conceptionsof God and a lot of doctrines is very much an evidence against you weak speck of "evidence". Non evidence have you brought to show how the trinity Became ALLAH. Yet you are suppose to be rational.

Some of the evidence is in the pages of your Koran. Read it then think about the ages of the religions involved, the first appearance of these characters both mythical and otherwise, then think about how an illiterate prophet was able to know about these characters while also referring to the religions that came before his invented religion.
Re: A History Of God. by vedaxcool(m): 9:40am On Jan 13, 2011
thehomer:

There's no need to ramble so much about what we do know about the solar system. Do you think it is a coincidence that Judaism, Christianity and Islam share so many characters?

Ramble is what atheism is about, It very interesting that you could not even answer a single question of what I asked, keep deluding yourself that you are rational. As for your question you will get no answer until you can explain why/how coincidence brought the perfect Universe of ours. Like I have long said that You atheist in NL are atheist by  desperation not of logic, you have only prove what I have asserted long, in the thread which I asked Between agnostics and atheist who is more rational, all yyour atheist buddies could not answer a simple question, Yet they came intelligence. Intelligence indeed.

thehomer:

So according to you, Karen Armstrong is my God? How did you come by this? Or are you simply loosely associating any words that strike your fancy?
Again you're making an absurd comparison when we consider what we do know about how cultures and religions evolve.

she is your god because you accepyt all she says without question in fact God is the only Being I follow without questions asked. Point out the absiurd claim let us see. If you answer questions like these I am wasting my time with you, always making allegation without proof.

thehomer:

Did you understand my reply?

Yes, did you undrstand mine?

thehomer:

You need to learn to read and understand before you post. The creator of the video was referring to a particular God (that of Judaism, Christianity and Islam) there is no need to also go into all Gods that have ever been invented by humans. So, your reference to Zoroastrianism etc is irrelevant.
I understand that religious types such as yourself think that you already have all the answers. This is one of the signs of deep ignorance with refusal to learn.

Then you and your Narator + your god are just Daft imbec!les, who prefers to make bogus claims without proof, How wil,l any sensible person claim that he is telling a History of God, yet left out very important religions that should explain monotheism. I never claim I have all the answers but I have sufficient answer to prove that you are just a simpleton whose mind has been ensalve and who finds it easy to believe in things without proof. You despite my encouragement  to think,u prefer following a god that only give answers in maybes, probably, we shall never know .   .   .

thehomer:

Did you look at the thought process that lead to such conclusions?

Nonsense thought maybe the earth is flat, maybe the sun is flat maybe the moon is flat, I conclude the earth is flat. Wonderful think process, Your insane god kept asserting she could read peoples mind, again when she state an event, then state that the person did this because he was thinking .   .   ., I never knew Atheist were mind readers, especialy of the dead.

thehomer:

Have you ever heard of oral traditions and folklore? What on earth are you rambling on about?
Did you miss the reference in the video to the relevant Gods on the list you referred me to?

have u heard of common sense? I ask you pls help us ask your god what the Jews worshipped before Yaweh  and why did they only copy gods instead of religious practice more question no sensible atheist answers, again  like I said have you considered the possibility that there might be similarities between Languages? I laugh in Mesopotemia.

thehomer:

Go back and watch the video again to find out about the onset of the Jewish God from which Islam derived their own God.
It is a fact that the important figures in the Koran were initially from Judaism, then Christianity and finally Islam. Your rambling is simply an attempt at obfuscation which will not work because, Judaism is older than Christianity which is older than Islam yet they share important characters. You think about how this happened and how likely your conclusion is.

first you and your Ignorant god,Again you failed to show how Yaweh became ALLAH, Islam never derived God from Judiasm as any comparison between Judaistic God and the Islamic one will leave you disgrace, both in conception and Behavior, again your Ignorant God failed woefully to tell you that Pre - Islamic arabs worshiped several diety and ALLAH was the chief diety,  in fact the Islam restored the sole divinity of ALLAH more info http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allah, bi=ut your pathetic god failed to take into cognisance this reliaty, You said 'It is a fact that the important figures in the Koran were initially from Judaism, then Christianity and finally Islam,' unless you show us a chronogical order of how this happened in the Qur'an, THen you are just exposing your simpleton mind to the NL, as any sensible person will tell you the Qur'an does not revovle around people instead it revovles around ALLAH and even the worst translation will indiate to you it is a formof preaching, I asked again that the mere fact that the style that the Qur'an is written differs in every way from the bible.

thehomer:

Some of the evidence is in the pages of your Koran. Read it then think about the ages of the religions involved, the first appearance of these characters both mythical and otherwise, then think about how an illiterate prophet was able to know about these characters while also referring to the religions that came before his invented religion.

Pls I am not a maybe person, if you have facts that point to that Muhammad PBUH knew how to read then your arguement would have some solid facts, as in any sensible court your case wil be thrown out as Muhammad PBUH clearly said that ALLAH revealed the Qur'an to him, hence the burden of proof falls on u to prove him wrong.

Court:
Hommer: Your honor, Mr. K copied from mr. H.
Judge : How do u know that?
Hommer: They wrote similar things.
Judge: so?
Hommer: They copied
Judge: Did any body see them copy?
Hommer: No
Judge: Do you have any other evidence?
Hommer: Timeline your honor?
Judge: Hmm, can you explain
Hommer: You see Mr. H entered the room first then mr. H followed, hence the sequence of copying occured.
Judge(visibly irritated): Ok, what if  what you say is true, have you checked the style they wrote in are they similar? Aren't they supposed to be writing the same  exam?
Hommer: Yes, they wrote differently to decieve us that they were not copying, DUh
Judge(Bust out in a fit of laughter): Yes, that sounds credible, but do you know between Mr.k and Mr. H, there were mr. I, Mr. l o p q r s, t, why did mr. K go and copy directly from Mr.K?
Hommer(Covulsing): I said they copied they copied timeline  says it all they copied they copied final.
Judge:Case dismissed, we canno trial people on conjecture thankyou.
hommer: I said they copied they copied timeline says it all.
Judge: shakes head.
Re: A History Of God. by thehomer: 7:05pm On Jan 13, 2011
vedaxcool:

Ramble is what atheism is about, It very interesting that you could not even answer a single question of what I asked, keep deluding yourself that you are rational. As for your question you will get no answer until you can explain why/how coincidence brought the perfect Universe of ours. Like I have long said that You atheist in NL are atheist by  desperation not of logic, you have only prove what I have asserted long, in the thread which I asked Between agnostics and atheist who is more rational, all yyour atheist buddies could not answer a simple question, Yet they came intelligence. Intelligence indeed.

So you refuse to answer whether your religion was a coincidence or if it was a deliberate copying from Christianity and Judaism. I'll answer it for you. It was no coincidence. It was simply copying from other dominant religions in the region.

vedaxcool:

she is your god because you accepyt all she says without question in fact God is the only Being I follow without questions asked. Point out the absiurd claim let us see. If you answer questions like these I am wasting my time with you, always making allegation without proof.

I accept what she says without question?
So also is Mohammed your God. Not just him, so also angel Gabriel and other mythical entities.

vedaxcool:

Yes, did you undrstand mine?

Your response made no sense.

vedaxcool:

Then you and your Narator + your god are just Daft imbec!les, who prefers to make bogus claims without proof, How wil,l any sensible person claim that he is telling a History of God, yet left out very important religions that should explain monotheism. I never claim I have all the answers but I have sufficient answer to prove that you are just a simpleton whose mind has been ensalve and who finds it easy to believe in things without proof. You despite my encouragement  to think,u prefer following a god that only give answers in maybes, probably, we shall never know .   .   .

You're dumber than a post. So you think that if someone decides to limit a discussion to the Judaic, Christian and Islamic God, the person must also include Roman Gods, Aztec Gods and all Gods ever created by humans? Are you on some medication?

vedaxcool:

Nonsense thought maybe the earth is flat, maybe the sun is flat maybe the moon is flat, I conclude the earth is flat. Wonderful think process, Your insane god kept asserting she could read peoples mind, again when she state an event, then state that the person did this because he was thinking .   .   ., I never knew Atheist were mind readers, especialy of the dead.

What is this?? You need to learn how to think and reason.

vedaxcool:

have u heard of common sense? I ask you pls help us ask your god what the Jews worshipped before Yaweh  and why did they only copy gods instead of religious practice more question no sensible atheist answers, again  like I said have you considered the possibility that there might be similarities between Languages? I laugh in Mesopotemia.

Maybe I'll pardon your ignorance here because there were several occasions where the Israelites did worship other Gods. It is in the Bible.

vedaxcool:

first you and your Ignorant god,Again you failed to show how Yaweh became ALLAH, Islam never derived God from Judiasm as any comparison between Judaistic God and the Islamic one will leave you disgrace, both in conception and Behavior, again your Ignorant God failed woefully to tell you that Pre - Islamic arabs worshiped several diety and ALLAH was the chief diety,  in fact the Islam restored the sole divinity of ALLAH more info http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allah, bi=ut your pathetic god failed to take into cognisance this reliaty, You said 'It is a fact that the important figures in the Koran were initially from Judaism, then Christianity and finally Islam,' unless you show us a chronogical order of how this happened in the Qur'an, THen you are just exposing your simpleton mind to the NL, as any sensible person will tell you the Qur'an does not revovle around people instead it revovles around ALLAH and even the worst translation will indiate to you it is a formof preaching, I asked again that the mere fact that the style that the Qur'an is written differs in every way from the bible.

You simply wish to ignore the evidence before you. And learn how to read while you're at it. The Israelites said Yahweh was the only God hence their monotheism. Did you read your reference to wikipedia? I hope you're not as illiterate as Mohammed. Read the first two paragraphs and answer what yourself.

vedaxcool:

Pls I am not a maybe person, if you have facts that point to that Muhammad PBUH knew how to read then your arguement would have some solid facts, as in any sensible court your case wil be thrown out as Muhammad PBUH clearly said that ALLAH revealed the Qur'an to him, hence the burden of proof falls on u to prove him wrong.

I never said Mohammed knew how to read. One does not need to know how to read to recite poems in their oral traditions. Please learn to think.
You do not seem to understand the concept of burden of proof. Please look it up and avoid displaying such ignorance when resources are available.

vedaxcool:

Court:
Hommer: Your honor, Mr. K copied from mr. H.
Judge : How do u know that?
Hommer: They wrote similar things.
Judge: so?
Hommer: They copied
Judge: Did any body see them copy?
Hommer: No
Judge: Do you have any other evidence?
Hommer: Timeline your honor?
Judge: Hmm, can you explain
Hommer: You see Mr. H entered the room first then mr. H followed, hence the sequence of copying occured.
Judge(visibly irritated): Ok, what if  what you say is true, have you checked the style they wrote in are they similar? Aren't they supposed to be writing the same  exam?
Hommer: Yes, they wrote differently to decieve us that they were not copying, DUh
Judge(Bust out in a fit of laughter): Yes, that sounds credible, but do you know between Mr.k and Mr. H, there were mr. I, Mr. l o p q r s, t, why did mr. K go and copy directly from Mr.K?
Hommer(Covulsing): I said they copied they copied timeline  says it all they copied they copied final.
Judge:Case dismissed, we canno trial people on conjecture thankyou.
hommer: I said they copied they copied timeline says it all.
Judge: shakes head.

What on earth is this?
Re: A History Of God. by vedaxcool(m): 8:42am On Jan 14, 2011
thehomer:

So you refuse to answer whether your religion was a coincidence or if it was a deliberate copying from Christianity and Judaism. I'll answer it for you. It was no coincidence. It was simply copying from other dominant religions in the region.

Truly you sound quite like an illiterate, as the Paganism was the dorminant religion in Mecca. Indeed you do not think.

thehomer:

It is good you assert that you cannot reason for yourself, instead you call your self an atheist in order for people to call u intelligent,

thehomer:

Your response made no sense.

It did but because you no longer use your brain, it became beyound you to understand did you say:
thehomer:

thehomer:

You're dumber than a post. So you think that if someone decides to limit a discussion to the Judaic, Christian and Islamic God, the person must also include Roman Gods, Aztec Gods and all Gods ever created by humans? Are you on some medication?

ans :
thehomer:

What is this??   
thehomer:
You need to learn how to think and reason.

ans:
thehomer:

thehomer:
Maybe I'll pardon your ignorance here because there were several occasions where the Israelites did worship other Gods. It is in the Bible.

Ignorance is actually your middle name, as the simple question is what did the JEws worship before Yaweh. Simple

thehomer:

You simply wish to ignore the evidence before you. And learn how to read while you're at it. The Israelites said Yahweh was the only God hence their monotheism. Did you read your reference to wikipedia? I hope you're not as illiterate as Mohammed. Read the first two paragraphs and answer what yourself.

The Arab took ALLAH to be the sole diety and associated partners with him it is written for you to see:
Pre-Islamic pagan Arabs believed in a blind, powerful, inexorable and insensible fate over which man had no control. This was replaced with the Islamic notion of a powerful but provident and merciful God.[27]

Allah was not considered the sole divinity; however, Allah was considered the creator of the world and the giver of rain. The notion of the term may have been vague in the Meccan religion.[4] Allah was associated with companions, whom pre-Islamic Arabs considered as subordinate deities. Meccans held that a kind of kinship existed between Allah and the jinn.[15] Allah was thought to have had sons[16] and that the local deities of al-ʻUzzá, Manāt and al-Lāt were His daughters.[17] The Meccans possibly associated angels with Allah.[18][19] Allah was invoked in times of distress.[19][20] Muhammad's father's name was ‘Abdallāh meaning the “servant of Allāh.” or "the slave of Allāh"[19]

But again did you say
thehomer:

I never said Mohammed knew how to read. One does not need to know how to read to recite poems in their oral traditions. Please learn to think.
You do not seem to understand the concept of burden of proof. Please look it up and avoid displaying such ignorance when resources are available.

so the dullard in you tells you the arab took the oral traditions of the Jews and spent time talking about it, instead of their own history? again did u say

thehomer:

thehomer:
What on earth is this? 

A description of how poor you arguement.
Re: A History Of God. by thehomer: 3:07pm On Jan 14, 2011
vedaxcool:

Truly you sound quite like an illiterate, as the Paganism was the dorminant religion in Mecca. Indeed you do not think.

Why does Islam share so many characters found in Judaism and Christianity though we know it came later?

vedaxcool:

It is good you assert that you cannot reason for yourself, instead you call your self an atheist in order for people to call u intelligent,

That was an assertion? Have you heard of the concept of punctuation marks? Did you notice that the sentence ended with a question mark?
i.e this sign ?

vedaxcool:

It did but because you no longer use your brain, it became beyound you to understand did you say:
ans :
What is this??   
ans:

It seems you do not recognize rubbish analogies when you make them.

vedaxcool:

Ignorance is actually your middle name, as the simple question is what did the JEws worship before Yaweh. Simple

Go sit and watch the video again.

vedaxcool:

The Arab took ALLAH to be the sole diety and associated partners with him it is written for you to see:
Pre-Islamic pagan Arabs believed in a blind, powerful, inexorable and insensible fate over which man had no control. This was replaced with the Islamic notion of a powerful but provident and merciful God.[27]

Allah was not considered the sole divinity; however, Allah was considered the creator of the world and the giver of rain. The notion of the term may have been vague in the Meccan religion.[4] Allah was associated with companions, whom pre-Islamic Arabs considered as subordinate deities. Meccans held that a kind of kinship existed between Allah and the jinn.[15] Allah was thought to have had sons[16] and that the local deities of al-ʻUzzá, Manāt and al-Lāt were His daughters.[17] The Meccans possibly associated angels with Allah.[18][19] Allah was invoked in times of distress.[19][20] Muhammad's father's name was ‘Abdallāh meaning the “servant of Allāh.” or "the slave of Allāh"[19]

Why does Islam borrow characters both mythical and otherwise?

vedaxcool:

But again did you say

so the dullard in you tells you the arab took the oral traditions of the Jews and spent time talking about it, instead of their own history? again did u say

Your confusion runs deep indeed. Who says they had to take the oral traditions of the Jews? Did you know that cultures are influenced by surrounding cultures? I refuse to believe that one can be this ignorant and confused when simple ideas are presented.

vedaxcool:

A description of how poor you arguement.

That's so absurd.
Re: A History Of God. by vedaxcool(m): 6:16pm On Jan 15, 2011
thehomer:

Why does Islam share so many characters found in Judaism and Christianity though we know it came later?

Yawns.

thehomer:

That was an assertion? Have you heard of the concept of punctuation marks? Did you notice that the sentence ended with a question mark?
i.e this sign ?

It clearly sums up of identity.

thehomer:

It seems you do not recognize rubbish analogies when you make them.

Yawns. why do I keeep yawning?
thehomer:

Go sit and watch the video again.

Yawns again, truly you cannot hardly think.
thehomer:

Why does Islam borrow characters both mythical and otherwise?

Yawns? I have given ou an answer since, and even your god karen amstrong indicated that the period when Muhammad was in mecca he was not influenced by Judaism/Christianity. But the Ignorance in you, which finds it more plausible to say the entire universe came by coincidence but asserts that when religions have similaities it can never be a coincidence(mind I do not think it is a coincidence), have left you with little understanding of what you read.

thehomer:

Your confusion runs deep indeed. Who says they had to take the oral traditions of the Jews? Did you know that cultures are influenced by surrounding cultures? I refuse to believe that one can be this ignorant and confused when simple ideas are presented.
 Yawns I doubt whether you read the book tat your narrator used for his presentation. Hmm, after all you can hardly take time out to think can we blame you? Keep repeating your self I am enjoying it, makes me remember my broken CD player.

That's so absurd.

Actually you are absurd, since you can believe evidence based on probability, did my brother sweetnecta say:
Sweetnecta:

thehomer is [size=18pt]weak in thinking and logical argument, except that he is stubborn and hard nosed.[/size]

Re: A History Of God. by thehomer: 9:23pm On Jan 15, 2011
vedaxcool:

Yawns.

It clearly sums up of identity.

Yawns. why do I keeep yawning?
Yawns again, truly you cannot hardly think.
Yawns? I have given ou an answer since, and even your god karen amstrong indicated that the period when Muhammad was in mecca he was not influenced by Judaism/Christianity. But the Ignorance in you, which finds it more plausible to say the entire universe came by coincidence but asserts that when religions have similaities it can never be a coincidence(mind I do not think it is a coincidence), have left you with little understanding of what you read.
 Yawns I doubt whether you read the book tat your narrator used for his presentation. Hmm, after all you can hardly take time out to think can we blame you? Keep repeating your self I am enjoying it, makes me remember my broken CD player.

That's so absurd.

Actually you are absurd, since you can believe evidence based on probability, did my brother sweetnecta say:

Since you're unable to think clearly, I'm done with you.
Re: A History Of God. by vedaxcool(m): 10:59am On Jan 18, 2011
Lets take a stock of the truths we know of the evidence presented by the thread sponsor Plus his allies:

1.The Inability of the OP plus his allies to explain what the Jews worshipped before Yaweh.

2. The reliance on Conjecture usch as those give below:
We can go further. It is highly likely that Abraham's God was El, the High God of Canaan.pg17
The deity introduces himself toAbraham as El Shaddai (El of the Mountain), which was one of El's traditional tidespg 17, [size=18pt]El SHaddai literally means almighty
[/size]
early debate about the identity of the God of Moses. It has been suggested that Yahweh was originally a warrior god, a god
of volcanoes, a god worshipped in Midian, in what is now Jordan. {17} [size=20pt]We shall never know where the Israelites
discovered Yahweh, if indeed he really was a completely new deity.
[/size]

3.The Inability of the OP to explain how Yaweh transmuted into ALLAH, instead again began making timeline excuse.

4. The Failure of the OP to accept that ALLAH was regarded long before Islam as being the Sole divinity and that the arabs had simply associated partners with HIM.

5. The OP and his god Karen showed great Ignorance of Islam and even in some cases falsified information.

6. The Copying Theory which OP asserted was to explain the similarities between Islam, Judaism and Christianity, Yet the OP again never mentioned the Radical difference between the religion.

7. The OP showed poor Logics in that he finds' it Plausible to explain away his existence and the following events Heheh, I usually laugh at People like yourself who assume they are too smart Huh Huh Tongue to think, Pls NLanders help me ask this man why? why does he believe that the same coincidence explains how the entire Universe came about? was it a coincidence that the earth occpies the position it stands? ws it by the same coincidence that the sun occupies the same position it revovles? was it the same coincidence that Jupiter stays in a position that allows it by gravitational pull prevents massive boulders(Astroids)to knock the hell out of earth? was it the same coincidence that allowed the right amount of Carbondioxide to be present during the formation of the earth of wich too much would have made the earth extremely hot that live wouldn't have thrive on it and too little would have made it extremely cold as carbondioxide traps heat? Was it the same comincidence that the Qur'an states 21:33. It is He Who created the Night and the Day, and the sun and the moon: all [the celestial bodies] swim along, each in its rounded course, when the knowneldge of orbits only came recently? was it the same conicide that made the Qur'an state that 21:30. Do not the Unbelievers see that the heavens and the earth were joined
together [as one unit of creation], before we clove them asunder? . . ., which scientist call the biig band? was it . . . Pls you athesit should learn to be honest with your criteria when you use your faaulty logic?Huh to term some things coincidence while other things as being beyound coincidence. but yet finds it very impossible for it to be a coincidence to explain similarities between Religions.

8. The author appeared to accept every conjecture that his god Karen presents but refuses to scrutinize them leaving him more of a regurgitator than a thinker.

9. The author failed to reliase that his god Karen asserted that: the period when Muhammad was in mecca he was not influenced by Judaism/Christianity, that initial period Muhammad PBUH had already started discussing the onesness of ALLAH, hence the claim that Muhammad had modelled ALLAH after Yaweh of the Jews is very Idiotic and betrays reason.

10.Karen Amstrong- hommers' god - pretended to be able to read people's minds, even when their action does not suggest her reading.

so many more, but I say in any sensible discuss, Conjectures are not the basis of Evidence. Q.E.D
Re: A History Of God. by UyiIredia(m): 2:29pm On Jan 18, 2011
vedaxcool >>> please ! >>> cool it !  >>> Remember this saying

[center]

[/center]
Re: A History Of God. by vedaxcool(m): 4:42pm On Jan 18, 2011
^^
Man I am very much cool, I do not know why you claim I am angry, as I went through my Post again, I could not find any thing that will point towards me being angry, all the same That PIX look more like a horror flick than an Illustration of the saying below it. wink
Re: A History Of God. by UyiIredia(m): 4:46pm On Jan 18, 2011
but u and thehomer are kinda quarreling >>> u are exchanging harsh words with him
Re: A History Of God. by vedaxcool(m): 5:00pm On Jan 18, 2011
I am not quarelling with him parsay, The use of "hash" words are more or else my observation to the kinda response he give.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tennessee Judge Orders Baby's Name Changed From 'messiah' / The Prodigal Son - Jack Kelley / It Is Time For Every Discerning Christian To Flee Nigeria If The Money Is There

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 216
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.