Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,818 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:43 AM

Biafra: The Nigerian Civil War In Pictures (Warning Disturbing Images) - Crime (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Biafra: The Nigerian Civil War In Pictures (Warning Disturbing Images) (309740 Views)

Picture Of Would Be Boko Haram Suicide Bomber (warning Disturbing Image) / Face Of The Kaduna Suicide Bomber....warning Disturbing Graphic Material / Father Accused Me Of Witchcraft, Bathed Me With Acid (WARNING:disturbing Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Biafra: The Nigerian Civil War In Pictures (Warning Disturbing Images) by Tejiriseth(m): 3:15pm On Nov 01, 2017
na Wa Oh . But Igbo People have Bounced back shaaa
Re: Biafra: The Nigerian Civil War In Pictures (Warning Disturbing Images) by God2man(m): 4:17pm On Nov 01, 2017
So sad, man inhumanity to man
Re: Biafra: The Nigerian Civil War In Pictures (Warning Disturbing Images) by God2man(m): 8:38am On Nov 02, 2017
Farmerforlife:
OP, it would have been better if you had stuck to your vaunted neutrality when posting these pictures, by not making incendiary comments. These pictures are a valuable glimpse into a past that should not have been allowed to occur.

It is sad that egoistic men have to go to war. I hope everyone learns a good lesson from this, and not the inciting lesson op seems to want to impose on his audience. Lives are valuable, no matter where the colour of their external skin, their professed beliefs, or the accident of their ancestors' geographical birth. While we see pictures of the dead and dying, soldiers and civilians, adults and children, the only common characteristic they all seemed to possess was that they were all poor, and all powerless to start or prevent this war. Those who started the events leading to the suffering of all these people lived on to a happy old age, surrounded by their well-fed children and grandchildren in huge mansions, receiving pensions and accolades from the national wealth of those whom they caused to suffer, and being praised as heroes by the children of the dead victims. When we are encouraged by such people to fight so as to satisfy their ego and their thirst for power, we should remember that it is our children that will die, not theirs. Does anyone know how many of Ojukwu's or Gowon's children died during the war? My guess is zero.

God bless you for this post.
Re: Biafra: The Nigerian Civil War In Pictures (Warning Disturbing Images) by kettykin: 8:45pm On Dec 30, 2018
Akhenaten:
Starving Children Of Biafra

who ever deliberately starved innocent children to death , may be it never be well with such , be it an individual , nation , military or group , may they know starvation , war, violence , ritual fields , millitancy all their crule years on earth

1 Like

Re: Biafra: The Nigerian Civil War In Pictures (Warning Disturbing Images) by elmodee7(m): 2:57am On Apr 02, 2019
Madzi nnamdi cownu was not born and didnt witness the carnage the war brought. foools. Ojukwu lead millions to their death b4 cowardly absconding with his family like a mad dog. cownu did the same by absconding while the python came to dance. IPOB ( the idiotic pig of biafia) criminal terrorists group headed by the slowpoke occultist madizi cownu will only lead gullible fools to their death's. brainwashed gullible jobless Igbos with no brains.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Biafra: The Nigerian Civil War In Pictures (Warning Disturbing Images) by CanadaOrBust: 1:23am On Apr 03, 2019
elmodee7:
Madzi nnamdi cownu was not born and didnt witness the carnage the war brought. foools. Ojukwu lead millions to their death b4 cowardly absconding with his family like a mad dog. cownu did the same by absconding while the python came to dance. IPOB ( the idiotic pig of biafia) criminal terrorists group headed by the slowpoke occultist madizi cownu will only lead gullible fools to their death's. brainwashed gullible jobless Igbos with no brains.

The truth is that nobody can lead Igbos into anything. Yorubas are very "follow the leader", which is not necessarilly a bad thing. Igbos on the other hand are quite individualistic. Even Ojukwu said "these people are very hard to lead". Notice he said "these people" - because he was not really one of them. If u know Ojukwu's bio and which languages he spoke well u would realise he was not trully an Igbo man.
Re: Biafra: The Nigerian Civil War In Pictures (Warning Disturbing Images) by Jagaban880: 10:39pm On Jul 21, 2019
Chaiiiii so many Deaths, suffering and pain yet ..the struggle Was not actualized. angry

last last the deaths,suffering all in vain
angry
Re: Biafra: The Nigerian Civil War In Pictures (Warning Disturbing Images) by Jagaban880: 10:52pm On Jul 21, 2019
Jakumo:

The aftermath of the famous Uzuakoli Ambush, where a federal convoy was annihilated by Biafran troops.

Abagana ambush....deadliest ambush recorded in de Civil War led by the gifted Hannibal himself ...

angry
Re: Biafra: The Nigerian Civil War In Pictures (Warning Disturbing Images) by Jagaban880: 11:00pm On Jul 21, 2019
Akhenaten:
More Pictures

ha My eyes oo angry

quite disheartening angry
Re: Biafra: The Nigerian Civil War In Pictures (Warning Disturbing Images) by Jagaban880: 11:07pm On Jul 21, 2019
People War is indeed Bad Sha ..................... embarassed angry
Re: Biafra: The Nigerian Civil War In Pictures (Warning Disturbing Images) by somtookeke(m): 4:34am On Dec 23, 2019
*WATCH: JANUARY 15, 1970 (Untold Memories of the Nigeria-Biafra War)*

https://speakersden2..com/2019/12/watch-january-15-1970-untold-memories.html

Re: Biafra: The Nigerian Civil War In Pictures (Warning Disturbing Images) by Unazi71: 6:24am On Dec 23, 2019
With all that happened then ,some haven't learned anything from mistakes of the past. Nnamdi kanu and co pls don't waste innocent souls again. We don't want civil war again. By contesting for the position of the president of the Federal Republic of Nigeria after the civil war , ojukwu, the founder of biafra killed and buried biafra. Biafra is long dead and no individual self-centered ambition can revive a holistic approach to biafra agitation.
Re: Biafra: The Nigerian Civil War In Pictures (Warning Disturbing Images) by Essential(m): 8:57am On Dec 23, 2019
I hope with these pictures the stupid people calling for Biafra will learn from their fathers mistake.

2 Likes

Re: Biafra: The Nigerian Civil War In Pictures (Warning Disturbing Images) by Chemist009(m): 10:45am On Dec 23, 2019
I see those gory pictures and I weep .... So is this the Nigeria that they wanted to keep united that made them waste millions of lives? Our country is all but gone,... And whoever wasted millions of innocent lives so that the Nigeria we know today will come to fruition, it shall never be well with them ........ Posterity will never forget those wicked souls that perished millions for selfish interest. Though am not Biafra and can never align with them, but the innocent blood of biafrans shed will haunt their greedy killers forever. So I pray. Amen

1 Like

Re: Biafra: The Nigerian Civil War In Pictures (Warning Disturbing Images) by OROSUNBOLB(m): 6:23pm On Dec 23, 2019
Akhenaten:

First of all, as the thread creator, I am not trying to glorify anything, I am simply posting pictures of the civil war, which is part of Nigerian history. Why are you afraid of looking at history? That is the problem with this generation. And I find that PATHETIC.

Kindly ride on,you have 'our' supports ! At least those who have been saying that Biafra did not get any support will rephrase their statements now! Pilots and ammunitions from U S A, war mercenaries from from Belgium, French government support, etc Haaaa,omo nna, you can lie for afrika!
Re: Biafra: The Nigerian Civil War In Pictures (Warning Disturbing Images) by losky83: 10:40pm On Dec 23, 2019
Akhenaten:
Nnamdi Azikiwe at the Nigerian High Commission Office in London, Aug. 28, 1969, as he urged Biafra to abandon its fight against the federal Nigerian government.
who among you people(biafrans)is more intelligent than this great legend.yet he adviced wisely against Biafra in Nigeria.
Re: Biafra: The Nigerian Civil War In Pictures (Warning Disturbing Images) by losky83: 10:45pm On Dec 23, 2019
Akhenaten:
A Biafran doctor hands out cups containing the daily ration of powdered milk to a line of children at a refugee camp in Anwa, Biafra, Aug. 5, 1968.
This is exactly what illiterate members of Biafra have never seen.they want children to suffer for their selfish reasons(control of crude oil in the south south).
Re: Biafra: The Nigerian Civil War In Pictures (Warning Disturbing Images) by OROSUNBOLB(m): 11:13pm On Dec 23, 2019
Akhenaten:
Guess what battle this is from?

Tell us na.
Re: Biafra: The Nigerian Civil War In Pictures (Warning Disturbing Images) by Nobody: 12:25am On Dec 24, 2019
We must restore Biafra that's the only hope for justice
Re: Biafra: The Nigerian Civil War In Pictures (Warning Disturbing Images) by Nobody: 12:27am On Dec 24, 2019
Essential:
I hope with these pictures the stupid people calling for Biafra will learn from their fathers mistake.
you are a coward an Igbo man believe is better to die than to be slaves to Fulani caliphate ,get lost ur opinion is not needed we are going home

2 Likes

Re: Biafra: The Nigerian Civil War In Pictures (Warning Disturbing Images) by Nobody: 12:33am On Dec 24, 2019
kenx1:
I am a proud igbo boy i remenber d tales my late Dad told me abt d war. He was a major for the gr8 biafra army, I proud of all our fallen patriots, 24 gun salute
get ready fellow Biafran if they don't give it freely this time we will go for war it will be very bloody
Re: Biafra: The Nigerian Civil War In Pictures (Warning Disturbing Images) by Nobody: 12:36am On Dec 24, 2019
aljharem11:

I have to forget about it because i can not be holding hate in my heart just because of some people's mistake undecided

Should i say because i have died family member during the war, i should hate my igbo brothers,,,,,NO

If some igbos still hate Nigeria for the war, why do they interact other non-biafrans as if they are friends undecided

how can we move on if we still keep a terrible part of our past in our hearts

i understand if biafrans are still,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, but it has to be forgotten

sad but true it as to be forgotten

once again to all the families affected, my condolences sad sad sad cry cry cry cry
you are vary mad forgot just like that ? What caused the way is the same thing happening now mind ur words plz if you have nothing to say shut up
Re: Biafra: The Nigerian Civil War In Pictures (Warning Disturbing Images) by Nobody: 12:37am On Dec 24, 2019
cold:
Until my dad passed away,he suffered from shrapnel wounds he rcvd during the war as a captain on the Biafra side.But today i dare say the greatest problem with the igbos are the igbos themselves.See how the hausas unite to fight a common cause,you'll never find that kind of unity amongst the igbos
how dare you say rubbish no people or region are united than the Igbos ewu
Re: Biafra: The Nigerian Civil War In Pictures (Warning Disturbing Images) by Afolabimills(m): 3:48am On Dec 24, 2019
Lasinoh:

Agwuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu Biafra!!!
Na hia you dey?
Ojukwu don quench o.
Biafra don quench! kiss
You hate Nigeria huh?
I would too. If my butts were super-kicked during the Biafran war!

O-JU-JU-KWU, GOWAAAAN IS COMING!!!! cheesy
Come take Biafra. . . . tongue

www.nairaland.com/attachments/606196_Ishi_Ewu_Biafra__Ngodigha1_jpged6b35986a0b839f641f5e92e6c8dd80

Ishi Ewu Biafra. . . .GBOWAIIIIIIII. . . .Mu che che che che che

Goooooooooooooooooooo Boko Haram!!!! cool
u are a bastard parasite

1 Like

Re: Biafra: The Nigerian Civil War In Pictures (Warning Disturbing Images) by OROSUNBOLB(m): 5:46am On Dec 24, 2019
mekzone:
I am embarrassed at the obvious lack of insensitivity to the plight of easterners during the war. The war was fought in Biafra in the eastern heartland, we suffered genocide and starvation and i have here some historically uninformed people talking about bombings in Obalende and atrocities in Edo, who has been lying to you or has the tribalism clouded your sense of reasoning. Almost very child in my family died of starvation during that war, my grandmother as killed by your fathers' guns and bombs, WHY because we said we had had enough of the killing pogroms by Hausas & Fulanis, because we realized that the Yorubas will watch us killed (in Lagos) and not utter a word lest Gowon, Danjuma and his friends turn on them, please don't re-ignite our anger, because the scars still remain with us and are still visible,

Do not let your stupid historians deceive you, Biafra was a collective decision (we all decided to leave) and Ojukwu was our leader and was a worthy one, more than any of the ones your Nigeria has imposed on us.

At a point in history, same Ojukwu aspired to rule this country through democratic process but surprisingly, majority of Igbo did not vote for him ! Can you explain why please ?

1 Like

Re: Biafra: The Nigerian Civil War In Pictures (Warning Disturbing Images) by OROSUNBOLB(m): 7:23am On Dec 24, 2019
CyberG:
I actually read and SAW all the images. The major lesson: WAR is bad and should not be taken lightly. A leader should be able to look from the present and see clearly what the future of his actions would mean and by several accounts, the leaders of Biafra did not see this level of devastation coming. The same when Hitler attacked Soviet Russia during the WW II, the return fight was not designed to fight back: their obvious intent was totally annihilate everything such that there was not even one piece left. This documentary should teach young Nigerians not to repeat the mistakes of the past. In killing other peoples first, you cannot expect that their retaliation will be in a certain measure. Gloating and boasting at the northerners after the January 1966 coup was a bad move and this is one of the major factors that heightened the hatred of the northerners. Sadly, you still see several young tribalists gloating about their "regions", how the north is backward, uneducated, etc. Did you guys know that the Nazis reserved more hatred for the Soviet Bolsheviks because they were more "uncivilized" than the French? For example, an illustration was how the French had flush toilets while the Soviets had just crude latrines? 

A leader should see that after the thousands that were killed in the north and in order to stem the tide of killings, declaring a war that would lead to millions of people killed is very unmathematical and bad judgement regardless of how you slice and dice the argument. An approach that has already cost thousands of debt should not be upstaged to one that will result in millions in debt. This is the lesson that people should learn. Diplomacy and negotiation on at least fair grounds accomplishes a whole lot more than un-winable wars.

Igbo are just too emotional as a people to understand this simple fact of life. The war was totally avoidable and unnecessary. There was no way Ojukwu could have won that war. He was made to understand that but he refused to listen to advice and words of wisdom.

A one-sided coup that eliminated all political leaderships of other tribes but spared the leadership of a particular one was already an issue. Sardauna of Sokoto, Ammadu Bello was mercilessly murdered in the North by Nzeogwu,an Igbo army officer and there was a widespread jubilation all across the streets of northern region by Igbo people living in the North! They even hailed his murderer as hero ! How on earth would the fulani/Hausa people not react in the most gruesome manner that they did. Does anyone think the Yoruba people like the way and manner Akintola was equally murdered ? Was it a mere coincidence that Nnamdi Azikiwe was out of the country at the period when other tribal leaders were being slaughtered like ram ?

We are blaming Northerners for everything that is bad about the country today whereas, we Southerners laid the foundation for them all ! Who abolished the federal system of government and foisted the Unitary one on us in a bid to ensuring that power remained in the hand of an ethnic group ? Who started the unholy alliance with the Northerners because of the desperation for power at the expense of southern solidarity ?

For every action,there is always equal and opposite reaction. The war will always remain part of our history as a people. We should learn from it and never repeat the same mistake again. As for the Biafra agitators, violence and drum of war won't achieve anything but sorrows and more deaths. Self determination is inalienable right of mankind and I,therefore wish you success in your Biafra project.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra: The Nigerian Civil War In Pictures (Warning Disturbing Images) by Jakumo(m): 10:25am On Dec 24, 2019
Jagaban880:

Abagana ambush....deadliest ambush recorded in de Civil War led by the gifted Hannibal himself ...

angry

For some reason this mention of Hannibal brought to mind one name " ACHUZIE ".

How that name bubbled up from my subconscious, I'll never know.
Re: Biafra: The Nigerian Civil War In Pictures (Warning Disturbing Images) by OROSUNBOLB(m): 10:40am On Dec 24, 2019
spiaggia:
I cant help but notice that a whole load of rubbish is being put out on this tread. One major question to be answered is this; The war as waged by the North on Igbo's or should we say other occupiers of the geographical space called Nigeria, is it really over.

Capital NO. This war has been perpetuated in several guises and continues today through Boko Haram. But we should all be warned. We have not, and will never forget. And should things come to a head again as is obviously looking, things will not be as they were the last time. The regret of people like Adekunle should be wise thoughts for the Yoruba's especially. To the Ogoni's and the rest of the River's people( Ikweres especially ) I have no sympathy for you people. Your loyalty was to the North and you got what you deserved. Saro wiwa's killing is an obvious pointer.

All the north wants I'd dominance and when they do not have their desire, anyone who looks like an obstacle is in immortal danger. The Ibo's stood against their quest for Oil. That is all the Biafra war was about.

My only worry is that the rest of the tribes living in the space called Nigeria are too dumb to realize it.

You are wrong ! The politics of dominance was started by the Igbo and as a matter of fact,it is well embedded in your genes. Go and read about how the Igbo elites ,shortly after the independence,cornered every opportunities and reserved all the exalted posts and positions solely for ethnic Igbo people when they were in control and at the saddle of Nigeria. You can read about how Igbo people dominated the civil service,the police, the military and everything in Nigeria after the independence. This was why Ironsi foisted Unitary system of government on Nigeria and why Nzeogwu was going on a killing spree. Igbo are greedy people !

I make bold to say that Igbo are the architects of the problems Nigeria is facing today. Your greed and inordinate ambition to dominate others is your major undoing. For your information, the Northerners did not want to be part of Nigeria. Your greedy kinsman,Azikiwe entered into an unholy alliance with them with the sole aim of dominating the rest of Nigerians. As a fellow Southerner,Awolowo frowned against the evil alliance.

You guys fail to blame the very people that brought disaster,famine,hunger and war to your people- the Nzeogwus,Ojukwus and Ironsis of this world. Nzeogwu organised a one-sided coup that brutally eliminated all political and spiritual leaders of other tribes but spared that of Igbo ! He was even bragging and beating his chest about how he killed Ahmadu Bello. Sadly enough,Igbo people equally celebrated Sardauna's death in the streets of major northern cities ! Haba ! You guys are wicked!

Ahmadu Bello was right when he said Igbo people like to dominate everybody even their hosts. This is one of the major reasons for the infamous xenophobic attacks against Nigerians in South Africa. You people are very cocky and highly garrulous.

Address the root cause of the war rather than gloating over the effects

2 Likes

Re: Biafra: The Nigerian Civil War In Pictures (Warning Disturbing Images) by OROSUNBOLB(m): 11:37am On Dec 24, 2019
CanadaOrBust:

The truth is that nobody can lead Igbos into anything. Yorubas are very "follow the leader", which is not necessarilly a bad thing. Igbos on the other hand are quite individualistic. Even Ojukwu said "these people are very hard to lead". Notice he said "these people" - because he was not really one of them. If u know Ojukwu's bio and which languages he spoke well u would realise he was not trully an Igbo man.

He could speak Yoruba and English fluently apart from his native Igbo.
Re: Biafra: The Nigerian Civil War In Pictures (Warning Disturbing Images) by OROSUNBOLB(m): 11:43am On Dec 24, 2019
azimo:
get ready fellow Biafran if they don't give it freely this time we will go for war it will be very bloody

Every war is always bloody,stop beating your dry chest. Now start the war if you can.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Cults/gangs: Their Code Name And Orientation. Beware! / My Story As A Cult Member........initiation Phase Included...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.