Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,632 members, 7,809,368 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:22 AM

Biafra: The Nigerian Civil War In Pictures (Warning Disturbing Images) - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Biafra: The Nigerian Civil War In Pictures (Warning Disturbing Images) (309568 Views)

Picture Of Would Be Boko Haram Suicide Bomber (warning Disturbing Image) / Face Of The Kaduna Suicide Bomber....warning Disturbing Graphic Material / Father Accused Me Of Witchcraft, Bathed Me With Acid (WARNING:disturbing Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Biafra: The Nigerian Civil War In Pictures (Warning Disturbing Images) by aljharem11(m): 1:31am On Jan 10, 2011
Mrs, Eve:

I always ask why PEOPLE are against IGBOS so, I have not yet to see why. I am thinking Jealousy and feeling of inferiority.

The same thing happened with Holocaust, Dafur, and Rwanda. Genocide will never die until the world rebirth itself again.

Sorry madam, what are you talking about undecided

You are wondering why people are against igbos, it is trends like this that make people dislike even some hate igbos.

did you see any genocide in the war

why is it called biafra war not biafra genocide

never ever ever compare biafra war to holocaust, because there was not war in holocaust, neither did jews fight back or made a war against the Nazis so biafra war is NOT a genocide war but a normal civil war like ever other civil war in africa

and also never ever compare biafra war to Rwanda, did the Tutsi's fight back against the Hutus like biafra did in nigeria? the answer is pure NO

did Tutsis invade other peoples land,,,NO

did Tutsis mascare other people's leader to get to power ,,,,,NO

did Tutsis make fun of Hutus because they were in power NO

so never ever again compare a war with genocide.

thank you

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Biafra: The Nigerian Civil War In Pictures (Warning Disturbing Images) by MrsEve2(f): 2:30am On Jan 10, 2011
Why are you getting upset? It an opinion. Let it go. You will be okay.

1 Like

Re: Biafra: The Nigerian Civil War In Pictures (Warning Disturbing Images) by MrsEve2(f): 2:32am On Jan 10, 2011
War is genocide. People die in wars. I have never seen a war where EVERYBODY LIVED. undecided

1 Like

Re: Biafra: The Nigerian Civil War In Pictures (Warning Disturbing Images) by aljharem11(m): 2:36am On Jan 10, 2011
Mrs, Eve:

Why are you getting upset? It an opinion. Let it go. You will be okay.

i am not getting upset, i was just explaining things you posted as false smiley

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Biafra: The Nigerian Civil War In Pictures (Warning Disturbing Images) by aljharem11(m): 2:39am On Jan 10, 2011
Mrs, Eve:

War is genocide. People die in wars. I have never seen a war where EVERYBODY LIVED. undecided

no i do not think a war is a genocide, although people die in wars, but it is not a genocide but a war

a genocide is when a group of people are killed to eradicate there kind due to religious, ethnic and other background the have

a war is the fight between 2 or more groups and there is death from both groups

5 Likes

Re: Biafra: The Nigerian Civil War In Pictures (Warning Disturbing Images) by Akhenaten: 2:48am On Jan 10, 2011
General Benjamin Adesanya Maja Adekunle, Nigerian Army

6 Likes

Re: Biafra: The Nigerian Civil War In Pictures (Warning Disturbing Images) by Akhenaten: 2:50am On Jan 10, 2011
Yakubu Gowon, Nigerian head of state during its civil war

1 Like

Re: Biafra: The Nigerian Civil War In Pictures (Warning Disturbing Images) by Akhenaten: 2:51am On Jan 10, 2011
Africa, Nigeria civil war, Biafra, at the front line, young officer ordering an attack.

Re: Biafra: The Nigerian Civil War In Pictures (Warning Disturbing Images) by Akhenaten: 2:52am On Jan 10, 2011
Africa, Nigeria civil war, Biafra, same officer as previous picture during an attack is hit by a bullet.

1 Like

Re: Biafra: The Nigerian Civil War In Pictures (Warning Disturbing Images) by Akhenaten: 2:53am On Jan 10, 2011
Nigeria civil war, Biafra, front line action during attack, officer holding a bazooka

Re: Biafra: The Nigerian Civil War In Pictures (Warning Disturbing Images) by Akhenaten: 2:54am On Jan 10, 2011
Africa, Nigeria civil war, Biafra, a woman screams at the death of her mother hit during a bombing.

1 Share

Re: Biafra: The Nigerian Civil War In Pictures (Warning Disturbing Images) by Akhenaten: 2:55am On Jan 10, 2011
Nigeria civil war, Biafra, wounded soldier carried by comrades in arms.

Re: Biafra: The Nigerian Civil War In Pictures (Warning Disturbing Images) by Akhenaten: 2:56am On Jan 10, 2011
Africa, Nigeria civil war, Biafra, wounded soldier during an attack.

Re: Biafra: The Nigerian Civil War In Pictures (Warning Disturbing Images) by Akhenaten: 2:56am On Jan 10, 2011
Nigerian Villagers Dancing to Celebrate End of War

Re: Biafra: The Nigerian Civil War In Pictures (Warning Disturbing Images) by Akhenaten: 3:00am On Jan 10, 2011
Biafra-Nigeria Civil War

Re: Biafra: The Nigerian Civil War In Pictures (Warning Disturbing Images) by MrsEve2(f): 3:02am On Jan 10, 2011
If you think that wars aren't started because of genocide then I guess in your own mind it not genocide.

1 Like

Re: Biafra: The Nigerian Civil War In Pictures (Warning Disturbing Images) by Akhenaten: 3:04am On Jan 10, 2011
Africa, Nigeria civil war, Biafra, under fire, soldiers hauling away a wounded soldier.

Re: Biafra: The Nigerian Civil War In Pictures (Warning Disturbing Images) by Akhenaten: 3:05am On Jan 10, 2011
circa 1968: A victim of the war. The Hausa tribe (North Nigerians) massacred a great number of the Igbo tribe (East Nigerians) who were living in the north. The country suffered a severe civil war (1967 - 1970)

1 Like

Re: Biafra: The Nigerian Civil War In Pictures (Warning Disturbing Images) by Akhenaten: 3:07am On Jan 10, 2011
circa 1968: Nigerian men wear camouflage and hold their rifles as they move through the wilderness, during Nigeria's Biafran civil war. Members of the Igbo tribe rebelled in 1967, demanding a separate Republic of Biafra. The war and famine lasted until 1970, when the decimated Biafran Republic surrendered to federal forces.

1 Share

Re: Biafra: The Nigerian Civil War In Pictures (Warning Disturbing Images) by Akhenaten: 5:58am On Jan 10, 2011
January 1970, preparing for meeting in Lagos at the end of the Civil War; second from left is General Efiong, third is Colonel O. Obasanjo

Re: Biafra: The Nigerian Civil War In Pictures (Warning Disturbing Images) by Akhenaten: 5:59am On Jan 10, 2011
1969, at parade to celebrate the Second Independence Anniversary of Biafra; General Efiong is fourth from left; General Ojukwu, Head of State, is fifth from left

Re: Biafra: The Nigerian Civil War In Pictures (Warning Disturbing Images) by Akhenaten: 6:00am On Jan 10, 2011
1970, initial meeting between both sides at the end of the War; from left to right: General Efiong, Prof. Eni Njoku, Colonel Obasanjo

Re: Biafra: The Nigerian Civil War In Pictures (Warning Disturbing Images) by Olaedo1: 5:36pm On Jan 10, 2011
Keep'em coming.
Re: Biafra: The Nigerian Civil War In Pictures (Warning Disturbing Images) by CrazyMan(m): 1:01am On Jan 11, 2011
Please the war is over; let’s focus our minds elsewhere and forget about the massacre.

To be honest, seeing this pictures makes me sad; so in order to avoid unnecessary agitation from viewers, I would suggest that you stop posing these pictures.

Thanks.
Re: Biafra: The Nigerian Civil War In Pictures (Warning Disturbing Images) by bashr4: 2:20am On Jan 11, 2011
abeg keep posting the pics ,i think its guilty conscience that is bothering these anit-biafrans if anybody should be sad about the pics it should be biafrans , yet we prefer to see them and keep the records as part of history.
no matter how much education nigerians attain they still fail to use their head and figure out why biafrans decided to secede in the first place ,i tire for nigerians oo. the same silly people will pay 10dollars and buy popcorn and coke to watch a video of american civil war or world war 2 yet they dont want to see biafran war pics, pathetic nation ,no wonder we are not progressing.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Biafra: The Nigerian Civil War In Pictures (Warning Disturbing Images) by MrsEve2(f): 3:47am On Jan 11, 2011
I would like to see more pictures. My husband's family were affected by the war. I also would like to learn more about the war as well. I am an excellent student.

1 Like

Re: Biafra: The Nigerian Civil War In Pictures (Warning Disturbing Images) by OgidiBoy(m): 3:52am On Jan 11, 2011
Please poster if you find any more pics from the net don't hesitate to post em here. They gruesome pics for sure but some times it's necessary for us to see what are parents went through during the war.
Re: Biafra: The Nigerian Civil War In Pictures (Warning Disturbing Images) by bashr4: 3:57am On Jan 11, 2011
alj harem1:

Sorry madam, what are you talking about undecided

You are wondering why people are against igbos, it is trends like this that make people dislike even some hate igbos.

did you see any genocide in the war

why is it called biafra war not biafra genocide

never ever ever compare biafra war to holocaust, because there was not war in holocaust, neither did jews fight back or made a war against the Nazis so biafra war is NOT a genocide war but a normal civil war like ever other civil war in africa

and also never ever compare biafra war to Rwanda, did the Tutsi's fight back against the Hutus like biafra did in nigeria? the answer is pure NO

did Tutsis invade other peoples land,,,NO

did Tutsis mascare other people's leader to get to power ,,,,,NO

did Tutsis make fun of Hutus because they were in power NO

so never ever again compare a war with genocide.

thank you

its because of people like you nigeria is not progressing ,when over 60 thousand christians were murdered in cold blood before the war where wer u , or is dat not genocide? of course you dont consider it genocide since you have been doing even uptil today.

next you will remind me that the coup was an igbo coup even when a yoruba man was involved and since when did military coup become a tribal thing ,its only tribal if igbos are involved . SICK COUNTRY.

13 Likes

Re: Biafra: The Nigerian Civil War In Pictures (Warning Disturbing Images) by shotster50(m): 3:59am On Jan 11, 2011
@ Akhenaten,

Thanks for the pictures, in as much as some of us do not appreciate it or are questioning your motive/agenda. I'd like to say it is very much appreciated.
Re: Biafra: The Nigerian Civil War In Pictures (Warning Disturbing Images) by OgidiBoy(m): 4:19am On Jan 11, 2011
Hold up, why is this thread in the crime section ? should it not be in the politics or culture section.
Re: Biafra: The Nigerian Civil War In Pictures (Warning Disturbing Images) by beneli(m): 11:11am On Jan 11, 2011
These pictures speak volumes . . .

In all honesty, it is difficult to know how to respond to them. Clearly people born on different sides of the warring factions will have a tendency towards being defensive in their interpretations of the events that lead up to that tragic war  - that's human nature.

But when some argue that the pictures tell just one side of the story, the question that begs to be answered is; does that fact diminish from the tragedy revealed in them? Must we, like the people shown in the picture on page 1 (06:34;53) . . . apparently concerned more about the oil . . . shut our eyes to the fact that what happened between 1967 - 1970 was a Nigerian tragedy and not just a comeuppance for the 'arrogant and greedy Ibos (sic)'?.

As I look through the pictures . . . through the eyes of a person who was born in the last months of that war and who suffered Kwashiokor, but was among the few that survived. . . . I cannot help reflecting that January 15th - the anniversary of the day the sounds of that ugly war ended - is just 4 days away, yet we as a people refuse to deal with the things that lead to it. We allow the the same mistrust and the hating; the dirty power politics and yes, the bigotry, to fester. And I cannot help reflecting that Nigeria still boils. . .

As I reflect, I ask myself; how can a people full of so much potential become so phucked up and even seem to relish in it?! Our penchant for self-denigration in our ignorant attempts to appear better than our cousins from other ethnic groups within the Nigerian union is very very puzzling to me . . .

It puzzles me that people who lay claims to being educated do not understand that tribally motivated braggadocio only potrays one as being very ignorant! And I wonder why we can't be a little bit more circumspect in our utterances, especially when it concerns issues that the different sides consider sensitive.

In my opinion as a Nigerian - and not because I am a child of Biafra - a national monument should be set up on which should be inscribed in marble the words: Never again. . .

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Biafra: The Nigerian Civil War In Pictures (Warning Disturbing Images) by MrsEve2(f): 5:51pm On Jan 11, 2011
From my understanding the Igbos wanted their own country. I do not see any harm in that. Traditional tribes were bent on having their own "land" and separate from other tribes or land. I listened to some of the stories from my Igbo families of how they lived through that and how bleeped up it was.

I wasn't born at the particular time but I can imagine what they been through according to my Igbo family.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Cults/gangs: Their Code Name And Orientation. Beware! / My Story As A Cult Member........initiation Phase Included...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.