Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,207 members, 7,846,007 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 09:06 AM

Three COVID-19 Patients Die In Sokoto - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Three COVID-19 Patients Die In Sokoto (25763 Views)

9 COVID-19 Patients Die In Anambra State / Two COVID-19 Patients Die In Osun / Six COVID-19 Patients To Be Discharged In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Three COVID-19 Patients Die In Sokoto by Elslim: 12:00pm On Apr 29, 2020
Good help us
Re: Three COVID-19 Patients Die In Sokoto by bluefilm: 12:01pm On Apr 29, 2020
Nbote:
Why are governors d ones announcing covid 19 cases and deaths? Dey shld allow NCDC do their jobs and den brief their ppl later.. As it stands dey are politicians and we do not trust politicians.

The thing just taya me, aswear.

These governors go just dey use the opportunity to dey shine over another person agony.

Nonsensical nonsense. angry
Re: Three COVID-19 Patients Die In Sokoto by Onlyonebuhari: 12:02pm On Apr 29, 2020
Jamesbiodun:
3 asthmatic patient died in Sokoto, northern governor and lies

Oga so u don't understand the meaning of respectively. Oga ooo
Re: Three COVID-19 Patients Die In Sokoto by Okortor: 12:02pm On Apr 29, 2020
Q, lol. All in d name of booking space to be on the first page.
Drsnives:
Q
Re: Three COVID-19 Patients Die In Sokoto by Gabson006: 12:03pm On Apr 29, 2020
Lord have mercy.

Check my siggy
Re: Three COVID-19 Patients Die In Sokoto by izubext007: 12:03pm On Apr 29, 2020
death toll
Re: Three COVID-19 Patients Die In Sokoto by potent5(m): 12:04pm On Apr 29, 2020
Elaborate on what led to his arrest.
PAGAN9JA:
Imagine...we have serious issues like COVIK-1-9 in the North and the police is busy arresting innocent people like Mubrak Bala. Kano city itself might be a ticking timebomb for the Coronavirus with peacefuls flouting lockdown left, right and centre to attend prayers.

*Please change your dp to the below picture on all social media accounts.Lets carry out a silent protest to save the life of this young man. Let us save the Constitution of Nigeria before it becomes islamized completely.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Three COVID-19 Patients Die In Sokoto by Robert0813: 12:05pm On Apr 29, 2020
Opoor
Re: Three COVID-19 Patients Die In Sokoto by Nobody: 12:06pm On Apr 29, 2020
quote to insult me, but the truth is I am hungry and I am an ulcer patient too, I cant steal because u will still condemn me, pls help your daughter with 1000 for survival.
0010368892 emuka .c. Vivian Gtbank
Re: Three COVID-19 Patients Die In Sokoto by Samade7: 12:07pm On Apr 29, 2020
Jamesbiodun:

Too much sense no go kill u..................very soon dem go dey tell us say accident victims died of convid 19. grin grin grin grin
Re: Three COVID-19 Patients Die In Sokoto by fedora04: 12:08pm On Apr 29, 2020
i dont know why i dont believe this story....
Re: Three COVID-19 Patients Die In Sokoto by bubblesng(m): 12:09pm On Apr 29, 2020
Change of course and Institution on jamb portal This is to inform the general public, parents, and wards that the upload and change of institution/change of courses in jamb portal has started, for those who are interested should not relent to call or contact us for easy-going change reflections on your jamb portal, we are cbt based online business center based on online jobs, you are advised to be informed of the risk of not uploading your Olevel on the portal, with the upload of your WAEC/NECO it makes it faster and easy for jamb to issue your admission, it also helps to fasten the process of admitting student after post utme exams done within different institutions in the country,

https://thenigeriafm.com/change-of-course-and-institution-on-jamb-portal/
Re: Three COVID-19 Patients Die In Sokoto by Graham243: 12:11pm On Apr 29, 2020
OGand99others:
Help a Brother my fellow Nairanders cry cry

Zenith Bank

God Bless and Protect all us from this Pandemic

Ma Nigga ur fellow nairalanders sef need help bro..
Re: Three COVID-19 Patients Die In Sokoto by PAGAN9JA(m): 12:12pm On Apr 29, 2020
potent5:
Elaborate on what led to his arrest.

https://www.nairaland.com/5823690/police-arrest-mubarak-bala-blasphemy

Mubarak Bala a social media activist charged for
Blasphemy in Kaduna. He has already spent time in a mental hospital before for sharing his atheist and rationalist views by his own family.
Re: Three COVID-19 Patients Die In Sokoto by CallofDuty(m): 12:14pm On Apr 29, 2020
Re: Three COVID-19 Patients Die In Sokoto by Timileyin1234(m): 12:16pm On Apr 29, 2020
Yenefer:
RIP. I believe Covid19 is real,.. I want to see the video of the isolation center or the hospital where they admit Covid19 patience. Nigerians are very smart when it comes to corruption. Adding figures every 24 hours is not enough

Re: Three COVID-19 Patients Die In Sokoto by 1x2kills: 12:16pm On Apr 29, 2020
Yenefer:
RIP. I believe Covid19 is real,.. I want to see the video of the isolation center or the hospital where they admit Covid19 patience. Nigerians are very smart when it comes to corruption. Adding figures every 24 hours is not enough

Seems you and sense are doing social distancing, why not go to your neighbour house and watch cable TV there, TVC reporter even did a documentary on lagos isolation center on Sunday showing the patients, how they receive treatment and the condition they are

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Three COVID-19 Patients Die In Sokoto by Investnow2017: 12:16pm On Apr 29, 2020
Nbote:
Why are governors d ones announcing covid 19 cases and deaths? Dey shld allow NCDC do their jobs and den brief their ppl later.. As it stands dey are politicians and we do not trust politicians.

Right. But what details do you get from NCDC?

If you ask me, I think NCDC is too frugal with details about their reports apart from not making Nigerians have a feel of the gravity of this virus by way of possibly carefully recorded video coverage of some isolation centres where Covid-19 patients are receiving needed medical assistance. I don't see what is wrong with that.

Or grant the frontline doctors and nurses interviews of their daily activities at the isolation centres. I can tell you that such would make Nigerians currently too detached from the reality of this pandemic to have a better feel. I can bet you, if they do that some who are pushing to rush out of their abode right now will think twice.

How would you feel just receiving scores of an ongoing match without watching players in action in the field? That is how I feel about folks still doubting the prevalence of this virus.
Re: Three COVID-19 Patients Die In Sokoto by don4real18(m): 12:17pm On Apr 29, 2020
He's still withholding an important information. Let me not say anything
Re: Three COVID-19 Patients Die In Sokoto by LoveToRead: 12:17pm On Apr 29, 2020
This is serious. May their souls rest in peace.

For others, stay safe.
Re: Three COVID-19 Patients Die In Sokoto by Nobody: 12:18pm On Apr 29, 2020
Upon the hot weather there...so sad
Re: Three COVID-19 Patients Die In Sokoto by Lovelyn451(f): 12:20pm On Apr 29, 2020
Jamesbiodun:
asthmatic patients are dying in kano hospitals like chicken...hmmm
Re: Three COVID-19 Patients Die In Sokoto by Martinola(m): 12:23pm On Apr 29, 2020
Short of utterances
Re: Three COVID-19 Patients Die In Sokoto by pobosky20(m): 12:27pm On Apr 29, 2020
I pray this virus don't finish people around that region. So scared for Sokoto,zamfara and kebbi states. RIP to the dead.
Re: Three COVID-19 Patients Die In Sokoto by Investnow2017: 12:30pm On Apr 29, 2020
Chapii:
I watched Funmi Oke on Aljazeera (The Stream) yesterday. She interviewed a Doctor from Kano who confirmed that most private hospitals in Kano have closed down and up to 70% of Doctors in Gov't hospitals have absconded. Many are dying of regular illnesses because they cannot get adequate healthcare as a result of fear created by Covid-19.
The Nigerian society is on a delicate balance with over 50% of Nigerians barely surviving èespecially in the North. Anything that alters that balance such as lockdowns or excessive fear tips society over which results in increase death rates, which is what is happening in Kano.
Coronavirus is not as infectious in this part of the world as it is in the West so our leaders should be very careful with how they manage this situation. The response should not be worse than the disease. Learn from Oyo & Cross River States.

Think there is a lot of sense in what you have just said. That is why I will always go against any effort to merely copy every measure adopted by the western world in combating this pandemic.

Ours is a very peculiar environment, and thus requires measures that take into account our unique context. All this copy and paste method and trying to draw similarity between Nigeria and the US will in the end prove disastrous if care is not taken.

1 Like

Re: Three COVID-19 Patients Die In Sokoto by AsawanaDgreat: 12:31pm On Apr 29, 2020
Lord have mercy on us
Re: Three COVID-19 Patients Die In Sokoto by frozen70(f): 12:33pm On Apr 29, 2020
Nbote:

Not really, I think its best for the state governor to do the announcements based on the information the NCDC gives him

If not, every NCDC staff will become a reporter

If you are hearing from the governor, he too us actively involved in the upto date analysis before he will say he wasn't briefed
Re: Three COVID-19 Patients Die In Sokoto by Yenefer(f): 12:33pm On Apr 29, 2020
1x2kills:

Seems you and sense are doing social distancing, why not go to your neighbour house and watch cable TV there, TVC reporter even did a documentary on lagos isolation center on Sunday showing the patients, how they receive treatment and the condition they are
u see nairalanders this kind of people are the reason I go dark
Re: Three COVID-19 Patients Die In Sokoto by Jack500: 12:35pm On Apr 29, 2020
Okortor:
Hmm, I pray buhari changes his mind and extend the lock down indefinitely .

Pls, stay at home, dont go out, let those that want to go out, go. Lockdown ko, lock up ni.
Re: Three COVID-19 Patients Die In Sokoto by Investnow2017: 12:37pm On Apr 29, 2020
Those who fear for Nigeria is not only because of coronavirus, it is the fear that our fragile health facilities might get overwhelmed. And we pray it doesn't. If it does, while Coronavirus will kill less, other diseases might even kill far more.

Let me tell you why. If you hear that someone who visited a particular hospital with a case of diabetes returned infected with Covid-19 likely picked up at that hospital, will you visit that hospital again?. Would you even be inclined to visit any hospital at all?

Or what if you visit a hospital, not for a covid case though and you are number 900 in the tally to be seen by just one doctor. When do you think it will get to your turn? And what if your case is critical and somebody suggests that you go through the emergency room, and you got there you see a lot of patients on the floor, some dead and the only doctor there is running helter skelter and he is not able to look at your direction?

Or the doctor handling your case is reportedly absent because he is self isolating having tested positive, or you hear he has died of Covid-19!

Or the patient next to you just gave up and everyone is being careful not to get close and NCDC is quickly informed and they keep promising 'we are on our way, we are on our way' and for hours they are not able to come and you are there with the corpse with no hope that the deceased will be evacuated soon.

When a health facility gets overwhelmed it is not an experience any body wants to pass through not even once in ones life time. When you hear or read about the number dieing in New York etc, what do you think is happening? Something close if not even worse than the scenario I have just described.

In a pandemic every other ailments becomes almost secondary and that is what every sane person dreads. My neighbour used to go to hospital to treat her malaria. For over a week now she is self medicating? Why? According to her husband 'she is afraid to go to hospital because she doesn't know if they will suddenly conclude that she should be tested for Covid-19".

It is time to pray, pray, pray. It is not a time to trade blames. It is time to use wisdom, for wisdom is better than gold. As the govt has relaxed the lockdown must you go out if you have no need to? Folks we are at war. That is the simple truth. In a war time every human endeavour becomes an emergency. Must you receive visitors just because the lockdown has been lifted? Must you say 'this is not my portion? And go on acting recklessly in the name of 'i have faith? Remember we must not tempt God that is why he has given us thinking ability so that when we see danger we can wisely avoid it.

The energy used in trading blames can be used to take necessary precautions to survive this plague. If you must know ALL EYES ARE ON AFRICA ESPECIALLY NIGERIA. It is not for nothing Trump called yesterday promising VENTILATORS instead of testing kits!

May God the source of life see us all through. Amen

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Was Diagnosed With A Case Of Very Low Testosterone / Johesu Strike: Why The Public Silence? / Anambra Government Shares 3 Million Face Masks To Residents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.