Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,901 members, 7,828,177 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:32 AM

Weight Loss : How Fast Can This Be Accomplished? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Weight Loss : How Fast Can This Be Accomplished? (1031 Views)

Funny Test!! How Fast Can You Fill The Words Correctly. / "Things You Have Accomplished So Far, This Year" / How Fast The Years Go By (16+) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Weight Loss : How Fast Can This Be Accomplished? by cutesy(f): 10:33pm On Jun 07, 2007
Hi fellow nairalanders!!! I used to know someone who weighed over 100kg thats suddenly shrunk to 75kg almost overnight!!! (It took a period of 4 - 6 months.)

Do you think this is healthy? Also, do you think it could last, and for how long,

Lets know your comments and suggestions on this, who knows, you could be encouraging someone out there to shed all the blubber, grin
Re: Weight Loss : How Fast Can This Be Accomplished? by ryu11(m): 5:29pm On Jun 08, 2007
it's fine, and it can last, as long as the person understands that their weight is a reflection of their lifestyle.

so, if he/she dropped all that weight through some wonder drug/herb etc, it aint going to last if the lifestyle hasn't changed.
Re: Weight Loss : How Fast Can This Be Accomplished? by cutesy(f): 7:55am On Jun 09, 2007
Hiya ryu11,

its a she, actually, and to the best of my knowledge, she used NO DRUG AT ALL!!! Just change of diet and a little bit of exercise. When I say little I mean little such as climbing steps and walking. She doesn't go to any gym at all. (I admit, I'm envious, wish I could shed too, but what she did don't seem to be working for me grin )

I am among those eagerly wishing and waiting for her to slip up and go back to blubber-mama in record time. nyaa ha ha haaaa!!! wink
Re: Weight Loss : How Fast Can This Be Accomplished? by ryu11(m): 12:28pm On Jun 11, 2007
I don't see her go back to her former build. Six months sounds long enough to change her living habits (unless she has some kinda breakdown). If you wana do it too, then please do so. but do it for the right reasons, not becos she did. This could help you:

Do you eat to live or do you live to eat

If you eat to live then:

The first step is to decide, make up your mind. Start from your diet,

get rid of all soft drinks/fruit juices. Substitute these with real fruits

If you take tea/beverages regularly, exclude adding refined sugar (trust me you can actually do it)

No junk food, eat only real meals, properly balanced (rich in fiber) at the correct time, no in betweens

if u must eat in betweens, try chewing cucumber/garden eggs etc- please don't binge on these.

if you take veg salads try green salads, no cream/mayonnaise please.

Take dinner before 8pm, otherwise skip it,

Try to take you three square meals, it you start skipping meals/fasting, your body will switch to fat storage mode (you can read that up off the internet)

Always calculate you calorie intake, i c'd get you a table to help you, so b4 you put anything in your gut, check the calorific value and be sure to have a backup plan to burn it off at once.

I'm trying to keep this short n concise so it'll be easy to read. as for exercise, get active

you don't need to register in a gym, just walk as much as possible

Object oriented walking
Re: Weight Loss : How Fast Can This Be Accomplished? by cutesy(f): 10:13pm On Jun 11, 2007
You seem to know quite a lot about this stuff. Please enlighten me a bit more of appropriate food choices. Also, consider the limitations of the Nigerian environment in terms of availability of stuff the oyinbo's always preach about as healthy foods. One love.

(1) (Reply)

Hayyyyyyyyyyy. Old And New Friends / Where Is Iice? / So What Is The 'big' Gift This Year?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.