Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,576 members, 7,854,455 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 05:58 PM

Dozens Of Decomposing Corpses Found In Non-refrigerated Trucks In New York - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Dozens Of Decomposing Corpses Found In Non-refrigerated Trucks In New York (570 Views)

COVID-19: Dead Bodies Are Loaded Into Refrigerated Truck With Forklift In U.S. / COVID-19: New York Uses Refrigerated Trailers, Tents As Makeshift Morgue (Photo) / Doctor Gilbert Afam Gini: Decomposing Body Found In Hospital Months After Death (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dozens Of Decomposing Corpses Found In Non-refrigerated Trucks In New York by timesupreloaded: 10:03am On Apr 30, 2020
Dozens of dead bodies were found inside moving trucks near a funeral home in New York City, discovered after neighbors complained of a sickening odor emanating from the vehicles, which may have stored the corpses for weeks.

Residents of Brooklyn’s Flatlands neighborhood had tried to ignore the stench, but on Wednesday police were finally called to investigate its source, stumbling upon 50 rotting corpses stacked inside four non-refrigerated trucks at the Andrew T. Cleckley Funeral Home. Some residents told local media they’d noticed the odor for several weeks.

The smell, forget it. It was overwhelming.

President of the Brooklyn borough, Eric Adams, said he arrived at the Cleckley facility on Wednesday evening to see what looked like a crime scene, with streets sealed off as officers inspected the trucks.

New York City has been the country’s worst-hit hotspot for Covid-19 for some time, seeing over 164,000 infections and some 18,000 deaths, according to data gathered by Johns Hopkins University. The health crisis has put abnormal strain on the city’s morgues and funeral homes, many of which are quickly running out of storage space for bodies. Though the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) has provided refrigerated morgue trucks to deal with the excess deaths, some facilities are still struggling to cope with the influx of corpses.

The owner of the facility told authorities he had done his best to deal with the overwhelming flow of bodies, attempting to load the trucks with ice, but to little effect. Though he was slapped with two citations for the improper storage, the owner faces no criminal charges, according to NBC News.

Police say the bodies were transferred to a refrigerated vehicle later on Wednesday, but added it was not clear how many of the deceased had succumbed to the coronavirus, as opposed to other causes.

The coronavirus pandemic has claimed over 60,000 lives in the US, crossing the grim milestone of one million infections nationwide earlier this week. Though federal health officials have pointed to falling numbers in some of the country’s worst hotspots, the outbreak continues to inflict thousands of daily fatalities, with tens of thousands still contracting the virus each day.

https://www.rt.com/usa/487306-brooklyn-decomposing-bodies-trucks/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJVjokbG8Eg
Re: Dozens Of Decomposing Corpses Found In Non-refrigerated Trucks In New York by timesupreloaded: 10:05am On Apr 30, 2020
Re: Dozens Of Decomposing Corpses Found In Non-refrigerated Trucks In New York by kinglee007(m): 10:11am On Apr 30, 2020
Oh my God shocked shocked .
Las las this body wey person dey take do shakara na just ordinary meat o! This pandemic has really taught us a lot about valuing our lives within this short time.
To all the faithful departed through the mercy of God, Rest In Peace.

OP, upload pictures and not just links to make your work look professional and more explanatory to the ordinary minds.

5 Likes

Re: Dozens Of Decomposing Corpses Found In Non-refrigerated Trucks In New York by Xristars(m): 10:12am On Apr 30, 2020
Corona is real. This scenario should never come to naija. Amen.

Help me grow my YouTube channel by subscribing. its on fashion and sewing. if you wish to set up your own channel i can help. link below.
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UC9cX8hfQ4OsNd7NalV6knUQ
Re: Dozens Of Decomposing Corpses Found In Non-refrigerated Trucks In New York by dangermouse(m): 10:16am On Apr 30, 2020
This pandemic is really dealing with newyork city. Wishing the world a quick recovery. As for china... I reserve my comment.

1 Like

Re: Dozens Of Decomposing Corpses Found In Non-refrigerated Trucks In New York by timesupreloaded: 10:17am On Apr 30, 2020
kinglee007:
Oh my God shocked shocked .
Las las this body wey person dey take do shakara na just ordinary meat o! This pandemic has really taught us a lot about valuing our lives within this short time.
To all the faithful departed through the mercy of God, Rest In Peace.

OP, upload pictures and not just links to make your work look professional and more explanatory to the ordinary minds.
I just uploaded a video and will edit the post with CNN and Fox news links
Re: Dozens Of Decomposing Corpses Found In Non-refrigerated Trucks In New York by useni1: 10:20am On Apr 30, 2020
America is now officially a third world country. God help Nigeria oh!
Re: Dozens Of Decomposing Corpses Found In Non-refrigerated Trucks In New York by Fidelismaria: 10:23am On Apr 30, 2020

new York city the city that never sleeps is now comatose

Re: Dozens Of Decomposing Corpses Found In Non-refrigerated Trucks In New York by kinglee007(m): 10:26am On Apr 30, 2020
timesupreloaded:
I just uploaded a video and will edit the post with CNN and Fox news links

Good. But pictures will help with topics like yours.

1 Like

Re: Dozens Of Decomposing Corpses Found In Non-refrigerated Trucks In New York by Nelsonnwagbo(m): 10:29am On Apr 30, 2020
this life no get head oh

las las everybody go die both the richest . the finest nd the most popular being

GOD pls i want to make heaven iffa die
Re: Dozens Of Decomposing Corpses Found In Non-refrigerated Trucks In New York by useni1: 10:36am On Apr 30, 2020
Nelsonnwagbo:
this life no get head oh

las las everybody go die both the richest . the finest nd the most popular being

GOD pls i want to make heaven iffa die
Life sometimes can be meaningless

1 Like

Re: Dozens Of Decomposing Corpses Found In Non-refrigerated Trucks In New York by useni1: 10:43am On Apr 30, 2020
dominique
Sissy3
Lalasticlala
Re: Dozens Of Decomposing Corpses Found In Non-refrigerated Trucks In New York by useni1: 1:42pm On Apr 30, 2020
Front page material
Re: Dozens Of Decomposing Corpses Found In Non-refrigerated Trucks In New York by opebiboy: 2:08pm On Apr 30, 2020
Oga timesup on the beat again
Re: Dozens Of Decomposing Corpses Found In Non-refrigerated Trucks In New York by Motherlly: 3:51pm On Apr 30, 2020
May God heal the world
Re: Dozens Of Decomposing Corpses Found In Non-refrigerated Trucks In New York by timesupreloaded: 4:22pm On Apr 30, 2020
useni1:
Front page material
Maybe because I didn't post about snakes

(1) (Reply)

What's The Most Inappropriate Thing A Doctor Has Ever Said Or Ask You? / WHO Wants Dexamethasone Used Under Close Medical Supervision For COVID 19 Patie / Look And Feel Younger Than Your Age

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.