Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,345 members, 7,819,223 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:59 PM

What To Say To Customers Who Ask For Something For Free - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What To Say To Customers Who Ask For Something For Free (490 Views)

CBN Fine 12 Banks N499b For Not Giving Out Loan To Customers / American ATM Dispenses 100$ To Customers Instead Of 20$ / Gtbank Apologizes To Customers Over Network Failure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What To Say To Customers Who Ask For Something For Free by Nobody: 2:48pm On Apr 30, 2020
Everyone is looking for some sort of a deal. It’s an unfortunate fact of running a small business that you will inevitably be put in the position by a customer or prospect to give away your service or product for free. As a CEO, founder, or sole proprietor you are in the unenviable position of being the one who calls the shots, so you are also the one who is most likely to have to deal with it.

This is an especially nasty situation if you have a services business that does not have an obvious cost of goods sold, such as materials, inventory, perhaps even machinery and office space.

I know the challenge all too well. When I started by first software business over thirty hears ago the prevailing attitude around the software business was that it was basically a license to print money. After all, what you were selling was just rearranged digital bits. The industry was still nascent and few people outside of the IT priesthood understood either the value of software or the effort needed to develop it. My second business was primarily a services business. There was no inventory or hard goods. So, I had to... read more>>>https://www.successdigestonline.com/what-to-say-to-customers-who-ask-for-something-for-free/

(1) (Reply)

COVID-19 Oil Crash: Shell Cuts Dividend For First Time Since 1940s / How To Make Money Blogging / Covid-19: Nigeria Bank Overrun By Desperate Customers After Ease Of Lockdown

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.