Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,010 members, 7,835,432 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:08 AM

Alcohol And Cigrettes,how Did U Get Off It. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Alcohol And Cigrettes,how Did U Get Off It. (601 Views)

Dangers Of Mixing Alcohol And Energy Drinks. / Alcohol And Energy Drinks A Dangerous Combo, Study Says / What Are The Side Effects Of Alcohol And Cigarettes To Women? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Alcohol And Cigrettes,how Did U Get Off It. by segunx5(m): 9:20am On Jan 10, 2011
Am in my early 30s av being smoking and drinking for the past 7yrs now.I really want to get off It.am getting addicted,its causing me a lot of pain,loss and shame.How did you stop?kindly post ur comment.
Re: Alcohol And Cigrettes,how Did U Get Off It. by acho4444: 9:28am On Jan 10, 2011
Prayers & very important: YOUR WILL POWER, and always think of its negative effects such as damage 2 ur precious lungs, kidney, etc, n try cutting off locations dat breeds them
Re: Alcohol And Cigrettes,how Did U Get Off It. by acho4444: 9:32am On Jan 10, 2011
U can also speak to health counsellors
Re: Alcohol And Cigrettes,how Did U Get Off It. by harakiri(m): 10:42am On Jan 10, 2011
You just make up your mind and quit. I have done it twice and i am on another "break" right now.So far i have been clean for a month. The key is avoiding those issues or variable that push you to smoke in the first instance. You might have to cut off from your usual social circle as well (except for business purposes). E no easy but it's doable. I'll be 31 in March this year and i have been smoking since i was 19.
Re: Alcohol And Cigrettes,how Did U Get Off It. by SlimHealth: 10:54am On Jan 10, 2011
Smoking and alcohol intake are both addictive and are habits acquired in an attempt to deal with stress. You may have discovered that each time you feel stressed up, you have the urge to drink or smoke.

One of the things you must do is find other ways of dealing with stress and discomfort, such as engaging in some sports, like football, jogging or any other hobby that captivates you.

Avoid company that encourages those habits and try to spend more time with people who neither drink nor smoke. When you find such people, get interested in the things they do and usually discuss and contribute, so you can flow with them. Also ask them questions and let them know that you're trying to get in with them as a way of kicking the habit.

Be open about your challenges to someone you trust. God bless.

(1) (Reply)

Interested In Any Medical Equipment:contact The marketing manager on 08029004525 / Solution Home For All Kind Of Strokes / Online Survey For Doctor's And Nurse's

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.