Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,818 members, 7,831,663 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 12:18 AM

Doctors In The House. Medical Advise Please! - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctors In The House. Medical Advise Please! (916 Views)

Need A Medical Advise: / I Need A Medical Advise On What To Do Please..thanks Doctors And Everyone / Salaries Of Medical Doctors In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Doctors In The House. Medical Advise Please! by Nobody: 7:16pm On Apr 30, 2020
Please I have been having abdominal pains on different parts of my stomach plus loose stool that lasted for weeks and mucus in stool. I was worried about the abdominal discomfort so I went to run abdominopelvic scan. On the result I saw liver is enlarged in size-15.87cm as against 15cm normal. Any idea as to what caused this? Can it be cured? Is it a serious condition. Is anything going to happen to me. I need answers. Thank you. Attached is the result link on nairaland. https://www.nairaland.com/3465/doctor-house-free-medical-advice/283#89035642
Re: Doctors In The House. Medical Advise Please! by Lorazepam(f): 7:28pm On Apr 30, 2020
Hian, who on earth makes a diagnosis of PUD from an Abdominopelvic USS
That place you did your scan is very suspect angry
Re: Doctors In The House. Medical Advise Please! by Nobody: 8:43pm On Apr 30, 2020
Lorazepam:
Hian, who on earth makes a diagnosis of PUD from an Abdominopelvic USS
That place you did your scan is very suspect angry
Ok thank you. What does PUD mean tho. What about the enlarged liver? Any input? Cos that's what's disturbing me right now
Re: Doctors In The House. Medical Advise Please! by GreatSuccess: 8:46pm On Apr 30, 2020
This is infection. I suggest you run an infection test in a good lab or hospital. Thanks.
Re: Doctors In The House. Medical Advise Please! by Lorazepam(f): 8:50pm On Apr 30, 2020
Peakyblinder:
Ok thank you. What does PUD mean tho. What about the enlarged liver? Any input? Cos that's what's disturbing me right now
PUD is peptic ulcer disease

The liver is mildly enlarged yes, but you can't just make an assumption of some sort of liver disease based on just one suspicious result.

Go and see a doctor in a general hospital preferably or a reputable private hospital after the lockdown for full workup. You will be asked to run some other tests, esp since you have been passing loose stool for weeks such as FBC, stool MCS, E&U, LFTs if indicated, etc. Depending on what the doctors assessment is.

1 Like

Re: Doctors In The House. Medical Advise Please! by Nobody: 8:50pm On Apr 30, 2020
GreatSuccess:
This is infection. I suggest you run an infection test in a good lab or hospital. Thanks.
Good evening. Any idea as to what test I should run? I did Hep B and C and they were both negative. Any other one?
Re: Doctors In The House. Medical Advise Please! by Nobody: 8:52pm On Apr 30, 2020
Lorazepam:

PUD is peptic ulcer disease

The liver is mildly enlarged yes, but you can't just make an assumption of some sort of liver disease based on just one suspicious result.

Go and see a doctor in a general hospital preferably or a reputable private hospital after the lockdown for full workup. You will be asked to run some other tests, esp since you have been passing loose stool for weeks such as FBC, stool MCS, E&U, LFTs if indicated, etc. Depending on what the doctors assessment is.
Ok thank you. I appreciate
Re: Doctors In The House. Medical Advise Please! by Lorazepam(f): 8:53pm On Apr 30, 2020
Peakyblinder:
Ok thank you. I appreciate
You're welcome
Re: Doctors In The House. Medical Advise Please! by Nobody: 7:55am On May 01, 2020
Does anyone have any idea as to how I can reduce it,if possible? I don't drink alcohol. I was on cefixime x vitamin b co x loratidine before I started noticing pain in different parts of abdomen. I also mixed garlic and vitamin c with warm water before I started noticing the pain but the pain is gone now. Any medication I should take? Doctor prescribed zithromax for something different earlier but I have not started taking it cos I don't know if its antibiotics that caused my issue. Any food I need to stop taking to get it back to normal? Should I continue with the antibiotics?
Re: Doctors In The House. Medical Advise Please! by gasparpisciotta: 8:03am On May 01, 2020
Peakyblinder:
Please I have been having abdominal pains on different parts of my stomach plus loose stool that lasted for weeks and mucus in stool. I was worried about the abdominal discomfort so I went to run abdominopelvic scan. On the result I saw liver is enlarged in size-15.87cm as against 15cm normal. Any idea as to what caused this? Can it be cured? Is it a serious condition. Is anything going to happen to me. I need answers. Thank you. Attached is the result link on nairaland. https://www.nairaland.com/3465/doctor-house-free-medical-advice/283#89035642

If you have been eating ‘cherry’ mango[b] please stop it[/b]. I have similar issues whenever I take ‘mangoes’ . You may need to check what you are eating, especially fruits.
Re: Doctors In The House. Medical Advise Please! by Nobody: 8:07am On May 01, 2020
gasparpisciotta:

If you have been eating ‘cherry’ mango[b] please stop it[/b]. I have similar issues whenever I take ‘mangoes’ . You may need to check what you are eating, especially fruits.
I've been taking mangoes, bananas and water melon recently but can they cause liver enlargement
Re: Doctors In The House. Medical Advise Please! by gasparpisciotta: 8:14am On May 01, 2020
Peakyblinder:
I've been taking mangoes, bananas and water melon recently but can they cause liver enlargement
Inflammation of the organs maybe caused by an infection. Mild antibiotics for a few days may help.
Try see a physician.
My issue with some of these fruits is that they may have been organically engineered and not every one has high level of immunity.
Re: Doctors In The House. Medical Advise Please! by Nobody: 9:04am On May 01, 2020
gasparpisciotta:

Inflammation of the organs maybe caused by an infection. Mild antibiotics for a few days may help.
Try see a physician.
My issue with some of these fruits is that they may have been organically engineered and not every one has high level of immunity.
ok thanks. But I've done hep b and c. What other infection can cause it? I'll see a doctor asap. Thank you
Re: Doctors In The House. Medical Advise Please! by GreatSuccess: 2:37pm On May 02, 2020
[quote author=Peakyblinder post=89040259] Good evening. Any idea as to what test I should run? I did Hep B and C and they were both negative. Any other one?

General infection test...
Re: Doctors In The House. Medical Advise Please! by Nobody: 9:46pm On May 02, 2020
Peakyblinder:
Healthyway15 Oxypress Lexusgs430
Re: Doctors In The House. Medical Advise Please! by Healthyway15: 12:03pm On May 03, 2020
Peakyblinder:

Hello... Sorry about your condition

The symptoms you mentioned and the test point at liver disease (enlarged liver/hepatomegaly) but with that alone, it's not safe to jump into conclusion, because this is often caused by an underlying health condition. That's why it's more advisable to see a doctor first for proper assessment, this will definitely provide a sense of direction in its treatment.

Enlarged Liver(Hepatomegaly) on its own, is usually a symptom of some other underlying conditions such as NAFLD, amyloidosis, Wilson's disease etc. And judging by the symptoms experienced is not enough for the diagnosis of a liver disease because most causes of enlarged liver often show almost the same symptoms.

Your condition is very much treatable, but it requires being treated quickly to prevent complications.

And concerning foods to avoid : fries, fast foods, packaged snacks (this is to minimize the stress on your liver), ease up on sugary foods and sugar, salt, avoid alcohol.

You should eat more of whole grain foods such as oatmeal, brown rice. Vegetables and fruits, coffee, fish rich in omega-3 fatty acids(if eating the particular fish every time is hard, I can help you on its supplements) and drink much water daily.

Well... For our general treatment of Liver disease, messaging me on whatsapp will be better

And lastly... To be sure whether you have peptic ulcer disease(PUD) or not, you can check the link below to have more knowledge of it and its symptoms.

www.nairaland.com/5390250/looking-lasting-solution-stomach-ulcer

1 Like

Re: Doctors In The House. Medical Advise Please! by Nobody: 3:38pm On May 03, 2020
Re: Doctors In The House. Medical Advise Please! by Nobody: 3:38pm On May 03, 2020
Re: Doctors In The House. Medical Advise Please! by Nobody: 3:46pm On May 03, 2020
Peakyblinder:
Sonnie10
Ziga SalC
Re: Doctors In The House. Medical Advise Please! by Nobody: 3:46pm On May 03, 2020
Re: Doctors In The House. Medical Advise Please! by Nobody: 4:01pm On May 03, 2020
Re: Doctors In The House. Medical Advise Please! by Nobody: 7:50pm On May 03, 2020
Healthyway15:

Hello... Sorry about your condition

The symptoms you mentioned and the test point at liver disease (enlarged liver/hepatomegaly) but with that alone, it's not safe to jump into conclusion, because this is often caused by an underlying health condition. That's why it's more advisable to see a doctor first for proper assessment, this will definitely provide a sense of direction in its treatment.

Enlarged Liver(Hepatomegaly) on its own, is usually a symptom of some other underlying conditions such as NAFLD, amyloidosis, Wilson's disease etc. And judging by the symptoms experienced is not enough for the diagnosis of a liver disease because most causes of enlarged liver often show almost the same symptoms.

Your condition is very much treatable, but it requires being treated quickly to prevent complications.

And concerning foods to avoid : fries, fast foods, packaged snacks (this is to minimize the stress on your liver), ease up on sugary foods and sugar, salt, avoid alcohol.

You should eat more of whole grain foods such as oatmeal, brown rice. Vegetables and fruits, coffee, fish rich in omega-3 fatty acids(if eating the particular fish every time is hard, I can help you on its supplements) and drink much water daily.

Well... For our general treatment of Liver disease, messaging me on whatsapp will be better

And lastly... To be sure whether you have peptic ulcer disease(PUD) or not, you can check the link below to have more knowledge of it and its symptoms.

www.nairaland.com/5390250/looking-lasting-solution-stomach-ulcer

Ok thank you. My own question is- Do you think it's Hep B and C? Although the tests show negative
Re: Doctors In The House. Medical Advise Please! by Healthyway15: 1:58am On May 07, 2020
Peakyblinder:
Ok thank you. My own question is- Do you think it's Hep B and C? Although the tests show negative

Some of the symptoms point at hepatitis, but liver diseases causes extend more than arriving at hepatitis. And since the tests still show negative, I would advise you to look at other causes and possibilities. There are varieties of causes of liver problems.

The good news is, liver diseases can be treated when met appropriate treatment. And it's better to get it treated quickly so as to prevent further complications which can be more severe to bear.

(1) (Reply)

Salt And Water in Preventing Pregnancy; Myth or Fact? / Female Circumcision (female Genital Mutilation) / Contraceptive Controversy!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.