Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,696 members, 7,816,844 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:40 PM

Dangote Group Converts Lockdown Break To Staffers' Annual Leave (Photo) - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Dangote Group Converts Lockdown Break To Staffers' Annual Leave (Photo) (43411 Views)

Does Annual Leave Days Include Weekend? / Lockdown: Salary Earners Will Also Cry / Dangote Group Appoints Olakunle Alake As Its New Group Managing Director (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dangote Group Converts Lockdown Break To Staffers' Annual Leave (Photo) by EBMedia: 5:33pm On May 01, 2020
Flash!!! COVID-19: Dangote Group Converts Lockdown Break To Staffers' Annual Leave (Photo)

IgbereTV reports that Dangote Group has informed its staff members that the lockdown break given by the government is now a part of the company annual leave.

A memo to that effect which was captured by IgbereTV reads, "This is to advice all staff that the lockdown period will be regarded as part of Leave Period and therefore annual leave consuming."

"Where any staff has exhausted his/her leave period, a commensurate amount would be deducted to cover the period."

The memo has generated mixed reactions since its release.

See memo below.

http://igberetvnews.com/1349686/flash-covid-19-dangote-group-converts-lockdown-break-staffers-annual-leave-photo/

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dangote Group Converts Lockdown Break To Staffers' Annual Leave (Photo) by helinues: 5:34pm On May 01, 2020
What is mixed reaction about this..

So if things return back to normal, they still want to go for an annual leave again after spending how many months at home?

Well, the company might be looking for a way to relieve some staffs, ask Mikel if I am lying

214 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Dangote Group Converts Lockdown Break To Staffers' Annual Leave (Photo) by SeverusSnape(m): 5:35pm On May 01, 2020
See Sense.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote Group Converts Lockdown Break To Staffers' Annual Leave (Photo) by slimfit1(m): 5:36pm On May 01, 2020
Ok then
Re: Dangote Group Converts Lockdown Break To Staffers' Annual Leave (Photo) by ignis: 5:39pm On May 01, 2020
At least this is better than sacking staff.

251 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Dangote Group Converts Lockdown Break To Staffers' Annual Leave (Photo) by SangoOlukosoOba(m): 5:40pm On May 01, 2020
Nice one!

Development in right direction.

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dangote Group Converts Lockdown Break To Staffers' Annual Leave (Photo) by SalamRushdie: 5:41pm On May 01, 2020
Good thinking

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dangote Group Converts Lockdown Break To Staffers' Annual Leave (Photo) by phelonrays: 5:45pm On May 01, 2020
So as there would be no furlough

It's a nice idea

21 Likes

Re: Dangote Group Converts Lockdown Break To Staffers' Annual Leave (Photo) by ChristineC: 6:03pm On May 01, 2020
inhumanity. does the lock down feel like a break or imprisonment?

those asking me questions, I guess you guys spend your work breaks collapsed in your chairs all through. if this feels like a break to you, then I can only SMH at your lifestyle grin grin grin

some others make plans, you know, like travel. ever heard of that?

53 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote Group Converts Lockdown Break To Staffers' Annual Leave (Photo) by Antox(m): 6:03pm On May 01, 2020
Things are getting hard.
Oh Lord help your children

I received April salary, I want to return to work bcoz MAY fit no sure atall

Las Las we go dey alright.

16 Likes

Re: Dangote Group Converts Lockdown Break To Staffers' Annual Leave (Photo) by Throwback: 6:03pm On May 01, 2020
Almost all multinational and IOC companies are already running down their staff's vacation days with the lockdown.

No union dare complain about that if you still have a job when all of this is over.

Anyone who has already fully consumed their vacation days can apply for extra days off in lieu of pay.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dangote Group Converts Lockdown Break To Staffers' Annual Leave (Photo) by Sagay212: 6:03pm On May 01, 2020
So long as he is paying salary and paying full. Phuck leave and work. It is better than sacking and salary cut.

54 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dangote Group Converts Lockdown Break To Staffers' Annual Leave (Photo) by calculator123(m): 6:03pm On May 01, 2020
No sane worker would want to go on leave again this year.

I can't even imagine the look on the HR's face when you ask for another leave this year.

I just hope they don't retrench like Access, leaving alot of breadwinners stranded.

Today is May 1st, yet a good ask around would show that workers would have preferred going to work today.

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dangote Group Converts Lockdown Break To Staffers' Annual Leave (Photo) by crownwealth: 6:04pm On May 01, 2020
Wickedness

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Group Converts Lockdown Break To Staffers' Annual Leave (Photo) by Lorayne(m): 6:04pm On May 01, 2020
B
Re: Dangote Group Converts Lockdown Break To Staffers' Annual Leave (Photo) by Throwback: 6:04pm On May 01, 2020
ChristineC:
Inhumanity

How?

After weeks of unproductivity with pay, you want the company to still allocate productive time when the lockdown is over for their staff to still go relax at home?

It is you who have no compassion for industry, enterprise and the national economy.

84 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Dangote Group Converts Lockdown Break To Staffers' Annual Leave (Photo) by senatepresido: 6:04pm On May 01, 2020
Their own good na, at least dem get work, me don send CV tire, no work, no money, no girlfriend, on lockdown.... who did I offend

16 Likes

Re: Dangote Group Converts Lockdown Break To Staffers' Annual Leave (Photo) by ibkayee(f): 6:04pm On May 01, 2020
'Better than sacking', but still foul. Yeesh

3 Likes

Re: Dangote Group Converts Lockdown Break To Staffers' Annual Leave (Photo) by adioolayi(m): 6:04pm On May 01, 2020
Any organization's key asset remains her employees. If you have driven business survival and risk management awareness culture into your employees, they see your business as their own personal business. So, at the time of survival like this, they will naturally put business survival first in their decision making.

But, if you are the type that have been treating your employees badly.... survival of your business at this period dey God's hands...Because they can't give what they don't naturally have.

6 Likes

Re: Dangote Group Converts Lockdown Break To Staffers' Annual Leave (Photo) by Kendumazy(m): 6:04pm On May 01, 2020
Still a fair deal.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote Group Converts Lockdown Break To Staffers' Annual Leave (Photo) by anochuko01(m): 6:04pm On May 01, 2020
ho
Re: Dangote Group Converts Lockdown Break To Staffers' Annual Leave (Photo) by senatepresido: 6:04pm On May 01, 2020
Lorayne:
B
B for Buhari

1 Like

Re: Dangote Group Converts Lockdown Break To Staffers' Annual Leave (Photo) by Autotech312(m): 6:04pm On May 01, 2020
Better than what Atiku did.

5 Likes

Re: Dangote Group Converts Lockdown Break To Staffers' Annual Leave (Photo) by Ekpekaycee: 6:04pm On May 01, 2020
Very smart management decision. Schools should also convert the lock down to holidays

9 Likes

Re: Dangote Group Converts Lockdown Break To Staffers' Annual Leave (Photo) by NwaNimo1(m): 6:04pm On May 01, 2020
Africa's richest fraudster......

4 Likes

Re: Dangote Group Converts Lockdown Break To Staffers' Annual Leave (Photo) by u11ae1013: 6:04pm On May 01, 2020
This period would have been the best opportunity for us to boom.
Imagine if we had invested in finding our local cure like Madagascar, imagine if someone like Bruce iwu or doc abalaka were giving a chance. I fear the death Melinda gates was referring to might not be caused by coronavirus but suicide and frustration / hunger

1 Like

Re: Dangote Group Converts Lockdown Break To Staffers' Annual Leave (Photo) by Colybaly: 6:04pm On May 01, 2020
grin ui
Re: Dangote Group Converts Lockdown Break To Staffers' Annual Leave (Photo) by Ernerstdavid55(m): 6:05pm On May 01, 2020
grin audio I repeat if u think am lieing ask mikel
Re: Dangote Group Converts Lockdown Break To Staffers' Annual Leave (Photo) by gbebodye(f): 6:05pm On May 01, 2020
lol, S for Scam

grin
Re: Dangote Group Converts Lockdown Break To Staffers' Annual Leave (Photo) by Lorayne(m): 6:05pm On May 01, 2020
senatepresido:

B for Buhari
Uwarka!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I Finally Quit My Bank Job For Bolt Driving / Ahmed Abdulrahman Helps His Sick Cleaner Who Failed To Show Up At Work / Nigerians And Their Graduate Mentality

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.