Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,007 members, 7,817,971 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:36 AM

My My First Daughter Said She Loves Me More Than My Wife, Pls Help - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My My First Daughter Said She Loves Me More Than My Wife, Pls Help (2720 Views)

Being A First Daughter / Family Welcomes First Daughter Since 1885 - After 138 Years with pictures / RE: 4 Out Of 5 Pastors Said She Is My Wife, But We Dont See Eye To Eye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My My First Daughter Said She Loves Me More Than My Wife, Pls Help by nabiz(m): 9:30pm On May 01, 2020
To go straight to the point, this is the second time my five years old daughter is telling my wife that she loves me more than my wife. This is giving me a great concern. I have a wonderful family infact my wife is the best woman on earth. I don't really know why my daughter should be saying this. I love my wife and prefer my children to love her more. Pls do you think the five years old girl meant what she say. What should I do or what should my wife do. I have notice that my wife is not have about that. Pls advice me

2 Likes

Re: My My First Daughter Said She Loves Me More Than My Wife, Pls Help by Donald3d(m): 9:32pm On May 01, 2020
grin
nabiz:
To go straight to the point, this is the second time my five years old daughter is telling my wife that she loves me more than my wife. This is giving me a great concern. I have a wonderful family infact my wife is the best woman on earth. I don't really know why my daughter should be saying this. I love my wife and prefer my children to love her more. Pls do you think the five years old girl meant what she say. What should I do or what should my wife do. I have notice that my wife is not have about that. Pls advice me

There is nothing to do Sir . She just told you how she feels, don't try to force another feeling on her na .

This is why I love kids, dem no dey do eye service, dem no send you, dem go tell you how e dey do them.

She says she loves you more, there is absolutely nothing wrong with that.

I am curious why you want her to love her mom more ?

15 Likes

Re: My My First Daughter Said She Loves Me More Than My Wife, Pls Help by NextD18: 9:33pm On May 01, 2020
I'm sorry you can't correct it bruv!

It's normal and natural for daughters to vibe more with their fathers than their mothers.

There's absolutely nothing you can do to change the fact. Stop stressing yourself over nothing, because no woman alive will ever feel unhappy or disturbed if any of her child confess loving her the most, rather the woman will feel so happ, lovely, great and fulfilled that she has won her kid's love more the father.

Don't trouble yourself.

13 Likes

Re: My My First Daughter Said She Loves Me More Than My Wife, Pls Help by ikh777: 9:33pm On May 01, 2020
nabiz:

you spend more time with them probably... SO SWITCH.

let your wife spend most of the time with them.... AND you will see a difference. The little girl does not understand what she says yet... ALSO watch whatever she watches and her little friends and her books.... keep her morally clean and you will raise a wonder little princess
Re: My My First Daughter Said She Loves Me More Than My Wife, Pls Help by Donald3d(m): 9:35pm On May 01, 2020
ikh777:

let your wife spend most of the time with them.... AND you will see a difference. The little girl does not understand what she says yet... ALSO watch whatever she watches and her little friends and her books.... keep her morally clean and you will raise a wonder little princess

SO its now immoral for a daughter to say she loves her father more than her mom ?
And who told you she doesn't know what she is saying ?
Wow !

9 Likes

Re: My My First Daughter Said She Loves Me More Than My Wife, Pls Help by Dottore: 9:36pm On May 01, 2020
It's normal for kids to have more affection for a parent of the opposite sex.

Your only concern should be that it doesn't escalate to Oedipus Complex

2 Likes

Re: My My First Daughter Said She Loves Me More Than My Wife, Pls Help by TodayNAlways: 9:37pm On May 01, 2020
shocked
Re: My My First Daughter Said She Loves Me More Than My Wife, Pls Help by nabiz(m): 9:39pm On May 01, 2020
ikh777:

No I am a traveller type. Sometimes I spend 60% of my time outside my family in a year

1 Like

Re: My My First Daughter Said She Loves Me More Than My Wife, Pls Help by Jullima(f): 9:40pm On May 01, 2020
Who’s the disciplinarian??

Children always love their daddy when they’re small because it’s mommy always around laying down the law. My son with his small mouth “I prefer daddy” because daddy will come home with goodies and treats after mommy has dealt with the tantrums. Mommies don’t mind being the bad guys for their formative years.

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My My First Daughter Said She Loves Me More Than My Wife, Pls Help by Jullima(f): 9:40pm On May 01, 2020
nabiz:
No I am a traveller type. Sometimes I spend 60% of my time outside my family in a year
No wonder!!!

12 Likes

Re: My My First Daughter Said She Loves Me More Than My Wife, Pls Help by PositiveDirect: 9:41pm On May 01, 2020
What shall Musa not see on Nairaland?
Re: My My First Daughter Said She Loves Me More Than My Wife, Pls Help by nabiz(m): 9:41pm On May 01, 2020
Donald3d:
grin

There is nothing to do Sir . She just told you how she feels, don't try to force another feeling on her na .

This is why I love kids, dem no dey do eye service, dem no send you, dem go tell you how e dey do them.

She says she loves you more, there is absolutely nothing wrong with that.

I am curious why you want her to love her mom more ?
l want my children to love my wife more because I love her even more than my children. She is my eternal companion

9 Likes

Re: My My First Daughter Said She Loves Me More Than My Wife, Pls Help by faithfull18(f): 9:42pm On May 01, 2020
I don't think it's something to be worried about.
Re: My My First Daughter Said She Loves Me More Than My Wife, Pls Help by nabiz(m): 9:44pm On May 01, 2020
Jullima:
Who’s the disciplinarian??

Children always love their daddy when they’re small because it’s mommy always around laying down the law. My son with his small mouth “I prefer daddy” because daddy will come home with goodies and treats after mommy has to deal with the tantrums. Mommies don’t mind being the bad guys.
it seems you are closer to the problem

1 Like

Re: My My First Daughter Said She Loves Me More Than My Wife, Pls Help by Donald3d(m): 9:44pm On May 01, 2020
nabiz:
l want my children to love more because I love her even more than my children. She is my eternal companion
Let your children love who they want to love more Sir please.
Don't be worried at all.
Let them choose.
It doesn't mean she doesn't love her mom, she just loves you more.
Whenever she says it, tell her you love her too and give her a peck on her forehead, or her cheeks.She deserves it

3 Likes

Re: My My First Daughter Said She Loves Me More Than My Wife, Pls Help by ibkayee(f): 9:45pm On May 01, 2020
Without knowing anything about your family, you're only going to be getting speculation here. What's the dynamic between your children and each individual parent for starters? Is anyone stricter than the other? What's each individual's parental style like? Your wife being the 'best woman on earth' isn't really enough information

I don't think it's always enough to just blame it on the daddy-daughter stereotype, which could be part of the reason but then it also may not be

1 Like

Re: My My First Daughter Said She Loves Me More Than My Wife, Pls Help by GraGra247(m): 9:46pm On May 01, 2020
NextD18:
I'm sorry you can't correct it bruv!

It's normal and natural for daughters to vibe more with their fathers than their mothers.

There's absolutely nothing you can do to change the fact.

Totally false. It is random. A growing child can love the dad more today and love the mom more another time...or even stay fixated on one parent for a very long time (be it the dad or mom.)

2 Likes

Re: My My First Daughter Said She Loves Me More Than My Wife, Pls Help by Haywhymido(m): 9:48pm On May 01, 2020
so this is a issue? well, when i was in primary and secondary school i loved my father more than my mother and it was so obvious. Not until i was in tertiary institution did i start loving my mother than my father.

3 Likes

Re: My My First Daughter Said She Loves Me More Than My Wife, Pls Help by loveliveshere: 9:50pm On May 01, 2020
Nothing unusual, girls love a doting father, I guess you are one hence the attachment
Re: My My First Daughter Said She Loves Me More Than My Wife, Pls Help by nabiz(m): 9:53pm On May 01, 2020
ibkayee:
Without knowing anything about your family, you're only going to be getting speculation here. What's the dynamic between your children and each individual parent for starters? Is anyone stricter than the other? What's each individual's parental style like? Your wife being the 'best woman on earth' isn't really enough information

my wife family are much closer to my children than my family. They treat my children with love. In fact I travelled for a job one week after her birth and stay over 7 months without seeing the. I remember she don't always allow me to Carry her
Re: My My First Daughter Said She Loves Me More Than My Wife, Pls Help by ibkayee(f): 9:55pm On May 01, 2020
nabiz:
my wife family are much closer to my children than my family. They treat my children with love. In fact I travelled for a job one week after her birth and stay over 7 months without seeing the. I remember she don't always allow me to Carry her
What about your wife's personal relationship with your children? Is it different from your relationship with them?
Re: My My First Daughter Said She Loves Me More Than My Wife, Pls Help by UnknownT: 9:56pm On May 01, 2020
You are not usually at home, so your wife scolds and spanks them the most. When you get back from your journey, you always gets them gifts and snacks. These two situations are why she loves you more than your wife

6 Likes

Re: My My First Daughter Said She Loves Me More Than My Wife, Pls Help by Hathor5(f): 10:00pm On May 01, 2020
UnknownT:
You are not usually at home, so your wife scolds and spanks them the most. When you get back from your journey, you always gets them gifts and snacks. These two situations are why she loves you more than your wife

Makes a whole lot of sense.

1 Like

Re: My My First Daughter Said She Loves Me More Than My Wife, Pls Help by nabiz(m): 10:01pm On May 01, 2020
UnknownT:
I think this is true so what should I do

1 Like

Re: My My First Daughter Said She Loves Me More Than My Wife, Pls Help by Hathor5(f): 10:03pm On May 01, 2020
nabiz:

You have been told. Let your daughter be. She is just a child and will change her mind a 1000 times. You are her favorite now, enjoy it while it lasts.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My My First Daughter Said She Loves Me More Than My Wife, Pls Help by piroux(f): 10:08pm On May 01, 2020
This isn't remotely an issue. I said the same to my mum when I was growing. My dad was hardly around and she was the one doing the primary raising, instilling discipline, creating boundaries.

It's a very normal reaction to the parent who isn't around and who hardly disciplines them. You the good guy, she's the bad guy.

They grow out of it though, they turn to teenagers and they realise no parent is perfect, that in fact, the primary care giver is the one they love more.

I think you should enjoy it while it lasts and try to have a good relationship with your daughter. If not, in the next dozen years, you'd be wondering what happened the child that loved you so much.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My My First Daughter Said She Loves Me More Than My Wife, Pls Help by mcdokwe(m): 10:12pm On May 01, 2020
Dottore:
It's normal for kids to have more affection for a parent of the opposite sex.

Your only concern should be that it doesn't escalate to Oedipus Complex
Electra Complex, you mean.
Re: My My First Daughter Said She Loves Me More Than My Wife, Pls Help by leTrizzle: 10:20pm On May 01, 2020
What's the big deal? Every girl's first love is her dad and for the boys his mum.
Re: My My First Daughter Said She Loves Me More Than My Wife, Pls Help by UnknownT: 10:43pm On May 01, 2020
nabiz:
when she outgrows it, she may see that the mother doesn't hate her and that you are not really in her live, the table might turn and she will start seeing you as the stranger that loves his work more than the family
Re: My My First Daughter Said She Loves Me More Than My Wife, Pls Help by ZIMDRILL(m): 10:55pm On May 01, 2020
nabiz:

You are still learning more about kids, kids usually like/love the softer parent

At 5 kids can be annoying assuming she spents more time with mum, mum has to do most of the teaching and correcting hence a child would take it as being hard on her and daddy taken as being the softer one
Re: My My First Daughter Said She Loves Me More Than My Wife, Pls Help by chii8(f): 11:07pm On May 01, 2020
Girl child loves Daddy more while the boy child loves Mummy more.

As for me, I won my husband because I have 3boys and 1girl,My husband is always more closer to the girl than the boys while I'm more attached to the boys than the girl.
Growing up too, I'm more attached to my father than my mom while my brothers are more attached to my mom.
Re: My My First Daughter Said She Loves Me More Than My Wife, Pls Help by Nobody: 12:23am On May 02, 2020
nabiz:

Maybe your wife punishes and shout at them too much but you don't. I loved my dad more than my mum when growing up. My dad basically gave me anything I asked for but my mum was too strict. But now, my mum is like my best friend. I do all my woman talk with her, talks that my dad cannot relate with or is just too shy to talk about with a woman.

Leave the child, with time, she will love you both equally because she will see the value of her mother.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Reveals Why He Didn't Marry His Ex-girlfriend After Meeting Her Fa / Marriage Tragedy: Married Man Dumps Lady At Ikoyi Registry, Steals Her N4m / Nigerian Parents With 5 Daughters Who Are All Lawyers Turn Heads In New Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.