Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,652 members, 7,813,196 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:31 AM

Breaking: U.S Officially Approve Drug for Coronavirus Treatment - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Breaking: U.S Officially Approve Drug for Coronavirus Treatment (3351 Views)

COVID-19: Gorillas At Atalanta Zoo Test Positive For Coronavirus / Dog Tests Positive For Coronavirus In Hong Kong / U.S Is Not Prepared For Coronavirus - Health Worker, Maureen Dugan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking: U.S Officially Approve Drug for Coronavirus Treatment by SadiqBabaSani: 9:36pm On May 01, 2020
Trump: FDA gives emergency approval to virus treatment drug

The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has given emergency approval for the drug remdesivir to be used as a coronavirus treatment, US President Donald Trump has said.

Trump said that the CEO of Gilead, which developed the drug, had described the move as an important first step and would donate one million vials of remdesivir.

Vice-President Mike Pence said distribution of the drug to hospitals would begin on Monday.

The drug, which was originally developed as a treatment for Ebola, cut the duration of coronavirus symptoms from 15 to 11 days in one US trial involving hospitals around the world.

However, a Chinese study has questioned the drug's usefulness.

https://www.bbc.com/news

Cc: lalasticlala front-page pls
Re: Breaking: U.S Officially Approve Drug for Coronavirus Treatment by Nobody: 9:50pm On May 01, 2020
The Chinese questioning the drugs usefulness better not be covid-19 mad o.
People are isolated
Talents are wasting

4 Likes

Re: Breaking: U.S Officially Approve Drug for Coronavirus Treatment by sagitariusbaby(m): 9:58pm On May 01, 2020
Okay
Re: Breaking: U.S Officially Approve Drug for Coronavirus Treatment by Nobody: 10:11pm On May 01, 2020
Why W.H.O and Bill and Melinda gates are rushing to put out their Vaccines!!

President Donald John Trump is a Huge Hinderance to their plot to Vaccine the World..

9 Likes

Re: Breaking: U.S Officially Approve Drug for Coronavirus Treatment by ibksiv(m): 10:26pm On May 01, 2020
Nice. But why is WHO pushing relentlessly for a vaccine while a cure is what is needed? Is it that coro will resurface in the future or remain with us?
Re: Breaking: U.S Officially Approve Drug for Coronavirus Treatment by SpecialAdviser(m): 10:29pm On May 01, 2020
Chinese study has questioned the drug usefulness.

Ladies and gentlemen, I have always said the whole Corona issue is power play between US and China.
Both of them need to explain to the world

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Breaking: U.S Officially Approve Drug for Coronavirus Treatment by seunmsg(m): 10:47pm On May 01, 2020
Kudos to Dr. Babafemi Taiwo and his team for leading the successful study on Remdesivir antiviral drug for Covid-19.

10 Likes

Re: Breaking: U.S Officially Approve Drug for Coronavirus Treatment by omonnakoda: 10:48pm On May 01, 2020
seunmsg:
Kudos to Dr. Babafemi Taiwo and his team for leading the successful study on Remdesivir antiviral drug for Covid-19.
Don't be ridiculous

2 Likes

Re: Breaking: U.S Officially Approve Drug for Coronavirus Treatment by Nobody: 10:48pm On May 01, 2020
Though a step ahead but not a perfect solution.

This is the result of the cold war between China and the US, China has decided to flight dirty by creating a bio chemical against the rest of the world, such a pity

So sure and convinced the Chinese government will pay for this soon
Re: Breaking: U.S Officially Approve Drug for Coronavirus Treatment by OruExpress: 10:58pm On May 01, 2020
Africans, you already have this medicine.
In fact, you have been using it for years. Please be wise and seek to make it yourself. Be care what you import. The ingredients to make medicine come from the tropics, and a non tropical country has a hard time getting them. This means it will be scarce and expensive coming from the US, and they will not put you first in line for treatment.

The US has known this (hence the talk about hydrocq), but none of their companies had 'their own' patent and 'their own' production factories so they waited to catch up before giving you permission to heal yourself with their product.

This is a big opportunity for students of pharma and medicine.

1 Like

Re: Breaking: U.S Officially Approve Drug for Coronavirus Treatment by SalamRushdie: 11:01pm On May 01, 2020
This is a better deal for the US than chloroquine even though both drugs have the same success rate against COVID the only problem chloroquine has is that's it's generic and cheap while remsidivir is patented and will generate billions of dollars for Gilead science and the US in the coming weeks
Re: Breaking: U.S Officially Approve Drug for Coronavirus Treatment by SadiqBabaSani: 11:04pm On May 01, 2020
SalamRushdie:
This is a better deal for the US
Yes it is, problem is how it will reach d rest of the world.

The world will have to make do with this drug fr treatment while research continues fr A Vaccine which will be d silver bullet fr this disease
Re: Breaking: U.S Officially Approve Drug for Coronavirus Treatment by DontCough: 11:09pm On May 01, 2020
omonnakoda:

Don't be ridiculous
Provided he typed "Kudos to Dr. Alfred Hitchcock and his team for leading the successful study on Remdesivir antiviral drug for Covid-19", you would have deemed his comment applaudable?

1 Like

Re: Breaking: U.S Officially Approve Drug for Coronavirus Treatment by loosecanon50(m): 11:09pm On May 01, 2020
They should test the drug on their kids first

1 Like

Re: Breaking: U.S Officially Approve Drug for Coronavirus Treatment by omonnakoda: 11:11pm On May 01, 2020
DontCough:

Provided he typed "Kudos to Dr. Alfred Hitchcock and his team for leading the successful study on Remdesivir antiviral drug for Covid-19", you would have deemed his comment applaudable?
Don't allow small minded people drag you down to their level.

2 Likes

Re: Breaking: U.S Officially Approve Drug for Coronavirus Treatment by SadiqBabaSani: 11:13pm On May 01, 2020
DontCough:

Provided he typed "Kudos to Dr. Alfred Hitchcock and his team for leading the successful study on Remdesivir antiviral drug for Covid-19", you would have deemed his comment applaudabgle?
Seunmsg is known bigot, His emphasis is geared toward a sinister motive... I m Neither Igbo, Yoruba nor Hausa... Bt Bigotry is a bane to any society

1 Like

Re: Breaking: U.S Officially Approve Drug for Coronavirus Treatment by Iamgrey5(m): 11:15pm On May 01, 2020
omonnakoda:
Don't be ridiculous
So credit should not go to those that deserve it?

2 Likes

Re: Breaking: U.S Officially Approve Drug for Coronavirus Treatment by Iamgrey5(m): 11:17pm On May 01, 2020
SadiqBabaSani:
Seunmsg is known bigot, His emphasis is geared toward a sinister motive... I m Neither Igbo, Yoruba nor Hausa... Bt Bigotry is a bane to any society
How does that comment promote bigotry?

He didn't condemn anyone but praised a researcher for a job well done.

2 Likes

Re: Breaking: U.S Officially Approve Drug for Coronavirus Treatment by omonnakoda: 11:24pm On May 01, 2020
Iamgrey5:
So credit should not go to those that deserve it?
The Yoruba I belong to do not indulge in that kind of iidiocy.

In this specific case there is nothing to be credited.

It is indeed true that the sheep that keeps the company of dogs develops a taste for faeces

1 Like

Re: Breaking: U.S Officially Approve Drug for Coronavirus Treatment by Iamgrey5(m): 11:27pm On May 01, 2020
omonnakoda:

The Yoruba I belong to do not indulge in that kind of iidiocy.

In this specific case there is nothing to be credited.

It is indeed true that the sheep that keeps the company of dogs develops a taste for faeces
Perhaps you need a glasses

Did he praise the Yoruba tribe at all in his comment?

He specifically mentioned the name of researcher.

Whereas we see people write Igbo Amaka all the time without you taking any exception to their comments.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking: U.S Officially Approve Drug for Coronavirus Treatment by prinsam30: 11:32pm On May 01, 2020
great news
Re: Breaking: U.S Officially Approve Drug for Coronavirus Treatment by omonnakoda: 11:33pm On May 01, 2020
Iamgrey5:
Perhaps you need a glasses

Did he praise the Yoruba tribe at all in his comment?

He specifically mentioned the name of researcher.

Whereas we see people write Igbo Amaka all the time without you taking any exception to their comments.

Do I need glasses?
That is not how we talk
That they are foolish does not mean we should
Can we end this?r
I have said what I need to say and I did not address you.
Good night

2 Likes

Re: Breaking: U.S Officially Approve Drug for Coronavirus Treatment by Iamgrey5(m): 11:36pm On May 01, 2020
omonnakoda:

Do I need glasses?
That is not how we talk
That they are foolish does not mean we should
Can we end this?r
I have said what I need to say and I did not address you.
Good night
Bruv, I still don't understand why you took an exception to a simple comment that does not berate other successful Nigerian tribes in any way.

I believe the doctor deserves some praises for the wonderful work with his team.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Breaking: U.S Officially Approve Drug for Coronavirus Treatment by chisani(m): 11:36pm On May 01, 2020
Good step in the right direction and kudos to the Nigerian born doctor. Post covid19 era will surely be tough but we will surely win this battle.

1 Like

Re: Breaking: U.S Officially Approve Drug for Coronavirus Treatment by omonnakoda: 11:40pm On May 01, 2020
Iamgrey5:
Bruv, I still don't understand why you took an exception to a simple comment that does not berate other successful Nigerian tribes in any way.

I believe the doctor deserves some praises for the wonderful work with his team.
Na by force?
You are beginning to whine like one of those people.
We don't do chest beating is my opinion. If you like go and get a billboard and start screaming Yoruba amaka
Can we close?

1 Like

Re: Breaking: U.S Officially Approve Drug for Coronavirus Treatment by abobote: 11:49pm On May 01, 2020
Pray it works. meanwhile, I really admire the way Trump is fighting and eager to see a cure to this virus, wish other leasers can fight with same zeal
Re: Breaking: U.S Officially Approve Drug for Coronavirus Treatment by Jokerman(m): 11:51pm On May 01, 2020
Good.

Better than bull gates ID2020 vaccine microchips grin
Re: Breaking: U.S Officially Approve Drug for Coronavirus Treatment by Chlerion: 12:10am On May 02, 2020
SadiqBabaSani:
Sharapp!!!
Re: Breaking: U.S Officially Approve Drug for Coronavirus Treatment by Chlerion: 12:11am On May 02, 2020
omonnakoda:

Don't allow small minded people drag you down to their level.
You're a dunce!
Kodus to Dr. Taiwo and his team...you can goan hug transformer!

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

(stoners Only ). What's Your First Weed Experience Nl's??? / Gaurapad- Treatment Through The Skin / BREAKING News: Ebola Retuns To Nigeria After Killing 3 And Infecting 12

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.