Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,539 members, 7,847,227 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 01:16 PM

Covid-19: New Trend In Nigeria Hospitals - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Covid-19: New Trend In Nigeria Hospitals (350 Views)

Edo Records 19 New COVID-19 Cases / 19 New Cases Of Coronavirus In Nigeria. Total 362. 99 Discharged. 11 Deaths / COVID-19: New York Uses Refrigerated Trailers, Tents As Makeshift Morgue (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Covid-19: New Trend In Nigeria Hospitals by selfemployed(m): 9:57pm On May 01, 2020
Covid-19 in Nigeria.

Over the weekend, Friday to be precise.

My neighbor's son sustained a head injury while playing with his fellow kids and was rushed to the general hospital in my area here.

The little boy wasn't sick o.
Just a head injury that happened in my presence while we were outside discussing.

On Sunday, I went to check on the boy to see how he was doing, he was already playing with other kids though his head is still bandaged.

I started talking with his mom and she told me what now seems to be the new trend as regards Covid-19 in Nigeria.

She showed me the receipt issued to her by the hospital.
It was marked Covid-19, case 353.

I was surprised to see that.

She said when she saw the receipt, she asked the nurse what was the meaning of that?
That her son isn't a Covid-19 patient.

The nurse told her not to worry, that it means nothing.
That she was only doing what was required of her.
So she shouldn't worry.

According to the woman, she was still worried seeing that on her receipt but the nurse further reassured her and told her that if she doesn't do that, she could be issued a query. Wow!

What this means is that, according the receipt, the boy is case 353 treated and discharged.

Can you imagine that?!

That is possibly the new trend now at government hospitals.

Once you're sick and visits a government hospital, you're a Covid-19 patient.

If she hadn't shown me that receipt, I wouldn't have believed what she told me yesterday.

And you keep wondering why we can't see common pictures of patients in the isolation centers. Common pictures o.

All we see everyday are numbers upon numbers.

Let me leave it here for now.

*unverified
Re: Covid-19: New Trend In Nigeria Hospitals by DopeDrugDealer(m): 10:02pm On May 01, 2020
And your naive self can't take pictures of the receipt to post here. Pictures or...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Covid-19: New Trend In Nigeria Hospitals by Kobicove(m): 10:12pm On May 01, 2020
Corrupting is so rampant in this country that people no longer find it shocking!
Re: Covid-19: New Trend In Nigeria Hospitals by Vision4God: 10:25pm On May 01, 2020
My hands on my head.... Aaaaahhhhhh

(1) (Reply)

Pregnant Woman Dies Of Covid-19 At Fmc,abeokuta, Another Patient Tests Positive / Scent Leaf / Opinion: Mandatory Vaccination For COVID-19 Is Flawed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.